Access Restriction (v1.0.5.1 - 01.01.2011)

ImportBot

Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT)*:

Installation

Copy AccessRestriction.cs source file to your Plugins/BFBC2 directory

Description

Please be aware that the use of this plugin might break the BFBC2 Rules of Conduct (found here: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... nduct.html). Please ensure you have read and understood those rules before using the plugin!

Access Restriction shall bring an automatic system, which allows a server admin to set limitations in server-access. The plugin contains four mechanisms, which each allow to restrict access to a special field.

Details

RankKicker

RankKicker kicks players, whose rank is higher than the one defined by the server admin. Thus, providing a 'noob only'-Server shall get much easier than it was before.

AccessLimitation

AccessLimitation lets the admin set a list of allowed players and/or Clantags. Any other player, who joins the server and is not in one of those lists (if both lists are activated, a player just needs to have either a valid Clantag or a valid name) , will get kicked or banned.

ClanTagModeration

ClanTagModeration can be used to prevent the abuse of a Clantag. Once a Clantag is added to the list of moderated Clantags, each Player allowed to wear the tag must be added to a seperate list. If a player joins the server, wearing a specific tag, but not being in the list of allowed clan players, he will get kicked or banned.

DisallowedClanTags

DisallowedClanTags provides the feature to keep players wearing a specific Clantag off your server. The administrator can choose whether to kick or ban those players, and thus saves a lot of time adding new players to his banlist.

Setup & Configuration

Please read the plugin's description.

Changelog

• 1.0.5->1.0.5.1

- restructured some parts of the code

- added an automatic data-clearing method

- improved the old data-clearing method to make it more effective

- added a clan tag whitelist to RankKicker[/*:m:1vbf2xvk]

• 1.0.4 Hotfix->1.0.5

- fixed a bug resetting the plugin's variables when restarting PRoCon

- added optional GUID-Banning[/*:m:1vbf2xvk]

• 1.0.4 Hotfix

- fixed a bug not allowing to enable RankKicker[/*:m:1vbf2xvk]

• 1.0.3->1.0.4

- added "RoC read and accepted" to be checked before using the plugin

- fixed two minor bugs in the RankKicker-Code

- added "DisallowedClanTags"[/*:m:1vbf2xvk]

• 1.0.2->1.0.3

- small bugfix in OnListPlayers-RankKicker-Code[/*:m:1vbf2xvk]

• 1.0.1->1.0.2

- plugin-rename from "RankKicker" to "Access Limitation"

- fixed the "Ban after X Kicks"-Feature of RankKicker

- added AccessLimitation

- added ClanTagModeration[/*:m:1vbf2xvk]

Download: http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/attach...1&d=1293900084

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Flyswamper*:

As I said in the other thread, I personally believe that using the AccessLimitation logic on ranked servers violates the spirit (if not the rules themselves) of the policies/rules for ranked battlefield servers. Kicking any player that is not in the approved/whitelist is no different than passwording the server from a practical point of view. It is no longer a publicly available server and therefore should not qualify for ranked server status.

I would suggest that the code be modified so that this feature could only be run when server is in unranked mode.

At least that is how I see it... others may view it differently...

I am aware of this, but just implemented user's wishes.

I will at least add a "I understand that restricting access violates the EA RoC"-Check in the next release, the Plugin won't run withough it being ticked. Thus, the server admin can decide for himself if he wants to use the feature or not.

Worst case I am gonna nail the AccessLimitation down to unranked Servers.

EDIT: BTW, limiting the access to gameservers doesn't violate the EA RoC... There is no paragraph about access restriction to certain players or stuff. See: EA UK Forums

Originally Posted by blactionhero*:

Restricting access to clan members or to only desirable clients is not a breach of the RoC. Saying that it is accomplishes nothing more than tarnishing this feller's new addon.

I understand the point you're making, Flyswamper. This plugin isn't technically denying connections though - it's kicking people who the admin doesn't want on the server. An admin can do this anyway without violating anything. By your logic, a ping kicker, country kicker, etc. would also be in violation.

P.S.: The RoC are ridiculous and make me angry. Just sayin'.

Originally Posted by Flyswamper*:

Restricting access to clan members or to only desirable clients is not a breach of the RoC. Saying that it is accomplishes nothing more than tarnishing this feller's new addon.

Look, I'm not trying to tarnish anything. I am simply pointing out that *I believe* using this violates the SPIRIT of the RoC. I felt that it would be useful to point that out. I'll be the first to concede that the RoC don't specificially address this sort of plugin/situation. As I said, it is my OPINION that it does violate the spirit of them though...

I understand the point you're making, Flyswamper. This plugin isn't technically denying connections though - it's kicking people who the admin doesn't want on the server. An admin can do this anyway without violating anything. By your logic, a ping kicker, country kicker, etc. would also be in violation.

No... they are quite different. This plugin deny's (by default) the ability for anyone except those on the approved list to play in the server. Although the mechanics are different, the outcome is exactly the same as if you had passworded the server and only distributed the password to the players on the approved list. This plugin, for all practical purposes, creates a passworded server situation.

