Automatic Round Restarter (v 1.2.0.5 - 2014-03-19)

ImportBot

Originally Posted by Ubique1964*:

Hi.

Hmm...

Why do you want to restart the map in an interval if the server stays under your player limit?

The battlelog deadlock situation mostly occurs after the server has hit his RoundRestartPlayerCount. But not while continuously being empty.

Greets

Phil.

Oh Really, I didn't know that, I thought it occurred even when the server was empty. I will re-think my strategy. Thanks Phil
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Nescio21*:

Hey Phil_K.

The plug-in seems to be working just fine. It loads the first map in the maplist.txt when it hits 0 players.

There seems to be a really weird bug, that might be related to your plug-in. I installed it and it worked fine for a few days, nothing weird, it loads the 1st map on 0 players, server is full all the time because of it. Now when the server hits 0 players, it cannot be found in Battlelog anymore. I can't find it in the browser, not by searching the name, not in my favorite server list.

Battlelog bug right? I disable your plug-in, the problem is gone :/ This is extra weird, because the plug-in didn't do that the first few days. But now when I disable the plug-in, the server isn't "delisted" anymore.

Can you shed any light on this issue? Is this a coincidence because to me it seems like it's impossible for a plugin that only loads the first map if the server is empty, couldn't delist it from Battlelog. Is it maybe because the first map is loaded quite often that Battlelog bumps my server? It happens *without fail* though, not just after a few reloads.

Rebooting the server through the webpanel fixes the problem.

Thanks for your help!

Edit:

I've tested on a quiet morning like this, people come in with 2 and play a few rounds of sqd_rush and then leave again. Plug-in on: server is delisted. Plug-in disabled: server is not delisted. I don't get it, it ran for a few days without doing this.

Originally Posted by Phil_K*:

Hi.

Battlelog bug right? I disable your plug-in, the problem is gone :/ This is extra weird, because the plug-in didn't do that the first few days. But now when I disable the plug-in, the server isn't "delisted" anymore.

I tend to say yes, battlelog bug.

Reports about this kind of bug in correlation with different server settings appear in many forums dealing with BF3.

Now to your problem.

Please give me some info what other plugins you are running which manipulate server settings, maplists, ticket counts or max players and what values you use for roundStartPlayerCount and roundRestartPlayerCount.

This plugin only fires a the combination to set the next map to be the first map in the cycle, followed by a runNextMap command. It does that even if the current map is the first map in the cycle.

As there were no changes on this plugin or the server behavior but battlelog did more than one update/change I'm still with yes, battlelog bug.

Greets

Phil.

Now to your problem.

Please give me some info what other plugins you are running which manipulate server settings, maplists, ticket counts or max players and what values you use for roundStartPlayerCount and roundRestartPlayerCount.

These were ALL running before I installed Automatic Round Restarter:

-Adaptive server size. 13 players or less, it's on 16. 14 players or more, it sets it on 32.

-Admin spawn message.

-Automatic round restarter

-Basic ingame info

-In-game admin

-Spambot

-Squadlness nag (just gives players a message about not being in a sqd)

-Insane balancer. No adjustments about tickets, playersizes etc.

-Insane limits. I only have it check for accuracy or SPM that is abnormally high.

-Metabans.

vars.roundStartPlayerCount 1

vars.roundRestartPlayerCount 0

If you need any more info, let me know!

I'll update with an edit tonight when the server goes empty. Plugin is currently disabled.

Edit: plugin disabled, it doesn't disappear. Plugin enabled, people join, people leave, it's gone :/

Edit: watchdog is disabled by the way!

Do you need any logs of the plugin?

EDIT:

JUST REALIZED. I turned the watchdog off a few days ago. The problem started happening after that, I THINK. Not entirely sure. Watchdog and plugin enabled, we'll see what happens =)

Hi.

Guess i don't need logs.

I've did a few tests meanwhile and it looks to me that the deadlock situation the plugin was meant to workaround came back with R-19 6 battlelog update in a different way. It seems that it happens if the forced map change was done on a unfinished round after the server hit his roundRestartPlayerCount.

Actually i have my server sit and wait for players to test another workaround. :smile:

Greets

Phil.

Hi.

Guess i don't need logs.

I've did a few tests meanwhile and it looks to me that the deadlock situation the plugin was meant to workaround came back with R-19 6 battlelog update in a different way. It seems that it happens if the forced map change was done on a unfinished round after the server hit his roundRestartPlayerCount.

