ProconRulz - take admin action on triggers, e.g. weapon limit

ImportBot

Originally Posted by bambam*:

There's a battlefield client bug that can cause lag when the chat window grows too large (e.g. >100) within a round. (google on battlefield "chat lag"). The issue is the number of text lines in any given player client bfbc2, it is not server based at all.

This is nothing to do with ProconRulz, but plugin-generated chat messages are most of the traffic and you should keep that to a minimum.

So on ProconRulz, use PlayerSay everywhere that is appropriate, not 'Say'.

Don't have a 'Say' action on every Spawn or Kill, that will generate way too much spam. Limit 'Say' messages to items where everyone has an interest, e.g. highlighting teamkills.

Cut back on 'Say' messages that all your plugins generate.

ProconRulz actually has a built-in anti-spam filter for displaying the rules - any player is limited to doing that twice in a round. But it's not the rules themselves that's the problem, it's the overall length of the chat window on any given client.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImportBot

** LATER EDIT ** options have been added to ProconRulz to allow the allow the 'rules message' listing to be a 'PlayerSay' (i.e. only go to the player asking for it) not spam the whole server, or the rules message can be disabled completely.

Nope, Rules is a server 'Say' message, not PlayerSay.

You can't reduce chat lag by changing a rules message from Say to PlayerSay, even though you're probably convinced that would make a difference. To get chat lag, *something* has filled up the users chatbox with say messages (trust me it won't be 'rules' text - look in your logs). I.e. way the most likely is server chat spam (kill messages, spawn messages, timer message spam). At that point any player (or plugin) generating any say text will cause chat lag. So the line of text from the player saying 'rules' triggers the lag at the same time as the 'rules' response text. Any player saying anything will equally trigger the chat lag at that point.

The solution is to look at your logs, see what is filling up all the client chatboxes with 100+ say text messages per round, and turn that off. If it's ProconRulz On Spawn or On Kill messages, change those messages to PlayerSay. That's why the PlayerSay action was created. I *know* from months of analyzing the chat logs on a real server that it is the routine timer/per kill/per spawn messages that generate all the chat traffic if you allow it. Anything player-generated on its own is not going to cause the problem (including requesting rules). Actually anything that happens not on every kill or spawn is probably going to be fine, e.g. an On TeamKill message doesn't have to be a PlayerSay because there aren't hundreds of teamkills per round. To repeat, once the player client chatbox gets large, that client will lag from *any* say text, including some other player saying 'gg' or even 'rules'.

Someone reading this is going to think "yeah well if I've got chat lag then surely it would be better if some other player's rules request didn't appear on my chat box and lag me" but at that point all players are lagging just from the player saying 'rules', any other player saying anything is causing chat lag, but most importantly everyone will lag when the next automatic Say message comes out from whatever is causing the chat boxes to get large, and *that* is the source of the issue.

Originally Posted by Flyswamper*:

Wow... Thanks very much for the explanation of chat lag. Assuming this is correct, it's nice to finally understand what the issue is with to much server chat spam and lag!

And for what it's worth, very nice coding on the plugin (I love the generic/modular approach). Sadly, though, I fear that you eliminate players like me from your server unintentionally. I guess maybe I'm a rare breed, but I've platinumed every single sniper while being up-front-and-center on the mcoms and flags and not sitting back and camping in the hills/shadows. I understand what you are trying to accomplish and have some sympathy for the intent. It is just a darn shame that you have to regulate gun selection when what you are really trying to regulate is play style and tactics.

what you are really trying to regulate is play style and tactics.

yeah - that is 100% what I really want to do. A sniper limit is an unfortunate compromise.

IMHO EA fuxed up by getting the balance of BFBC2 points wrong - in my perfect universe you'd get 0 points for a kill in Rush and all points would be objective based. Here's an interesting metric: "Objective Score / Kills" (http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/%5BOFc%5D%20bambam). Of course that points scheme wouldn't properly work because you do need attacking snipers to do their job properly (not just hide and rack up a K/D on infinitely-spawning opponents)

I actually spent time trying to design a 'condition' for ProconRulz that would help work out whether a sniping attacker is camping like a fairy or not. On each kill the server does give a range-of-the-kill plus X/Y coordinates of the player on the map with a 10-meter randomization added. It's difficult to think of a decent formula though, any suggestions welcome.