This is quite different than the situation where a server is open to any/all players until they are deemed as troublemakers (for whatever reason) by admin.

P.S.: The RoC are ridiculous and make me angry. Just sayin'.

I undertand your feeling but.... they exist nonetheless. And, if someone chooses to ignore them and still have a ranked server, they run the risk of having their server de-ranked should EA ever decide to take action (fat chance of that in most cases).

Again.... I don't point this out to cause anyone here trouble. Quite the contrary, I point it out so that people give this some thought and make their choices from a somewhat more informed position.

As said before, I respect your thoughts, but still just created a "tool" for an admin. What he/she does with it, is up to him.

Next release will include a mentioned message, pointing out that a admin should read the RoC and that this plugin might break some rules, or the "idea" behind some rules.

Access Restriction v1.0.4 is released, including a "RoC read and accepted"-Check (just to make sure the admin is aware that he might be breaking some rules) and the requested "blacklist" for clantags.

Please report any issues or bugs found in this thread!

Originally Posted by SinBad-OTF*:

Wasn't able to set RankKicker to 'On' in Version 1.0.4, and yes, I set the BFBC2 RoC to 'Yes'. When I used the pull down menu to select 'Yes' at the bottom it said that setting was set to yes but the pull down menu went back to 'No'

Tested Version 1.0.3 and it works fine (although it says version 1.0.2 in the details).

Just using the rank limiter, which was a setting in BFBC2, but doesn't work as we all know.

//SinBad

Originally Posted by SinBad-OTF*:

Cool! I can change the setting to allow RankLimiting. Thanks for the plug-in!

Note: Be careful if running multiple servers from one instance of ProCon. Accidentally enabled the plug-in our our regular server when it was full.. OOPS!

//SinBad

Note: Be careful if running multiple servers from one instance of ProCon. Accidentally enabled the plug-in our our regular server when it was full.. OOPS!

//SinBad

Hehe, I did that while the first stage of testing, and had a nice bug in the stats-requesting. Result: 32 Players kicked in 1 second. At least, the plugin is fast :P

Originally Posted by Jaythegreat1*:

When I restart my procon layer, I lose all my settings and the RoC is set to no. Anyway to have this plugin keeps the settings after a restart. It would be a major PITA, to keep re-entering this stuff on 3 servers.

Version 1.0.5 released. It will also be available via Package Management System.

I hope I found the mentioned bug... Should be working now.

Please report back if the error still occurs.

Furthermore, I added the feature to ban players using their GUID, so they can't join the server with another soldier.

New version released!

Please update to this version to reduce lags caused by Access Restriction!

See the first post for a changelog.

The update will also be available via PRoCon Package Management in short time.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

MorpheusX(AUT),

thanks for this great plugin.

Got a request though:

Is it possible to use the reserved slots as a whitelist for players for the "Access Limitation" option?

In this way you don't have to edit the accounts on multiple places.

I must say I have no idea if this is possible. Have to look into it closer...

The whole plugin needs a bit of restructuring since it uses the older Plugin API, which is more ineffective.

But this will take several days or weeks. I got very little time due to university at the moment, and CheaterAlert eats up most of this currently.

I will see if I can implement that quickly. If not, I am sorry to say, but you would have to wait the about the first week of February.

Originally Posted by Phil_K*:

Hi.

I must say I have no idea if this is possible. Have to look into it closer...

Just to give you a hint, take a look at

Code:

OnReservedSlotsList(List<string> soldierNames) { }
Hmm.. that reminds me to get more familiar with plugin structures.

:smile:

Greets

Phil.

Originally Posted by Phil_K*:

Hi.

Oh. that was easy :lol:

When does this get thrown? Every now and then, or just when someone is added or the plugin is loaded?

:ohmy:

Actually only on every reservedSlots.list command and not in addition to

reservedSlots.addPlayer or .removePlayer.

To get sure to get all changes monitor for

Code:

OnReservedSlotsPlayerAdded(string soldierName) { }
OnReservedSlotsPlayerRemoved(string soldierName) { }
too.

Greets

Phil.

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

I will see if I can implement that quickly. If not, I am sorry to say, but you would have to wait the about the first week of February.

I'm not in a hurry. It was just a suggestion. I think I saw it with another plugin and thought it might be handy :smile:

Edit: yeah, found it: The weaponlimiter uses reserved slot as whitelist. :smile:

• 4 weeks later...

This plugin appears to be broken. Is there a fix or another workaround?

Could I get a bit more information? Browsing through all nearly 1700 lines of code to find a bug, which I don't even know if it exists is a bit stupid 8-)

Originally Posted by MoFo*:

I've got the plugin settings set properly I believe, it simply does not kick anyone who enters the server over the specified rank. No other detail than that. It's not working for me. ROC read and accepted set to Yes, Rank Kicker set to on, rank limit set to 30.