Insane Limits - Examples

Originally Posted by micovery*:

not if it has an idle of 5minutes. but im changing the values anyway going by known logs of hackers ive seen in the server. yesterday it was 16 ratio.

last question... at the end in is it

0, "some message"

or

0, plugin.R("some message")

just comparing document with an example....

The "R" function of the plugin object is used for replacements. If you don't have any replacements in your message, then there is no need to use it. So in your example above, it's not doing anything because your string, has no %key% replacements in it. There is a list of all available replacements on first post of Plugin thread.

Is there any way i can modify this to notify users about rules when the map "MP_Subway" is loaded? I have metro on my rotation i just want a notification for the rules everytime Metro is loaded.

Yes, you can use OnRoundStart event, with a condition that checks if the map file name is MP_Subway.

Set limit to evaluate OnRoundStart, and action to Say

Set first_check to this Expression

Code:

server.MapFileName.Equals("MP_Subway")
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by Mootart*:

what should i do if i want to ban this player this is only kicker! what code should i put sir if i want to ban him?

Compare to the Battlelog Kdr Kicker* example.

This limit combines both KDR and Accuracy measurements from Battlelog to kick suspicious players. It uses Code in second_check to do the kick, rather than an action. This allows customization of the kick reason. Change "yourwebsite.com" to the email or website address where the player can appeal the kick and get white listed.

Set limit to evaluate OnJoin and action to None.

Set first_check to this Expression:

Code:

( player.Kdr > 4.0   ||  player.Accuracy > 50  )
Set second_check to this Code:

Code:

String reason = "suspicious Battlelog stats (KDR=" + player.Kdr + ", Acc=" + player.Accuracy + ")";
	reason = reason + ", appeal at yourwebsite.com";
	plugin.KickPlayerWithMessage(player.Name, reason);
	return false;
When you paste the Code part into the second_check field, make sure to click on the down-arrow, on the field, so that it expands and allows you to paste multi-line.

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

admin.killPlayer does NOT increment deaths, dang it. So much for my clever example! I'll mark it as bogus.

Did this work for you? ... I think I may need to add an optional parameter to KillPlayer, where you can specify the delay in seconds.

It doesn't work without a delay. For this test code:

Code:

plugin.SendGlobalMessage("Killing time!");
plugin.ConsoleWrite("Killing time!");
plugin.ServerCommand("admin.killPlayer", player.Name);
return false;
I get a log like this (full debug on):

[22:48:00] Client: request S: 237 [0-admin.killPlayer] [1-PapaCharlieNiner]

[22:48:00] Server: request S: 1373 [0-player.onSpawn] [1-PapaCharlieNiner] [2-1]

[22:48:00] Server: response S: 1373 [0-OK]

[22:48:00] Client: response S: 237 [0-OK] (RE: [0-admin.killPlayer] [1-PapaCharlieNiner])

[22:48:00] Queued: request S: 238 [0-admin.say] [1-Killing time!] [2-all]

[22:48:00] Dequeued: request S: 238 [0-admin.say] [1-Killing time!] [2-all]

[22:48:00] Client: request S: 238 [0-admin.say] [1-Killing time!] [2-all]

[22:48:00] Server: request S: 1374 [0-player.onChat] [1-Server] [2-Killing time!]

[22:48:00] Server: response S: 1374 [0-OK]

[22:48:00] Client: response S: 238 [0-OK] (RE: [0-admin.say] [1-Killing time!] [2-

There's an admin.killPlayer request, but it isn't queued. It doesn't seem to do anything, even though the server responds OK.

If I add a Thread.Sleep(5000) before the kill player (and I know that's wrong for the plugin, but it's just a test), I get this (full debugging on):

[22:39:31] Queued: request S: 184 [0-admin.killPlayer] [1-PapaCharlieNiner]

[22:39:31] Server: request S: 1338 [0-player.onSpawn] [1-PapaCharlieNiner] [2-1]

[22:39:31] Server: response S: 1338 [0-OK]

[22:39:31] Dequeued: request S: 183 [0-admin.say] [1-Killing time!] [2-all]

[22:39:31] Client: request S: 183 [0-admin.say] [1-Killing time!] [2-all]

[22:39:31] Dequeued: request S: 184 [0-admin.killPlayer] [1-PapaCharlieNiner]

[22:39:31] Client: request S: 184 [0-admin.killPlayer] [1-PapaCharlieNiner]

[22:39:31] Server: request S: 1339 [0-player.onChat] [1-Server] [2-Killing time!]