E.g. some variant along these lines: On Kill;Range 50;Damage SniperRifle;Team Attack;Not Moved 20;

Or, maybe we need to look at the distance of the attacking player from their own spawn, but I haven't worked out how you'd know the location of the current base. Procon battlemap seems to do something along those lines though.

These rules always have the possibility of pissing off a player unnecessarily though, so simplicity is a good thing.

A clanmate had the idea that all attacking snipers should die if an armed mcom is defused which sounded attractive in a kamikaze kind of a way, but you can't get that info from the BF server.

Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT)*:

I dunno how other "front-snipers" play, but I like to stick a reddot sight on my sniperrifle and fight with that one.

How about attaching some extra condition to the Sniperlimit, sth like "Not Reddot" and "Not ACOG"? This would at least keep out some of the "front-snipers" from the limit.

A clanmate had the idea that all attacking snipers should die if an armed mcom is defused which sounded attractive in a kamikaze kind of a way, but you can't get that info from the BF server.

Lol, that would be fucking awesome :biggrin:

Originally Posted by Flyswamper*:

Here's an interesting metric: "Objective Score / Kills"

yeah..I usually look at my objective/score per minute (it is about 21), but I suppose I'm happy with my ~26 obj points/kill also. I.e. I'm very much an active recon (when I play recon). http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/Flyswamper

I like where MorpheusX is going with the "how it's equipped" as a better indicator. When I run-n-gun with a sniper rifle I tend to equip with the 4x and occasionally with the red dot, but definitely not the 12x scope.

Personally, I think fewer rules (i.e. no rules) is best. I find that allowing base-rape (i.e. base attack) is a pretty effective way to deal with the camping snipers. In fact, I generally consider that I've done my civic duty if I make a quick pass through an enemy base area and clean out as many snipers as I can before I head back to cap another flag or destroy an mcom. The thing about these rules is that once you protect the base area, then you need more rules to make snipers leave it. Sometimes less is more....

Then again, thats just me.... not trying to be a whiner or anything. I do think the plugin is a really cool idea. I just wish it wouldn't be used to turn servers into places that I am unwilling to play in.

/off my soap box now...

Hey this is all useful feedback on the rules (not the plugin so much). Maybe sniper limits would be better as "12 x scope" limits, e.g.

On Spawn;Spec sp_sczmplus 2;PlayerSay >>%p%

It would only take one evening on a full server to see if that rule made a worthwhile difference.

I think Flyswamper is ok on a no-limits server because he kicks ass anyway. In my case I need at least half the team to be at least vaguely focussed on the same objective.

Originally Posted by PanamaJim*:

Nope, Rules is a server 'Say' message, not PlayerSay.

You can't reduce chat lag by changing a rules message from Say to PlayerSay, even though you're probably convinced that would make a

Thanks for the reply. It is enlightening and I can say with certainty that the only thing I'm convinced of is that I have much to read and learn. So, your contribution to that end is appreciated.

Is there any means of turning off the plug-in's response to the @rules command? It interferes with other plug-ins that also respond to the same command.

Also, what does "RoC read and accepted" mean? Don't see that mentioned in the documentation. (NM, found it in the plug-in code.)

// installing admin has to check the "Rules of Conduct" checkbox

The definitive version of the plugin is the one at the top of this thread. Here's a link to a newer version if you're particularly keen on the following incremental features now. After more testing this code will replace the current production version (currently 27a).

Here's a beta version 37.1.30a with the following incremental function pretty much untested:

* new TeamKit, TeamWeapon, TeamSpec and TeamDamage conditions that count the number of those things on the player's team. So you can have a rule like "On Kill;Not Kit Recon;TeamKit Recon 2;Damage SniperRifle;PlayerSay %p% sniper limit;Kill". If you don't understand that rule, don't worry about trying this beta.

* new plugin options allow you to enable/disable the automatic 'rules' message display, and limit the display of rules to PlayerSay only if you want.

* the plugin is migrated to the latest Procon 1 interface

Attached Files:

* new TeamKit, TeamWeapon, TeamSpec and TeamDamage conditions that count the number of those things on the player's team. So you can have a rule like "On Kill;Not Kit Recon;TeamKit Recon 2;Damage SniperRifle;PlayerSay %p% sniper limit;Kill". If you don't understand that rule, don't worry about trying this beta.

