Insane Limits V0.9/R6: Vote to nuke camping/base raping team, or !surrender (CQ/Rush)

ImportBot

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

Thank you alot :smile:! (I am so happy this works)

I removed the old line and inserted the new one. Seems to work :smile:.

On last thing, is it possible to threat the winners and losers equal like everyone votes for the same? And the team with the most tickets wins standard.

So what I mean like make !surrender obsolete.

But think that through. Suppose one team is winning by a small margin, say 700 to 680 tickets. If everyone can vote to end the round and only 4 votes are needed, 4 players on the winning team can vote and immediately end the round, guaranteeing the win for them and spoiling the game for the "losers".

In other-words, letting everyone vote is easily exploitable for cheating.

That's why the original code used a percentage and a high one at that. At least half of the players on a team had to vote to end the round. Plus, the winning team is restricted so that they can't have more votes than the losing team. And there is also a minPlayers limit, defaulted to 16, meaning at least 8 players per team to enable voting in the first place. You can change the value of minPlayers, though.

In any case, !surrender and !votenext already mean the same thing. If you want to just delete the !surrender part of the Regex.Match, that's fine. The commands are identical. You could leave it in and just tell players that the only command that works is !votenext.

I am really sorry for the storm of questions but i am totally new in the world of servers.

And also, for now i can modify relative easy commands now in Insanelimits but how to make a function work, I really do not know that yet.

I understand if it is to much trouble.

EDIT:

I already managed to get !votenext to !voterestart as command, by only changing *next* in this line, is that also enough, it works but everywhere i see votenext standing?

I think its ok like this or am I missing something?

"Match nextMatch = Regex.Match(player.LastChat, @"^\s*[@!](_:surrender|vote\s*restart)", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);"

To be clear, the code from post #10 does not restart the round, it ends the current round with the winner having the most tickets and runs the next round in order.

So !voterestart doesn't make sense.

The only way to give credit to the winner is by ending the current round, restarting a round does not give anyone credit. Do you really want it to restart the current round and ignore the winner? If so, you have to change the post #10 code as follows.

Find this line of code towards the bottom of second_check:

Code:

plugin.ServerCommand("mapList.endRound", wid);
And change it to this:

Code:

plugin.ServerCommand("mapList.restartRound");
Finally, there's a couple of other places where you need to change !votenext to !voterestart, if you are really going to do that. There are chat messages that have to change.

Find this code in second_check:

Code:

if (firstTime) {
		msg = remain + " " + voters + " !surrender or " + otherVoters + " !votenext votes needed to end round with " + Convert.ToInt32(Math.Ceiling(timeout - since.TotalMinutes)) + " minutes left!";
	} else {
		msg = remain + " !surrender/!votenext needed to end round with " + Convert.ToInt32(Math.Ceiling(timeout - since.TotalMinutes)) + " mins left!";
	}
Find all the !votenext in that code and change to !voterestart. You can also remove the !surrender from those messages too if you want.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally Posted by Senshin*:

I think you made my day, I am going to check this out and going to change the script and later when finished I will post it.

I am running a No levolution server, that's why I call it voterestart, and it's just one map so, I think I keep it @ end round to finish the round probably, just name in different.

Thank you for your work. Your awesome and should continue this.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Syrok*:

Hi Papa,

my !surrender option wont work, maybe i can ask for your help?

ive just installed insame limits, procon and insane are up2date.

''''''''''''''''''

Edit:

ok, iam stupid, i set both options to Code then first to expression ... xDD

Thanks!

Hey Papa, how can i initiate a yell msg when the minTicketGap is reached? :smile:

You didn't say ...

1) which limit/post # you are using, I'll assume post #1.

2) whether you want the yell to be only to the person typing in the vote command or to everyone, I assume just to the person typing in the command

3) what you want to yell, I'll assume the same message sent to the player in chat

Based on all those assumptions, find this code in post #1:

Code:

double t1 = server.RemainTickets(1);
double t2 = server.RemainTickets(2);
if (Math.Abs(t1 - t2) < minTicketGap) {
    msg = "Ticket counts too close to hold a vote!";
    ChatPlayer(player.Name);
    return false;
}
Add the line in red:

Code:

ChatPlayer(player.Name);
    plugin.SendPlayerYell(player.Name, msg, 10);
    return false;
}

Originally Posted by TMiland*:

You didn't say ...