Actually i have my server sit and wait for players to test another workaround. :smile:

Greets

Phil.

Alright cool, I'll be waiting anxiously for that, because this plug-in is the last one to perfect my server!

EDIT:

With watchdog enabled, it still goes off of Battlelog, so that's not it. I think that's evidence for the direction you are looking in =) edit: I mean, if you still had any doubts :P

• 3 weeks later...

Alright cool, I'll be waiting anxiously for that, because this plug-in is the last one to perfect my server!

EDIT:

With watchdog enabled, it still goes off of Battlelog, so that's not it. I think that's evidence for the direction you are looking in =) edit: I mean, if you still had any doubts :P

Any word on an update for this plug-in? I still experience this bug..

Hi.

I've uploaded a new version which utilizes a workaround to have the first map loaded correctly. But it still could be during high rcon traffic that some key indicators get lost.

Regarding the battlelog drop-off, i haven't had any with my test server.

As far as i know battlelog uses also its own ping sites to trigger check a server and depending on the reaction it might delete it from its list.

Greets

Phil.

Hi.

I've uploaded a new version which utilizes a workaround to have the first map loaded correctly. But it still could be during high rcon traffic that some key indicators get lost.

Regarding the battlelog drop-off, i haven't had any with my test server.

As far as i know battlelog uses also its own ping sites to trigger check a server and depending on the reaction it might delete it from its list.

Greets

Phil.

I've been running the version for almost 24h now and have not seen the server delisted as of yet. Several players have joined and left and it has reloaded the first map several times.

Thank you so much. It seems your new work-around has fixed the issue! You're a miracle worker Phil!

Originally Posted by VAM*:

Housten we have a problem! ;-)

after last version server changed nerver to first map. before the plugin works fine.

how are the best settings to change to first map if 0 players on server.

thanks

Hi.

I've been running the version for almost 24h now and have not seen the server delisted as of yet. Several players have joined and left and it has reloaded the first map several times.

Thank you so much. It seems your new work-around has fixed the issue! You're a miracle worker Phil!

Glad to hear that. :smile:

I also encountered no problems on my test server.

Housten we have a problem! ;-)

after last version server changed nerver to first map. before the plugin works fine.

how are the best settings to change to first map if 0 players on server.

thanks

The plugin needs a period of at least 30 seconds with no player online to detect that the server is empty.

This detection is based on the periodically serverInfo commands procon does.

What works for me is:

Server

- RoundRestartCound -> 0

- RestartRound -> no

- Load first map -> yes

- Restart server -> no

Trigger

- all selections to -> no

Xtras

- On layer -> yes

- Console output -> yes

- Debug output -> no

- Testdrive -> no

Greets

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

I fear the bug may have returned with the R20/spring patch. My server was up and running today, but not visible in Battlelog.

It may have to do with the server being updated and all, but I kind of doubt it as it's always auto-updated to the latest version (which it was).

I'll see if it's gone tomorrow again :/ Hopefully not but I fear the worst.

• 2 months later...

Originally Posted by Mandeor*:

Hi Phil,

first of all, thx for your contribution to the community.

I want to use your plugin only for a server restart. Is it possible to add the option to do a restart at an target time and only if the server is empty? I see a problem in restarting by uptime, if the server did an unexpected restart before.

Thx in advance

-Mandeor

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by partyamigo*:

that would be a great feature

Hi Phil,

first of all, thx for your contribution to the community.

I want to use your plugin only for a server restart. Is it possible to add the option to do a restart at an target time and only if the server is empty? I see a problem in restarting by uptime, if the server did an unexpected restart before.

Thx in advance

-Mandeor

Hi.

If you want your server to be restarted at a special time of day than the best way is to use the watchdog your GSP may provide. This kind of watchdog is nothing I would integrate into this plugin.

The restart by uptime also checks if the server is empty and targets the deadlock problem which occurred after a descend amount of hours while the server was full. For this it is regardless if the server had an unexpected restart or not because that will start the uptime by zero again.

Greets

Phil.

• 5 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Firejack*:

Hey

Just looking at giving this plugin a try. Is there anyway instead of the action being mapList.restartRound it could be changed to mapList.endRound ?

Sometimes you have a lot of people rage quit or some other reason and the server suddenly empties out. Bit unfair on those who have tried hard to have their scores wiped out when the round restarts after playing for half an hour.

I did think about just replacing all the mapList.restartRound code with mapList.endRound but then I realised you need someway to decide who should be assigned winner for that round thats just been ended.

