Insane Punisher

ImportBot

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImportBot

Originally Posted by PanamaJim*:

Is it possible that these accounts do not function in the whitelist and the clan white list?

Cause if i type in or paste the accounts of our clan mates the special character crosshair gets lost and between the accounts is a blank space.

The key to replace the crosshair is the pipe symbol. It looks like this: |

On the USA keyboard you can find the pipe symbol above the backslash key which is generally located above the return key.

We have players in our clan with the crosshair symbol and it works fine in this plugin.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by Trizik*:

is it possible to kill players for simply walking into enemy base?

No! Procon can only detect kills and death postions. There is no "movement" monitor.
how about punishing enemies who kill players using the enemy's helo?

e.g. if RU player uses US helo to kill US player, then RU player gets auto punished.

that would discourage players from walking into enemy base to steal enemy helo, right?

Originally Posted by PanamaJim*:

I loaded up the plugin and was impressed by how well it works. Many, many thanks.

There are some downsides though.

One of which is the "guest" interaction with the plugin. Is there a way to limit _which? commands our non-admin players are allowed to use? Some of my fellow admins view the ability for a non-admin to issue a command such as "!punish" as not good. While commands such as "!mystats" were incredibly well received. How about a simple "on/off" switch for each in-game command that is available? (Available to both admins and guests.) The "!insult" and "!slap" commands are hilarious but they can easily become annoying if/when the players use them too much. Currently the only way to turn those commands off is to disable the entire plugin. *sad face event*

Also, for the admin commands, can you use the already established account settings within PRoCon? As opposed to using an admin list?

And.... Is it possible to get the appropriately available commands to display when the "@help" command is used?

Awesome plugin and thanks for the great work!

Bump.

Originally Posted by micovery*:

I loaded up the plugin and was impressed by how well it works. Many, many thanks.

There are some downsides though.

One of which is the "guest" interaction with the plugin. Is there a way to limit _which? commands our non-admin players are allowed to use? Some of my fellow admins view the ability for a non-admin to issue a command such as "!punish" as not good. While commands such as "!mystats" were incredibly well received. How about a simple "on/off" switch for each in-game command that is available? (Available to both admins and guests.) The "!insult" and "!slap" commands are hilarious but they can easily become annoying if/when the players use them too much. Currently the only way to turn those commands off is to disable the entire plugin. *sad face event*

Also, for the admin commands, can you use the already established account settings within PRoCon? As opposed to using an admin list?

And.... Is it possible to get the appropriately available commands to display when the "@help" command is used?

Awesome plugin and thanks for the great work!

Bump.
There is no way to do it through the settings, but you can make some simple source code changes that will do it:

Look in the function inGameCommand.

Toward the end you will see a big if statement, in there look for:

Code:

else if (punishPlayerMatch.Success)
                punishMyKillerCmd(sender, punishPlayerMatch.Groups[1].Value);
            else if (punishMatch.Success)
                punishMyKillerCmd(sender);
To make the punish command, be admin only change it into:

Code:

else if (punishPlayerMatch.Success && senderIsAdmin)
                punishMyKillerCmd(sender, punishPlayerMatch.Groups[1].Value);
            else if (punishMatch.Success && senderIsAdmin)
                punishMyKillerCmd(sender);
Note that this change is not complete in the sense that players will still get the notification to !punish when being violated. You should turn off those messages in the settings with say_team_kill, say_camp_kill, say_rape_kill, yell_team_kill, yell_camp_kill, yell_rape_kill.

As far as integrating the existing user accounts functionality, that might be more complex, you would have to wait for an update. I have been pretty busy last couple of months.

Originally Posted by micovery*:

Is there any way to punish Baseraping if the enemy Soldier is in the base?

Short answer: If soldier trespasses into enemy base and kills someone, it is considered base rape. (except for Helo).