1) which limit/post # you are using, I'll assume post #1.

2) whether you want the yell to be only to the person typing in the vote command or to everyone, I assume just to the person typing in the command

3) what you want to yell, I'll assume the same message sent to the player in chat

Based on all those assumptions, find this code in post #1:

Code:

ChatPlayer(player.Name);
    return false;
}
Add the line in red:

Code:

ChatPlayer(player.Name);
    plugin.SendPlayerYell(player.Name, msg, 10);
    return false;
}
Well, i see that i didn't explain how i wanted this, but i was thinking to notify the loosing/baseraped team to initiate a vote when the minTicketGap is reached, or if you have any better ideas, it would be much appreciated. :smile:

Well, i see that i didn't explain how i wanted this, but i was thinking to notify the loosing/baseraped team to initiate a vote when the minTicketGap is reached, or if you have any better ideas, it would be much appreciated. :smile:

The minTicketGap prevents voting from happening. So the yell would be that votes can no longer be made because tickets are only 50 or less apart. Is that what you meant? That would take a whole new limit.

If instead you mean a yell that happens when a maximum ticket gap is reached, like to encourage voting to end the round if tickets are more than 300 apart, that also would require a completely new limit.

If instead you mean a yell that happens when a maximum ticket gap is reached, like to encourage voting to end the round if tickets are more than 300 apart, that also would require a completely new limit.

Yeah, thats what i mean, instead of spamming the messages all the time, it would be better to yell it once if one team is beeing baseraped. :smile:

Yeah, thats what i mean, instead of spamming the messages all the time, it would be better to yell it once if one team is beeing baseraped. :smile:

Create a limit to evaluate OnSpawn, call it "Yell Vote Reminder", leave Action set to None.

Set first_check to this Expression:

Code:

(Math.Abs(team1.RemainTickets - team2.RemainTickets) > 300)
You can change 300 to whatever you want the maximum gap to be.

Set second_check to this code:

Code:

if (limit.Activations() > 1) return false; // Only send yell once

String msg = "Type !votenext to end this round now"; // CHANGE
plugin.SendGlobalYell(msg, 10);
plugin.SendGlobalMessage(msg);
plugin.PRoConChat("ADMIN > " + msg);
return false;
This will only yell the message once per round, even if the gap closes (gets smaller) and then goes over the max again. You can change the text of the message by changing the line that ends with // CHANGE. The 10 is the number of seconds the yell is displayed, you can change that too if you want.

Create a limit to evaluate OnSpawn, call it "Yell Vote Reminder", leave Action set to None.

Set first_check to this Expression:

Code:

(Math.Abs(team1.RemainTickets - team2.RemainTickets) > 300)
You can change 300 to whatever you want the maximum gap to be.

Set second_check to this code:

Code:

if (limit.Activations() > 1) return false; // Only send yell once

String msg = "Type !votenext to end this round now"; // CHANGE
plugin.SendGlobalYell(msg, 10);
plugin.SendGlobalMessage(msg);
plugin.PRoConChat("ADMIN > " + msg);
return false;
This will only yell the message once per round, even if the gap closes (gets smaller) and then goes over the max again. You can change the text of the message by changing the line that ends with // CHANGE. The 10 is the number of seconds the yell is displayed, you can change that too if you want.
Thank you PapaCharlie9! :biggrin:

Will this encourage players to maybe vote even though they aren't baseraped? I am using the nuke version of the script, and it would be wrong if the loosing team was voting to nuke the winning team if they where not being baseraped. :P

I have also added a autoresponder, that yells if someone writes "baserape" or "base rape" in chat.

https://github.com/tmiland/ProconLim...toResponder.cs

Maybe that is a better way of handling this?