[22:39:31] Server: response S: 1339 [0-OK]

[22:39:31] Client: response S: 183 [0-OK] (RE: [0-admin.say] [1-Killing time!] [2-all])

[22:39:31] Server: request S: 1340 [0-player.onKill] [1-] [2-PapaCharlieNiner] [3-Death] [4-false]

[22:39:31] Server: response S: 1340 [0-OK]

[22:39:31] Client: response S: 184 [0-OK] (RE: [0-admin.killPlayer] [1-PapaCharlieNiner])

It works. So I think you need to make the delay mandatory. Besides, it helps for the player to see the broadcast message so he knows why he was killed, or at least has a shot at knowing.

Hi,

maybe someone can code this for me.

( player.LastChat.StartsWith("@idle") && player.Name.Equals("The_nick") )

set

vars.idleTimeout", "0");

Any time you want to do a RCON command from the BF3 Server documentation, the sort of command you would type into the Console tab of PRoCon, you should first just write out the command the way you would type it, like so:

vars.idleTimeout 0

The first text is the command. Each subsequent "word" (separated by spaces) is a parameter. To convert that into Code you can use, the command and each separate parameter has to be a quoted string in the Code, separated by commas, like so:

"vars.idleTimeout" , "0"

Finally, copy that line of comma separated strings and paste it between the ( ) parentheses of the plugin.ServerCommand function, like so (don't forget the semi-colon at the end of the line!):

Code:

plugin.ServerCommand("vars.idleTimeout", "0");
As a best practice, you should send a chat message to your squad (so as not to spam all players) to verify that the command was received correctly and optionally, log it to the plugin log, by adding these two lines before the command -- changing the quoted string message to whatever you want:

Code:

plugin.SendSquadMessage(player.TeamId, player.SquadId, "Setting vars.idleTimeout to 0");
plugin.ConsoleWrite("Setting vars.idleTimeout to 0"); // delete this line if you want
See the Personal In-Game RCON Command* example.

This example shows how you can give yourself an in-game chat command. The command has to be a legal RCON command that you would type into the Console tab of PRoCon. The plugin log message shows up as orange by using PRoCon color codes ^3 (dark orange) and ^0 (black).

Note: the player.Name.Equals part is very important -- do not remove that part of the Expression or else any player may execute your RCON command!

Suppose your player name is "The_nick" and the RCON command you want to use is:

vars.idleTimeout 0

and the in-game command you want to type is:

@idle

Set limit to evaluate OnAnyChat and action to None.

Code:

( player.LastChat.StartsWith("@idle") && player.Name.Equals("The_nick") )
Set second_check to this Code:

Code:

plugin.SendSquadMessage(player.TeamId, player.SquadId, "Setting vars.idleTimeout to 0");
        plugin.ConsoleWrite(@"^3Setting vars.idleTimeout to 0^0");
You can change the value of the timeout or the whole command or the name of the player -- all of the quoted strings may be replaced with some other quoted string -- though the ServerCommand parameters must form a legal RCON command.

Originally Posted by droopie*:

Code:

double highKdr = 6.0;
    if ( player.KdrRound > highKdr ) 
    {
        String message = plugin.R("%p_n% has been banned for suspected hacking (high KDR).");
        plugin.SendGlobalMessage(message);
        plugin.ConsoleWrite(@"^4 " + message + @" ^0");
        plugin.PBBanPlayerWithMessage(PBBanDuration.Permanent, player.Name, 0, "You have been banned for suspected hacking (high KDR).");
    }
    return false;
im getting this error...

[12:24:59 24] [insane Limits] Compiling Limit #5 - High KDR Kicker - OnSpawn

[12:24:59 31] [insane Limits] ERROR: 5 errors compiling Expression

[12:24:59 31] [insane Limits] ERROR: (CS1525, line: 33, column: 30): Invalid expression term 'double'

[12:24:59 31] [insane Limits] ERROR: (CS1026, line: 33, column: 43): ) expected

[12:24:59 31] [insane Limits] ERROR: (CS1525, line: 41, column: 18): Invalid expression term ')'

[12:24:59 31] [insane Limits] ERROR: (CS1002, line: 41, column: 27): ; expected

[12:24:59 31] [insane Limits] ERROR: (CS1525, line: 41, column: 27): Invalid expression term ')'

...duh! my bad. i put it in expression not code... sry!

anyway, i tried it in my empty server, it dont kick me with a test of kdr of 2.0 and 10min idle. doesnt do the ban.

anyway, i tried it in my empty server, it dont kick me with a test of kdr of 2.0 and 10min idle. doesnt do the ban.