Thats what I was talking about in the beginning, right? (Only 2 Snipers per Team, if a Non-Recon kills with a sniperrifle, the plugin will check how many recons/snipers are currently alive)? If yes: perfect, will definitely try it out!

EDIT: after reading the first part of this description, I figured out myself lol :biggrin:

Will install it once I am home.

yeah Morpheus the TeamXX condition is intended to do what you suggested. The plugin keeps track of the SPAWNED kits/weapons etc, i.e. "TeamKit Recon 2" will succeed if there's more than two players that spawned as Recon still alive. (EDIT - I just worked out this means with a On Spawn;Kit Recon 2 limit (max 2 spawned snipers) the matching pickup limit rule should be On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;Not Kit Recon;TeamKit Recon 1". I.e. if there are "more than 1" (i.e. there are already 2) recons, kill the guy that picked up the sniper rifle)

If you have multiple sniper limit thresholds with teamsize then in theory you would repeat the counts in the On Kill;Not Kit Recon;Damage SniperRifle;TeamKit Recon X rules but note on the '0' limit there's no sniper rifles to pick up anyway.

Did I mention this code is pretty much untested?

The beta is up and running on our server. Works a treat! We've now been able to eliminate two plug-ins by replacing them with this one. With some scripting magic we're hopefully going to eliminate at least two more.

# SNIPER RULZ

On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;Not Kit Recon;TeamKit Recon 1;PlayerSay There are maximum 2 SniperRifles per Team allowed, %p%!;Kill

On Spawn;Kit Recon 2;PlayerSay There are maximum 2 SniperRifles per Team allowed, %p%!;Kill

On Spawn;Kit Recon 2;Count 5;PlayerSay %p%, you will be kicked for breaking the SniperLimit more than 5 times!;Kick You have been kicked for breaking the SniperLimit more than 5 times!

On Kill; Damage SniperRilfe; Not Kit Recon; TeamKit Recon 1;Count 5;PlayerSay %p%, you will be kicked for breaking the SniperLimit more than 5 times!;Kick You have been kicked for breaking the SniperLimit more than 5 times!

# TANK RULZ

On Kill;Teamsize 4;Damage VehicleHeavy;PlayerSay No Tank under 10 players, %p%!;Kill

On Kill; Teamsize 4;Damage VehicleHeavy;Count 3;PlayerSay %p%, you will be kicked for breaking the TankLimit more than 3 times!;Kick You have been kicked for breaking the TankLimit more than 3 times!

Should that work for:

a) Only 2 Snipers per team. If a player tries to break that sniperlimit more than 5 times, he will get kicked

B) Also apply the sniperlimit to picked-up weapons. Kicking player again, if he tries that more than 5 times

c) Kill people for killing with tanks if there are less than 5 players in there team. Kick a player who has killed someone with a tank more than 3 times (while there were

Hope I didn't make any mistakes in that :biggrin:

I've editted a couple of errors

* SniperRifle spelt SniperRilfe

* I removed some 'space' characters after semicolons as in "On Kill; Damage ..." TBH I can't remember if my code filters out extra blanks

* Rules "XXX;Count N;..." have to come BEFORE "XXX;...", i.e. the 'Count N' will fail for count

Code:

# SNIPER RULZ
On Spawn;Kit Recon 2;Count 5;PlayerSay %p%, you will be kicked for breaking the SniperLimit more than 5 times!;Kick You have been kicked for breaking the SniperLimit more than 5 times!
On Spawn;Kit Recon 2;PlayerSay There are maximum 2 SniperRifles per Team allowed, %p%!;Kill
On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;Not Kit Recon;TeamKit Recon 1;Count 5;PlayerSay %p%, you will be kicked for breaking the SniperLimit more than 5 times!;Kick You have been kicked for breaking the SniperLimit more than 5 times!
On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;Not Kit Recon;TeamKit Recon 1;PlayerSay There are maximum 2 SniperRifles per Team allowed, %p%!;Kill
# TANK RULZ
On Kill;Teamsize 4;Damage VehicleHeavy;Count 3;PlayerSay %p%, you will be kicked for breaking the TankLimit more than 3 times!;Kick You have been kicked for breaking the TankLimit more than 3 times! 
On Kill;Teamsize 4;Damage VehicleHeavy;PlayerSay No Tank under 10 players, %p%!;Kill
As a suggestion, there's no merit in having a PlayerSay action before a Kick - I don't think they'd see the message if they're getting kicked anyway and the Kick message is designed for that. Nothing will break though.

