PATCH FOR - BF3 TrueBalancer (CQ, Rush, TDM, GM, TS, SCAV, CTF) 0.4.0.7 (03.14.2013)

ImportBot

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

As an alternative, take a look at ...*.

On behalf of Panther, this is a patched version of TrueBalancer, based on 0.4.0.1. Changes include:

* (0.4.0.5) Restores the tb-move and tb-fmove commands that were lost in the 0.4.0.4 patch

* Reduces lag/delays due to stats fetching (but does not eliminate lag, see below)

* Reduces Procon panic errors, where the plugin seems to disable itself or "disappear"

* Adds player name to StatsException messages

* Adds a new plugin setting (see below)

This also includes the Scavenger additions done by EBastard.

If you install this version and you changed your procon.cfg pluginMaxRuntime value to 9 59, you should set the value back to 0 59. If after setting it back, you still get panic errors (plugin disappears), try adding 30 seconds at a time and run for a day or two, until panics end. So the next setting you might try is 1 30 then 2 01 then 2 30, etc. Just keep in mind that the bigger the number you use, the worse your Procon lag is going to be. For another alternative that does not introduce Procon lag, see the new setting below.

*New Setting*

The new setting is at the top: Maximum number of players to fetch at each interval.

The default value is 1.

If you continue to have Procon lag, try setting the value to 0. That will disable stats fetching.

WARNING: Disabling stats fetching stops all skills-based settings, like skill scrambling, from working. Also, if you have a clan-tag based whitelist, players with that tag may still be moved. Tags are included in stats fetching, so if stats fetching is disabled, TB has no clue who has tags.

You could try a blended approach: When you first start Procon, set Maximum number of players to fetch at each interval to 0 and let other stats plugins catch up. After everything has settled down for a while, set the value to 1 and let TB fetch stats until it has stats for all players.

Special thanks to all of the following for testing and debugging help that they provided: OscarMike, EBastard, Hexacanon, dyn, LumpyNutz

Patch 0.4.0.7

March 14 2013 - EDIT EBastard

Fixed CTF Scrambling

CTF now displays combined with Gunmaster in pluginsettings.

Unless there are issues with this version, this is the final version and no updates will be released.

Once PapaCharlie9 releases his new MULTIbalancer, TrueBalancer has reached end of life and will probably removed as there is no support for it by the original author. (unless some other Plugin Author wants to take on the support)

Patch 0.4.0.6

March 9 2013 - EDIT EBastard

Added Air Superiority & Capture the Flag support.

Air Superiority uses the Conquest balancing routine, while CTF uses Gunmaster routine as there are no tickets in this mode nor is there info about flags in RCON.

More info in this post:

myrcon.net/...patch-for-bf3-truebalancer-0407#entry32252

Attached Files:

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but I don't plan to spend any more time fixing this plugin. That time is better spent on a new balancing plugin, under design here:

www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...m-(SQDM)-modes*

Originally Posted by pharbehind*:

Since I moved PRoCon to a dedicated machine, I haven't had any issues (and I can log without questions from host...)

More than willing to help test and provide logs with your future plugins. Looking forward to your next balancer.

Originally Posted by AlexBsAs_80*:

Hola desde Argentina. Estoy probando el plugin 0.4.0.1, y la verdad que balancea muy bien y los jugadores no se molestan, los FELICITO por el gran trabajo y muchas gracias por compartir este plugin, ahora voy a probar el 0.4.0.4, si desean que pruebe mas códigos o plugin para ayudar, con gusto lo are en mi server.

Saludos, Alex.

Originally Posted by LumPenPacK*:

If I set the "Maximum number of players to fetch at each interval to 0" does it also disable SPMCombat scramble? The SPMCombat value is not taken from bl, isn't it?

If I set the "Maximum number of players to fetch at each interval to 0" does it also disable SPMCombat scramble? The SPMCombat value is not taken from bl, isn't it?

SPMcombat does come from Battlelog stats. It gets the stat "combatScore" just for combat (not counting team scores, like reviving or resupplying, or vehicle scores) and divides by the stat "timePlayed".