What's your opinion on this Papa? :smile:

Thank you PapaCharlie9! :biggrin:

Will this encourage players to maybe vote even though they aren't baseraped? I am using the nuke version of the script, and it would be wrong if the loosing team was voting to nuke the winning team if they where not being baseraped. :P

Oh, you aren't using the !surrender version? That does change things. I wouldn't use the yell if all players can do is !votecamp to nuke.

I have also added a autoresponder, that yells if someone writes "baserape" or "base rape" in chat.

https://github.com/tmiland/ProconLim...toResponder.cs

Maybe that is a better way of handling this?

What's your opinion on this Papa? :smile:

That auto responder might be all you need, though I would change the Regex.Match pattern to:

@"(_:base\s*rape|raping|camping)"

Players sometimes type "camping" rather than "raping". And base\s*rape already includes "baserape".

Oh, you aren't using the !surrender version? That does change things. I wouldn't use the yell if all players can do is !votecamp to nuke.

That auto responder might be all you need, though I would change the Regex.Match pattern to:

@"(_:base\s*rape|raping|camping)"

Players sometimes type "camping" rather than "raping". And base\s*rape already includes "baserape".

Thanks for pointing that out!

Will that regex just match basecamping and base camping, baseraping and base raping, basecamping and base camping?

Or will it trigger on just camping and raping? :P

Thanks for pointing that out!

Will that regex just match basecamping and base camping, baseraping and base raping, basecamping and base camping?

Or will it trigger on just camping and raping? :P

All of the above. I've seen people type just "camping" and just "raping" or "rape" when they mean base camping and base raping. Of course, they also type those words for random other reasons.

All of the above. I've seen people type just "camping" and just "raping" or "rape" when they mean base camping and base raping. Of course, they also type those words for random other reasons.

Okay, then i'll remove camping, since i don't want it to be yelled all the time. :smile:
  • 4 weeks later...

Originally Posted by EdgarAllan*:

Give this a try. Let me know if there are any compilation errors. Follow the steps in post #1, but use this code for second_check instead of the code in post #1.

Changes:

* !surrender or !votenext instead of !votecamp, as in vote to go to the next round -- losing team would use !surrender, winning team would use !votenext, though in truth, either team could use either command, they both do the same thing

* ends the round with the leading team getting the win

* either team may vote, not limited to the losing team

As instructed, I am putting my post in this thread....

New Request: Admin Yell/Chat message upon certain ticket percentage remaining

Hello, I'm looking for a script that will perform an admin yell and admin chat to all players when one team has 50% (or any configurable percentage) that the opposing team does (ie: 350 vs 700 tickets). The yell/chat should also not occur if the total tickets in the game/on a team are below a certain configurable percentage (20% for example).

I want to use this as a way to inform players in a completely lopsided Conquest game that they can utilize the !surrender command (created by PapaCharlie on one of the first pages of the thread).

It would probably even be more awesome if there is a minimum ticket gap size before the message would be enabled as well.

This might also be something that could be added onto the current !surrender limit.

Thanks for any help guys.

New Request: Admin Yell/Chat message upon certain ticket percentage remaining

I'll provide a way to limit the messages sent per round, so that if the gap bounces above and below the threshold during the round, you'll only see the message X times. I also sent the message only to the losing team. If you want it to go to all, change the SendTeamXXX functions to SendGlobalXXX functions and remove the team id parameter.

The ticket ratio is expressed as a percentile of the leading team's tickets over the losing team's tickets, with "200" meaning the leading team has twice as many tickets as the losing team. Must be greater than 100.

Create a limit to evaluate OnSpawn, call it "Gap Warning". If this is a small server with a relatively low kill/spawn rate, use OnIntervalServer set to 15 seconds instead.

This limit works for simple count-down modes only (Conquest, Domination). Won't work for TDM or Rush.

