ColColonCleaner

AdKats Developer

• Plugin Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Donator

AdKats.jpg

ADKATS 7.6.0.0 RELEASED!

Admin Toolset with a plethora of features, over 100 available in-game commands, and many customization options. AdKats focuses on making in-game admins more efficient and accurate at their jobs, with flexibility for almost any setup. Includes a cross-server ban enforcer with advanced enforcement features, global admin management, cross-server player messaging, and the BFAdminCP 2.0+ for web-based control has been released. Designed for groups with high-traffic servers and many admins, but will function just as well for small servers.

REQUIREMENTS: 
This plugin requires a MySQL database, and XpKiller's Stat logger plugin to operate. If you do not have an existing database and/or a Procon layer we suggest using Branzone's hosting services. Our group has been with them for years across BF3, BF4, and Hardline; the most performant and reliable host we've found.
Web/Database Hosting: Branzone Web Hosting (Used for MySQL Databases)
Procon Layer Hosting: Branzone Procon Layers

FEATURES

• Extensive In-Game Commands. Commands for player killing, kicking, punishing, banning, unbanning, moving, joining, whitelisting, messaging, etc, etc... ~100 available in-game commands. Commands can be accessed from in-game, Procon's chat window, database, and from other plugins.
  • Customizable User Roles. Custom user roles can be created for admins and players, with each role given access to only the commands you want them to use. Default guest role is given to all players and can be edited to your desired specs. Roles and powers are automatically synced between servers so you only need to change user information once. Soldiers assigned to users will also keep their powers even if they change their in-game names.
  • Setting sync between servers. All changes to plugin settings are stored in the database and can be automatically synced between your Procon layers. Setting up new layers or switching layers is a breeze as the settings for existing servers are automatically imported on startup.
  • Infraction Tracking System. Punish/forgive players for breaking rules on your servers. Everything is tracked so the more infractions they commit, the worse their punishment automatically gets. Created so all players can be treated equally based on their history, regardless of who is issuing punishments against them. Heavily customizable.
  • Player Reputation System. Based on issued commands from and against players they can form a numeric reputation on the server. Documentation below. A local leaderboard for reputation is provided in the BFAdminCP.
  • Quick Player Report and Admin Call Handling, with Email Support.Notification system and quick handling features for all admin calls and player reports. Reports can be referenced by number for instant action. Automatic PBSS are triggered on reported players.
  • Orchestration and Server List Management. Server reserved slots, spectator slots, autobalance whitelising through MULTIBalancer, ping kick whitelists, and several others can be automatically handled through the AdKats user list, role groups, and orchestration commands.
  • AdKats Ban Enforcer. AdKats can enforce bans across all of your servers and can enforce on all identity metrics at the same time. System will automatically import bans from your servers, consolidating them in one place, and can import existing bans from the BF3 Ban Manager plugin's tables. Full documentation below.
  • Automated Challenge System with Rewards. The challenge system in AdKats is designed to be a multi-server stats-driven way to give players new goals with rewards. You can set up almost any combination of damage types or weapons to be used by players, in multiple tiers.
  • BF3/BF4 "Hacker-Checker" with Whitelist. Battlelog stats can be polled for players in the server, issuing automatic bans for damage mods, aimbots, magic bullet, and several others. The LIVE system can detect damage mods and magic bullet from a single round of play. DPS checks are enabled by default, with others available after a few clicks.
  • Surrender Vote System. When enabled, if players are stuck in their base with no options, they can vote to end the round with the current winning team as winner.
  • Auto-Surrender/Auto-Nuke System. This uses ticket loss rates to detect where teams are on the map, specifically with how many flags are captured. If a team is being base-camped, it can either automatically end the round with current winner, or nuke the team who is causing the base-camp. Optimal values for Metro 2014 and Operation Locker are available, for both surrender and nuke options.
  • Automatic Updates. AdKats automatically updates itself when stable releases are made, only requiring a Procon instance reboot to run updated versions. This can be disabled if desired, but is required if running TEST versions.
  • Ping Enforcer. Automated kick system based on ping, with moving average calculation, modifiers based on time of day and server population, customizable messages, logged kicks, and manual ping options.
  • AFK Manager. Automated kick system based on player AFK time, with manual kick command. Customizable durations, and option to ignore chat messages counting toward active time.
  • Internal SpamBot with Whitelist. SpamBot with options for simultaneous say, yell, and tell. Customizable intervals between each type of message, and ability to whitelist players/admins from seeing spambot messages.
  • Commander Manager. Commanders can cause team imbalance when servers are in low population. This manager can forbid commanders before a certain player count is active.
  • Cross-Server Player Messaging. Private conversations between players can operate not only within the same server, but will work between any online server in the database, and even between any AdKats supported game.
  • Admin Assistants. When fully used this can turn your regular playerbase into a human autoadmin. Trusted players fill the gaps normal autoadmins don't see by utilizing the report system and keeping your server under control even when normal admins are offline.
  • Email Notification System. Email addresses can be added to every user, and once enabled they will receive emails for player reports and admin calls.
  • Fuzzy Player Name Completion. Fully completes partial or misspelled player names. I've been consistently able to find almost any player only a few characters from their name. Can also fetch players who have left the server, are in another server of yours on the same database, or have been in your servers at any point in time.
  • Player Muting. Players can be muted if necessary, giving warnings and kicks if they talk. Automatic mute in specific cases like lanuage can be orchestrated by other plugins like Insane limits.
  • Player Joining. Player's squads can be joined via command, and locked squads can be unlocked for admin entry.
  • Player Locking. Players can be locked from admin commands for a specific timeout, the main purpose is if a certain admin is handling them (checking stats for cheat detection, records, etc.) they shouldn't be interrupted by another admin acting on the player.
  • Player Assist. Player's want to play with their friends, but you don't want to imbalance the teams_ The assist command lets any player join the weak team to help them out and squad up with friends without hurting server balance.
  • Yell/Say Pre-Recording. Use numbers to reference predefined messages. Avoid typing long reasons or messages. e.g. /kill player 3
  • Server Rule Management. Server rules can be listed, requests for rules logged, rules targeted at other players, and rules can be distributed between servers automatically.
  • External Controller API. AdKats can be controlled from outside the game through systems like the BFAdminCP and through other plugins like Insane Limits. For example, you can issue AdKats punish commands from Insane Limits or ProconRulz and have them logged against the player's profile like any other admin command.
  • Internal Implementation of TeamSwap. Queued move system for servers that are consistently full, players can be queued to move to full teams once a slot opens.
  • Metabans Support. When using ban enforcer all bans can be submitted to metabans and removed if the player is unbanned.
  • Editable In-Game Commands. Command text, logging options, chat access types, and enable options can be edited to suit your needs.
  • Full Logging. All admin activity is tracked via the database per your custom settings for every command, so holding your admins accountable for their actions is quick and painless. If you are using the BFAdminCP nobody but your highest admins will need manual Procon access.
  • Setting Lock. The settings page in AdKats can be locked with a password. This means even admins with access to plugin settings can be blocked from changes using the password.
  • Performance. All actions, messaging, database communications, and command parsing take place on their own threads, minimizing performance impacts.