Bambam

Thx for correcting.

And yeah, I just copy-pasted some stuff, also removed those player-says before a kick.

will test it out today

EDIT: wait... if I just want 2 sniperrifles to be there... would I do that:

# SNIPER RULZ

On Spawn;TeamDamage SniperRifle 2;Count 5;Kick You have been kicked for breaking the SniperLimit more than 5 times!

On Spawn;TeamDamage SniperRifle 2;PlayerSay There are maximum 2 SniperRifles per Team allowed, %p%!;Kill

On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;Not Kit Recon;TeamDamage SniperRifle 1;Count 5;Kick You have been kicked for breaking the SniperLimit more than 5 times!

On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;Not Kit Recon;TeamDamage SniperRifle 1;PlayerSay There are maximum 2 SniperRifles per Team allowed, %p%!;Kill

Or would that allow spawning with 3 sniperrifles (>2)?

Sorry to bug you :biggrin:

Originally Posted by Legate*:

I have a little issue with this rule:

On Kill;Teamsize 4;Damage VehicleHeavy;Yell >>%p%

Kill all the time no matter if it have less or more than 10 players (5 per team). Tested with more than 14 players present on server.

@Morpheus:

The "TeamDamage" condition checks the number of players on the TEAM that can cause a particular type of damage. THIS DOES NOT NECESSARILY INCLUDE THE CURRENT PLAYER. So your rule "On Spawn;TeamDamage SniperRifle;...;Kick" will kick ANYBODY that spawns when two recons with sniper rifles are already spawned.

Technically you want:

"On Spawn;Damage SniperRifle;TeamDamage SniperRifle 2..."

On Spawn: this rule will fire when a player spawns

Damage SniperRifle: current player has spawned with a weapon that can do SniperRifle damage

TeamDamage SniperRifle 2: more than two players are currently spawned with sniper rifles

and this is identical to:

On Spawn;Damage SniperRifle 2;...

@Legate:

** LATER EDIT ** Legate had found an intermittent BUG in ProconRulz in the 'Teamsize' condition (number of players in the smallest team). Bug fixed from version 31c onwards.

On Kill;Teamsize 4 ... certainly should never fire if the smallest team is bigger than 4 players

thanks very much - maybe that's a bug with the TeamSize condition - I'll check. In the meantime you probably want to limit the rule to just Log or Say so you'll be able to see it in operation without it killing players... The substitution variable %n% displays the current smallest teamsize. TeamSize seemed ok when I tested it but you never know.

It will be easy to test the TeamSize condition with the following rules:

On Spawn;TeamSize 1;Say %p% spawned TeamSize 1 (min teamsize %n%)

On Spawn;TeamSize 2;Say %p% spawned TeamSize 2 (min teamsize %n%)

On Spawn;TeamSize 3;Say %p% spawned TeamSize 3 (min teamsize %n%)

On Spawn;TeamSize 4;Say %p% spawned TeamSize 4 (min teamsize %n%)

On Spawn;Say %p% spawned with a teamsize bigger than 4 (%n%)

As a general guide, in general running with rules with 'Say' actions rather than Kick or Ban is a good idea for the first 48 hours so you gain confidence your rules are actually working as you intended. There could be ProconRulz bugs but also it's easy to fux up the rule logic particularly at first.

Originally Posted by ToM666*:

Hi Guys, I am probably just going old and senile bit I am struggling to fully understand this to the point I can write a script to achieve what I need.

I am asking for help from someone who has a complete grasp of this to write a script I can copy and paste into the rules and message area of this plugin.

Ideally I need the script to limit sniper rifles not the class. If that is not possible then recon limit is fine.

I'll assume we are limiting recon and hopefully some bright spark can sort this for me :smile:

1) Limit recon to 2 players up to a team population of 6

2) Limit recon to 3 players for team population 7 to 11

3) Limit recon to 4 players for team population 12 to 14

4) Limit recon to 5 players for team population 15 to 16

Ideally I would like the player selecting the class to be warned, "Recon limit Reached, please select another class. Warning! picking up sniper rifles will result in a server kill!"