Set first_check to this Code:

Code:

/* SETTINGS */

double ticketRatio = 200; // Percentage of larger over smaller, must be more than 100 // CHANGE
int maxMessages = 3; // CHANGE
String warning = "{0} team, you are {1} tickets behind, use !surrender to end the round now!"; // CHANGE
// {0} is the losing team faction, {1} is the gap in tickets

/* CODE */

double t1 = Math.Max(1, server.RemainTickets(1));
double t2 = Math.Max(1, server.RemainTickets(2));
int leader = (t1 > t2) _ 1 : 2;
int trailer = (t1 > t2) _ 2 : 1;
double ratio = (t1 > t2) _ (t1/t2) : (t2/t1);

if (ratio * 100 < ticketRatio)
    return false;

int count = 0;
String key = "GapWarning";
if (plugin.RoundData.issetInt(key))
    count = plugin.RoundData.getInt(key);
if (count >= maxMessages)
    return false;

double diff = Math.Abs(t1 - t2);

String[] factionName = new String[]{"US", "RU", "CN"};
int faction = server.GetFaction(trailer);
String teamName = (faction >= 0 && faction <= 2) _ factionName[faction] : "__";
String msg = String.Format(warning, teamName, diff.ToString("F0"));

plugin.SendTeamMessage(trailer, msg);
plugin.SendTeamYell(trailer, msg, 12);
plugin.PRoConChat("ADMIN > Gap Warning: " + msg);

count = count + 1;
plugin.RoundData.setInt(key, count);

return false;

Hi, I was looking for a limit that would allow the players would be able to change the map with a chat buzzword @lag. Once every 0-2 days the server will start to rubberband, and followed up by a blaze dump. I would like to get the players their points, and hopefully the next map will run smoother...

Start with the limit in post #10 above, the !surrender version.

myrcon.net/...insane-limits-v09r6-vote-to-nuke-campingbase-raping-team-or-surrender#entry28837

Find this line of code:

Code:

Match nextMatch = Regex.Match(player.LastChat, @"^\s*[@!](_:surrender|vote\s*next)", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);
And change it to this:

Code:

Match nextMatch = Regex.Match(player.LastChat, @"^\s*[@!](_:surrender|lag)", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);
That allows either @lag or !surrender (or !lag or @surrender) to be used.

You then should go through the code and find any chat or yell messages that need updating, like:

Code:

msg = remain + " " + voters + " !surrender or " + otherVoters + " !votenext votes needed to end round with " + Convert.ToInt32(Math.Ceiling(timeout - since.TotalMinutes)) + " minutes left!";
You could change that to:

Code:

msg = remain + " " + voters + " @surrender or " + otherVoters + " @lag votes needed to end round with " + Convert.ToInt32(Math.Ceiling(timeout - since.TotalMinutes)) + " minutes left!";
The usually start with msg =.

Originally Posted by Sorry*:

Thank you! Actually the !surrender function will come in handy also.

Start with the limit in post #10 above, the !surrender version.

myrcon.net/...insane-limits-v09r6-vote-to-nuke-campingbase-raping-team-or-surrender#entry28837

Find this line of code:

Code:

Match nextMatch = Regex.Match(player.LastChat, @"^\s*[@!](_:surrender|vote\s*next)", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);
And change it to this:

Code:

Match nextMatch = Regex.Match(player.LastChat, @"^\s*[@!](_:surrender|lag)", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);
That allows either @lag or !surrender (or !lag or @surrender) to be used.

You then should go through the code and find any chat or yell messages that need updating, like:

Code:

You could change that to:

Code:

msg = remain + " " + voters + " @surrender or " + otherVoters + " @lag votes needed to end round with " + Convert.ToInt32(Math.Ceiling(timeout - since.TotalMinutes)) + " minutes left!";
The usually start with msg =.

Originally Posted by Alex-B*:

Hello, what could it be?

Code:

Thread(settings): ERROR: 1 error compiling Code
Thread(settings): ERROR: (CS1002, line: 27, column: 82):  ; expected

Hello, what could it be?

Code:

Thread(settings): ERROR: (CS1002, line: 27, column: 82):  ; expected
Which version of which limit did you try? There are several in this thread. Be detailed and specific.
  • 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Prakaza*:

I have a problems in this lines, what i must to do?

