Server Rules on Request (2.2.2.0 - 2015-03-031)

Originally Posted by Phil_K*:

Description

Server Rules on Request provides an in-game command which allowes the players to request the server rules. You define the text to be displayed in the plugin settings. The in-game command is also registered with the BasicInGameInfo plugin and can be requested by using the help command of that plugin.

The option for a welcome message is 1:1 conversion.

It is left in for compatibility reasons and will be droped in a later version. You may test if it fits your needs but I advice you to use for example the onSpawn message of my Admin Announcer & onSpawn Message* plugin.

The method here is a bit unsecure because if a player does not spawn during the time period you set with the delay he does not see the message.

Note

This plugin checks for admin status.

A user is an admin if his playername can be matched against a procon account name and this account has any privilege. The smallest possible privilege is to be able to login to the layer.

If a player is detected as admin (see above) using the rules command with the global command scope the output is send to all users.

Installation Instructions

Please refer to the download section down below.

Configuration

The settings should be self explaining.

Data done in the abandoned plugin* should be noticed and used by this plugin automatically.

With 2.1.0.0 the plugin is able to respond to a request of a dedicated rule. To support your users it is a good idea to

prefix your rules with numbers like

Please follow our rules:

[1] the admin has the last word

[2] no cheats / hacks

[3] no baserape

[4] no killing for vehicles

If you use a first line like in the example above set the "Ignore first line" to Yes. If a user requests rule number 3 he will get the one prefixed with [3] otherwise it would be rule number [2].

Technical Support

If you experience any issues with this plugin, please report here.

Changelog

2.2.2.0 (2015-03-031)

• added Battlefield Hardline compatibility

2.2.1.0 (2014-01-03)

• fixed yell display time for BF4

2.2.0.0 (2012-06-18)

• added option to trigger rules by using Procon chat tab
  • added keyword for chat tab trigger. Default: !show_rules
  • fixed no delay between rules using say. Yell needs to wait until display time is over.

2.1.0.0 (2012-05-22)

• fixed check for admin, now an account needs the privilege to access the remote layer if nothing else is defined
  • added option to catch and use privilege value of an existing procon account
  • added plugin action output to event tab for loging who has requested the rules for whom
  • added ability to request only one rule

2.0.0.0 (2012-05-06)

• Plugin released.
  • nearly 1:1 conversion of RulesOnRequest by Lorax74 because the original plugin seems to be abandoned in support
  • rules command is now included in the list of commands viewable by using help provided by the BasicInGameInfo plugin
  • changed plugin structure to use the up to date plugin api
  • made yell option BF3 compatible

Download

You can use the package tab on the Procon start page.

Please have patience. Sometimes an update of the packages page takes a while.

To-Do

- nothing to do. :ohmy: or wait for feedback

Greets

Phil.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by nepabigdog*:

Funny, I just downloaded the old plugin the other day and was reading up on it and never turned it on, I will download this version and give it a try, thank you!

Hi.

How would we add this to a layer server?

You can try installing via the package system.

It should work if you follow these steps:

• connect the client procon to the layer host but stay on the start page
  • select the plugin to be installed
  • hit the install button
  • you should see the info that your client and the layer is downloading the plugin
  • after downloading and preparing as successful you have to restart your client and the layer server!

To do so it is necessary that the plugin isn't installed on the client already. If it is delete its xml file from the packages folder. Procon detects on those files which plugins are installed.

The remote triggered install on the layer may also fail if your layer provider has set different rights on the files / folders of the layer. In that case you may ask your hoster to install that plugin or you can try using the ftp access your hoster may provide. Using ftp upload you have to place the files in the plugins folder of the zip to their related folders on your layer installation.

Don't forget to restart the Procon layer host. Uploaded plugins are only recognized and compiled for use on a procon start.

Greets

Phil.

Hi Phil,

We ran the plugin and tested it out, I was wondering if I was doing something wrong because when I do a @rules it shows in chat but everyone can see the rules, is it possible to just show for that player or squad? Or using !rules make a difference? I am an admin, maybe the pubs can't use @rules but can use !rules? ....Help! :smile: Thanks again...!

Hi.

I think you mixed something up. :ohmy:

The plugin is pretty simple and because of that everyone can use every response scope represented by the different prefixes. But remember the plugins description the only response scope prefixes used are the one for global and private responses.

If an admin uses the rules command with the global prefix ( !rules ) the output of the rules done by the plugin will be seen by everyone on the server.

If an admin uses the rules command with the private prefix ( @rules ) the output of the rules done by the plugin will only be seen by the admin who has issued that command.

If a normal player uses the rules command with the global prefix ( !rules ) the output of the rules done by the plugin will only be seen by the player who issued that command.

Actually there is a small bug with the check of permissions.

The description says for the plugin a player is admin if he has the right to login to the layer. Actually that is not the case. For this plugin a player is admin and can send the rules to all players if his player name matches a procon account name even if he has no Rcon or local rights assigned.

I will change that in the next version and give you the option to set the level of permissions which a user should have to be able to send the rules to all players.