If the player then still proceeds to spawn when the server limit has been reached then I would like the server to kill him with the message

"playername you have been Killed for exceeding the server recon limit!"

If they pick up a sniper rifle and use it, then I would like the server to kill them with the message!

"playername, you have been killed for picking up a sniper rifle and exceeding the server limit"

I think it would be useful after a player has been killed for picking up a sniper rifle to "Say" in chat:

"playername has been killed for picking up a sniper rifle and exceeding the server recon limit!

If anyone can do this for us it would be a great step forward in our use of this plugin.

As it is since I started using this plugin our server has emptied, but I think it may be down to the way I wrote the script and my inability to set the messages up properly. :biggrin:

Regards

ToM

Point 1. If you're not sure what you're doing, use the 'Log' action instead of Kill, Kick or Ban.

Point 2. If you're not sure what you're doing, don't try and write something clever until you have something simple working well.

For a 2-sniperrifle limit use "Damage SniperRifle 2;Say %p% sniper limit;Kill"

Your rulz:

Damage SniperRifle 2;Teamsize 6;Say %p% sniper limit;Kill

Damage SniperRifle 3;Teamsize 11;Say %p% sniper limit;Kill

Damage SniperRifle 4;Teamsize 14;Say %p% sniper limit;Kill

Damage SniperRifle 5;Say %p% sniper limit;Kill

More hints for aspiring rulz authors:

* don't use long 'Say' texts - they'll be too hard to read as they flash past

* keep the rulz simple - subtle graduations just confuse/annoy players

* the 'Kill' action does not itself has a message - use a Say/PlayerSay action as well if you have to.

Originally Posted by ToM666*:

Point 1. If you're not sure what you're doing, use the 'Log' action instead of Kill, Kick or Ban.

Point 2. If you're not sure what you're doing, don't try and write something clever until you have something simple working well.

For a 2-sniperrifle limit use "Damage SniperRifle 2;Say %p% sniper limit;Kill"

Your rulz:

Damage SniperRifle 2;Teamsize 6;Say %p% sniper limit;Kill

Damage SniperRifle 3;Teamsize 11;Say %p% sniper limit;Kill

Damage SniperRifle 4;Teamsize 14;Say %p% sniper limit;Kill

Damage SniperRifle 5;Say %p% sniper limit;Kill

More hints for aspiring rulz authors:

* don't use long 'Say' texts - they'll be too hard to read as they flash past

* keep the rulz simple - subtle graduations just confuse/annoy players

* the 'Kill' action does not itself has a message - use a Say/PlayerSay action as well if you have to.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by Agrikaan*:

Excellent plugin!

I've set to kill anyone spawning with the 12X OPT Spec 1 (sniper sights), as well as a 3 Recon per team Kit limit on my server (Legio Ammatar) and it seems to work well. People can still play the class, they just have to get a little closer to the action (and the objectives) to get their precious kills. And at the same time, they might get bonus points for team efforts, yaay.

But I've failed to figure out how to disable (or punish) the use of LIGHT vehicles, with less than say 6 players playing on the server. I would like to be able to prohibit the use of light vehicles on some smaller/medium sized maps (Oasis/Panama Canal/Nelson Bay), as there's often just one APC, and it can greatly unbalance a small sized game.

However, some larger maps have a mix of light, medium and heavier vehicles, and possibly choppers (Atacama Desert/Arica Harbor/Harvest Day) for both sides. And the maps are large enough to depend on vehicles, for transportation if not objectives. So at least some vehicles, like tanks and/or choppers, need to work on those maps, regardless of number of players on the server.

Can someone please give me a hint on how to do this?

And as you might guess, I think it would be great if the plugin could to be able to set some rules on specific maps in a future release... :smile:

On Kill;Damage VehicleLight;Teamsize 6;Say %p% no light vehicles until >12 players;Kill

There's no condition for map/maptype at the moment, but that's an interesting idea for a couple of new conditions (Map Oasis;MapType Rush)

** LATER EDIT ** new conditions 'Map' and 'MapType' have been added, so rulz can now be limited to only apply in a given map (e.g. 'Map Valpa') or only in a given mode (e.g. 'MapMode Rush')

You can limit any rule to the attacking or defending side if that's any use (Team Attack etc).