AdKats_Docs_UserManual.jpg

AdKats_Docs_Dependencies.jpg

AdKats_Docs_Install.jpg

AdKats_Docs_FAQ.jpg

AdKats_Docs_Features.jpg

AdKats_Docs_Commands.jpg

AdKats_Docs_Web.jpg

AdKats_Docs_Settings.jpg

New Extension! Click below to enforce loadouts on-spawn!

AdKats_Docs_Loadout.jpg

AdKats_Docs_Donate.jpg

AdKats Release Notes:

https://github.com/A...7600-8-jul-2019

I hope you enjoy the plugin. While using this plugin, two players, ColColonCleaner, and PhirePhrey will be added to your server's reserved slot list.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server reputation is a numeric for how helpful you are to the server. The more you help admins by reporting rule breakers, jumping on explosives in the no-ex servers, playing from spectator, assisting the weak team, etc, the more your reputation increases. Committing infractions, breaking server rules, getting banned, etc, reduce your server reputation.

Reputation is capped between -1000 and 1000, so it's easy to get/lose rep early on, but harder near the top/bottom. Each command you issue, and every command issued against you, has a reputation amount; Some good, some bad. Every time your reputation changes, you are notified of the change in chat. Here are the different ways you can earn reputation on the no explosives servers:
  • Jumping on grenades/explosives. You are helping get problem players out of the server, so if you die by an explosive, you get reputation.
  • Issuing good reports on players. Just reporting someone gives rep, but when an admin accepts the report and acts on it it's triple the rep bonus.
  • Reporting from spectator. Reporting from spectator is worth much more than reporting in-game. You are sacrificing your game time to help the server and should be rewarded. 
  • Using @assist. Sometimes teams really need help, and sometimes your friends are stuck on the weak team. Helping them and the server out by using this command to switch increases rep greatly.
  • Populating servers. Population mode starts when the server drops below 15 players. Any player who joins while the server is less than 15 players is placed on a populator list, and will be given 10 reputation if they stay in the server until it reaches at least 45 players. They are notified/thanked when the reputation increase happens because of this action. [NEW!!]
If you have infractions on your record, the negative rep they cause reduces over time, so you get some rep back for infractions on your record simply by not committing them. It does not reduce completely however, you will need to report some rule breakers to get it positive again.