These are the base raping rules:

Use the following legend to interpret them:

Code:

/* 
             * Legend
             * K - killer
             * V - victim
             * O - own
             * E - enemy
             * B - base
             * D - defense
             * AIR - Helicopter kill (Apache, Hind, Havoc, etc)
             * EXPL - Explosive kill (C4, TNT, AT Mines, etc)
             * INF - Infantry kill (regular, and small firearms)
             * HEAVY - Tank kills (Main gun, and 50 cal)
             * LIGHT - Small vehicle kills (HMMWV, Cobra, etc)
             */
Examples:

V_O_B = Victim in Own Base

K_E_B = Killer in Enemy Base

V_O_D = Victim in Own Defense

The inner if statements are special non-punishable incidents. Anything not caught by those if statements is considered base rape.

Code:

/* PUNISHABLE INCIDENTS */

//base raping cases 
        while (true)
        {
            if ((V_O_B)) //victim in his own base
            {
               //helicopter is allowed to destroy enemy defenses from anywhere (AIR_RAID)
                if ((V_O_D && AIR) ||

//infantry is allowed to shoot into enemy base only for killing enemy defenses (INF_RAID)              
                (!K_E_B && V_O_D && INF) ||

//light vehicles allowed to shoot into base for killing enemy defenses (LIGHT_RAID)
                (!K_E_B && V_O_D && LIGHT) ||

//heavy vehicles are allowed to shoot into base for killing enemy defenses (HEAVY_RAID)
                (!K_E_B && V_O_D && HEAVY) ||

//enemies are allowed to go into base, set explosives, then get out of base, and detonate 
                (!K_E_B && V_O_D && EXPL) )
                    break;

//anything else (other than tk, and suicide)
                //where the victim dies in his own base, is considered base rape
                BaseRapingKill(bs, killer.info, victim.info);
            }
            break;
        }
  • 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Rocnuts*:

You will need to make some tweaks to the source code for this.

1. Don't allow heavy vehicles to shoot out of base.

Look on the source code, in the function called "BaseEvent", and comment out or remove the following lines:

Code:

if (HEAVY)
                    {
                        kstr = "(" + bs + "_BASE HEAVY_DEF): " + kstr;
                        break;
                    }
You will see that below that, there is also a section for LIGHT vehicles, which is already commented.

2. Those messages are hard-coded in the function "punishedBy". Look in there, you can just modify the strings to your liking.

Is this also the fix for Helo's_? I see the Helo code just under this one...

Originally Posted by baschior*:

Any chance for an option like this:

1st Baserape : Kill and yell

2nd same

3rd kick

All of that done automatic?

The warnings work, but in auto punish mode no kick is applied, no matter what i put in "votes before kick"

Any chance for help

_`?

Thanks

Originally Posted by AngelFireDK*:

Lately we have noticed vehicles can shoot from base and kill people without getting punish for camping?

Which edits do I need to make to dissallow this unless they are in a defence zone or enemy are in enemy base.

Futhermore we also want to dissalow placement of at mines, c4 (explosives) in enemy base without getting punished. Which edits do I need for this if this is allowed. In defence zones this should still be allowed, just not in base.

Vehicles (heavy, light, chopper etc.) ain't allowed to shoot into enemy base without getting punished right? unless enemy in defence zones like AA.

Originally Posted by Phil_K*:

Hi.

man's, dont search link is downloads, give me please link

Man, start Procon, click on the Packages tab, type 'insane' into the search field in the right corner,

click on the 'Insane Punisher' entry and finally hit the install option. You after Procon has downloaded

the plugin you need to restart Procon to have it installed and ready to run.

Alternatively you can download the package manually using phogue.net/procon/packages/do...InsanePunisher*

and placing the folders included in the zip to /updates/ and (re)start Procon to have it finally

installed and ready to run. It maybe that you have to create the updates folder inside procons folder.

Greets

Phil.

Originally Posted by Zyk*:

Hi.

