MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

most of the unstacking settings are the default ones. i think the amount of unstack and group size are un-touched.

could the default settings be a bit 2 much ? (talking about conquest large).

It depends on your number of tickets. The larger the max tickets, the larger you should set the unstack percentages. However, I wouldn't go above 200%. If one team has 800 tickets and the other has 400, no amount of swapping is going to make for a happy server. It might narrow the gap, but lots of players will rage. 120-150 is good.

You should also increase the definition of Early and Late phase (see previous post) and make sure the percentages for Late phase are 0,0,0.

As a rough estimate, you should shoot for 1 unstacking swap (so that's two player moves) for every 100 tickets of max tickets. 600 tickets should be set to 6 swaps max. 1000 to 10 swaps max, etc.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx*:

Here's what I have for my Aftermath server where MB is working perfect (blitz helped set this up for me).

1200 tickets.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Code:

Command: gen cl
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Max Players: 64
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Check Team Stacking After First Minutes: 10
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Max Unstacking Swaps Per Round: 12
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Number Of Swaps Per Group: 1
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Delay Seconds Between Swap Groups: 120
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Determine Strong Players By: RoundSPM
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong: 40
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Disperse Evenly For Rank >=: 0
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Enable Disperse Evenly List: True
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of High Population For Players >=: 48
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of Low Population For Players <=: 16
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of Early Phase As Tickets From Start: 400
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of Late Phase As Tickets From End: 300
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Enable Scrambler: True

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

I can give you access to my Layer if needed, I run 600-800 tickets for Conquest Large deppending on the map (And Assault for Karkand, Sharqi, Wake Island and Talah Market).

Also, a friend who complained about several moves per round is indeed Colonel 100, why would he be moved more than once coz of his rank?

I can give you access to my Layer if needed, I run 600-800 tickets for Conquest Large deppending on the map (And Assault for Karkand, Sharqi, Wake Island and Talah Market).

Also, a friend who complained about several moves per round is indeed Colonel 100, why would he be moved more than once coz of his rank?

Because you have Disperse Evenly For Rank >= set tp 145. Change that to 0 and that won't happen anymore. You also won't have dispersal of Colonel 100, but it sounds like you don't want that anyway.

That said ... I think there is a defect in move counting also, similar to the clan tag bug -- it is respected for balancing, but not unstacking. I'll fix that in the patch as well.

Because you have Disperse Evenly For Rank >= set tp 145. Change that to 0 and that won't happen anymore. You also won't have dispersal of Colonel 100, but it sounds like you don't want that anyway.

That said ... I think there is a defect in move counting also, similar to the clan tag bug -- it is respected for balancing, but not unstacking. I'll fix that in the patch as well.

Thanks, I'd love having the disperse evenly for lvl 145 guys, as long as that means 145 colonels DO NOT keep getting switched, maybe if it had a limit of 1 move/unstack per round that would be nice for next version. :smile:

p.s. it would be great if some of the testers for MB posted feed back in here and possibly share some of the settings that work for them. Cause in talking to a couple of other admins who haven't posted is "no, they decided not to use it because of the QQ on their servers when they did.

I think its a great plugin that just needs some tweaking and looks a bit overwhelming at first.

I also think some of the crying/whining on the servers will subside once players get used to it. *my personal experience in using this plugin across 11 servers.

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

p.s. it would be great if some of the testers for MB posted feed back in here and possibly share some of the settings that work for them. Cause in talking to a couple of other admins who haven't posted is "no, they decided not to use it because of the QQ on their servers when they did.

I think its a great plugin that just needs some tweaking and looks a bit overwhelming at first.

I also think some of the crying/whining on the servers will subside once players get used to it. *my personal experience in using this plugin across 11 servers.

It would also help if admins read the documentation. Yes, this plugin has a learning curve (I don't completely understand it myself at this time).

But without reading the documentation you don't understand what it does and why there is QQ from the players :ohmy:

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

Sure. Do you think that would be better than RoundKDR?

For 2000 ticket metro maybe, found out that most players with high kdr are basically campers.

High kpm might be more aggressive style, which what you need to turn the table around in metro.

It would also help if admins read the documentation. Yes, this plugin has a learning curve (I don't completely understand it myself at this time).