You have to spawn to activate the OnSpawn limit. For testing, you can reduce the wait time to 1 minute. The KDR really requires you to have one other person you can kill a few times. To spawn, you can use the admin.killPlayer command in the console to kill yourself -- that won't change your KDR.

Or, just run the limit in Virtual mode (instead of Enabled) on an active server for a day or two and look at the log.

You have to spawn to activate the OnSpawn limit. For testing, you can reduce the wait time to 1 minute. The KDR really requires you to have one other person you can kill a few times. To spawn, you can use the admin.killPlayer command in the console to kill yourself -- that won't change your KDR.

i have done that but for some reason it still doesnt work. i changed the kdr to 2.0 for me testing it with myself and another admin on our 2nd server for testing. reduced the timer to 1 instead of 15 and also tried both onspawn and onkill. i have also in the message as i questioned a few posts back wondered about the plugin.r("msg"). and still nothing. been trying all day and nothing.

while this didnt seem to work, the battlelog kdr did work and banned 2 players last night. both had around 2k-4k kills with around 100 deaths. and around 2 hours playing max. too bad this isnt working for me while in a round. had a bunch of admin request emails with accusations of a player going 93 and 10 (9.3kdr) on a full 32 player TDM.

i think i spent more then the average about of time on this thread. sry if i am being annoying with this issue but its very important for the server im running. thanks.

i have done that but for some reason it still doesnt work. i changed the kdr to 2.0 for me testing it with myself and another admin on our 2nd server for testing. reduced the timer to 1 instead of 15 and also tried both onspawn and onkill. i have also in the message as i questioned a few posts back wondered about the plugin.r("msg"). and still nothing. been trying all day and nothing.

while this didnt seem to work, the battlelog kdr did work and banned 2 players last night. both had around 2k-4k kills with around 100 deaths. and around 2 hours playing max. too bad this isnt working for me while in a round. had a bunch of admin request emails with accusations of a player going 93 and 10 (9.3kdr) on a full 32 player TDM.

i think i spent more then the average about of time on this thread. sry if i am being annoying with this issue but its very important for the server im running. thanks.

Here are are few thing you can do to find out why it's not being triggered. My guess is ... the conditions are not met.

Run these commands on the provided console field.

Code:

!round stats droopie
          !round stats
          !total stats
You will see all the values relevant. Nothing is hidden, is not black-magic ... if the plugin does not see that you have a KdrRound > 2 ... it won't trigger anything in this case ...

An obvious but reasonable question .. is the limit enabled?

Another simple check: did you have any deaths? If you have 0 deaths, the KdrRound will be 0, even if you have 2 kills.

I changed the ratio logic in 0.0.0.6, if denominator is 0, the result is the numerator.

Possible to create an idle kicker that turns on/off based on # of players connected? idle time should be configurable too.

Probably in next version ... will use same logic as Insane Balancer to determine idle players. Will provide you with the time of last activity, TimeLastChat, TimeLastKill, TimeLastDeath, TimeLastScore, TimeLastSpawn, and you decide what idle means for you.

Originally Posted by supermillhouse*:

Chat filter query

im not to sure if i am getting this right

bad_words.Add(@"n[o0]{2,}bs*");

Is it possible to get this to trigger if they place it in a word like "m320noob" or "NOOB!!!!" or put a space in the middle like "no ob"

one other thing, i have been wondering is what is the @ for, i know it is for literal but still dont think i understand, im a bit new to this but eger to learn.

thanx

I changed the ratio logic in 0.0.0.6, if denominator is 0, the result is the numerator.

Sorry, I missed that in the 0.6 update. That makes a lot more sense.

I fixed the two examples that used KillPlayer to account for admin.killPlayer not changing the Death count.

Ban High In-Round KDR Killer*

Kill No-Deaths In Round Killer*

Is there any way i can modify this to notify users about rules when the map "MP_Subway" is loaded? I have metro on my rotation i just want a notification for the rules everytime Metro is loaded.

