Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ImportBot

quistion about US vs US MODE

Question

Originally Posted by Sussan*:

Hi Guys & Girls,

i was quistioning myself if its possible to let youre server run on only US VS US mode all the time.. now if my server restart i need to put in the settings all the time again so i hope it possible to not have that issues with a plugin or something. Do someone know if this is possible and so yes then where can i find it.. thanks already for the help

Greetz Sussan

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

20 answers to this question

Originally Posted by spatieman*:

Add this

vars.teamFactionOverride 1 0

vars.teamFactionOverride 2 0

vars.teamFactionOverride 3 0

vars.teamFactionOverride 4 0

and make sure below line is on TOP of the config.

vars.preset "CUSTOM" false

than u have a nice US vs US round.

cough, north vs south, hehe.

Add this

is it correct you come out off holland? if yes can you pls explain me in that language ?

i understand what i have to add but where exallly and what you exally mean with : and make sure below line is on TOP of the config.

i mean my server is in procon on costum.. but i am not sure what you mean with this...

thanks already for this anwser

Greetz

Sussan

Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Add this

i try it out but i gues i do it wrong this morning after restart it was again russian china... can you pls help me out if you have time Spatieman?

thanks a lot Greetz

Sussan

Originally Posted by ty_ger07*:

The file you are supposed to be modifying is Startup.txt on your game server. Log into your game server's web control panel and then find a method of modifying Startup.txt.

In Startup.txt, vars.preset "CUSTOM" false needs to be the very first line of the file.

The file you are supposed to be modifying is Startup.txt on your game server. Log into your game server's web control panel and then find a method of modifying Startup.txt.

In Startup.txt, vars.preset "CUSTOM" false needs to be the very first line of the file.

hello,

do i need to make the Startup.txt myself ? because i never did that before

thanks tyger for anwsering ^^

hello,

do i need to make the Startup.txt myself ? because i never did that before

thanks tyger for anwsering ^^

No, you should not need to create it. It should already be on your game server, and you should only need to edit it. If you can't find it, ask your game server host where it is and how to modify it. This is kind of game server 101 stuff.

No, you should not need to create it. It should already be on your game server, and you should only need to edit it. If you can't find it, ask your game server host where it is and how to modify it. This is kind of game server 101 stuff.

i work with a proconlayer and ftp... looking for it now but cant find it yet

i have a license.txt and a debug.txt the rest is all other sort off files... i called my serverhost they say i need to find it in the ftp but no where to see this file name... i am kinda lost now :huh:

i work with a proconlayer and ftp... looking for it now but cant find it yet

It won't be on the procon layer server. You need to look on the game server which should be a different machine at a different IP address.

It won't be on the procon layer server. You need to look on the game server which should be a different machine at a different IP address.

hmm i run my server from one pc so now i am totally lost ... i host my server at nitrado... and what i already say before i use procon and ftp...searching all evening now but still nothing found..

i am sorry for all the quistions normally i figure it out pretty soon but this is totally different then the rest off my server settings

Originally Posted by Sp0rAdiC*:

It will be the same file you edited to set your procon password.

It will be the same file you edited to set your procon password.

i didnt had to use a file to edited... i just got a ip and pasword from nitrado for my procon layer...

Originally Posted by Sp0rAdiC*:

i didnt had to use a file to edited... i just got a ip and pasword from nitrado for my procon layer...

Ok, Does Nitrado not have a file editor in the server control panel?

When you connect through FTP what directories do you see? is there an admin directory?

Your Procon and Gameserver are probably two separate FTP logins.

Ok, Does Nitrado not have a file editor in the server control panel?

When you connect through FTP what directories do you see? is there an admin directory?

Your Procon and Gameserver are probably two separate FTP logins.

i have a rcon console there but that as far as i know only for direct command to my server....

about the different ip for procon and ftp you are correct 2 different

20171102_000554.jpg20171102_000612.jpg

That's crap. Guess they don't want too many hands in the cookie jar.

From the screenshots I found online it doesn't look like you have access to edit the file.

dashboard.jpgsettings.jpg

oke i will check with me now... its kinda strange because i added before files to ftp connextion and that works.. but oke let see i will let you know

From the screenshots I found online it doesn't look like you have access to edit the file.

dashboard.jpgsettings.jpg

oke i just checked for me it seems to be a bit different i maked a screenshot off it hopefully he is good enough to see20171102_142534.jpg

oke i think i found it.. now you need to put on first Expert mode... then go to expert setting then you get the startup.txt ... only quistion now is it harmfull if i vink out the expertmode again ?

and sorry for the much quistions... but now i have 2 guys that know more then i me i like to use it with one more quistion....

is it possible to have 1 player start i always used vars.roundRestartPlayerCount 4 vars.roundStartPlayerCount 1... now is the issue after a restart off my host i have to play first with 4 again before its 1 player start again.. every time after a restart this happend have any off you a idea if there is a way to have it 1 player start all the time even when it restarts the host?

also i added the codes that i got for the US VS US... my procon say its oke but still i need to change it now in my procon after restart... will this be the same story as with the one player start? ( after every restart us vs us is not working anymore ) ?

i find also out that when i was doing this i lost my complete settings from insane limmits.. so i am not sure if what i did was working i only know that i took me some time to fiks my insane limmits plugin again...

this are the only 2 things left to let my server run good enought to get some players... it would be nice if someone know the anwsers..

thanks again and again sorry for the so much quistions.

Greetz Sussan

• Our picks

• Hi All,

So I've been thinking about doing something like this for a while but I always talked myself out of it. I want to get some feedback on this idea and how many would think about using it if it was offered.

In the past I know how hard it was for some users to get a MySQL database going and running the BFACP (since it's a bit requirement heavy in some cases). What I would be doing is offering to manage both of these for you.

If enough interest was shown in something like this I would definitely think about doing it. Of course, I also know the risks I would be taking in something like this, but to list what I would be offering I guess is this.

MySQL Hosting

Daily backups of the database to a remote site & option to download it yourself.

No limit on how big your database can be (within reason).

BFACP Hosting (If running AdKats on your layers)

This would run the newest version (v3.0)

Will still be available to run on your own hardware

Will have extra features that are not available for an open source setup (still need to think of good things )

Able to use your own domain name with the proper DNS setup.

Both Above

Please let me know what you think of this idea and vote in the poll. Again not confirming anything like this will happen but if I get enough interest from the community for something like this then please let me know.

Disclaimer: This will NOT be something affiliated with MyRCON but will be ran through it in terms of a payment processor.
      • 10 replies

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.