Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ImportBot

Server Crashers, cheaters crashing server

Question

Originally Posted by Timm*:

Hello.

Last time we have problem, after bannig some cheaters they begin attack our servers with crashing (restarting) them.

We contact our GSP, and they said it's game bug and only DICE can fix it.

What we can do with this? They crahing our server 10-15 times per day.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

12 answers to this question

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

Unfortunately if they are exploiting a bug with the server i haven't seen anyone combat this successfully.

Hey Col.

Time passes, but we still suffer.

We know who doing it, we have Callstack log with nikname and ban every day 2-3 account.

But the account is not a problem, they can buy new. May be you can add feature to Adlats with the help of which we can kick all players who have never played on the server?

That is, all who have already played on the server can access it, and if they did not go to the server, they will not be allowed.

Why? We everyday have 10 crashe server, and ban new account, but they buy new and connect to server and crashe it again and again every day

Hey Col.

We know who doing it, we have Callstack log with nikname and ban every day 2-3 account.

But the account is not a problem, they can buy new. May be you can add feature to Adlats with the help of which we can kick all players who have never played on the server?

That is, all who have already played on the server can access it, and if they did not go to the server, they will not be allowed.

Why? We everyday have 10 crashe server, and ban new account, but they buy new and connect to server and crashe it again and again every day

I could do that, sure. Just add a setting which auto-kicks anyone who was first seen recently. How long does it take after they join to cause it to crash?

Hey Col.

Version 7.0.1.18

Orchestration Settings

Auto-Kick Players Who First Joined After This Date

Version 7.0.1.18

Orchestration Settings

Auto-Kick Players Who First Joined After This Date

Thank you very much, will test today.

After joining they stay on server from 2 to 11 minutes

@ColColonCleaner, now they again begin crashing, and i contact support and take log and know nickname, now crasher banned and im enable new feature "Auto-Kick Players Who First Joined After This Date" i hope this help.

we get a message on new joined and kicked player?

@ColColonCleaner, now they again begin crashing, and i contact support and take log and know nickname, now crasher banned and im enable new feature "Auto-Kick Players Who First Joined After This Date" i hope this help.

we get a message on new joined and kicked player?

Turn on player leave and disconnect messages in the procon chat tab, you'll see the kicks there. I intentionally did not add any server-wide message for this as it might cause a lot of spam.

What date did you set it to? Today's date?

Okay thank you for you great work on one of perfect plugin for BF servers.

Now new feature enabled and we are waiting on how it will help, later i let know here.

Another one idea

all crasher account had Ip's which are seen as a proxy service like this https://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/185.216.35.82 it would be good if you can make some feature and kick players who use proxy, I understand that this is much more complicated than what you did above, but nevertheless, this is also not a bad idea, since normal players will never use a proxy service.

Thank you for you work.

Looks like it working, thank you very much.

We have several servers, and on some I turned on this feature, and for some there is not, so servers with enabled features not crashing now, but servers not protected from new players had 3 crashe per hour.

Thank you.

One moment:

1) maybe you can give us right for change Kick message?

2) maybe you can add white list, example we want add some trusted players to database.

Looks like it working, thank you very much.

We have several servers, and on some I turned on this feature, and for some there is not, so servers with enabled features not crashing now, but servers not protected from new players had 3 crashe per hour.

Thank you.

One moment:

1) maybe you can give us right for change Kick message?

2) maybe you can add white list, example we want add some trusted players to database.

Changing the kick message could cause the players to realize what is happening. I would suggest leaving it as it is, completely generic. But if you still insist on having a setting i can add one.

The script is very simple right now, threw it together in about 10 minutes, making it work with special player tables would take more time. I'll see if I can carve out more time to work on this.

Changing kick message not that important.

Thank you, new feature very help, and crashing stoped last 2 days.

Originally Posted by unconvincible*:

How long does it take after they join to cause it to crash?

They only have to reach the loading/spawn screen, once there they can instantly crash the server. There might be a way to crash a server without loading that far, maybe there is also a way to crash a server without having to connect to it, who knows. But I don't know of such way.

Most hackers that find such exploits won't share this with the public nor with other people at all. This is because they know this would ruin the game.

Also the ESP is right, there is nothing they can do about it. DICE is and will be the only one that can fix thoose exploits. That said, DICE won't put that much effort into BF4 to fix theese issues. They were lately fixing some issues, but I guess there are a lot more...

• Our picks

• Hi All,

So I've been thinking about doing something like this for a while but I always talked myself out of it. I want to get some feedback on this idea and how many would think about using it if it was offered.

In the past I know how hard it was for some users to get a MySQL database going and running the BFACP (since it's a bit requirement heavy in some cases). What I would be doing is offering to manage both of these for you.

If enough interest was shown in something like this I would definitely think about doing it. Of course, I also know the risks I would be taking in something like this, but to list what I would be offering I guess is this.

MySQL Hosting

Daily backups of the database to a remote site & option to download it yourself.

No limit on how big your database can be (within reason).

BFACP Hosting (If running AdKats on your layers)

This would run the newest version (v3.0)

Will still be available to run on your own hardware

Will have extra features that are not available for an open source setup (still need to think of good things )

Able to use your own domain name with the proper DNS setup.

Both Above

Please let me know what you think of this idea and vote in the poll. Again not confirming anything like this will happen but if I get enough interest from the community for something like this then please let me know.

Disclaimer: This will NOT be something affiliated with MyRCON but will be ran through it in terms of a payment processor.
      • 10 replies

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.