High reputation has its benefits. 
  • > 15
    • Any punishment is reduced to a verbal warning. You still get an infraction point, and your rep is lowered afterward, but you will not be killed, kicked, or banned. This is to handle the case of shooting nade cookers, or accidental usage of banned weapons such as grenades. You should inform an admin of what happened immediately so the issue can be resolved, and your record returned to normal.
  • > 75
    • You receive report auto-contest. By now you are a trusted player, so any report against you should be investigated instead of simply acted on. This removes the possibility of you being falsely reported. Admins still see the report and can look into it, but can't directly act on it without investigation first.
    • You receive a whitelist from the server SpamBot. Once you've reached this level of helpfulness you've seen these messages hundreds if not thousands of times, so seeing them more is just clogging your chat window. Enjoy! [NEW!!]

If you have any questions, please comment here.

lakaelo

lakaelo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

first, thanks for doing this and hopefully you will get a lot of support.

not sure if its based on adkats, think its more a statslogger thing maybe someone can give me a little bit more info about the "problem"

i am searching for a long time now how i  can get this temp bans or warnings out of our db?

https://noobsrus.co....=52365&p=player

always a bit confused when i saw a regular player showed up as banned in the leaderboard and than need to click it to see its a temp ban form language enforcer. so why this bannes will no get overwritten after some time or need i change any settings?

Prophet731

Prophet731

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 208 posts
  • Discord Username:Prophet#7405

Donator

first, thanks for doing this and hopefully you will get a lot of support.

not sure if its based on adkats, think its more a statslogger thing maybe someone can give me a little bit more info about the "problem"

i am searching for a long time now how i  can get this temp bans or warnings out of our db?

https://noobsrus.co....=52365&p=player

always a bit confused when i saw a regular player showed up as banned in the leaderboard and than need to click it to see its a temp ban form language enforcer. so why this bannes will no get overwritten after some time or need i change any settings?

The stats page by ty_ger07 isn't done by me or colon. His application is reading the adkats_bans table and found an entry for that player being banned and displaying it. I'm not sure if he has a setting you can switch to disable that or not.

Normally we would link the correct thread but that hasn't been created it so.. and ty_get07 isn't on these forums yet. I've notified him though github so he can hopefully sign up here if he wants to bring his support here.

Stats logger web page for ty_ger07

https://myrcon.net/i...-logger-plugin/

Edited by Prophet731, 07 July 2019 - 01:56 PM.
Added link to tyger007 thread

The developer of the Battlefield Admin Control Panel (BFACP)

Do not contact me via PM on the forums for help with procon. Please make a topic for it. Only PM's I will accept will revolve around any website issues. 

For BFACP support please post in the BFACP topic linked above.

ColColonCleaner

ColColonCleaner

AdKats Developer

• Plugin Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Donator

Just pushed what was on the test branch for AdKats to the main branch and dubbed it 7.6.0.0. That test branch hadn't changed in a long time and many people were running it so I don't expect any issues here. SourceForge has been updated with this version as well. Cheers.

https://sourceforge....rojects/adkats/

TonyOffermans

TonyOffermans

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Discord Username:TonyOffermans

Donator

Posting off topic here, sorry. I just had a problem with my provider, they have reset my server and I have trouble to get it running again. The GUID has changed and I had some work getting the plugins running, but somehow the stats are reset as well. The plugins are connecting to the database fine, AdKats seems to work ok with all bans in place and the tables are OK. But the logger plugin just seems to have 'forgotten' the stats as it may appear as a new server to it...

Any suggestion how to restore my old stats into my 'new' server? I cannot find any reference of the server GUID in the tables so I am a bit lost here... Thanks for advice from anyone

ColColonCleaner

ColColonCleaner

AdKats Developer

• Plugin Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Donator

Posting off topic here, sorry. I just had a problem with my provider, they have reset my server and I have trouble to get it running again. The GUID has changed and I had some work getting the plugins running, but somehow the stats are reset as well. The plugins are connecting to the database fine, AdKats seems to work ok with all bans in place and the tables are OK. But the logger plugin just seems to have 'forgotten' the stats as it may appear as a new server to it...