Yeah, it's looking like the Presets and defaults work fine for most game modes, particularly 32 player or less, but not for Conquest Large at 64 players for more than 400 tickets. Maybe I should add a Preset Wizard for Conquest Large 64. You enter your max tickets and whether you want to minimize complaining/rage quiting (true/false) and it adjusts the Conquest Large per-mode settings for you. I guess I could make that be an any-mode wizard: enter your mode, your max tickets, and whether you want complaining/rage quitting minimized.

I think I'll change the default for Disperse by Rank to be 0, also. That's another big source of QQ.

Originally Posted by Jaythegreat1*:

Yeah, it's looking like the Presets and defaults work fine for most game modes, particularly 32 player or less, but not for Conquest Large at 64 players for more than 400 tickets. Maybe I should add a Preset Wizard for Conquest Large 64. You enter your max tickets and whether you want to minimize complaining/rage quiting (true/false) and it adjusts the Conquest Large per-mode settings for you. I guess I could make that be an any-mode wizard: enter your mode, your max tickets, and whether you want complaining/rage quitting minimized.

I think I'll change the default for Disperse by Rank to be 0, also. That's another big source of QQ.

Indeed....

I also changed

Max Unstacks Per round to 4

Max Number of Swaps per group to 2

Forbid Switching to Biggest Team to False while leaving WInning Team to True

and notices a lot less QQing in chat and EOTR results. Will keep monitoring today and see if the trend continues.

Here's what I have for my Aftermath server where MB is working perfect (blitz helped set this up for me).

What's the max players and max tickets for this set-up? I'll post this in the collected settings thread*.

Indeed....

I also changed

Max Unstacks Per round to 4

Max Number of Swaps per group to 2

and notices a lot less QQing in chat and EOTR results. Will keep monitoring today and see if the trend continues.

That's the right idea. What's your delay?

What's the max players and max tickets for this set-up? I'll post this in the collected settings thread*.

Very interesting, I'm wondering what the best settings would be for Conquest Large 600-800 tickets.

For 2000 ticket metro maybe, found out that most players with high kdr are basically campers.

High kpm might be more aggressive style, which what you need to turn the table around in metro.

In that case, isn't RoundSPM the same thing? It's just KPM multiplied by 100. :smile: Unless you think medics rezzing people or recon detecting people skews the SPM too much. I got most of my recon detection medals playing Metro ...

Quick question PapaCharlie9, if silent mode is set to True, supposedly the unstack messages should be private and only shown to the players being moved/unstacked, but I think everyone can see the unstacked messages, or maybe I can see them because I'm the admin? (I cannot see the ones when someone tries to switch to winning team, but I can see the unstacked messages).

Originally Posted by Blitz*:

In that case, isn't RoundSPM the same thing? It's just KPM multiplied by 100. :smile: Unless you think medics rezzing people or recon detecting people skews the SPM too much. I got most of my recon detection medals playing Metro ...

To be honest I think RoundSPM is a better measure. Rezzing and capping is just as important as killing. AT least this is what we find with our server.

64, Aftermath 1200 tickets.

edit- oops sorry just saw it was already posted.

Anyone else got settings that work for them that they want to share? particularly for CTF- 64?

If anyone wants help with the plugin I am willing to help. Every server is different and requires that you be patient, read the documentation a couple times, soak it in, change settings and monitor the reactions of players and see the progress of the tickets, balancing and unstacking. This plugin will require a lot of tweaking to get it set up so that it works well for your server. In the end I believe it is well worth the time invested.

I am volunteering to help admin's who need help to set it up. I will guide you through the settings. Again, this requires a lot of time to tweak to your liking so what you truly want in the end will probably still need some monitoring and tweaking on your end. Once it's set up correctly, everyone is happy and you should see more excitement on your server. This is currently NOT a turn-key solution to solving balancing and unstacking on all servers. I think if Papa were to incorporate his idea of a wizard it would make setting up this plugin MUCH more turn-key for everyone.

PM me, include temporary account info for your layer (or I can set it up via a teamviewer session) and send voice info. We will go through the plugin and I will help set it up based on your flavor.

