Ultimate Map Manager (1.2.5.0 - 03/26/15)

Prophet731

Originally Posted by HellsBells*:

its ok if you want to earn money for your work.

but dont call it donation if we are forced to pay you money.

so how many do you want? 2€, 5€ or 10€?

what about layer server hoster, they will share it for 50+ people..

do they need to pay the same like a privat person?

your paying system is bad.

at least someone will pay for it and share it to all for free.

btw. keep on good (plugin) work...

That is just RUDE.. if you don't like it don't donate. No body is forcing you to donate!!

In as far as someone will buy and give for free.

Go look in a mirror.. You should be ashamed of yourself :sad:

100's of hours are put into developing plugin's etc for everybody to use

without reimbursement. without donations or "Contributions" Developers go elsewhere.

In fact no amount of money was ever mentioned, only that those that

wanted the plugin to donate what they thought it would be worth to them/clan.

Oh you still want him to keep up the good plugin work!

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

Yeah. I always thought "someone else will donate". If it's the case that Falcon has indeed received under 100 donations I find that very sad. When I'm able to login and donate, I will.

For those complaining about "he didn't give me an amount to donate!" -- I think this is done on purpose. He doesn't want to set it too high nor too low. Give what you think it's worth to be able to have a server that is just about on auto pilot. To me, not having to worry about trying to fill it is worth quite a bit in both time and frustration.

Since I enabled adaptive ticket count (yesterday) & adaptive server size , I have now gone a full day with a populated server. Can't wait until I'm able to give this new plugin a try to try and keep it not only populated but 100% full.

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

Appreciate the work and have my copy of "The Ultimate Map Manager"

With the selection of Normal/Hard Core/Infantry only, am I able to edit the vars:

eg: change some of the false & true like friendly fire to false

this.m_DPreset["Hardcore"].Add("vars.friendlyFire", "true");

I noticed some of the vars have //

//this.m_DPreset["Hardcore"].Add("vars.miniMap", "true");

Probably would be ok, but I thought I should ask first.

Cheers

Yes, you can change the vars, if you like. I set it to the game defaults, but the values are easy to change. The ones that are commented out are the same for all 3 modes, so it wasn't necessary to send them each time.

On selecting Map List 2 and selecting map the scrolling does not scroll it only shows 10 maps.

On "Reload Plugins" Procon (fails to respond) Ctl Alt Del. When restarting all plugin are unticked

I'm not sure why the scrolling isn't working. However, you can make the dropdown box bigger by dragging the triangle in the lower left of the box. If you make the box bigger, there will be no need for scrolling.

And, I highly recommend that you NO NOT use "Reload Plugins". If you need to update your plugins, close PRoCon and open it again.

why does it kick people on rush more then 32 players... i use the older frostbytemanager and it does not do that

This is due to a server bug. The reason the other plugin doesn't do it is because it's only loading one map at a time, whereas this plugin is loading an entire map rotation. This was mentioned in the first post, but I'll post it again here:

"Due to a server bug, if you have the plugin switch to a rotation that includes a Rush or Assault map while more than 32 players are online, all but 32 players will be kicked from the server. The same applies for map rotations including TDM maps with more than 24 players online, Squad Deathmatch maps with more than 16 players online, and Squad Rush maps with more than 8 players online. Ensure that your minimums and maximums are set up appropriately to avoid losing players!"

i think using adaptive server size with it will fix this issue.

I don't think it will since it's being triggered server side.

its ok if you want to earn money for your work.

but dont call it donation if we are forced to pay you money.

so how many do you want? 2€, 5€ or 10€?

what about layer server hoster, they will share it for 50+ people..

do they need to pay the same like a privat person?

your paying system is bad.

at least someone will pay for it and share it to all for free.

btw. keep on good (plugin) work...

I'm calling it a donation because I'm not selling anything. I'm simply asking for people to support my work, and in return, I will send them a copy of my newly developed plugin.

I want whatever my plugins are worth to you. I design my plugins with the purpose of allowing an admin to run a fully automated server. With my plugins installed and set up properly, a server will fill up faster and remain filled longer than a server without them. Sure, an active admin could manually do everything that my plugins are designed to do, but doing so would practically be a full-time job. Someone's donation should be whatever they consider to be the value of not having to do all of that work.

I haven't been approached by a hosting company, but this would be handled on a case-by-case basis.

I'm not sure how anyone could consider this method bad, other than those who are looking for a free copy. And, obviously, there's not much I can do to prevent people from sharing the plugin, but it would be a pretty sleazy thing to do, considering how easy I've made it to obtain the plugin.

And thanks for your encouragement, but if you appreciate my good work, why not just support me by making a donation? :ohmy:

the adaptive server size made my server go from 64 to 4

Though I couldn't figure out what caused the problem that you posted in that thread, I did go ahead and release an update that would prevent it from occurring in the future. You can get the updated version in that thread.

Is it possible to make custom pressets?

I just edited Hardcore preset,but It did not work

or i just need restart procon?

Not at the moment. Perhaps I will add custom presets in the future. For now, you can edit the defined presets in the code.