Any suggestion how to restore my old stats into my 'new' server? I cannot find any reference of the server GUID in the tables so I am a bit lost here... Thanks for advice from anyone

Shut down your layers.
Open your database and go to the tbl_server table.
Note your "new" and "old" servers both there.
Save the IP/port of your "new" server somewhere.
Delete the "new" server record.
Replace the IP on your "old" server with the new IP/port.

Start your layers.

Kracklin_Bacon

Kracklin_Bacon

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Discord Username:Kracklin_Bacon

Donator

My !switchme is not working for admins/VIPs.

!assist puts us in a que verses instant move?

ColColonCleaner

ColColonCleaner

AdKats Developer

• Plugin Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Donator

My !switchme is not working for admins/VIPs.

!assist puts us in a que verses instant move?

Did you rename the !moveme command to !switchme? Or are you using a different plugin for this?

Yes !assist will put you in a queue, just like !fmove and !move will. You cannot move someone to a full team so it waits until a slot is open.

Kracklin_Bacon

Kracklin_Bacon

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Donator

Nope, I didn't rename anything. I was told to use !switchme ... I'll try !moveme (which I read is for admins only) That's good.

The !assist on other servers lets you move instantly to the losing team, even though they have more/less players.

Last night it was 7 vs 5 ... tried to use !assist to help the team with lesser players and it put me in a queue saying when a spot opens. They had 2 spots available? 

Kracklin_Bacon

Kracklin_Bacon

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Donator

Also, this teamswap setting ... high is set to 500000 and low is set to 0?

I think these plugins are aimed for servers running 64 players. We're running 32. I am so lost with these settings. I have Discord if someone can help me out?

ColColonCleaner

ColColonCleaner

AdKats Developer

• Plugin Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Donator

Nope, I didn't rename anything. I was told to use !switchme ... I'll try !moveme (which I read is for admins only) That's good.

The !assist on other servers lets you move instantly to the losing team, even though they have more/less players.

Last night it was 7 vs 5 ... tried to use !assist to help the team with lesser players and it put me in a queue saying when a spot opens. They had 2 spots available? 

Also, this teamswap setting ... high is set to 500000 and low is set to 0?

I think these plugins are aimed for servers running 64 players. We're running 32. I am so lost with these settings. I have Discord if someone can help me out?

In AdKats you can make any command available to any group of people. Some people might just have it set so moveme is only an admin usable command.
You can ignore the teamswap window stuff, the default settings there disables any restrictions.

AdKats works with any number of slots, as do most plugins.

Please look over the AdKats setup documentation which explains the settings and how to set up users with their permissions.

How do you want VIP stuff to work? Because how you want that to work will dictate how the settings should be set up.

Kracklin_Bacon

Kracklin_Bacon

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Donator

Auto balance Whitelist
Reserved Slot
High Ping Whitelist - Up to 250 ping
VIP Kick Whitelist - No more being kicked when an admin or VIP joins

ColColonCleaner

ColColonCleaner

AdKats Developer

• Plugin Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Donator

Auto balance Whitelist
Reserved Slot
High Ping Whitelist - Up to 250 ping
VIP Kick Whitelist - No more being kicked when an admin or VIP joins

There isn't a way to do a partial ping whitelist, where they are whitelisted unless they go above an even higher value. It's either whitelisted or not whitelisted.

The others are doable, but i was more asking how you want to manage it. If you're alright managing it via a VIP role in AdKats, that's perfect. You can set durations there and they will automatically expire over time if that's what you want. Just make a role called VIP and add your VIPs to it, turn on feeding reserved slots/whitelists in the orchestration setting section and you'll be good.

Autobalance whitelist for VIPs doesn't mean giving them the moveme command, there is an option in the role group settings (setting section 4-2) to give a role autobalance whitelist. Then you just need to turn on feeding whitelist to multibalancer in the orchestration setting section (assuming you're using multibalancer).

Kracklin_Bacon

Kracklin_Bacon

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Donator

Thanks! They basically donate through our website and I manually add them to the list. I’ll take a look this evening. Thank you for the help!

Kracklin_Bacon

Kracklin_Bacon

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Donator

Thanks! They basically donate through our website and I manually add them to the list. I’ll take a look this evening. Thank you for the help!
  • Kracklin_Bacon likes this

Kracklin_Bacon

Kracklin_Bacon

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Donator

Somehow settings are locked and it’s asking me for a AdKats password??

sixpax12

sixpax12

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Donator

Someone set a password in section 0 ... 