So yes, setting to 0 will make SPMcombat scrambling not work correctly.

Tengo una pregunta y una idea.

Se puede colocar una opción, que cuando el servidor este balanceado impida que los jugadores se pasen de lado a lado, provocando que todo se desbalancee, y colocando un mensaje a editar para informarle al usuario que no puede cambiarse de equipo si no se desbalancea el server_.

También se podría colocar una variable, que ocurra cuando el jugador cambia de equipo casi al terminar la ronda para ganar. Así se podría colocar un mensaje: EJEMPLO "El jugador XXX ha intentado cambiarse de equipo para ganar, que lamentable."

Saludos.

PD: perdonen mi inglés, esta traducido con go0gle. XD

*****Traducción****Traduction****

I have a question or an idea.

You can place an option, that when the server is balanced prevents players move from side to side, causing everything is out of balance, placing and editing a message informing the user that the computer can not be changed unless the unbalanced server_.

You could also place a variable occurs when the player switches teams near the end of the round to win. This could place a message: EXAMPLE "Player XXX has tried changing team to win, that unfortunate."

Greetings.

PS: excuse my english, this translated go0gle. XD

Originally Posted by IAF-SDS*:

AlexBsAs_80,

TrueBalancer already does all of this for you. I copied the following from another post I made about the same issue.

Look at section 3. Balancing Guard in TrueBalancer to enable it.

The code for TrueBalancer confirms:

this.ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "admin.say", "You are not allowed to switch into this team, because you would unbalance the teams.", "player", strSoldierName);

this.ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "admin.say", "You are switched back into your squad.", "player", strSoldierName);

this.strShameMessage = "%TeamSwitcher% tried to switch into the winning team. SHAME ON YOU!";

Posted Image

IAF SDS

Gracias por la información compañero, no sabía que existía, es exactamente eso lo que le quería colocar a mi server, ya que se la pasan cambiando constantemente de bando y desequilibran todo. Ahora mismo le pego una hojeada a ese hilo, a ver si puedo aprender como colocarlo.

Desde ya muchas gracias IAF SDS por la ayuda.

Otra pregunta.

--------------

¿Hay alguna manera de configurar este fabuloso plugin "TrueBalance BF3", para que solamente balancee al último que entra y que al finalizar la ronda si mezcle y balancee a todo el server, para que este parejo los rangos de ambos equipos?

Tengo quejas que jugadores que entraron antes que los últimos, diciendo "por que me balancea si estoy hace rato en el server". Como puedo solucionar esto.

Desde ya muchas gracias y disculpen mi inglés.

**************Traducción*******************

IAF SDS

Thanks for the info mate, did not know existed, that's exactly what I wanted to place my server, since they spend constantly changing sides and unbalance everything. Right now I hit a peek at that thread and see if I can learn how to put it.

From already thank you very much for the help IAF SDS.

Another question.

-----------------

Is there any way to configure this fabulous plugin "TrueBalance BF3" so that only the last-in swing and at the end of the round if you mix and balance to the entire server, so that it even ranges of both teams?

I have complaints that players who entered before the last, saying "if I'm swinging while the server". How I can fix this

From already thank you very much and sorry for my English.

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

IAF SDS

Gracias por la información compañero, no sabía que existía, es exactamente eso lo que le quería colocar a mi server, ya que se la pasan cambiando constantemente de bando y desequilibran todo. Ahora mismo le pego una hojeada a ese hilo, a ver si puedo aprender como colocarlo.

Desde ya muchas gracias IAF SDS por la ayuda.

Otra pregunta.

--------------

¿Hay alguna manera de configurar este fabuloso plugin "TrueBalance BF3", para que solamente balancee al último que entra y que al finalizar la ronda si mezcle y balancee a todo el server, para que este parejo los rangos de ambos equipos?

Tengo quejas que jugadores que entraron antes que los últimos, diciendo "por que me balancea si estoy hace rato en el server". Como puedo solucionar esto.

