Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ImportBot

Can anything be done about hackers on Official?

Question

Originally Posted by staleturd*:

Are there any options? We run official to get the traffic, but inevitably hackers join and clean the place out. We're trying to establish enough traffic to go over to ranked, but obviously this is hard, and requires active seeding. Is there anything that can be done?

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

2 answers to this question

Originally Posted by ty_ger07*:

No, not really.

In official mode, you can do almost nothing to control the server. You are essentially providing a server for EA to use -- for free -- according to EA's wishes.

Originally Posted by IRussao*:

I posted on Minionsofdoom discord a "how-to" explaining how to do a oficial kick, it's possible to make proconrulz script or even add it to bf4db or adkats.

Here is my entire post:

**///**

I do not accept any responsibility and will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you whatsoever arising out of or in connection with any ability/inability to use this information, I will not offer any kind of support. Use at Your Own Risk!

**///**

BF4 Official Kick

There are multiple ways to kick a player from a BF4 official server, once you send a command, the player will be kicked till Punkbuster server get restarted.

You can kick players by using these punkbuster commands(on console):

PB_SV_ProtectName (A player with a protected name can't stay on server)

PB_SV_ProtectTag (A player with a protected tag can't stay on server)

PB_SV_CVAR (any CVAR rule to trigger a punkbuster violation)

PB_SV_ProtectName Player_name

PB_SV_ProtectTag Player_tag

PB_SV_CVAR name EXCLUDE Player_name

(This will kick any player that has a cvar "name == player_name", if you find others CVARs you can use, "player/server" must have a CVAR)

From the 3 options to kick, the "best" one to do is PB_SV_CVAR, because you can make custom kicks, but it need a little bit of scripting.

Bu it's possible to do on console as well, for instance you can do like this:

PB_SV_CVAR "name: Auto-kick by anticheat plugin etc..." EXCLUDE Player_name

The player will be kicked but it may take 10 seconds to 1 minute and 14 seconds to kick.

PB_SV_ProtectName may take more, but always work.

To speed up CVAR Kick, you need to do a few others commands before the one that does the kick, don't ask me why, it just work like that:

PB_SV_CvarEmpty

PB_SV_CVARVAL name Player_name

PB_SV_CVAR "name: " EXCLUDE Player_name

PB_SV_CVARVAL name Player_name

When you do PB_SV_CvarEmpty, it clear any cvar rule, so you need to wait for the player get kicked, if you try to do 2 kicks using this method, only the last player will be kicked.

if you want to do more, just remove PB_SV_CvarEmpty command.

You can do PB_SV_ProtectName as many as you want.

If a player that got kicked, rejoin, then if you try to kick again, it will take 1 minute and 14 seconds for the kick to take effect.

If you send the command before the player spawn, it will take 1 minute and 14 seconds for the kick to take effect.

This does not prevent a server crash, as soon as the cheater spawn, he can crash it under 10 seconds, if there was a way to speed up these commands, then it could work.

EOF

• Our picks

• Hi All,

So I've been thinking about doing something like this for a while but I always talked myself out of it. I want to get some feedback on this idea and how many would think about using it if it was offered.

In the past I know how hard it was for some users to get a MySQL database going and running the BFACP (since it's a bit requirement heavy in some cases). What I would be doing is offering to manage both of these for you.

If enough interest was shown in something like this I would definitely think about doing it. Of course, I also know the risks I would be taking in something like this, but to list what I would be offering I guess is this.

MySQL Hosting

Daily backups of the database to a remote site & option to download it yourself.

No limit on how big your database can be (within reason).

BFACP Hosting (If running AdKats on your layers)

This would run the newest version (v3.0)

Will still be available to run on your own hardware

Will have extra features that are not available for an open source setup (still need to think of good things )

Able to use your own domain name with the proper DNS setup.

Both Above

Please let me know what you think of this idea and vote in the poll. Again not confirming anything like this will happen but if I get enough interest from the community for something like this then please let me know.

Disclaimer: This will NOT be something affiliated with MyRCON but will be ran through it in terms of a payment processor.
      • 10 replies

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.