Automatic Round Restarter (v 1.2.0.5 - 2014-03-19)

ImportBot

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by feeblemedic*:

any reason this plugin would continually become "unselected" from my list of active plugins? I keep having the issue of going in to find out that this plugin,..and only this plugin is disabled...when I know that i left it enabled.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by Phil_K*:

any reason this plugin would continually become "unselected" from my list of active plugins? I keep having the issue of going in to find out that this plugin,..and only this plugin is disabled...when I know that i left it enabled.

Which version do you use?

Version prior 1.1.0.0 had an issue on which it did disable itself on a procon restart if "server restart" option was enabled.

With 1.1.0.0 you got an override option to override the check which disabled it.

Greets

Phil.

Originally Posted by feeblemedic*:

Which version do you use?

Version prior 1.1.0.0 had an issue on which it did disable itself on a procon restart if "server restart" option was enabled.

With 1.1.0.0 you got an override option to override the check which disabled it.

Greets

Phil.

Thanks Phil_k that was indeed the problem.

Originally Posted by Arkangel1028*:

It appears that there is a plugin called adaptive server size, which one would be the preferred method the restarter or the adaptive? I really don't mind adjusting on the fly however the most efficient would be nice...

THX.........

Hi.

That depends on the intention you have.

My "Automatic Round Restarter" targets dead-lock situations on battlelog which can happen if the server stays to long empty, meanwhile should this be fixed in battlelog, or if the server falls back to the roundRestartPlayerCount on which the rounds sometimes get not totally restarted resulting in a constant message "server is changing map" in battlelog denying anyone to join.

The "Adaptive server size" targets a strategy to get your server faster filled by manipulating the maxPlayers on a dynamic basis based on the actual player count. It also can change the roundRestart and roundStart values.

Greets

Phil.

Originally Posted by ArchangeI*:

Hi.

Try to use F5 while on the package tab.

To me i shows 1.1.1.3 for my plugin.

Greets

Phil.

Yeah noticed i hadnt shutdown Procon in a couple of days, that solved it:smile:

Next Question: Possible to get an option for the server to restart at a specific time each day?

Next Question: Possible to get an option for the server to restart at a specific time each day?

That is possible, but i would advice you to check the options of your GSPs controlpanel.

For example gameservers.com offers exactly such a feature.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Greg15014*:

Automatic Round Restarter

Good job on this plugin. It works like a charm. I'm really not all that great at making plugins myself although I've tried and failed miserably....LoL I do know a whole bunch about php, html, cgi, perl, and java scripting though.

My reasoning for this post was to see if you could incorperate more settings into this plugin or make a new plugin for what I'm specifically seeking and maybe the community would appreciate it too. I was wonder if some settings could be incorperated like having the server restart after so many hours of uptime as in, let's say the server been running for 48 hours and you want to restart automatically after that. In the setting you would be able to put the time interval either in seconds, minutes, or hours, which ever is easier, and let's say I put 48 hours in for the time interval, at that moment the plugin would issue the server command admin.shutDown. For me personally, our GSP set that command to restart the server and I know for some it may actuallly just stop the server altogether.

And/or incorperate settings that would automatically restart the server after an x amount of rounds.

Either or would be awesome to incorperate into a new plugin or the Automatic Round Restart plugin.

Cheers!!!!!

Originally Posted by Flyswamper*:

Phil,

I/we suffered terribly from the bug in the server code which caused you to write this plugin. I continue to run the plugin. But I must confess to not knowing whether the latest server updates (R11 I think) eliminate the need for this or not? What is your experience..... is this still needed?

Hi.

My reasoning for this post was to see if you could incorperate more settings into this plugin or make a new plugin for what I'm specifically seeking and maybe the community would appreciate it too. I was wonder if some settings could be incorperated like having the server restart after so many hours of uptime as in, let's say the server been running for 48 hours and you want to restart automatically after that.

Thanks for your feedback and that you find this plugin usefull. :smile:

Well as said above i would see a restart on a regular time basis mainly as a jo of a GSPs watchdog. I only know gameservers.com and they provide such a watchdog with is working that way that you define a time of day to have a server restarted. This would cover a 24h period until restart.

Hmm... it's not a big thing to add a restarted based on server uptime but if i do i would connect it to a check that the restart is only issued with no players on the server. Do do it on the number of rounds played i will not do because this is not reliable as the plugin would have to count the rows played and the counter can get corrupted by a restart of the procon hosting the plugin.

I/we suffered terribly from the bug in the server code which caused you to write this plugin. I continue to run the plugin. But I must confess to not knowing whether the latest server updates (R11 I think) eliminate the need for this or not? What is your experience..... is this still needed?