Desde ya muchas gracias y disculpen mi inglés.

**************Traducción*******************

IAF SDS

Thanks for the info mate, did not know existed, that's exactly what I wanted to place my server, since they spend constantly changing sides and unbalance everything. Right now I hit a peek at that thread and see if I can learn how to put it.

From already thank you very much for the help IAF SDS.

Another question.

-----------------

Is there any way to configure this fabulous plugin "TrueBalance BF3" so that only the last-in swing and at the end of the round if you mix and balance to the entire server, so that it even ranges of both teams?

I have complaints that players who entered before the last, saying "if I'm swinging while the server". How I can fix this

From already thank you very much and sorry for my English.

regarding the last team joiner switch, this is not possible at all. i think but i am not sure that Papacharlie9 is going to make that possible in his new balancer that is still being developed.

what i do is change the messages to reduce the amount of complaints like in this example :

Posted Image

regarding the scramble, i have no idea how it works if stats fetching is at 0, would be nice if PC9 can explain it. which value we should choose.

regarding the scramble, i have no idea how it works if stats fetching is at 0, would be nice if PC9 can explain it. which value we should choose.

Beats me. I'm not an experienced TB user, so I don't even know what all the options are or how they work. I tried not to look at any code that isn't directly related to stats fetching or the OnListPlayers event.

Originally Posted by Jasonpb*:

This is a patch? or replacement file? original was 608KB and this is 358KB... I uninstalled TB a while ago due to the issues but insane balancer really isn't that fantastic.

Originally Posted by stoker*:

Hi can i ask if anyone has noticed that the tb-move and tb-fmove commands are not working ingame?

Hi can anyone let me know if this command is working for server admins please ?

0.4.0.1 worked fine

AlexBsAs_80,

TrueBalancer already does all of this for you. I copied the following from another post I made about the same issue.

Look at section 3. Balancing Guard in TrueBalancer to enable it.

The code for TrueBalancer confirms:

this.ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "admin.say", "You are not allowed to switch into this team, because you would unbalance the teams.", "player", strSoldierName);

this.ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "admin.say", "You are switched back into your squad.", "player", strSoldierName);

this.strShameMessage = "%TeamSwitcher% tried to switch into the winning team. SHAME ON YOU!";

Posted Image

IAF SDS

There is something I do not understand, in the "3. Balancing Guard" the active, but players continue passing and unbalancing everything.

I understand you put the command, but where it is placed? Please could you explain me more explicitly.

Thanks and regards.

0.4.0.1 worked fine

they dont work for me, i use the original !fmove !move commands now.

Originally Posted by IAF-SDS*:

IAF SDS

There is something I do not understand, in the "3. Balancing Guard" the active, but players continue passing and unbalancing everything.

I understand you put the command, but where it is placed? Please could you explain me more explicitly.

Thanks and regards.

AlexBsAs_80,

See the discussion at this link for the answer:

www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...Balance-plugin*

As you'll read in that link, I recommend changing the "15" shown in the image below to "1" if you want it to stop them from switching sides sooner.

(The discussion at the link above will explain things further.)

Posted Image

This is a patch? or replacement file? original was 608KB and this is 358KB... I uninstalled TB a while ago due to the issues but insane balancer really isn't that fantastic.

It's a complete replacement. The size is probably due to Unicode encoding of the text (UTF-16 for the original, UTF-8 for the patch).

0.4.0.1 worked fine

That hasn't changed so they should work fine. What happens when you try it? Do you get nothing, no response? Do you get this response? "You do not have enough privileges to move players"

Make sure you have the Basic In-Game Info plugin enabled. If you do, type @help in chat in-game. The tb-move and tb-fmove commands should be listed. If they are not, something is wrong with your set-up, like maybe your account registration needs to be updated in Procon.

In TB, try setting Enable Debug Mode for balancing guard to Enabled. Check your plugin.log after you do a tb-move or tb-fmove. You should see a log message like this: Force Moving Player: .

