ImportBot

Currency v3.0.1.1: Bounties & Mugging! (Updated: 06/06/2012)

Originally Posted by DarkZerO_AT*:

Would love to add this to our BFH and BF4 server, will try if it works but i guess it wont

no one here who wants to make it compatible to BF4 and BFH? :P

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by dzieju*:

I have add this plugin do bf4 and have this error

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...RULES-woox-pl/

Currency error: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [iM002] [Microsoft][Menedzer sterowników ODBC] Nie mozna odnalezc nazwy zródla danych, a nie ma podanego sterownika domyslnego

w System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHa ndle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)

w System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcCo nnection connection, OdbcConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle environmentHandle)

w System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen..ctor(OdbcConn ection outerConnection, OdbcConnectionString connectionOptions)

w System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConne ction(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)

w System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.Creat eNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)

w System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetCo nnection(DbConnection owningConnection)

w System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)

w System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()

w PRoConEvents.Currency.OnPluginEnable()

Originally Posted by DarkZerO_AT*:

i finally managed to upload it to our BFH server

plugin working fine so far but getting the same error messages as the guy above

and the chat messages are too big for the BFH chat window, i will try to change them a bit for our server, if thats ok :ohmy:

Originally Posted by archangel*:

any chance this plugin has been or can be updated to connect to mysql without odbc? That is the only real reason this plugin is not really in use and i would really like to use this plugin as do many of my fellow server admins.

Originally Posted by reesey275*:

I was able to get this to work with BF4 after installing the ODBC 5.1 connector on the ProCon Server. If you have the server on a x64 system only download the x64 driver.

https://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/Connector-ODBC/5.1/mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.13-win32.msi

https://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/....13-winx64.msi

Originally Posted by ZeroKooL*:

I was able to get this to work with BF4 after installing the ODBC 5.1 connector on the ProCon Server. If you have the server on a x64 system only download the x64 driver.

https://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/Connector-ODBC/5.1/mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.13-win32.msi

https://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/....13-winx64.msi

This works well if i just run procon.exe but if i run the layer as a service it no longer works, any idea?

I haven't tested it running as a service. Will do that a day this week. What OS are you running the Layer on?

Originally Posted by ZeroKooL*:

My layer is running on win7 x64, i was going to play around with it this week but just have not had the time.

I've ran into the same issue. Works perfectly when running it as a user but the minute you attempt to run the ProCon.Service.exe as a Local Service is blows up. Has something to do with the way the plugin is calling the MySQL ODBC connector. I will have another one of our coders take a look at it this coming week and see if he has any input as well.

ZeroKool,

I may have found a way to do it.

Are you using the Windows MySQL DB server? Is it on the same machine that your ProCon layer? Are connecting to localhost or 127.0.0.1? (There is a difference between the two TCP/IP or Named Pipes)

My setup is using Windows 10 for the ProCon Layer Server/Service and Debian 8 Jessie for the MySQL DB server.

I created a local service account on the machine for ProCon.

Service.PNG

I had to setup the ODBC Data Source in the ODBC Data Source Administrator (x64).

ProCon ODBC.PNG

Also I had to open port 445 TCP/UDP on both machines as well.

If you need help at anytime you are more than welcome to jump into our Teamspeak server @ ts.asosgaming.com to talk to me.

Originally Posted by 2-Point-O*:

freakin awesome bud, THE LINK THAT WORKS IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK!

The other tutorial links DON'T work!!!

ok, which servers does your plugin work on?

I've rented one from NFOServers and am getting the same error ...

Originally Posted by leibhold*:

freakin awesome bud, THE LINK THAT WORKS IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK!

The other tutorial links DON'T work!!!

What tutorial link?

ok, which servers does your plugin work on?

I've rented one from NFOServers and am getting the same error ...

BF3 server with the right MySQL ODBC connector

with this plugin, will it work on a shared web host? or does it require a dedicated host?

secondly; can I possibly get the link to the howto? being that the one posted here is a broken link!

If you start at post #245* and read from there down most of the information is provided to get this plugin to work correctly. What issues are you having exactly?

13 minutes ago, iKorion said:

Can I use this to give people weapons

No. The game controls which weapons a player has. They have to unlock weapons.