Squad Enforcer (1.0.3.0 - 01/13/12)

ImportBot

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

I understand that you say it shouldn't work, but it is working.

Yes, it is only able to place 4 people on alpha squad. The additional players just remain lonewolves. It isn't giving any error messages either.

I'm happy. At least that is 1/2 of the team who are in squads.

In our rush server the plugin is working well.

Do you have debug messages turned on? If it's running, it should be giving messages about trying to move players to "Squad 2". If you'll give me access to your server, I can update it to work for all players.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally Posted by ty_ger07*:

Oh, it is splitting them up to Alpha and Bravo now. Cool.

[16:57:05 88] SquadEnforcer: Enabled!

[16:57:12 21] SquadEnforcer: TASK -> Need to squad factc0re

[16:57:12 21] SquadEnforcer: TASK -> Need to squad LeSpnk

[16:57:12 21] SquadEnforcer: TASK -> Need to squad Bertolie

[16:57:12 21] SquadEnforcer: TASK -> Need to squad WassupLV

[16:57:12 21] SquadEnforcer: TASK -> Need to squad RustyCore

[16:57:12 21] SquadEnforcer: TASK -> Need to squad Truetrimix

[16:57:12 21] SquadEnforcer: TASK -> Need to squad Le4eR

[16:57:12 21] SquadEnforcer: TASK -> Need to squad maffel1983

[16:57:12 21] SquadEnforcer: TASK -> Need to squad Drovone

[16:57:12 21] SquadEnforcer: TASK -> Need to squad specialbomber

[16:57:12 68] SquadEnforcer: WORK -> Attempting to move maffel1983 to Team 2 Squad 1

[16:57:12 78] SquadEnforcer: INFO -> maffel1983 moved to Team 2 Squad 1

[16:57:28 84] SquadEnforcer: WORK -> Attempting to move Le4eR to Team 2 Squad 1

[16:57:28 95] SquadEnforcer: INFO -> Le4eR moved to Team 2 Squad 1

[16:58:33 98] SquadEnforcer: WORK -> Attempting to move Truetrimix to Team 2 Squad 2

[16:58:34 07] SquadEnforcer: INFO -> Truetrimix moved to Team 2 Squad 2

[16:58:57 51] SquadEnforcer: WORK -> Attempting to move Drovone to Team 2 Squad 1

[16:58:57 68] SquadEnforcer: INFO -> Drovone moved to Team 2 Squad 1

[16:59:10 85] SquadEnforcer: WORK -> Attempting to move RustyCore to Team 1 Squad 1

[16:59:10 95] SquadEnforcer: INFO -> RustyCore moved to Team 1 Squad 1

[16:59:48 35] SquadEnforcer: WORK -> Attempting to move specialbomber to Team 2 Squad 2

[16:59:48 45] SquadEnforcer: INFO -> specialbomber moved to Team 2 Squad 2

[16:59:52 32] SquadEnforcer: WORK -> Attempting to move factc0re to Team 1 Squad 2

[16:59:52 42] SquadEnforcer: INFO -> factc0re moved to Team 1 Squad 2

[16:59:54 68] SquadEnforcer: TASK -> Need to squad vaske2 (join/team change)

[16:59:54 68] SquadEnforcer: WORK -> Attempting to move vaske2 to Team 1 Squad 2

[17:00:01 21] SquadEnforcer: WORK -> Attempting to move WassupLV to Team 2 Squad 2

[17:00:01 32] SquadEnforcer: INFO -> WassupLV moved to Team 2 Squad 2

Oh...

The plugin in seems to work for a brief period of time in squad rush before it quits working. For some reason your '&& this.m_strCurrentGameMode != "SquadRush0"' doesn't seem to work right away.

I will try removing that from the code and see if it work in squad rush all the time.

If I tried to change the squad enforcement to:

'if (Squad.Key > 0 && Squad.Value

Would that make it try to place up to 8 players in one squad?

Oh...

The plugin in seems to work for a brief period of time in squad rush before it quits working. For some reason your '&& this.m_strCurrentGameMode != "SquadRush0"' doesn't seem to work right away.

I will try removing that from the code and see if it work in squad rush all the time.

If I tried to change the squad enforcement to:

'if (Squad.Key > 0 && Squad.Value

Would that make it try to place up to 8 players in one squad?

Yeah. I thought I might have made that mistake after you told me it was working, but I just hadn't had time to check. If you remove that code, it will continue to work.

Also, changing that value to 8 should allow up to 8 players in a squad, but it hasn't been tested, so let me know if it works.

Will this work?