Yes. Any time you make changes to plugin code, you need to close PRoCon and relaunch it in order for the new changes to take effect.

Once again, I have responded to all donations sent prior to this moment. Thanks to all of you!

If you sent a donation, but forgot to include "Ultimate Map Manager" in the payment notes, please send me a PM with the email address that you used for payment and the email address that you'd like the plugin sent to (if they aren't the same).

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

I don't think it will since it's being triggered server side.

isn't this is why we can specify in adaptive server size to set max player to maximum before map change ?

where it says at the end "maximum MODE size" etc ..

isn't this is why we can specify in adaptive server size to set max player to maximum before map change ?

where it says at the end "maximum MODE size" etc ..

No. Those are just artificial limits for those game modes. For example, if you have a 64-player server, but you don't want the server size to increase above 32 during Rush maps, you would put 32 for "Maximum Rush size".

NOTE: This is in reference to the Adaptive Server Size plugin, so as not to confuse anyone.

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

currently i use the plugin for empty map, for example if i have :

list one : Min 0 , Max 5 , dont force change, TDM grand bazaar

list two : Min 6 , Max 64 , dont force change , 3 random Large conquest maps .

will i get any dumping issue ? while having my TDM max player to 64 on adaptive server size.

currently i use the plugin for empty map, for example if i have :

list one : Min 0 , Max 5 , dont force change, TDM grand bazaar

list two : Min 6 , Max 64 , dont force change , 3 random Large conquest maps .

will i get any dumping issue ? while having my TDM max player to 64 on adaptive server size.

No, you wouldn't have any dumping issues with this setup.

I'm not sure why the scrolling isn't working. However, you can make the dropdown box bigger by dragging the triangle in the lower left of the box. If you make the box bigger, there will be no need for scrolling.

Unfortunately no triangle its a fixed box.

BTW: the plugin is working like a charm... many thanks

Unfortunately no triangle its a fixed box.

BTW: the plugin is working like a charm... many thanks

That's odd. Mine has a triangle in the lower left to make adjustments. I think you can also click in the box and then type the first letter of the map. For example, Wake Island is at the bottom of the list, so if you pressed 'W', it would change to Wake Island.

Originally Posted by feeblemedic*:

I just donated and turned this plugin on in an empty server. I have 4 game servers on 1 procon server. I went to an empty server and checked the plugin so it was on then went and did the populate map list using current map list. As soon as I did that the screen with the settings went all white. I waited a while and still nothing. I attempted this on a a half full server and the same thing happened.

I reset the procon server and it still shows blank pages on the two servers that I attempted to populate the server list using existing list.

The other 2 servers show the plugin and the settings tab as normal but i'm afraid to change anything.

I just donated and turned this plugin on in an empty server. I have 4 game servers on 1 procon server. I went to an empty server and checked the plugin so it was on then went and did the populate map list using current map list. As soon as I did that the screen with the settings went all white. I waited a while and still nothing. I attempted this on a a half full server and the same thing happened.

I reset the procon server and it still shows blank pages on the two servers that I attempted to populate the server list using existing list.

The other 2 servers show the plugin and the settings tab as normal but i'm afraid to change anything.

Well, I'm not sure why it did that, but I can tell you how to fix it. Each of the 4 servers has a config file in the PRoCon configs directory. They will be named with the IP address and port followed by .cfg. Close PRoCon and edit the files that correspond to the two servers with the white screen and delete all lines beginning with:

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CUltimateMapManager"

Actually, if you could PM me a copy of those lines before you delete them, I may be able to figure out what happened. Anyhow, once you delete those lines and save the file, then start PRoCon and the plugin will reset to the defaults.

I just donated but i haven't any plugin on my e-mail? What is the problem?

Did you include "Ultimate Map Manager" in the payment notes? If not, just shoot me a PM with the email that you used to make the payment and the email address you want the plugin emailed to (if it's different).

That fixed the white screen. But it does it again as soon as i repeat the process. I pm'ed you the config it writes when i do that.

I tested it myself using the exact config that you sent me and it worked fine. No white screen. So... Are you using PRoCon 1.1.3.1? And, does it also do it if you attempt to create an empty map list?

yes 1.1.3.1 hosted by branzone.com. empty maplist works correctly.

In my experience, Branzone didn't properly update the BF3 definitions when they upgraded to 1.1.3.1. Login to the Branzone panel and go to the File Manager. Look at the date on PRoCon.exe (should be 12/19), then go to the Configs directory and look at the date on BF3.def. Is it 12/19 or later? If not, upload the BF3.def from your local copy of PRoCon, then try again.

That's odd. Mine has a triangle in the lower left to make adjustments. I think you can also click in the box and then type the first letter of the map. For example, Wake Island is at the bottom of the list, so if you pressed 'W', it would change to Wake Island.

That fixed it. Once I clicked on the list and entered 'W' the triangle appeared for all map selections.

Nice :smile:

procon.exe is 12/19

bf3.def is 12/23...should I replace this?

Yes, you should. I just checked your server using the info you gave me, and the BF3.def file on your layer server doesn't include the B2K maps. That's why it's failing.