ColColonCleaner

ColColonCleaner

AdKats Developer

• Plugin Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Donator

As sixpax said, someone set the password.
If you don't know the password, shut down your layers, go to the adkats.cfg file on your layer and remove the password line (or change it to what you want it to be), then start up your layers again.

• Kracklin_Bacon likes this

TonyOffermans

TonyOffermans

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Donator

CCC first of all: I cannot thank you enough for the amazing work you have done for our community. AdKats adds a whole dimension to the adminstration of my BF4 and your incessant support for it is invaluable. Please run for office.

Of course, I have an issue again now. As I might want to migrate my database to another provider, I could use some advice here (I am an SQL newbie). I read in the old forum there were some issues with the design but was unable to locate a conclusion on the issues. If I shutdown the layer, use MySQL workbench to export the database into a self contained file, including create schema and restore it to my local SQL server, the content seems OK? Would this method be sufficient to migrate everything to another server? Your considerations are highly appreciated.

ColColonCleaner

ColColonCleaner

AdKats Developer

• Plugin Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Donator

CCC first of all: I cannot thank you enough for the amazing work you have done for our community. AdKats adds a whole dimension to the adminstration of my BF4 and your incessant support for it is invaluable. Please run for office.

Of course, I have an issue again now. As I might want to migrate my database to another provider, I could use some advice here (I am an SQL newbie). I read in the old forum there were some issues with the design but was unable to locate a conclusion on the issues. If I shutdown the layer, use MySQL workbench to export the database into a self contained file, including create schema and restore it to my local SQL server, the content seems OK? Would this method be sufficient to migrate everything to another server? Your considerations are highly appreciated.

The only issues you should run into are around infraction points. If the backup is basically a bunch of insert statements you're going to have double the infraction/forgive points on people because of how i calculate that table. There are triggers on the main records table that automatically updates the infraction points table when punishments/forgives are added/removed.
So basically do the backup/restore and check the values in that infractions table between databases. If they look the same then you're golden.

Kracklin_Bacon

Kracklin_Bacon

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Donator

As sixpax said, someone set the password.
If you don't know the password, shut down your layers, go to the adkats.cfg file on your layer and remove the password line (or change it to what you want it to be), then start up your layers again.

I found the password in the config file. Thanks, Col! Awesome plugin as always. Everything is running smoothly alogn with the balancer. All night server was balanced and did great! Thanks!

Prophet731

Prophet731

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 208 posts

Donator

The only issues you should run into are around infraction points. If the backup is basically a bunch of insert statements you're going to have double the infraction/forgive points on people because of how i calculate that table. There are triggers on the main records table that automatically updates the infraction points table when punishments/forgives are added/removed.
So basically do the backup/restore and check the values in that infractions table between databases. If they look the same then you're golden.

If I remember correctly, if you dump the database with export triggers and such, it will add those at the end of the script so it wouldn't run. I'm not 100% sure though. I know i've done it quite a few times and the infraction points always seem to be correct.

• ColColonCleaner likes this

Do not contact me via PM on the forums for help with procon. Please make a topic for it. Only PM's I will accept will revolve around any website issues. 

ColColonCleaner

ColColonCleaner

AdKats Developer

• Plugin Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Donator

If I remember correctly, if you dump the database with export triggers and such, it will add those at the end of the script so it wouldn't run. I'm not 100% sure though. I know i've done it quite a few times and the infraction points always seem to be correct.

Maybe the export process has been improved over the years. Several people, ADK included ran into issues with that.

Prophet731

Prophet731

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 208 posts

Donator

Maybe the export process has been improved over the years. Several people, ADK included ran into issues with that.

I would have to look around for my SQL dump I had from ADK. It's somewhere on my hard drives lol

TonyOffermans

TonyOffermans

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Donator

I don't have any debug info, but I am trying to find out why a player can't join. I see him being kicked: AdKats > Say > Enforcing permanent ban on PLAYERNAME for ban reason. The ban reason I recognize as my own (not very flattering). Yet when I display this playername or any substring in section A13-3 ban search nothing comes up (no players matching substring have active bans). /unban playername is of no effect, and there's no ban for him left in Procon either (I let AdKats feed almost everything). How can I find out where this ban is listed and how to get rid of it? This player should never have been banned in the first place. Thanks for your help!