To be honest i haven't monitored it intensive if the blocking in R11 is as massive as with earlier versions. Personally I've faced some "server is changing map" situations being unable to join the server and the round restart fixed that.

With R12 i will recheck if i can force a server to have battlelog blog the joins with that changing-maps message.

Greets

Phil.

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

Is it also posible that you add an option for a sort of empty map? With BC2 i used a plugin that stayed on a preselected map till a sertain amount of players was reached, after that then the server swithed to the next map. When the player amount dropt below , it switched back to the empty map when the round was finished.

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

Phil,

Well, I can comment that just yesterday my server was empty and not on the Battlelog list. Restarting the round solved the problem. So, I continue to run Automatic Round Restarter to prevent this. (I manually restarted the round, but ARR would have done it once the "max round duration" was reached.)

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

Is it also posible that you add an option for a sort of empty map? With BC2 i used a plugin that stayed on a preselected map till a sertain amount of players was reached, after that then the server swithed to the next map. When the player amount dropt below , it switched back to the empty map when the round was finished.

The MixedGameMode plugin will do this. The author told me that he plans to release a BF3 beta this weekend, so keep an eye on that thread.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Version 1.2.0.0 of the Automatic Round Restarter is available through download and the package tab.

This version includes a "Watchdog" which let you set an interval given in hours after that a server restart is triggered through the admin.shutDown command. The interval is compared to the servers uptime. If that is greater than your interval AND the server is empty the watchdog does its job.

Greets

Phil.

• 3 weeks later...

Originally Posted by droopie*:

so with this plugin, is it possible for if 0 players restart the round/server every 1 hour? im noticing people cant join our server. i keep getting errors until i go to the next map or restart the server.

Originally Posted by LtMatt81*:

What settings should i use for this?

I want my server when i have 10 players or less to load the first map on the rotation which is metro to get players back in quickly. Once it fills back up again im happy for it to continue as normal.

Originally Posted by Flyswamper*:

Hey there Phil et.al....,

I've had this running non-stop for the past several weeks and our server has been doing well. The days of the server dropping from the serverlist and being inaccessible *SEEM* to be behind us. In the past couple of days I've noticed something that seems strange to me though. Wondering if you guys have seen this, am I imagining it, or what? I'll start with the disclaimer that I haven't taken the time to carefully test/check the behavior to be certain of what it's doing. I'm basing this posts comments more on a quick-glance type of observation. And with that, I'll get on to the story of what I think I'm seeing...

This morning I noticed the following:

Our server settings are:

Round start player count = 2

Round restart player count = 1

The plugin settings are:

Roundrestartcount = 1

Restartround = No

Loadfirstmap = Yes

I woke to find one player sitting idle in our server. So I fired up my BF3 soldier-acct, clicked on our server in the browser to Join. At that point, the browser messages indicated that a spot had been reserved for me but it sat there waiting (with a reservation supposedly) for an extended period of time. Since I was sitting there watching the server in ProCon I could tell the server wasn't changing rounds and wasn't full (it only had one player in it). But.... soldier-acct waiting to join would just sit and wait for a fairly long time (ok, it wasnt' that long...I'm impatient...but it was way longer than it should have been normally).

so.... I used ProCon to manually restart the round and then my soldier quickly joined the server and I went off to work.

Your automatic round restarter was running the entire time (I just leave it running 24/7). I don't have it set to debug output, but... my server was still listed in the browser so I guess the plugin did it's job (if it is even needed still___). But, it almost seems like I've run into a related/but-different bug.

I guess I'm just wondering if any of you guys have seen this? Would a glance through the logs help? Any thoughts?

Hi.

so with this plugin, is it possible for if 0 players restart the round/server every 1 hour? im noticing people cant join our server. i keep getting errors until i go to the next map or restart the server.

You have to decide if you want to load the first map on a given player count OR if you want it to happen on a long round. Both settings can be active but the long_round will only be triggered if someone is on your server.

hi there i was hoping to use this to end a round on points after time is this possible? I'm trying to run a sniper only server and wish to run 30 min rounds.

As that is not the intention of this plugin it is not possible. This plugin will not end a round based on a given time period or on ticket count. Note to end a round means to declare one team as winner. This plugin does a simple restartRound or a combination of setting the nextMapIndex to 0 and runNextRound.

What settings should i use for this?

I want my server when i have 10 players or less to load the first map on the rotation which is metro to get players back in quickly. Once it fills back up again im happy for it to continue as normal.

Set the restart round to 10 and select "Load first map" - Yes.