It's hard to follow exactly what you want from the quotes. Can you either link to a specific example and give a list of what you want to change, or, write a post of exactly what you want to do, including the text of the chat message you want displayed?

One thing I would think about: the initial 3 minutes of Metro Conquest are critical. First team to control flag B usually wins. So good players shouldn't be looking at chat, they should be focusing on getting their asses to flag B and controlling it. I would therefore wait until at least 5 minutes into the round before sending a chat message about level specific rules. Fortunately, that is very easy to do with Insane Limits!

Originally Posted by Rucki*:

This example shows how you can give yourself an in-game chat command.

Your "limit" ist working perfect!

Thanks al lot for the try to explain your code!

I understand this section, thanks to your help.

"x|x" or "x | x" or "x || x"

Expression.....Code?

It is a foreign country for me.

I can try for hours without success. :ohmy:

Thanks for you guys, they are not writing: "noob...learn......"

Thanks for helping noobs in this topic. :ohmy:

Regards!

Rucki

An old wish again........

If LongrangeRifle AND Attacker AND >20 kills/round

Say: You are Attacker! Search for Coms!

Originally Posted by WaxMyCarrot*:

Possible to create an idle kicker that turns on/off based on # of players connected? idle time should be configurable too.

We use Adaptive Server Size plugin for this as well as adjusting the size of the server as players join.

www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...-01-05-12)-BF3*

It has these options:

Adaptive Idle Kick:

Enable adaptive idle kick?

If enabled, disables the idle kick time when less than the specified number of players are online.

Disable idle kick until how many players are on?

Once this number of players is reached, idle kick will be enabled and set to the specified value.

Desired idle kick time, in seconds

The number of seconds that the idle kick timer will be set to, once it has been enabled.

We use Adaptive Server Size plugin for this as well as adjusting the size of the server as players join.

www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...-01-05-12)-BF3*

It has these options:

Adaptive Idle Kick:

Enable adaptive idle kick?

If enabled, disables the idle kick time when less than the specified number of players are online.

Disable idle kick until how many players are on?

Once this number of players is reached, idle kick will be enabled and set to the specified value.

Desired idle kick time, in seconds

The number of seconds that the idle kick timer will be set to, once it has been enabled.

Yeah, that works. But I think it's just enabling/disabling the built-in server idle kick. With this approach you'd be able to make your own custom idle kick based on the time since the last event. (last chat, last kill, last death, last score, etc) ...

As it is, you can make the plugin do Adaptive -Anything- ... you could even change the server size, or tickets (does not take effect immediately), or anything you want based on how many players in the server, how long the round has been going etc.

Originally Posted by WaxMyCarrot*:

how do i make this say like DOUBLE KILL, TRIPLE KILL, QUADRUPLE KILL for any weapon? just want an announced or something to say in the chat when a player gets 2,3,4 kills in 1 shot...or 1 explosion.

For this limit, you can set it to any weapon you wish, as long as you know the name of the weapon. I will show it here for "C4". The way it works is that it tracks multiple kills in a very short amount of time with the same weapon. When this happens, you are either hacking or you just got a multi-kill.

Set limit to evaluate OnKill, and set action to Say

Code:

( kill.Weapon.Equals("C4") )
Set second_check to this Expression::

Code:

( limit.Activations(player.Name, TimeSpan.FromSeconds(10)) > 1 )
And set these action specific parameters:

Code:

say_audience = All
              say_message = %p_n% multi-kill achievement with %w_n%!
The rate for this limit is +1 kill in 10 seconds, you may adjust this as you see fit.
This is what I am looking for as well.. I know if you do a Double Kill it says it on the bottom of the screen in game.. so is there a way to detect these and have the server say a message for each?

Originally Posted by pharbehind*:

Wax, awesome... I had that plugin this whole time and never noticed that setting lol.. wow.

micovery - another request.

Possible to have the server rotate maps thru the list every 15 minutes if the server is empty? Once a player joins, then I'd want to stop that automatic rotation.

Originally Posted by ghostfighter777*:

hi little question, the plugin can enable or disable a limit ?

for enable on say "!ESL ON" the limit 1,2,3, etc.. or limit name and if i say "!ESL OFF", disable the limit #1, 2, 3...

limit enable / disable = weapon limit

thx in advance

This is what I am looking for as well.. I know if you do a Double Kill it says it on the bottom of the screen in game.. so is there a way to detect these and have the server say a message for each?