It is impossible with BFBC2 to purely control the use of vehicles - the server doesn't tell Procon when a player gets into or out of a vehicle. All you can do is monitor spawns and kills, hence the green rule above.

Originally Posted by Agrikaan*:

Thanks for the reply, I used that solution, but with both VehiclesHeavy and VehiclesLight, with a limit of 6 (3/3) players. It still leaves choppers active afaik. I haven't tested it yet though, server not populated atm. But vehicles are now still there and can be used, but anyone killing with a vehicle will be killed after the message. Then vehicles can be used for transportation even with a few players.

Good that you find the map/game mode conditions interesting, looking forward to the next release! I think vehicle rules dependent on population are more important on the smaller maps, and on Conquest.

Originally Posted by HelloKitty*:

So where do i put this how do i get it to work no instructions i am very new to all this

..put what where? You wnat to install the plugin?

@bambam:

I realy like the vehicle limit! My intention is to forbid Tanks and Choppers if there are less then 10 players on the server. My RulZ are:

On Kill;Teamsize 4;Damage VehicleHeavy;count 2;PlayerSay >>%p%

On Kill;Teamsize 4;Damage VehicleHeavy;PlayerSay >>%p%

On Kill;Teamsize 4;Damage VehicleAir;count 2;PlayerSay >>%p%

On Kill;Teamsize 4;Damage VehicleAir;PlayerSay >>%p%

Now I noticed a little Problem: If the autoballance is not quick enough, and Team A has 6 players, while Team B has only 4 - we have a crappy situation, that allows tanks to the bigger team, but not to the smaller team that is in a disadvantage.

Is it possible to count all players, not only per team?

@HelloKitty: Teamsize 4 is the size of the * currently smallest* team, so you're ok. (That seemed the more useful general condition)

@Kolohe: this isn't the thread for general procon/plugin install advice - please post your own new thread. In general you (1) install Procon, (2) download the .cs file of the plugin, (3) drag the .cs file (e.g. ProconRulz.cs into the Procon/plugins/BFBC2 folder) (4) double-click Procon/procon.exe to run procon, (5) connect your Procon to a BFBC2 server (6) look at the 'Plugins' tab and check the 'enable' box next to ProconRulz. Please don't spam this thread for further instructions.

Originally Posted by earthdog*:

How can i use On PlayerBlock and playerblock in order to create a rush game that i dont want players to use vehicles unless it is only for transport..

can i prevent them from using it? or i would have to kill/kick them the time they use..

I am trying to find documentation about playerblock and on playerblock but i cant...

anybody can help?

To only allow vehicles for transport, all you can do is have a rule that detects a vehicle weapon kill and does something about that. I.e.

On Kill;Damage VehicleHeavy;Say %p% no vehicle kills;Kill

On Kill;Damage VehicleLight;Say %p% no vehicle kills;Kill

On Kill;Damage VehicleAir;Say %p% no vehicle kills;Kill

Battlefield doesn't signal any event to Procon when a player gets into or out of a vehicle, so you can only watch the kills.

The PlayerBlock action/trigger are functional but I haven't fully thought through what it's for or how it would be used. It's really a placeholder for more complex programming of rules possible with ProconRulz.

The PlayerBlock action places a block on any item (weapon, spec, kit, damage) for when the player next spawns. If the player next spawns with that item, the "On PlayerBlock" trigger will fire instead of On Spawn. E.g. IF you wanted a rule that prevented a player spawning as Recon immediately following a prior spawn as Recon, you could have a pair of rules:

On Spawn;Kit Recon;PlayerBlock Recon

On PlayerBlock;Kit Recon;PlayerSay %p% choose another kit;PlayerBlock Recon;Kill

My suggestion is do not use PlayerBlock unless you already have a load of successful fancy rules and want to get even more fancy - normally you can manage fine without it. PlayerBlock has the special feature that it 'remembers' the state of a player from one rule to the next (i.e. a block on one rule is 'remembered' when the player next spawns) but in my experience once you start trying to program those kind of rules you quickly want a host of more complex features. It's an experiment for now.