Plaguin version 0.9.16.0

Procon version 1.4.2.3.

battlefield4 - /* VERSION 0.9.15/R8 - surrender */

Thread(settings): ERROR: (CS1002, line: 27, column: 82): ; expected

I have a problems in this lines, what i must to do?

Plaguin version 0.9.16.0

Procon version 1.4.2.3.

battlefield4 - /* VERSION 0.9.15/R8 - surrender */

Thread(settings): ERROR: (CS1002, line: 27, column: 82): ; expected

Make sure first_check is set to Expression, not Code.

Originally Posted by CoVeX*:

Hi Guys,

i have a Problem, the R8 !votenuke doesn´t work on my bf4 server. Can anyone help me with how to?

1... step

2... step

3... step

4... step

i hope you know what i mean, sorry for my english but my german it better ;-)

PS: the Video doesn´t work in Germany about musik in this video :-(

Hi Guys,

i have a Problem, the R8 !votenuke doesn´t work on my bf4 server. Can anyone help me with how to?

1... step

2... step

3... step

4... step

i hope you know what i mean, sorry for my english but my german it better ;-)

PS: the Video doesn´t work in Germany about musik in this video :-(

Please explain exactly how it doesn't work or what exactly the problem is.

Did you go directly to YouTube for the video? I'm surprised that the music is copyright detected for Germany, but not US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch_v=TPUqIAx8UOk&hd=1

Originally Posted by EdgarAllan*:

PapaCharlie,

Is there any way we could set a ticket floor (expressed as a percentage of start ticket amount) so this doesn't trigger when the ticket count is something like 90 vs 45? Thanks

I'll provide a way to limit the messages sent per round, so that if the gap bounces above and below the threshold during the round, you'll only see the message X times. I also sent the message only to the losing team. If you want it to go to all, change the SendTeamXXX functions to SendGlobalXXX functions and remove the team id parameter.

The ticket ratio is expressed as a percentile of the leading team's tickets over the losing team's tickets, with "200" meaning the leading team has twice as many tickets as the losing team. Must be greater than 100.

Create a limit to evaluate OnSpawn, call it "Gap Warning". If this is a small server with a relatively low kill/spawn rate, use OnIntervalServer set to 15 seconds instead.

This limit works for simple count-down modes only (Conquest, Domination). Won't work for TDM or Rush.

impossible to play video

Capture.PNG

Yes, I am aware of that and do apologize for that. Apparently in some countries, YouTube treats the background music of the video as violating copyright. It plays fine in the US. It's not my video so there isn't much I can do about it, short of making a completely new video.

PapaCharlie,

Is there any way we could set a ticket floor (expressed as a percentage of start ticket amount) so this doesn't trigger when the ticket count is something like 90 vs 45? Thanks

My bad! I reviewed the original request and you clearly asked for that feature to begin with.

Fortunately, it's easy to add. Just find these lines of code:

Code:

double t1 = Math.Max(1, server.RemainTickets(1));
double t2 = Math.Max(1, server.RemainTickets(2));
And add this immediately before:

Code:

double floorPercent = 20; // CHANGE
if (server.RemainTicketsPercent(1) <= floorPercent || server.RemainTicketsPercent(2) <= floorPercent)
    return false;
Oddly enough, this is an exception to the warning that the limit as a whole only works for count-down modes like Conquest. This particular change would work with any mode.

Originally Posted by Blaze2014*:

Hey papa i try again!Can i change this code so i can vote single player and team__Blaze