ColColonCleaner

ColColonCleaner

AdKats Developer

• Plugin Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Donator

I don't have any debug info, but I am trying to find out why a player can't join. I see him being kicked: AdKats > Say > Enforcing permanent ban on PLAYERNAME for ban reason. The ban reason I recognize as my own (not very flattering). Yet when I display this playername or any substring in section A13-3 ban search nothing comes up (no players matching substring have active bans). /unban playername is of no effect, and there's no ban for him left in Procon either (I let AdKats feed almost everything). How can I find out where this ban is listed and how to get rid of it? This player should never have been banned in the first place. Thanks for your help!

Someone with the same IP as him is banned from your server.
If you aren't running the BFAdminCP you'll need to check your database. Look for that ban message in your adkats_records_main table. You'll see target_id on that record. The player in tbl_playerdata with that ID is the banned player.
If you don't want to go through this hassle again you can turn off default enforcement by IP in the ban settings then new bans won't be enforced by IP. I don't have a master switch to turn it off for all bans in the settings but you can execute a query on the database to do that.

update adkats_bans set ban_enforceIP = 'N' where 1=1

Edited by Prophet731, 22 July 2019 - 03:46 PM.
Put SQL query in code block

TonyOffermans

TonyOffermans

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Donator

Hey CCC looks like you have some understanding of how the system works.... Found the guy by IP address. Yes, they use the same IP. Your method gives me every enforcer action and also the name of the linked account. Nice. My main man told me some providers in Russia sell cheap internet access with shared WAN IP's for multiple customers... The banned player is a sniper/assault player with suspicious HS, a smurf account that has not played for 5 years until two weeks ago. Plays a lot of different maps. My trusted (but banned) player plays Silk Road map exclusively as engineer in LAV. Looks like they are different players to me.

I ban on IP as well as on EA_GUID and Soldiername... Maybe overkill but I thought it might prevent cheaters from returning with another account on the same IP Address. So, you would advice me not to ban on IP address?

And the SQL update is different from A13-2 Enforce New Bans by IP = False HOW? It is now set to true. Isn't that your master switch? THANK you for helping out!

Prophet731

Prophet731

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 208 posts

Donator

Hey CCC looks like you have some understanding of how the system works.... Found the guy by IP address. Yes, they use the same IP. Your method gives me every enforcer action and also the name of the linked account. Nice. My main man told me some providers in Russia sell cheap internet access with shared WAN IP's for multiple customers... The banned player is a sniper/assault player with suspicious HS, a smurf account that has not played for 5 years until two weeks ago. Plays a lot of different maps. My trusted (but banned) player plays Silk Road map exclusively as engineer in LAV. Looks like they are different players to me.

I ban on IP as well as on EA_GUID and Soldiername... Maybe overkill but I thought it might prevent cheaters from returning with another account on the same IP Address. So, you would advice me not to ban on IP address?

And the SQL update is different from A13-2 Enforce New Bans by IP = False HOW? It is now set to true. Isn't that your master switch? THANK you for helping out!

He wrote it lol

ColColonCleaner

ColColonCleaner

AdKats Developer

• Plugin Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Donator

As prophet said, i wrote AdKats myself. Started in 2013.

That 'master switch' only applies to new bans. When a ban is created you decide at that point whether it should be enforced by any/all of the 3 metrics. Turning that off won't affect existing bans already in the system. This makes more sense when using the BFACP because then you can decide the enforcement for every new ban, whereas inside the plugin it just has defaults that apply to every new ban without you being able to change it from in-game. You can also edit bans on the BFACP to remove IP enforcement from an existing ban without needing to mess with the database.

TonyOffermans

TonyOffermans

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Donator

As prophet said, i wrote AdKats myself. Started in 2013.

That 'master switch' only applies to new bans. When a ban is created you decide at that point whether it should be enforced by any/all of the 3 metrics. Turning that off won't affect existing bans already in the system. This makes more sense when using the BFACP because then you can decided the enforcement for every new ban, whereas inside the plugin it just has defaults that apply to every new ban. You can also edit bans on the BFACP to remove IP enforcement from an existing ban without needing to mess with the database.

Haha CCC I am well aware that you are the author of this masterpiece, sir. I was ironic. It is clear now what the difference is and what happened exactly. Unfortunately, I cannot get BFACP to work as my provider will not allow external access to the DB or RCON and does not provide web hosting either. I will treat this as an incident and want to keep my IP bans enforced so I unbanned the cheater, turned off Ban by IP and banned him again. Works too?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BF3, BF4, BFH

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users