This will load the first map anytime the player count is equal or less 10.

But i'm not sure if that is a good idea, because the plugin will not check if a round has ended. It will do its task as soon as a serverInfo response shows the player count limit is triggered....

This morning I noticed the following:

Our server settings are:

Round start player count = 2

Round restart player count = 1

The plugin settings are:

Roundrestartcount = 1

Restartround = No

Loadfirstmap = Yes

I woke to find one player sitting idle in our server. So I fired up my BF3 soldier-acct, clicked on our server in the browser to Join. At that point, the browser messages indicated that a spot had been reserved for me but it sat there waiting (with a reservation supposedly) for an extended period of time. Since I was sitting there watching the server in ProCon I could tell the server wasn't changing rounds and wasn't full (it only had one player in it). But.... soldier-acct waiting to join would just sit and wait for a fairly long time (ok, it wasnt' that long...I'm impatient...but it was way longer than it should have been normally).

so.... I used ProCon to manually restart the round and then my soldier quickly joined the server and I went off to work.

Your automatic round restarter was running the entire time (I just leave it running 24/7). I don't have it set to debug output, but... my server was still listed in the browser so I guess the plugin did it's job (if it is even needed still___). But, it almost seems like I've run into a related/but-different bug.

I guess I'm just wondering if any of you guys have seen this? Would a glance through the logs help? Any thoughts?

Was your server on the first round with that guy sitting there?

On a restart the plugin saves the information that it had restarted a round in its internals. This information gets reseted as soon as the actual player count is Roundrestartcount +1 or higher. So having the server load the first map with one player online will result in the server to rotated through the maps as long as the player count was 2 and dropped again or you have "on long round" activated.

Greets

Phil.

• 4 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Nescio21*:

Hey!

The watchdog is limited to 168 hours. Is this intentional or could we see an increase on this?

Testing out the loadfirstmap option next week, it was just what I was looking for! Thanks a lot!

Originally Posted by Singh400*:

I've noticed a problem with this plugin. When I restart my sever, the plugin doesn't auto switch to the first map in the rotation. It picks a random one. If I disable then re-enable it, it will then pick the first map in the rotation. The plugin is on a layer and I'm using it alongside Ultimate Map Manager.

Hi.

The watchdog is limited to 168 hours. Is this intentional or could we see an increase on this?

It is indented.

Hang ups which may be fixed by a server restart normally occur in short terms or during a loaded week.

If you want to counter a memory leak in the BF3 server you should better go other ways.

Well, maybe i raise it to a max of one month on the next version.

I've noticed a problem with this plugin. When I restart my sever, the plugin doesn't auto switch to the first map in the rotation. It picks a random one. If I disable then re-enable it, it will then pick the first map in the rotation. The plugin is on a layer and I'm using it alongside Ultimate Map Manager.

If your server restarts it normally loads up the maplist.txt saved at his file space.

It then will continue to load the first map on this list. So there is no need for the plugin to force load the map with index 0.

For the plugin a server restart triggered outside of the plugin has difference to a network interruption. As a result it will normally continue. So it is up to you to complete your manual task to reset your server tasks to a common state.

Anyway the plugin will never ever force the load of any map then the one with index 0 in the loaded maplist.

If your server seems to load random maps you should check for maplist manipulating pugins.

Greets

Phil.

Originally Posted by Ubique1964*:

Phil all I want to do is have the round restart every 5 minutes when the server is empty (0 players) and have the server itself restart every 24 hours when 0 players are on how can I achieve this mate

EDIT: QUESTION: Then when the server is populated (1 player) will the plugin commence round restarting again at 0 players?

Hi.

Phil all I want to do is have the round restart every 5 minutes when the server is empty (0 players) and have the server itself restart every 24 hours when 0 players are on how can I achieve this mate

Actually a trigger like "restart the round every 5 minute if player_count is lower or equal X" is not integrated.

So at the moment you only can do "restart the round every time player_count is lower or equal X after it was higher then Y".

But you can combine it with "restart the server after X hours as soon as it is empty".

I assume you've already found what to set to achieve those two settings.

EDIT: QUESTION: Then when the server is populated (1 player) will the plugin commence round restarting again at 0 players?

Yes.

At the moment it will remember that it has restarted the map / server and will only activate the triggers again if the given player limit was overstepped. Naturally the restart server watchdog will strike again after its interval.

Hmm...

Why do you want to restart the map in an interval if the server stays under your player limit?

The battlelog deadlock situation mostly occurs after the server has hit his RoundRestartPlayerCount. But not while continuously being empty.

Greets

Phil.