Code:

private void CheckPlayer(string soldierName) {
	if (this.m_LPlayersToSquad.Contains(soldierName) && !this.m_LPlayersToIgnore.Contains(soldierName) && this.m_DPlayers[soldierName][1] == 0 && this.m_ATeamCount[this.m_DPlayers[soldierName][0]] != this.m_iCurrentServerSize/2)
		{
			List<KeyValuePair<int, int>> SortedSquads = new List<KeyValuePair<int, int>>(m_ASquadCount[this.m_DPlayers[soldierName][0]]);
				SortedSquads.Sort(delegate(KeyValuePair<int, int> left, KeyValuePair<int, int> right) 
				{
					if (right.Value.CompareTo(left.Value) == 0)
					{
						return left.Key.CompareTo(right.Key); 
					}
					else
					{
						return right.Value.CompareTo(left.Value);
					}
				});
				foreach (KeyValuePair<int, int> Squad in SortedSquads)
				{
					if (this.m_strCurrentGameMode != "SquadRush0")
					{
						if (Squad.Key > 0 && Squad.Value < 4 && this.m_ASquadAttempts[this.m_DPlayers[soldierName][0]][Squad.Key] <= 1)
						{
							WritePluginConsole("WORK -> Attempting to move " + soldierName + " to Team " + this.m_DPlayers[soldierName][0] + " Squad " + Squad.Key);
							this.m_ASquadAttempts[this.m_DPlayers[soldierName][0]][Squad.Key]++;
							this.ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "admin.movePlayer", soldierName, this.m_DPlayers[soldierName][0].ToString(), Squad.Key.ToString(), "false");
							break;
						}
					}
					else
					{
						if (Squad.Key > 0 && Squad.Value < 8 && this.m_ASquadAttempts[this.m_DPlayers[soldierName][0]][Squad.Key] <= 1)
						{
							WritePluginConsole("WORK -> Attempting to move " + soldierName + " to Team " + this.m_DPlayers[soldierName][0] + " Squad " + Squad.Key);
							this.m_ASquadAttempts[this.m_DPlayers[soldierName][0]][Squad.Key]++;
							this.ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "admin.movePlayer", soldierName, this.m_DPlayers[soldierName][0].ToString(), Squad.Key.ToString(), "false");
							break;
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}
I don't really know anything about programming; so please let me know if there is an error with syntax or structure. I am testing it right now....

Basically all I did was add an if statement after "foreach (KeyValuePair Squad in SortedSquads)" which says "if (this.m_strCurrentGameMode != "SquadRush0")" then use expression with the value of

EDIT: So far it seems to be working.

Will this work?

I don't really know anything about programming; so please let me know if there is an error with syntax or structure. I am testing it right now....

There's a more efficient way to do it, but what you've posted should work fine.

Originally Posted by Clay52*:

No. It will not conflict with any balancer program. When a player is balanced, the Squad Enforcer will place them in a squad on the new team if they're not already in one.

You should definitely set "Move immediately on join_" to "No" with Insane Balancer, though.

Hmm I can't see that in the options anywhere, is that command correct?

Yup. It's in there. You won't see it until you select "Yes" on "Enable Squad Enforcer".

Ack I interpreted what you said to referring to IB itself, not yours along with it, my bad.

My only thing is I wish it could be faster. It seems to take a while to finally put people into squads on my 64 slot.

Yep, I'm actually using InsaneBalancer and tried this one too at the same time, and my server crashed twice in a one hour period I took this plugin offline, and just went with IB and it's not crashed since. This is an excellent plugin but I honestly feel it is more suited for Squad DM and the like, not really for the larger servers.

Originally Posted by micovery*:

Yep, I'm actually using InsaneBalancer and tried this one too at the same time, and my server crashed twice in a one hour period I took this plugin offline, and just went with IB and it's not crashed since. This is an excellent plugin but I honestly feel it is more suited for Squad DM and the like, not really for the larger servers.

Clay, do you have the console and plugin log for when the crash happened? ... would be interesting to see what could have triggered crash.

My only thing is I wish it could be faster. It seems to take a while to finally put people into squads on my 64 slot.

If you turn on "Move immediately on join", it will squad people up quicker, but may not put them in platoon/party squads, as intended by Battlelog. Otherwise, it will always wait until after the player's first death.

Also, keep in mind that if a player leaves a squad, it's assumed he doesn't want to be in one, so it won't put him in a new one.

The only other issue with a full 64-player server is that, if any of the squads are made private with less than 4 players, some players will be stuck without a squad.

I've run this plugin on 64-player servers with no issues, though admittedly, I haven't tried it with IB, yet. It works fine with True Balancer, though. I do plan on trying IB in the near future, so I'll see what happens first hand. From a technical perspective, there's nothing that should prevent them from running at the same time. My only advice would be that if you are using IB, ensure that "Move players immediately" is set to "No".

New version up. Based on what ty_ger07 has posted, this should work fine with Squad Rush. To my knowledge, it still hasn't been tested with Team Deathmatch or Squad Deathmatch, but should work with both. If someone happens to try it, please report back. Currently, it's still limited to 4 per squad in those game modes.