Thanks.

Hi.

I don't see the problem.

If anybody quits out the state that they do not have any interest on the stats.

The server does report the stats on a continuous basis, not only on a round end.

You also should set the trigger count to a reasonable low value.

What you miss without the EndRound is the display of stats and to define a winning team.

Using it would raise the question which team should win, the one with the most remaining

players, or the one with the most points? Both is senseless in the scenario the plugin is

intended for... a empty server or a server with a player coungt equal or less to your

RoundStartPlayerCount.

In the deadlock situation the target aims on it could have a drawback to go through the

EndRound with declaring a winning team. There are also situations where the server can

not follow the command and raises an error.

A good advice is to set the trigger count to the same value as your roundRestartPlayerCount

which always has to be lower than roundStartPlayerCount.

If you want to declare a winning team on a dry-out situation you have to use another plugin.

The logic needed to be fair in choosing the winning team is nothing I want to include in this

plugin with its very dedicated use.

Greets

Phil.

• 7 months later...

Originally Posted by Singh400*:

Does anyone have a direct link to this download? I don't have the option to install via package through my hosting service.

...seriously? Read the first post, under the section Download. And make sure you read it properly.
  • 1 month later...

Originally Posted by static*:

Does anyone have a direct link to this download? I don't have the option to install via package through my hosting service.

...seriously? Read the first post, under the section Download. And make sure you read it properly.
Since the package tab is no longer on the procon front page u can actually use the word "Download" on the first page as it is a link to the package.
  • 3 weeks later...

Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx*:

Installed this today after all the constant blaze disconnects and it works great!

I've had issues ALL of the time of no unlocks/weps after a blaze and this plugin pretty much solves this problem.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi.

It does work with BF4 out of the box if you create the link to the inc file in the BF4 plugin folder.

I've updated the plugin package which contains all files and the folder structure showing where

the files should be placed.

Greets

Phil.

Originally Posted by madmuthamonk*:

Getting these errors in plugins console and it doesn't create a dll:

[23:19:15 12] Compiling CAutoRoundRestarter.cs... Errors or Warnings

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 234, C: 1) CS1010: Newline in constant

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 223, C: 40) CS1002: ; expected

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 223, C: 52) CS1002: ; expected

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 223, C: 69) CS1519: Invalid token 'is' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 223, C: 86) CS1002: ; expected

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 223, C: 100) CS1519: Invalid token '==' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 223, C: 109) CS1003: Syntax error, '>' expected

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 223, C: 109) CS1519: Invalid token '/' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 224, C: 18) CS1519: Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 225, C: 20) CS1519: Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 225, C: 24) CS1519: Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 225, C: 49) CS1519: Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 226, C: 28) CS1002: ; expected

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 226, C: 39) CS1002: ; expected

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 226, C: 54) CS1002: ; expected

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 226, C: 64) CS1002: ; expected

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 226, C: 71) CS1002: ; expected

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 226, C: 83) CS1001: Identifier expected

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 226, C: 92) CS1026: ) expected

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 226, C: 97) CS1519: Invalid token ')' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 226, C: 104) CS1519: Invalid token '/' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 227, C: 18) CS1519: Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 228, C: 20) CS1519: Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 228, C: 24) CS1519: Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 228, C: 49) CS1519: Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 229, C: 21) CS1519: Invalid token 'long' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 229, C: 32) CS1002: ; expected

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 229, C: 38) CS1001: Identifier expected

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 229, C: 38) CS1519: Invalid token '

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 229, C: 41) CS1519: Invalid token '/' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 230, C: 18) CS1519: Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 231, C: 20) CS1519: Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 231, C: 24) CS1519: Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 231, C: 49) CS1519: Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 232, C: 33) CS1003: Syntax error, '>' expected

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 233, C: 18) CS1519: Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 238, C: 16) CS1518: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 246, C: 16) CS1518: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 254, C: 16) CS1518: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 262, C: 16) CS1518: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 264, C: 51) CS1518: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 266, C: 31) CS1518: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 267, C: 31) CS1518: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 268, C: 31) CS1518: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 269, C: 31) CS1518: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 272, C: 35) CS1518: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 274, C: 13) CS0116: A namespace does not directly contain members such as fields or methods

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 274, C: 31) CS1518: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 277, C: 35) CS1518: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct

[23:19:15 12] CAutoRoundRestarter.cs (Line: 278, C: 13) CS1022: Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected