Chat, GUID, Stats and Mapstats Logger[1.1.0.1][BF3]

ImportBot

Originally Posted by Paronity*:

I have everything installed and running partially. I am getting the issue that was reported by a couple a while back. That is that the servers table and the chatlog table will update but nothing else. I have it on trace logging and no errors are being thrown.

It appears to be working as shown in the console messages:

http://cl.ly/1j1k2k3a2J4547112C1K

I have tried to remove the plugin and replace it. Restarted procon numerous times. Dropped the tables and let them be re-created several times. Nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImportBot

Originally Posted by Clay52*:

Hey I had to delete all my procon stuff and reinstall it from scratch. It's all up and running now, plugin is configured correctly as far as I can tell but now when I type in @stats in chat nothing at all happens. Sandbox is turned off and I have the following set in my options:

Posted Image

Originally Posted by ty_ger07*:

ty and others, why not just build a small HTPC box and have procon on that 24/7, why all the fuss about hosting?

Because I am away from home for a month at a time. If the power went out, the router locked up, or the computer crashed any time, I would have no PRoCon or MySql database for this plugin for up to a month.

@ty_ger07

The problem is not the phase of connection to the database. The problem is that the connection is terminated during the query. This interrupt the Transaction which is used for the query. If a transaction is interrupted the server perform a rollback of previous querys.

Transactions are need if you use InnoDB otherwise you would get a serious performance issues.

Well, although I get this error frequently, I still have a lot of new data added to the stats every day. I haven't had the time to verify that nothing is missing, but I must ask you...

When this error occurs, is the data lost, or does it just try again?

Originally Posted by Vetula*:

Hello all ,

I have a Procon Layer , if i activate the Plugin i get this erros :

[21:28:10 80] BF3 Chat, GUID and Stats Logger Enabled

[21:28:10 80] BF3 Chat, GUID and Stats Logger: Floodprotection set to 10 Request per Round for each Player

[21:28:15 88] Error: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Data.Odbc.OdbcPermission, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Obj ect demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet)

at System.Security.PermissionSet.Demand()

at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.DemandPermi ssion()

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.PermissionDemand()

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.PermissionD emand(DbConnection outerConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()

at PRoConEvents.CChatGUIDStatsLoggerBF3.tablebuilder( )

The action that failed was:

Demand

The type of the first permission that failed was:

System.Data.Odbc.OdbcPermission

The Zone of the assembly that failed was:

MyComputer

[21:28:17 71] Error: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Data.Odbc.OdbcPermission, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Obj ect demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet)

at System.Security.PermissionSet.Demand()

at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.DemandPermi ssion()

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.PermissionDemand()

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.PermissionD emand(DbConnection outerConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()

at PRoConEvents.CChatGUIDStatsLoggerBF3.tablebuilder( )

The action that failed was:

Demand

The type of the first permission that failed was:

System.Data.Odbc.OdbcPermission

The Zone of the assembly that failed was:

MyComputer

mabay one can help me `?

Originally Posted by sourtimer*:

i have disabled it because there are no tables for the new weapons, and guess that will result in errors. Am i correct in this?

I had the same thought, as well as the map names not being in the database. Will leave it off until there is some confirmation as to compatibility.

Originally Posted by XpKiller*:

@ty_ger07

The at least the stats of this round are lost.

Atm it dont try again.

@Vetula

Turn off the procon sandbox or add your mysql server to the trusted hosts

@sourtimer & rhoov

I expect no problems with B2K.

Weapons missing in the bf3.def are ignored by the plugin.

The missing colums in the tables automatically added by the plugin as soon procon has a new bf3.def with the new weapons.

@Clay52

I recommend NOT to use one db per server.

The plugin is designed to support upto 65000 server in one Database. You should not split up because of performance reasons. The stats in the DB dont get mixed upt between the server.

@ty_ger07

Atm it dont try again.

@Vetula

Turn off the procon sandbox or add your mysql server to the trusted hosts

@sourtimer & rhoov

I expect no problems with B2K.

Weapons missing in the bf3.def are ignored by the plugin.

The missing colums in the tables automatically added by the plugin as soon procon has a new bf3.def with the new weapons.

@Clay52

The plugin is designed to support upto 65000 server in one Database. You should not split up because of performance reasons. The stats in the DB dont get mixed upt between the server.

Ok so what do you do if you want separate stats for each server then? ack nvm, I got it...lack of sleep here :P

Originally Posted by GitSum*:

XpKiller > I was looking through my procon.cfg file and came across this setting:

procon.private.options.allowAllODBCConnections False

Should this be set to True? (This layer server is hosted at a GSP)

@ty_ger07

Atm it dont try again.

Do you plan to make it try again on error in a future release?

It seems that this is a common problem most people here are having and the only solution to the problem is to either run the database on your own computer as your own 'server' or purchase a dedicated server from a host which will keep all connections alive.

My server host (GoDaddy.com) said that I need to purchase I dedicated server for this sort of thing if I want satisfactory results with your plugin's use of an external database connection. $100+ a month just so I can utilize one PRoCon plugin? No. I will choose to accept random data loss and hope that you will add a retry feature to your plugin.

@ty_ger07

@Clay52

As you know from my previous posts, I am using one database for both servers, but using a different table suffix for each so that I can keep them separate and more manageable in my mind. Is this OK? Or does using different suffixes also negatively affect performance?

Why is performance affected at all? Does PRoCon not operate your plugin as two separate plugins / threads -- one for each server?

And Again using tablessuffix is not optimal.

Theres is no need to use tablesuffix anymore!

This is a legacy feature to use it parallel to the old BFBC2 tables.

The stats dont get mixed if multiply server stream into the same database.

The performance is also negative effected if you use tablessuffix.

I can post you some queries which show how to get the data for one server.

Regarding you Problem:

Do you know which version for mysql server you use?

The version 0.0.0.8 already closes all connection and reopen them before streaming.

And Again using tablessuffix is not optimal.

Theres is no need to use tablesuffix anymore!

This is a legacy feature to use it parallel to the old BFBC2 tables.

The stats dont get mixed if multiply server stream into the same database.

The performance is also negative effected if you use tablessuffix.

I can post you some queries which show how to get the data for one server.

Regarding you Problem:

Do you know which version for mysql server you use?

The version 0.0.0.8 already closes all connection and reopen them before streaming.

MySQL v 5.0. We already talked about this not being optimal, but GoDaddy.com does not offer a higher version of MySQL tables unless I purchase a dedicated server.

I already set up the database with separate table suffixes long ago before reading all of this, so I can't really go back without losing a ton of data (I think). So, how bad is it to be using table suffixes?

@GitSum

im not 100% sure if this need to be set true.

On my root server this parameter is set to false BUT the sandbox is disabled.

So my guess is this parameter must set to true if sandbox is on.

My server host (GoDaddy.com) said that I need to purchase I dedicated server for this sort of thing if I want satisfactory results with your plugin's use of an external database connection. $100+ a month just so I can utilize one PRoCon plugin? No. I will choose to accept random data loss and hope that you will add a retry feature to your plugin.

Who is your Game Server Provider? Do they offer any web space? We use NFO and a by the slot server comes with free web space or you can buy their "lite" web space for $2.99 a month - https://www.nfoservers.com/webhosting.php It won't have all the bells and whistles as godaddy, but it will get the job done

Who is your Game Server Provider? Do they offer any web space? We use NFO and a by the slot server comes with free web space or you can buy their "lite" web space for $2.99 a month - https://www.nfoservers.com/webhosting.php It won't have all the bells and whistles as godaddy, but it will get the job done

I used to go through NFOservers.com and liked their service a lot, but I just couldn't find the player demand in USA. I am going through a UK provider Rackage.com and have much more player demand over in Europe. There is no web server space offered with Rackage.com. Even if there were, it is way too far away from my PRoCon layer to be optimal.

My PRoCon layer is in Chicago and my GoDaddy.com server is in Colorado somewhere.

You are sure that I won't have these server time-outs with NFOservers.com's cheap 'lite' web service?

It's not like I got the GoDaddy.com service just for this plugin. I already had the service for a while and have two websites, three domain names, and 3 other MySQL databases through their service.

Well, I originally had our website and databases at bluehost/Hostmonster and then I found out that they actually throttle the cpu which was really effecting how fast our pages loaded etc (Not sure if godaddy does this or not)

http://www.webhostingsecretrevealed....pu-throttling/

I moved everything over to our free web space at NFO and we haven't had any issues since. Again, they do not have a fancy control panel like some of the big name web hosts, but it is very easy to set up a web site. Also very easy to create databases and allow external connections.

Heck for $2.99 - what do you have to loose if you just set up a couple of databases in Chicago for Procon to use. For that matter they have a two day free trial. As you are aware, their customer support is top notch.

XpKiller > I have to admit that I have also been using a table suffix (16, 32, 64) but I am going to start a new database if you say the performance will be better (Actually in BC2, I used separate databases for each server)

I see the database uses a "ServerID" field in the chatlog and mapstats - I would assume each server would generate a different server ID automatically instead of them all just being "1" because of the suffix?

What about the player data and stats - how do you tell them apart?

Originally Posted by Paronity*:

I have everything installed and running partially. I am getting the issue that was reported by a couple a while back. That is that the servers table and the chatlog table will update but nothing else. I have it on trace logging and no errors are being thrown.

It appears to be working as shown in the console messages:

http://cl.ly/1j1k2k3a2J4547112C1K

I have tried to remove the plugin and replace it. Restarted procon numerous times. Dropped the tables and let them be re-created several times. Nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone? Anything?

We are running the latest version of ProCon as well.

Originally Posted by rhoov*:

Just got this

[18:11:27 20] Error: Error in Startstreaming:

[18:11:27 20] Index #0

[18:11:27 20] Message: [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.1.37-1ubuntu5.4]Duplicate entry 'EA_4EAD204A5470F9CEFB8D09CD391EF123' for key 'UNIQUE_playerdata'

[18:11:27 20] Native: 1062

[18:11:27 20] Source: myodbc5.dll

[18:11:27 20] SQL: 23000

@GitSum

The combination of ServerID and PlayerID generate the StatsID.

So the StatsID based on a unique PlayerId and StatsID.

So i am able to split the stats up.

@Paronity

I need a Tracelog of a couple of round to find your problem.

@rhoov

Do get such an error regularly?

Normally such an error occurs if a previous query fails.

I need the full error message to find the to find the broken code.

Otherwise I cant do anything.

That is the error msg lol

but as it turns out, this may be emanating from InsaneBalancer, stay tuned...

Originally Posted by IceCold*:

i have installed your plugin for BF3

i cannot get it to connect to database.

gameservers.com is hosting procon & database.

i get the following messager :-

[21:40:50 98] Error in Tablebuilder:

[21:40:50 98] Index #0

[21:40:50 98] Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

[21:40:50 98] Native: 0

[21:40:50 98] Source:

[21:40:50 98] SQL: IM002

can you please help