Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ImportBot

Locker+metro

Question

Originally Posted by B7ackhawk*:

Hello guys can edit this code warning only on procon ?

its spamming on chat(in game ) i want warning only on procon

cus player cant reed rules or spambot....

/* Version: V0.8/R1 */

String kCounter = killer.Name + "_TreatAsOne_Count";

TimeSpan time = TimeSpan.FromSeconds(5); // Activations within 5 seconds count as 1

int warnings = 0;

if (server.Data.issetInt(kCounter)) warnings = server.Data.getInt(kCounter);

/*

The first time through, warnings is zero. Whether this is an isolated

activation or the first of a sequence of activations in a short period

of time, do something on this first time through.

*/

String msg = "none";

if (warnings == 0) {

msg = plugin.R("Attention %k_n%! Do not use %w_n%!"); // First warning message

plugin.SendGlobalMessage(msg);

plugin.PRoConChat("ADMIN > " + msg);

server.Data.setInt(kCounter, warnings+1);

return false;

}

/*

The second and subsequent times through, check to make sure we are not

getting multiple activations in a short period of time. Ignore if

less than the time span required.

*/

if (limit.Activations(killer.Name, time) > 1) return false;

/*

We get here only if there was exactly one activation in the time span

*/

if (warnings >= 1) {

msg = plugin.R("Killing %k_n% for ignoring warnings and killing with %w_n%!");

plugin.SendGlobalMessage(msg);

plugin.PRoConChat("ADMIN > " + msg);

plugin.PRoConEvent(msg, "Insane Limits");

plugin.KillPlayer(killer.Name, 5);

}

server.Data.setInt(kCounter, warnings+1);

return false;

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

8 answers to this question

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

You have people dying for using banned weapons, they need to know why they are dying. The person they killed also needs to know that the person was rightfully slain. Moving these messages to a hidden section is not a good idea.

You have people dying for using banned weapons, they need to know why they are dying. The person they killed also needs to know that the person was rightfully slain. Moving these messages to a hidden section is not a good idea.

but its spaming so mach and its anoyying

but its spaming so mach and its anoyying

If it's causing spam then you aren't getting rule breakers out of your server fast enough. Doing a standard kill/kick/ban is usually just fine, but it looks like there is only killing in this script, no kicks or bans.

Once your server learns the rules the messages will be less, and especially if you actually kick the rule breakers as a second warning.

If it's causing spam then you aren't getting rule breakers out of your server fast enough. Doing a standard kill/kick/ban is usually just fine, but it looks like there is only killing in this script, no kicks or bans.

Once your server learns the rules the messages will be less, and especially if you actually kick the rule breakers as a second warning.

yeah its just kill . we dont have mach player and i dont like kick player

yeah its just kill . we dont have mach player and i dont like kick player

Ok, then this will need more admin interaction on your part. Something needs to be done about the players breaking the rules so the script isn't spamming your chat, but removing the messages is not the answer.

Try to figure out a way to make people behave without kicking them, or only kick them if they are a particularly annoying player and they are constantly breaking the rules.

Ok, then this will need more admin interaction on your part. Something needs to be done about the players breaking the rules so the script isn't spamming your chat, but removing the messages is not the answer.

Try to figure out a way to make people behave without kicking them, or only kick them if they are a particularly annoying player and they are constantly breaking the rules.

im owner ! its not 10 player breaking the rules most of them

im owner ! its not 10 player breaking the rules most of them

Constantly only slaying the players will not make them behave. If you don't want to kick them you'll need to find another way to handle it.

I'm not sure how you being the server owner affects this, either way it will take more admin time from you or your team to handle people you don't want to just kick out. Perhaps throw rule breakers to the losing team? That could cause balance issues though, and they will likely just continue breaking the rules on that team because they are angry now. You're in a pickle man, allowing people like that to stay is a difficult thing to handle.

The only thing i can think of to handle it would be to write a script which holds them dead for a period of time without kicking them. Like putting the player in timeout. I could try adding that to AdKats if I get the chance.

Constantly only slaying the players will not make them behave. If you don't want to kick them you'll need to find another way to handle it.

I'm not sure how you being the server owner affects this, either way it will take more admin time from you or your team to handle people you don't want to just kick out. Perhaps throw rule breakers to the losing team? That could cause balance issues though, and they will likely just continue breaking the rules on that team because they are angry now. You're in a pickle man, allowing people like that to stay is a difficult thing to handle.

The only thing i can think of to handle it would be to write a script which holds them dead for a period of time without kicking them. Like putting the player in timeout. I could try adding that to AdKats if I get the chance.

Honestly i want run AdKats but I have difficulty because my English is bad

if there some one help me I will appreciate this

• Our picks

• Hi All,

So I've been thinking about doing something like this for a while but I always talked myself out of it. I want to get some feedback on this idea and how many would think about using it if it was offered.

In the past I know how hard it was for some users to get a MySQL database going and running the BFACP (since it's a bit requirement heavy in some cases). What I would be doing is offering to manage both of these for you.

If enough interest was shown in something like this I would definitely think about doing it. Of course, I also know the risks I would be taking in something like this, but to list what I would be offering I guess is this.

MySQL Hosting

Daily backups of the database to a remote site & option to download it yourself.

No limit on how big your database can be (within reason).

BFACP Hosting (If running AdKats on your layers)

This would run the newest version (v3.0)

Will still be available to run on your own hardware

Will have extra features that are not available for an open source setup (still need to think of good things )

Able to use your own domain name with the proper DNS setup.

Both Above

Please let me know what you think of this idea and vote in the poll. Again not confirming anything like this will happen but if I get enough interest from the community for something like this then please let me know.

Disclaimer: This will NOT be something affiliated with MyRCON but will be ran through it in terms of a payment processor.
      • 10 replies

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.