Originally Posted by Jaythegreat1*:

So far so good on the changes I made... although I did forget I was runing 0, 120, 150 instead of 0, 120, 120. Only noticed 1 fairly lopsided game (200+ Ticket Differential), but I was averaging around 125 ticket differential. I have changed mine back to 0, 120, 120... we'll see if it makes the games a bit closer with out QQ.

Originally Posted by Imisnew2*:

I don't know if it's been posted before, but I would delay swapping anyone until 5-10 minutes into the round. Additionally, I wouldn't swap anyone if there is less than 50 tickets on either team.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I don't know if it's been posted before, but I would delay swapping anyone until 5-10 minutes into the round. Additionally, I wouldn't swap anyone if there is less than 50 tickets on either team.

Agreed. :smile: Those are both configurable settings. The default is 10 minutes. The "50 tickets" is mode dependent, but generally covers the last 25% to 33% of tickets.

Quick question PapaCharlie9, if silent mode is set to True, supposedly the unstack messages should be private and only shown to the players being moved/unstacked, but I think everyone can see the unstacked messages, or maybe I can see them because I'm the admin? (I cannot see the ones when someone tries to switch to winning team, but I can see the unstacked messages).

EDIT: nevermind, definitely a bug

Viva K! You are my number #1 bug finder! Where were you during the testing phase? :smile:

Version 1.0 patch 1 was the shortest lived patch ever! I wish I had read the forum first, I could have included the Quiet Mode fix in patch 1. Oh well, at least all known bugs are fixed now.

Patch 2 - 1.0.2.0

* Fixed Quiet Mode bug

Patch 1 - 1.0.1.0

* Fixed Same Clan Tags In Squad unstacking bug

* Fixed problem with some non-Colonel 100 players being moved multiple times (unstacking)

* Changed default for Disperse By Rank to 0

* Added RoundKPM

* Added Enable Unstacking preset

BIG GIGANTIC NOTICE TO ALL USERS OF 1.0.0.0

By default, the new Enable Unstacking setting is set to False. That means that if you were happily using unstacking before, after you upgrade, unstacking will be disabled.

*** You must set Enable Unstacking to True to enable unstacking again. ***

None of your settings will be changed either way, this is just a big throw-switch to turn the whole feature on or off.

The motivation for this change was the observation that some admins are trying out the plugin and abandoning it due to complaints from players, no doubt in large part due to unstacking not being fine-tuned. So let's start everyone out with unstacking off and then admins who take the time to study the settings and learn how to fly his Space Shuttle cockpit complexity plugin can opt-in to using unstacking. I should have done this the first time around. You don't get a second chance at a first impression!

Screenshot of MULTIbalancer settings:

Posted Image

Version 1.0 patch 1 was the shortest lived patch ever! I wish I had read the forum first, I could have included the Quiet Mode fix in patch 1. Oh well, at least all known bugs are fixed now.

Patch 2 - 1.0.2.0

* Fixed Quiet Mode bug

Patch 1 - 1.0.1.0

* Fixed Same Clan Tags In Squad unstacking bug

* Fixed problem with some non-Colonel 100 players being moved multiple times (unstacking)

* Changed default for Disperse By Rank to 0

* Added RoundKPM

* Added Enable Unstacking preset

BIG GIGANTIC NOTICE TO ALL USERS OF 1.0.0.0

By default, the new Enable Unstacking setting is set to False. That means that if you were happily using unstacking before, after you upgrade, unstacking will be disabled.

*** You must set Enable Unstacking to True to enable unstacking again. ***

None of your settings will be changed either way, this is just a big throw-switch to turn the whole feature on or off.

The motivation for this change was the observation that some admins are trying out the plugin and abandoning it due to complaints from players, no doubt in large part due to unstacking not being fine-tuned. So let's start everyone out with unstacking off and then admins who take the time to study the settings and learn how to fly his Space Shuttle cockpit complexity plugin can opt-in to using unstacking. I should have done this the first time around. You don't get a second chance at a first impression!

Screenshot of MULTIbalancer settings:

Posted Image

Papa, you are missing a few more settings. Then I'd say this photo would be applicable. :P

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

i think the only thing that makes it look complicated is that all modes are shown.

for example if i run only conquest large, there is really no need to have other modes shown.

so would it be possible in future version that all mode settings are collapsed by default and people will just manually enlarge the modes they need ?