Admin Alert Plugin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Sibul*:

Can I ask if where do I need to put that. I know its inside the plugin file but any place particular?

The tada.wav file right into:

\Procon\media\

CBasicAdminAlert.cs like any other .cs file into:

\Procon\Plugins\

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Humera*:

Hiya Folks!

First of all, thank you for a wonderfull and helpfull plugin which saves us a lot of time!

Thing is, we have messages in the spambot saying which tags admins wear in game.... and the plugin catches those as well. Now, I've tried both alternatives posted in the thread (the stand-alone ignore and the added ignore) and with both inputs it will still catch the buzzword "admin".

So, am I either doing something wrong or am I missing something?

And if possible, maybe it's easier for all of us to incorporate it into the plugin itself?

Hell, I would settle for an option to ignore an exact match....

So it would catch "admin", but ignores "admins" for example :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT)*:

If your procon is being hosted for you does it still chime/systray alert the user logged into the layer coz for me nothing works.

Did you enable the plugin on your layer server?

This is not very useful since the plugins creates a popup/sound at the computer it is running at. So if you enabled the plugin on your layer server, the alert is sent to the root-server of you procon hoster.

This is one of the few plugins (if not the only one) you have to run on your "own" procon on your computer at home.

Enable it in the local plugins tab (maybe you have to activate that by going to Tools -> Options -> Advanced-> uncheck "Disable Local Plugin Tab"). You will just get notifications now when your PRoCon is running, but thats a good thing :biggrin:

Hope that helped :ohmy:

Thing is, we have messages in the spambot saying which tags admins wear in game.... and the plugin catches those as well.

So we meet again, Humera :lol:

I was also annoyed and tried to remove those annoying alerts, which showed up every 60 seconds when our rules scrolled through ingame-chat.

I solved the issues by replacing the "public void OnGlobalChat" part in the sourcecode by the one posted by Zaeed (see this post*). Worked just fine for me.

Seems as though I cannot edit the client String[]Array disabling the Plugin from working.

Can you give more information on that?

Which version of PRoCon are you using?

Which version of the Plugin are you using?

Can you alter other plugins/variables, especially other String[]Arrays?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Originally Posted by theonefreeman1202*:

Allows you to create custom alerts that can alert you with a sound, system tray alert, or both. Set the alert count number to the number of alerts you want. To test the alerts, change the test alert from "No" to "Yes".

Requirements:

Installation:

- Extract AdminAlerts.cs into your plugins directory.

- Extract the contents of the Media folder into your Procon/Media directory

Plugin Description:

AdminAlerts allows you to create and customize as many alerts as you need.

Code:

~Config
=======================================
[Number of Alerts]	The number of alerts you would like to configure.

Increasing this number adds alerts to the bottom of the list, decreasing it removes alerts from the bottom of the list.  Removed alerts do not retain their configs.

+Alert #
 [1.1 Name]	A friendly name for you to quickly and easily tell which alert has fired.
 [1.2 Enabled]	Allows you to turn on and off individual alerts without having to remove the alert or disable the plugin.
 [1.3 Keywords]	An array of words, one per line, to watch and alert for.
 [1.4 Enable Audio alerts]	Enables a sound to be played when this alert fires.
 [1.4a     Audio File]	The name of the audio file in WAV format. Place audio files in the Media directory. Default is chimes.wav.
 [1.4b     Repeat Count]	The number of times the audio file will repeat before stopping. Default is 1.
 [1.5 Enable system tray alerts]	Enables system tray notification for this alert.
 [1.6 Test alert]	Setting this to Yes will play the audio file if enabled and show the system tray test meassage if enabled.

Notes:
-- This plugin will examine each line of chat against each alert configured.  
-- Only plays .wav files in PCM format.
-- Only one sound will play at a time.  If a new alert comes in as an alert is playing, the new alert will play and the old will stop
Changelog

• Fixed bug with systray alerts not reading config file
  • Added the ability to have alerts displayed in the chat console. This does not go out to players, only displays in the local chat console.