As a last resort, try disabling TrueBalancer, wait 10 seconds, then enable it again. That should force the commands to register with Procon.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

In TB, try setting Enable Debug Mode for balancing guard to Enabled. Check your plugin.log after you do a tb-move or tb-fmove. You should see a log message like this: Force Moving Player: .

As a last resort, try disabling TrueBalancer, wait 10 seconds, then enable it again. That should force the commands to register with Procon.

I too was having this problem.

Symptom:

Enabled Debug Mode for Balancing Guard (enabled)

!tb-fmove

!tb-move

Neither of the commands worked or provided any reply at all. Procon has been running without incident for ~14 hours.

Fix action:

As suggested I disabled TrueBalancer for no fewer than 10 seconds. Once TrueBalancer was restarted !tb-fmove commands were accepted again.

To also note, while it's possible this was present in other version, I believe this was first seen on this version ( True Balancer BF3 - 0.4.0.4 ). It's the 2nd time I've had it happen while running it. The first time another admin was in game.

While the tb-move doesn't get tons of usage, it has been needed at least 3 times in the past 2 days. What's the opinion on this? Should we go back to a lower version?

What's the opinion on this? Should we go back to a lower version?

Obviously, I'm going to say no to that. :smile: Among other problems, older versions re-register those commands on every OnListsPlayers event. I guess Procon tolerates that, but since I was trying to make OnListPlayers go faster anyway, I removed that line of code. That's probably why the commands are going missing in 4.0.4.

I can't imagine what is causing the commands to get unregistered in the first place, but the way it was "fixed" in earlier versions is pretty awful.

There is one other minor fix that TB needs, so maybe I'll do one more patch ... sigh.

Obviously, I'm going to say no to that. :smile: Among other problems, older versions re-register those commands on every OnListsPlayers event. I guess Procon tolerates that, but since I was trying to make OnListPlayers go faster anyway, I removed that line of code. That's probably why the commands are going missing in 4.0.4.

I can't imagine what is causing the commands to get unregistered in the first place, but the way it was "fixed" in earlier versions is pretty awful.

There is one other minor fix that TB needs, so maybe I'll do one more patch ... sigh.

I was going to make a comment about how re-registering so often sounds bad, but, to be honest I've been awake nearly 30 hours and probably wouldn't make any sense.

I will leave you with one final comment regarding any possible "last fix" (will there ever be such a thing :x):

Posted Image

I was going to make a comment about how re-registering so often sounds bad, but, to be honest I've been awake nearly 30 hours and probably wouldn't make any sense.

I will leave you with one final comment regarding any possible "last fix" (will there ever be such a thing :x):

Posted Image

I would rather see pc9 releasing his balancer with no features at all instead of receiving yet another patch.

SDS IAF Thanks, I'll read the whole post to see if I can configure it.

Since I'm on the subject, it would be good to reform this plugin "TRUEbalance BF3", in part to prohibit the writing of when the server side is level or when the opposing side is greater, and to place the message type at ease, as to make it a little easier to manage and understand the options.

Greetings and thanks for the help.

Bueno, por fin lo pude configurar para que no se pasen a cada rato y desequilibren todo el servidor, pero ahora tengo otro problema y no entiendo por que sucede.

No salen los mensajes en la consola del chat, pero en la consola del procon si salen todos y aparecen como si los mostrara, y estan activados para que salgan en el chat todos los mensajes. ¿Que puede estar pasando? ya desactive y volvi activar el plugin, cerre y volvi abrir el procon, pero los mensajes del TRUEBALANCE BF3 siguen sin aparecer en el chat.

Perdón por mi ingles, si no se entiende vuelvo a escribirlo.

Saludos.

************Traducción*******************

Well, finally I could not be configured to pass all the time and unbalance the entire server, but now I have another problem and do not understand why it happens.

Do not leave messages in the chat console, but procon console if they leave all and appear as if the show, and are enabled to come out in all chat messages. What is happening? already turned off and activate the plugin, and went to open the closed procon but BF3 TRUEbalance messages still missing in chat.