Greets

Phil.

Thanks Phil for your response, I turned the plugin back on and I tried @rules and I just get ADMIN: and that's it; just blank and yes I have text in the array, I have restarted the plugin with the same results and I have also tried !rules and I get nothing at all....I guess I am doing something wrong...but dont know what....

Hi.

But you do enter the commands in game using one of the chats (global, team, squad)?

This plugin can not be triggered by commands you enter via Procons chat tab, you have to be ingame.

If you did that already make sure you have only one plugin running which uses "rules" as command key word.

You may want to try if it works if you disable all other plugins except this one and maybe the basicIngameInfo

plugin.

Greets

Phil.

Originally Posted by rautenbachj*:

My plugin keeps going missing from my ProCon Console. The plugin is uploaded into the "/Plugins/BF3" but it only showed up once in my Procon console, after that, I havent been able to see it again. Is this a known thing, and how can i fix it? I have tried to delete it and re-upload it, it doesnt make any difference.

Originally Posted by CPx4*:

Thanks! Plugin works well :smile:

Small problem with the welcome message. Would be nice if it would say "...please type @rules in chat to..." instead of "...please type rules in chat to..."

But, I can't get the "@" character to display. (Players are incorrectly typing plain 'rules' in chat, rather than '@rules')

- CPx4

Hi.

Why not change the welcome message itself?

Just place an @ in front of %cmd% resulting in @%cmd% and the @rules information you want.

Greets

Phil.

Originally Posted by CPx4*:

Hi Phil,

I tried it the 1st time (before creating this post) and it didn't work (seemed to truncate the "@"), but tried again and it works!

Thanks,

- CPx4

Originally Posted by k4n30*:

Hey Phil,

Just wondering on the usage of "Takes privileges of" and "Privileges value" variables as the description in the plugin info is a bit vague. When are these value used, and how is the value (default 8329) obtained?

Cheers

Hi.

Just wondering on the usage of "Takes privileges of" and "Privileges value" variables as the description in the plugin info is a bit vague. When are these value used, and how is the value (default 8329) obtained?

Looking at procon internals privileges have a decimal equivalent.

The value 8329 shortly means the user has a procon account with his name and that account is allowed to log in to the layer server, but no more privileges.

With "Takes privileges of" you enter an account name you want to take as template.

If you have entered it the plugin will empty the field but change the "Privileges value" to the value that account has.

All users which have an account and privileges equal or higher to the template user you entered will be treated as admins which can trigger the rules to be displayed to all users. If a normal user enters "!rules" the rules are only send to him. If an admin enters "!rules" in the chat the plugin will show the rules at the global channel to all users.

Greets

Phil.

Originally Posted by Flaxe*:

First off I want to thank you for this plugin.

Is there a way to make the rules "faster" when someone requests them? Right now, it's 1 second between each rule which is very long time imo, and it doesn't seem to work to add a 0 because it's still 1 second between them.

Thanks.

Hi.

How do I get the 3.3.0.2 version?

Good question.

As far as i know it is no version Lorax did, nor did I.

That's what happens if people change or do plugins without checking the forum if the namespace is already used. :ohmy: So if someone has one of these 3.x.x.x plugins running I'll be glad to get a copy of it and the name of the author.

Actually it is thinkable that those are plugins based on the old of Lorax but made BF3 compatible and shared by

others outside this forum.

As some kind of official word the 2.1.0.0 downloadable in this thread and via the package system is the lastest

version of this plugin I maintain.

Greets

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Firewoker*:

Hi

Thank you for your pluggin.

But i have an issue.

When I put the delay between rules on 1 seconds, that doesn't work in game.

There is a delay of 6 seconds between 2 rules and this is too much.

How can i solve the problem ?

Hi.

Do you want to use the delay between rules for yell or normal say messages?

At the moment the plugin use a delay between messages which is "optimized" for yell messages but

is a bit annoying for say messages.

I've got a new version in the pipe, guess i release it by the weekend. With it you can use a delay between

messages of 0 for say-messages and you can trigger the rule for all by using procons chat tab.

Greets

Phil.

Hi.

Do you want to use the delay between rules for yell or normal say messages?

At the moment the plugin use a delay between messages which is "optimized" for yell messages but

is a bit annoying for say messages.

I've got a new version in the pipe, guess i release it by the weekend. With it you can use a delay between

messages of 0 for say-messages and you can trigger the rule for all by using procons chat tab.

Greets

Phil.

Awesome, thanks for the update mate! I'll wait :biggrin:

Hi.

Plugin is updated and version 2.2.0.0 will be available using the package tab soon.

Please see the first post for the changelog.

Greets

Phil.

Awesome! Will test it right away. I'll edit the post if I have any questions! :smile:
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Originally Posted by Mandizzy*:

Hi Phil,

Can you provide another option to optionally do both yell and message to player(s) when requesting rules. I like the yell option, it's in their face and prominent but it has one big draw back. It won't show if someone is not spawned in. For those not spawned in, only way to communicate is through chat window.

Thanks

• 1 month later...