Man, start Procon, click on the Packages tab, type 'insane' into the search field in the right corner,

click on the 'Insane Punisher' entry and finally hit the install option. You after Procon has downloaded

the plugin you need to restart Procon to have it installed and ready to run.

Alternatively you can download the package manually using phogue.net/procon/packages/do...InsanePunisher*

and placing the folders included in the zip to /updates/ and (re)start Procon to have it finally

installed and ready to run. It maybe that you have to create the updates folder inside procons folder.

Greets

Phil.

thanks man :smile:
  • 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by OMG_Isildur1*:

I have two questions:

1) Is there a way to autokick a player for X teamkills without auto punishing him?

auto_punish_max is 2 for base raping, auto_punish_team_kill = false. Will he be kicked when he has two punishments in total (i.e. 1 for raping 1 for a tk)?

Can I set the standard option under server settings to X without interfering insane punisher?

2) If someone initiates a votekick for a tk shouldn't every player see a message (i.e. "type !votekick to....")?

Yesterday a player started a votekick for a tk but there was no message.

Originally Posted by Trizik*:

an issue i'm noticing is when the teams are unbalanced and the winning team starts swarming the losing team's deployment even though they are being punished by the plugin. the losing teams starts fighting back from their deployment, shooting enemies who are just outside the protected zone, thus getting punished for base camping. the losing team gets frustrated by this because they're just trying to defend themselves from incoming fire. leaving their deployment = instant death, doing nothing in their protected deployment still = instant death because the winning team doesn't care about being punished. players on the losing team start leaving and before you know it the teams are completely lopsided, the winning team with 10+ players, the losing team with 1-5 players.

how can we fix this?

is it possible to increase a losing team's defense zones when the winning team owns all the cap points?

Originally Posted by OMG_Isildur1*:

Is it possible to define more than one zone as X_Base for one team?

Reason I ask: I have a hard time drawing small defense zones on Atacama (mounted anti air).

So i want to use 2 base zones and spare the anti air area out.

Originally Posted by mattyous*:

hellos

sorry for my english i am frensh

I downloaded the plug through the link in this post. (post No. 138)

www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...nsane+Punisher*

I asked the insamePunicher.cs: plugin/bfbc2 /

6 map, not the zonnes protections

Oasis

Harvest

Presa Laguna

Hafrica arbort

Nelson Bay

White Pass

how to solve this problem ?

thank you in advance for your reply

________________________________________________? ?

bonjours

j'ai telechargé le plug par le lien donné dans ce post. (post n°138)

j'ai posé le insamePunicher.cs : plugin/bfbc2/

6 map non pas les zonnes de protections

Oasis

Harvest

Laguna Presa

Hafrica arbort

Nelson Bay

White Pass

comment faire pour resoudre ce probleme.

merci d'avance pour votre reponse

Originally Posted by mattyous*:

thank you Trizik for the adjustment.

Phu bay on the tanks firing from their base on the basis enemy distance is 400 meters, how to increase the distance to 400 m?

thank you in advance for your reply.

________________________________________________? ?

merci Trizik pour le réglage.

sur Phu bay les chars tirent depuis leur base sur la base enemi, la distance est de 400 metres, comment augmenter la distance a 400 m ?

merci d'avance pour votre réponse

Originally Posted by Noobkilla*:

I cannot seem to work out how to set our own map zones. Im using a hosted layer for procon so it is always online but when I click on the Map tab the 'Map Zones' Icon is greyed out. Any ideas?

Zones.txt doesn't have anything to do with mapzones it's just a file the creater of alpha mappack has attached so you can copy & paste the zones into the layer ex configs and then ip_port.cfg

as the zones.txt says

// Zone file to use with AlphaPack v0.2

// copy & paste the procon.protected.zones.add lines into your

// servers config under procon/config before you start procon

I cannot seem to work out how to set our own map zones. Im using a hosted layer for procon so it is always online but when I click on the Map tab the 'Map Zones' Icon is greyed out. Any ideas?

make sure the edit mapzones flag is ticked under accounts