In general, if you don't see it in your console.log/Console tab or your Events tab in PRoCon, it's not info that's provided to plugins.

The server protocol doesn't tell PRoCon that info directly (it also doesn't tell about Avenger, Nemesis, Suppression Assist, Kill Assist, etc.). All PRoCon gets is the OnKill event with the time to the second. Insane Limits would need to provide that data, perhaps by adding a Time property to the KillInfoInterface object. With that info, you could store kill events and compare with future kill events (two for double kills, three for triple, etc.) to find OnKill events with the same killer, same time, same weapon, but different victims. This would also be handy for catching certain types of mass kill hacks.

So make that a wish list item for a future version!

hi little question, the plugin can enable or disable a limit ?

for enable on say "!ESL ON" the limit 1,2,3, etc.. or limit name and if i say "!ESL OFF", disable the limit #1, 2, 3...

limit enable / disable = weapon limit

thx in advance

This is a great idea. Some care would be needed to make sure only certain players (admins) can use that command, but I think it's something everyone would find useful. I think it can be done with plugin.setPluginVarValue. For example, if the command were:

!limit 3 Disabled

(same meaning as your !ESL OFF 3), I think this code would work (NOT REAL CODE, DO NOT TRY TO COMPILE!):

Code:

String id = ... the number parsed out of the chat command ...
String state = ... the state, Enabled/Disabled/Virtual, parsed out of the chat command ...
String limitName = "limit_" + id + "_state";
plugin.setPluginVarValue(limitName, state);
Better still would be if a future version of Insane Limits just made this an Action, with a corresponding function on the Plugin object, with parameters for limit id and the desired state. So yet another wish list item!

perhaps something in the lines of # of kills within 1 second?

within 1 second. 2 kills say double kill. 3 kills say triple kill... and so on? just an idea.

perhaps something in the lines of # of kills within 1 second?

within 1 second. 2 kills say double kill. 3 kills say triple kill... and so on? just an idea.

This is what the C4 Multi kill achievement example does already ... the problem as I said before is that ... you do not get all kills at once .... the kill events come one at time ... so in order to get to TRIPLE-KILL, the plugin would have to go first through a DOUBLE-KILL, which will result in a lot of spam.

Suppose that a player makes a QUINTUPLE-KILL ... over the next second, the plugin will receive the following events.

1st KILL - Announce nothing

2nd KILL - Announce DOUBLE-KILL

3rd KILL - Announce TRIPLE-KILL

4th KILL - Announce QUADRUPLE-KILL

5th KILL - Announce QUINTUPLE-KILL

Unless you are willing to put up with the spam, it's not possible to do.

This is what the C4 Multi kill achievement example does already ... the problem as I said before is that ... you do not get all kills at once .... the kill events come one at time ... so in order to get to TRIPLE-KILL, the plugin would have to go first through a DOUBLE-KILL, which will result in a lot of spam.

Suppose that a player makes a QUINTUPLE-KILL ... over the next second, the plugin will receive the following events.

1st KILL - Announce nothing

2nd KILL - Announce DOUBLE-KILL

3rd KILL - Announce TRIPLE-KILL

4th KILL - Announce QUADRUPLE-KILL

5th KILL - Announce QUINTUPLE-KILL

Unless you are willing to put up with the spam, it's not possible to do.

ah true that. damn thought this would be really cool to have.

ah true that. damn thought this would be really cool to have.

There is one way, but it's not supported right now by the plugin, it would involve threads. When the player makes the first kill, the plugin would spawn a separate thread, and sleep for a couple of seconds to let the kills accumulate ... after that sleep time, the plugin re-checks how many kills have accumulated ... and sends the message.

There is one way, but it's not supported right now by the plugin, it would involve threads. When the player makes the first kill, the plugin would spawn a separate thread, and sleep for a couple of seconds to let the kills accumulate ... after that sleep time, the plugin re-checks how many kills have accumulated ... and sends the message.

yea like for it to gather the amount of kills made within 1 second, then, after the 1 second, display the message for the amount of kills. sounds like it be a real cool addon. ill be pming you soon to submit a donation from the TeaBaggers United. your plugin is the useful and regulars in our servers LOVE it.

Originally Posted by jtsiper*:

I was wondering if I can do a MAV shame like the knife just not sure where to get the mav name from?

Regex.Match(kill.Weapon, "(Melee|Knife)").Success need MAV name.

Thanks,

jt