Sign in to follow this  
ImportBot

Everyone dead

Question

Originally Posted by SOUTH*:

Hi all

small prob i have with procon which i need some help with.

For the last 2 weeks procon shows all players dead with a skull next to each players name.Also no country flags show.

I have restarted server and turned off and on various pluggins with no luck so now need help

thanks in advance

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

13 answers to this question

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

Hi all

small prob i have with procon which i need some help with.

For the last 2 weeks procon shows all players dead with a skull next to each players name.Also no country flags show.

I have restarted server and turned off and on various pluggins with no luck so now need help

thanks in advance

if you connect procon directly to your server instead of connecting to a hosted layer does that fix the problem?

Originally Posted by leibhold*:

I see dead people.....

not sure what you mean by connecting by server but if i stop procon in gameservers pb shows active when procon is started server becomes custom pb not activated

not sure what you mean by connecting by server but if i stop procon in gameservers pb shows active when procon is started server becomes custom pb not activated

I mean connecting your procon client, on your computer, directly to your game server. You use your battlefield server IP, rcon port, and rcon password, no username. Turn off your procon layer and try this, does it work?

no Still the same also re installed procon server and program same issue every shows dead no country flags showing also Punkbuster greyed out no tick not activated

I reinstalled bf3 server as well

no Still the same also re installed procon server and program same issue every shows dead no country flags showing also Punkbuster greyed out no tick not activated

I reinstalled bf3 server as well

Oh, you're running a hacked version of the server, that explains it. Please do not continue interactions with these forums. Thank you.

WTF you talking about nothing hacked all legit?

Procon server from gameservers

Bf3 server from gameservers

Problem which is why im here

so Whats your problem apart from being unhelpful and rude as a senior forum member i would expect more if not maybe its time to give it up.

Or perhaps you don t want newbies on your forum that don t have as much knowledge about servers

WTF you talking about nothing hacked all legit?

Procon server from gameservers

Bf3 server from gameservers

Problem which is why im here

so Whats your problem apart from being unhelpful and rude as a senior forum member i would expect more if not maybe its time to give it up.

Or perhaps you don t want newbies on your forum that don t have as much knowledge about servers

My mistake, reinstalling the game server and procon at the same time implied it was on your local machine, which is not allowed. Illegitimate servers usually end up having random issues with rcon protocols like you described. If all is legit then you're fine. Not sure why you immediately jumped to personal insults instead of simply clarifying your server was legit, but i'll run with it.

Flags not showing up could mean that the IP data file procon uses to determine which country a player's from is out of date. Although that usually just means that some of the players will be missing flags, not all of them.

As for death markers constantly next to players that's more odd. Perhaps the spawn events aren't working properly, that's supposed to clear off that marker. Connect your local procon instance to your server to setup proconrulz or another customizable tool like that to post a message in chat when player's spawn. Then spawn into the server and see if the message is posted as you'd expect. You should also see a blue highlight on your player's row in procon's player list.

As for punkbuster, check that with your layer host, unless you have specifically toggled the punkbuster option off in procon under the configuration tab it should remain active.

My mistake, reinstalling the game server and procon at the same time implied it was on your local machine, which is not allowed. Illegitimate servers usually end up having random issues with rcon protocols like you described. If all is legit then you're fine. Not sure why you immediately jumped to personal insults instead of simply clarifying your server was legit, but i'll run with it.

Flags not showing up could mean that the IP data file procon uses to determine which country a player's from is out of date. Although that usually just means that some of the players will be missing flags, not all of them.

As for death markers constantly next to players that's more odd. Perhaps the spawn events aren't working properly, that's supposed to clear off that marker. Connect your local procon instance to your server to setup proconrulz or another customizable tool like that to post a message in chat when player's spawn. Then spawn into the server and see if the message is posted as you'd expect. You should also see a blue highlight on your player's row in procon's player list.

As for punkbuster, check that with your layer host, unless you have specifically toggled the punkbuster option off in procon under the configuration tab it should remain active.

Ok thank you i will give this a go

have tried suggested but it is the same result here is an image is it worth showing game configScreenshot (1).png

also this is startup text

admin.password "xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

punkBuster.activate

vars.serverName "UKM- NO JETS ALLOWED !!! ukmessy.co.uk"

vars.serverDescription "Welcome To A GameServers.com Hosted BF3 Server!"

vars.friendlyFire false

vars.idleTimeout 300

vars.teamKillCountForKick 5

vars.teamKillValueForKick 4

vars.teamKillValueIncrease 1

vars.teamKillValueDecreasePerSecond 0

vars.autoBalance true

vars.killCam true

vars.miniMap true

vars.3dSpotting true

vars.miniMapSpotting true

vars.3pCam true

vars.bannerUrl ""

vars.maxPlayers 24

vars.idleBanRounds 0

vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed true

vars.vehicleSpawnDelay 30

vars.bulletDamage 100

vars.nameTag true

vars.regenerateHealth true

vars.roundRestartPlayerCount 0

vars.roundStartPlayerCount 4

vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn false

vars.unlockMode "stats"

vars.gunMasterWeaponsPreset 0

vars.soldierHealth 100

vars.hud true

vars.playerManDownTime 100

vars.playerRespawnTime 100

vars.gameModeCounter 250

vars.ctfRoundTimeModifier 100

vars.serverMessage "OUR RULES: NO JETS even for transport,NO vehicle steal from base, NO Baserape, NO Fire into or from base, Join squad no squad lock,If admin says no chopper then no chopper allowed,No insult"

reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin false

vars.roundLockdownCountdown 15

vars.roundWarmupTimeout 600

vars.premiumStatus false

Thanks guys for all the fantastic help

Problem seems to have sorted itself out

Thanks guys for all the fantastic help

Problem seems to have sorted itself out

Glad it was resolved. Cheers.

Originally Posted by spatieman*:

His server is legit, i play often on it, cheers South !, see you around..