Sorry for my English, if not understood to write back.

Greetings.

I would rather see pc9 releasing his balancer with no features at all instead of receiving yet another patch.

True, but lately IRL work is what's taking all my time away from MULTIbalancer. The TB patch I can knock out over breakfast, and already did, I'm running it on a test server as I type this.

The TB patch I can knock out over breakfast, and already did, I'm running it on a test server as I type this.

I was going to do another cat meme picture. lol.

I can just picture you sitting down with a computer in one hand and a piece of white toast smothered with strawberry jam in the other. Slowing looking over your code taking small bites of the toast while trying to ensure no crumbs get on the keyboard. On the last bite of toast you look up and proclaim "I've got it" and then proceed to upload the code to github, close your laptop, and take your morning constitutional.

Most excellent and will of course offer any services you need for testing!

Originally Posted by Legate*:

Bueno, por fin lo pude configurar para que no se pasen a cada rato y desequilibren todo el servidor, pero ahora tengo otro problema y no entiendo por que sucede.

No salen los mensajes en la consola del chat, pero en la consola del procon si salen todos y aparecen como si los mostrara, y estan activados para que salgan en el chat todos los mensajes. ¿Que puede estar pasando? ya desactive y volvi activar el plugin, cerre y volvi abrir el procon, pero los mensajes del TRUEBALANCE BF3 siguen sin aparecer en el chat.

Perdón por mi ingles, si no se entiende vuelvo a escribirlo.

Saludos.

************Traducción*******************

Well, finally I could not be configured to pass all the time and unbalance the entire server, but now I have another problem and do not understand why it happens.

Do not leave messages in the chat console, but procon console if they leave all and appear as if the show, and are enabled to come out in all chat messages. What is happening? already turned off and activate the plugin, and went to open the closed procon but BF3 TRUEbalance messages still missing in chat.

Sorry for my English, if not understood to write back.

Greetings.

Si la extensión del texto es muy largo no se mostrara en pantalla, ese puede ser el fallo.

Bueno, me di cuenta que tenía la opción "6. TESTIN SETING" activada, por esa razón no me salía los mensajes.

También quería notificar que encontré un problema y no sé cómo es que sucede.

El problema es que mi server de 36 slots, cuando está lleno y el true balance está activado los patea a todos al finalizar la ronda, mostrando el mensaje (El juego se ha desconectado, se ha agotado su tiempo). El server no tiene activado el kik por inactividad y también hable con mi proveedor y me lo cambio varias veces, es más ahora solamente tiene cargadas las variables de fábrica y en el procon solamente los plugin básicos y cuando activo el TRUEBALANCE BF3 y el server se llena, al terminar la ronda los expulsa a todos o casi a todos, dejo una foto para que vean la configuración como la tengo y los plugins que uso, las opciones que están minimizadas es porque están desactivadas y solamente uso mapas para "CONQUEST LARGUE" si necesitan que coloque algún archivo de "logs" solamente díganme cual y se los paso.

******************Tradución*********************

Well, I realized I had the "6. TESTIN seting" activated, which is why I left messages.

I also wanted to report that I found a problem and do not know how it happens.

The problem is that my server of 36 slots, when full and true balance is on all the kicks to end the round, displaying the message (The game is disconnected, your time has expired). The server is not enabled by inactivity and kik talk to my provider and I would change several times, is now only has factory loaded variables and the basic plugin procon only as active and TRUEbalance BF3 Server full, to finish the round expels all or nearly all, leave a photo to see the settings as I have and the plugins I use, the options that are minimized is because they are disabled and only use maps for "CONQUEST Largue" if you need to place a file "logs" just tell me which and the step.

configserverprocon.jpg

Symptom:

Enabled Debug Mode for Balancing Guard (enabled)

!tb-fmove

!tb-move

Neither of the commands worked or provided any reply at all. Procon has been running without incident for ~14 hours.

Turns out that I did break this in the 0.4.0.4 patch. It is now fixed in the 0.4.0.5 patch. Sorry for the annoyance.

Archived