1.0.1.0 (12/01/2011)

- updated to worth with Squad Rush (tested) and Squad Deathmatch (untested)

Originally Posted by rukqoa*:

Thanks for your plugin!!

However, for the Squad Rush game mode, can I request a function where it would just move everyone on the team to Squad Alpha at the beginning of the round (as long as the team is not full) and whenever someone joins a team?

For some reasons, using the plugin is hit and miss for SRush. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, and I don't get alarming log messages telling me what's wrong. (Move immediately on join = No, Move only new players = No)

Thanks for your plugin!!

However, for the Squad Rush game mode, can I request a function where it would just move everyone on the team to Squad Alpha at the beginning of the round (as long as the team is not full) and whenever someone joins a team?

For some reasons, using the plugin is hit and miss for SRush. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, and I don't get alarming log messages telling me what's wrong. (Move immediately on join = No, Move only new players = No)

If you want it to move everyone at the beginning of a round, shouldn't you set 'Move immediately on join = Yes'? There is no other squad for them to go to, so you don't have to take splitting up battle buddies on join into consideration. Once they are moved to a squad on join, they will stay in that squad each round unless they choose to leave.

rukqoa,

ty_ger07 is correct. In this case, it's better to have "Move immediately on join" turned on, because you don't have to worry about platoon/party joins getting messed up.

Originally Posted by WaxMyCarrot*:

Not sure what purpose a whitelist would do. The plugin only moves a player when they join or switch teams.. and only the 1 time. The only option I could see a whitelist doing would to allow or disallow moving a member on the whitelist. But if you don't want to be in the squad it puts you in.. then leave it. The plugin will then mark to "Ignore" you the rest of the time and your free to join any squad you wish.

It sounds like an awful lot of work to get the programmer to add this whitelist coding when it will only take you 5 seconds to leave the squad and join a different one. I know personally that Falcon spent the better part of a week tweaking this plugin to do what it does so far. I think if you feel a whitelist is needed, you need to describe the benefits of the masses to get it added. Casue so far the suggestions made are not really possible or ethical.

I believe one suggestion was to reserve a squad for your clan. This would just piss people off when there are currently no Whitelist members on because there is no way, that I know of for, procon to LOCK an empty squad to ensure only whitelist members can join it.. so the plugin would have to constantly monitor that squad and kick anyone not on the whitelist who joined it back to Squad 0. Players would simply keep trying to join that squad and not no why they keep getting moved back to "no squad".

I also seen mention of this topic " www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...ighlight=squad* " but noticed not one person has replied to it. I just don't see this as being a need for the majority of procon/BF3 members.

It is a great theory and idea.. but I do not see a need for the average server to have that option. Honestly once I am in a squad.. whether it be Alpha or Hotel.. once my mates are in there with me I could care less what squad it was. And if the server is full and no open squads for the 4 of us to get in.. we just piss of 1 or 2 guys and move them to a different squad when they die and make it our squad. That is better than kicking people all day to reserve that squad when we are not on.

Originally Posted by cpt*:

It would really be great to have a whitelist, since our members and trials have different tag. So they can be sorted into squads. Also I think it would be a good idea to remove players from a whitelist-squad, that are not in the whitelist, to make room for whitslist-players. So they can play in a squad.

An other Idea is to move whitelist players into one team also. This could be an option that can be turned on/off via ingame command. In case clan members want fight each ohters.

Originally Posted by rukqoa*:

If you want it to move everyone at the beginning of a round, shouldn't you set 'Move immediately on join = Yes'? There is no other squad for them to go to, so you don't have to take splitting up battle buddies on join into consideration. Once they are moved to a squad on join, they will stay in that squad each round unless they choose to leave.

Ah... I've figured out the issue. It seems that regardless whether or not I set that variable to yes, the plugin makes you join a squad AFTER a few seconds. So, when I first join the server and spawn immediately, I won't be in a squad until after I die. Any idea why this might happen.

Again, thanks for this plugin!

Ah... I've figured out the issue. It seems that regardless whether or not I set that variable to yes, the plugin makes you join a squad AFTER a few seconds. So, when I first join the server and spawn immediately, I won't be in a squad until after I die. Any idea why this might happen.

Again, thanks for this plugin!

There is no delay coded in, so any delay would just be the time it takes for the server to notify PRoCon, for PRoCon to throw the event code, and for all of the plugins that use that event code to run through whatever code is assigned and send it back to the server. Any latency between your layer server and your game server would add to this time, as well. In testing on my server, it's nearly immediate.

Activated the plugin and played for two full rounds without it putting me or any other non-squad player in a squad. Have the default settings set. Yes, no, no.

Without debug console logs, I have no way of knowing why that is the case.

Originally Posted by WaxMyCarrot*:

Activated the plugin and played for two full rounds without it putting me or any other non-squad player in a squad. Have the default settings set. Yes, no, no.

What game mode are you playing? Enable DebugMode and copy/paste the log.

Archived