• Initial public release
2.2 (unofficial)

• Fixed bug where buzzwords would set off alerts when buzzwords were said in the local chat console (between admins) or a buzzword was part of a name of a player.

Download 2.2 here -> AdminAlerts-2.2.zip

Attached Files:

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Sarge88*:

a quick suggestion of a feature... maybe have it so when the plugin is enabled have it display a chat msg every couple seconds(or just one) saying that if they need an admin to use that chat and prefix it with admin or something along that lines. this way the players in the game will know that there is an admin watching only when the plugin is activated/procon is turned on.

again just a suggestion.

• 11 months later...

Originally Posted by Yupster*:

After the recent procon update admin alerts does not save any settings on close - the settings default when procon is started up again.

Same problem with Admin Alerts 2.1 and the new Procon 1.4

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

After the recent procon update admin alerts does not save any settings on close - the settings default when procon is started up again.

Yup, noticed the same thing... all my settings are gone and wont save... :sad:

Hi.

That plugin lags the use of PRoConPluginAPI.

Take a look at the default plugins. Guess that would fix it.

Greets

Phil.

Hey Phil, trying to fix this myself... but I'm pretty stuck.

Been looking for other samples using the same structure / basis, but they all use the same sort of code and are also broken:

Server Settings Saver: page1/index.html*

Chat Trigger Auto Responder: page1/index.html*

The plugin does save it's settings to the config file, but does not load those settings on opening Procon again.

When closing Procon, the 'looped' settings are being reset. The standard settings (outside the loop) are still saved.

So I guess it has something to do with the foreach loop.

Care to take a look?

Originally Posted by Phil_K*:

Hi.

Care to take a look?

PRoConPluginAPI was a quick shot of idea from me, because the plugin uses a pretty old reference which shouldn't be used with actual plugins anymore. In general it should work but...

Well, even with changing to PRoConPluginAPI the plugin stops in SetPluginVariable() at load time at

Code:

Alert alert = m_dicAlerts[intOut];
Changing settings while running and the saving of settings at shutdown of Procon works.

But at the time the plugin gets the data for the first time it just stops there even with intOut correctly populated.

I haven't digged around the used class and the directory there... actually I'm more with evaluating differences

in the next BF3 patch.

In general plugins have no problem with loading and saving settings, had non on all the other plugins I use

include my own ones and the default plugins. That part wasn't changed either. What was changed is

the time the gui gets populated with the plugin settings at connection time.

Greets

Phil.

Hey Phil,

Have been looking for a solution, but it seems a bit to hard for me. :ohmy:

With help of PapaCharlie9 I made some adjustments to InsaneLimits, so it can also play soundfiles.

Hoping he will add it in a newer version of InsaneLimits, so everybody can benefit from it.

Thanks for you help anyways.

Greetings,

EB

Originally Posted by Phil_K*:

Hi.

Thanks for you help anyways.

Well, because of the BF3 R33 update there will be another Procon version released short after.

With that you will have the option to choose the new a bit faster plugin loading method with which

some older plugins have trouble or to use the old style.

So in case you can continue to use these plugins.

Greets

Phil.

Hi.

Well, because of the BF3 R33 update there will be another Procon version released short after.

With that you will have the option to choose the new a bit faster plugin loading method with which

some older plugins have trouble or to use the old style.

So in case you can continue to use these plugins.

Greets

Phil.

Nice, Phil. Thanks
  • 7 months later...

Originally Posted by cokeyed*:

I have an issue where I get the System tray alert but i do not get a sound, nothing at all. I dont know how i could fix this bcos i just started using procon, and im kinda a noob

Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx*:

I have an issue where I get the System tray alert but i do not get a sound, nothing at all. I dont know how i could fix this bcos i just started using procon, and im kinda a noob

the sound file (.wav or .mp3 file) needs to go inside the MEDIA folder of procon.

Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT)*:

Also be aware: you cannot run this plugin on your Procon layer (if you're using one), since that will make the notifications pop up at the server that's running your Procon layer, not your local computer.

If you connect to a Procon layer, install this plugin in your local Procon installation.

• 3 months later...