/* VERSION 0.9.15/R1 */ double percent = 50; // CUSTOMIZE: of losing team that has to vote double timeout = 5.0; // CUSTOMIZE: number of minutes before vote times out int minPlayers = 16; // CUSTOMIZE: minimum players to enable vote double minTicketPercent = 0; // CUSTOMIZE: minimum ticket percentage remaining in the round double minTicketGap = 1; // CUSTOMIZE: minimum ticket gap between winning and losing teams String kCamp = "votecamp"; String kOncePrefix = "votecamp_once_"; String kVoteTime = "votecamp_time"; int level = 2; try { level = Convert.ToInt32(plugin.getPluginVarValue("debug_le vel")); } catch (Exception e) {} String msg = "empty"; Action ChatPlayer = delegate(String name) { // closure bound to String msg plugin.ServerCommand("admin.say", msg, "player", name); plugin.PRoConChat("ADMIN to " + name + " > *** " + msg); }; /* Parse the command */ Match campMatch = Regex.Match(player.LastChat, @"^\s*!votecamp", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase); /* Bail out if not a proper vote */ if (!campMatch.Success) return false; /* Bail out if round about to end */ if (server.RemainTicketsPercent(1) = 2) plugin.ConsoleWrite("^b[VoteCamp]^n " + player.FullName + " voted to stop camping"); msg = "You voted to stop the other team from camping your deployment"; ChatPlayer(player.Name); /* Tally the votes */ int votes = 0; List losers = (losing == 1) ? team1.players : team2.players; /* Bail out if too much time has past */ if (!server.RoundData.issetObject(kVoteTime)) { server.RoundData.setObject(kVoteTime, DateTime.Now); if (level >= 2) plugin.ConsoleWrite("^b[VoteCamp]^n vote timer started"); } DateTime started = (DateTime)server.RoundData.getObject(kVoteTime); TimeSpan since = DateTime.Now.Subtract(started); if (since.TotalMinutes > timeout) { msg = "The voting time has expired, the vote is cancelled!"; plugin.SendGlobalMessage(msg); plugin.SendGlobalYell(msg, 10); if (level >= 2) plugin.ConsoleWrite("^b[VoteCamp]^n vote timeout expired"); foreach (PlayerInfoInterface can in losers) { // Erase the vote if (can.RoundData.issetBool(kCamp)) can.RoundData.unsetBool(kCamp); } server.RoundData.unsetObject(kVoteTime); /* Losing team only gets to try this vote once per round */ server.RoundData.setBool(key, true); return false; } /* Otherwise tally */ foreach(PlayerInfoInterface p in losers) { if (p.RoundData.issetBool(kCamp)) votes++; } if (level >= 3) plugin.ConsoleWrite("^b[VoteCamp]^n loser votes = " + votes + " of " + losers.Count); int needed = Convert.ToInt32(Math.Ceiling((double) losers.Count * (percent/100.0))); int remain = needed - votes; if (level >= 3) plugin.ConsoleWrite("^b[VoteCamp]^n needed = " + needed); String campers = (losing == 1) ? "RU" : "US"; // BF3 String voters = (losing == 1) ? "US" : "RU"; // BF3 if (server.GameVersion == "BF3") { String[] factionNames = new String[]{"US", "RU", "CN"}; int f1 = (team1.Faction == -1 || team1.Faction > 2) ? 0 : team1.Faction; int f2 = (team2.Faction == -1 || team2.Faction > 2) ? 1 : team2.Faction; campers = (losing == 1) ? factionNames[f2] : factionNames[f1]; voters = (losing == 1) ? factionNames[f1] : factionNames[f2]; } if (remain > 0) { msg = remain + " " + voters + " votes needed to punish " + campers + " team! " + Convert.ToInt32(Math.Ceiling(timeout - since.TotalMinutes)) + " mins left to vote!"; plugin.SendGlobalMessage(msg); plugin.SendGlobalYell(msg, 8); if (level >= 2) plugin.ConsoleWrite("^b[VoteCamp]^n " + msg); return false; } /* Punish the campers */ msg = "Vote succeeded: " + campers + " team is being nuked for camping your deployment! Break out now!"; plugin.SendTeamMessage(losing, msg); plugin.SendGlobalMessage(msg, 15); if (level >= 2) plugin.ConsoleWrite("^b[VoteCamp]^n " + msg); List bad = (losing == 1) ? team2.players : team1.players; foreach (PlayerInfoInterface nuke in bad) { plugin.KillPlayer(nuke.Name, 1); if (level >= 3) plugin.ConsoleWrite("^b[VoteCamp]^n killing " + nuke.FullName); } /* Losing team only gets to do this once */ server.RoundData.setBool(key, true); return false;

Archived