Insane Limits Requests

ImportBot

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

First of all, I want to say THANK YOU PapaCharlie for everything you've provided. I have over 20 limits running regularly on my BF3 server, and it has made things SO much easier.

I've been pretty keen about taking your existing examples and tweaking them to my usage, but there's one that I can't seem to figure out, and I've finally cracked and joined up to reach out for help. (An IT guy asking for help..my pride :sad: lol)

I want tt make a warning system for campers, that is very similar to this warning system : www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...derslung-limit*

Basically, I want it so they can say !camper after they get killed by someone hunkered down in a corner, laying down or generally not moving. The warning system would be the same - 3 strikes and youre out, sending a warning message to the camper telling them they have complaints against them each time, etc. Is this something you could test out for me? I would be eternally grateful, and even throw a donation your way for all your help, past and present.

Many many thanks!

- Cory

I replied in that thread. Let's carry on the discussion there:

http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...ll=1#post50971*

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally Posted by Learning-Curve*:

Does IL plugin pull data from Procon (ie only what procon tracks from server) or can it also pull server data as it does with battle log?

Does IL plugin pull data from Procon (ie only what procon tracks from server) or can it also pull server data as it does with battle log?

I'm not sure what you mean by "server data". IL uses RCON game server protocol data passed along by PRoCon and it also uses a subset of Battlelog player stats data. Which "server" do you mean?

@Papa I wasnt sure if a plugin could query (rcon) game server data or only what procon passes along/receives/filters from rcon tool. Really hoping live accuracy was possible but it seems that the way ea/dice have it set up its not possible atm. So this question is resolved thanks to you and phil...peace

Originally Posted by Singh400*:

anyone know the code for FAMAS? planning to restrict it since it has a bug causing the battlelog reset....

thanks for the info.

Looking through the BF3.def file this is the only thing I can find for it:

Code:

procon.protected.weapons.add Assault "FAMAS" Primary AssaultRifle

Originally Posted by Mootart*:

Looking through the BF3.def file this is the only thing I can find for it:

Code:

procon.protected.weapons.add Assault "FAMAS" Primary AssaultRifle
Thanks bro. making a simple retriction limit for famas since its a bugged causing battlelog reset.

hey mate do you know something about the agressive join option on procon? this is for the reserver slot list right is it working properly i tried enabling it and adding player ingame names on slot but it doesnt seem to work. any feedback?

Thanks bro. making a simple restriction limit for famas since its a bugged causing battlelog reset.

Hopefully it'll be fixed soon, if not I'll have to do the same.

hey mate do you know something about the agressive join option on procon? this is for the reserver slot list right is it working properly i tried enabling it and adding player ingame names on slot but it doesnt seem to work. any feedback?

I know it sort of half works. See ...*. Also, Server R24 is coming soon as well, which is meant to add proper reserved slots - see ...*.

Originally Posted by Hutchew*:

Papacharlie, thank you for all your contributions; you have really helped us streamline our servers with InsaneLimits.

I have another request, one that may be a game-changer for a lot of people. It has come to our attention a common hack these days is a damage modifier, as seen in this video:

Is there any way to check a players hit/kill ratio (such as the kdr/spm plugin code we use now) and then set a limit as to the percentage allowed?

Thanks,

Hutchew

Papacharlie, thank you for all your contributions; you have really helped us streamline our servers with InsaneLimits.

I have another request, one that may be a game-changer for a lot of people. It has come to our attention a common hack these days is a damage modifier, as seen in this video:

Is there any way to check a players hit/kill ratio (such as the kdr/spm plugin code we use now) and then set a limit as to the percentage allowed?

Thanks,

Hutchew

I'm not 100% convinced with this method. Where is the limit? 30? 40? 50? What about players who play sniper only? They will have a really high rate compared to someone who plays mostly support.

I'm not sure IL supports fetching those stats out of the box. I guess you could hack it to include it or maybe just bypass Battlelog and use the BF3stats API as long as the players stats in question were updated.

Originally Posted by DeviousDevil*:

Thanks,

Hutchew

I actually have a clan member who has a plug in / limit in the works for this kind of hack detection.. I don't want to go into detail, but it will have ways to see what guns are being used and what hit/kill % for that weapon. It will also take into account whether they are using snipers or shoty's etc etc..*His first test failed, but he's working on it* So be patient, things are in the works :P

note: I started using that check method since that vid, and have found a few players that were 100% hit/kill ratio with multiple guns in their inventory..Needless to say they were banned off my server.

Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx*:

hi,

i am currently using the procon voteban & votekick plugin www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...2-2011-BC2-BF3*

this plugin requires players to type @vote yes. however, on my server, a lot of people still type @yes or !yes to vote despite the auto messages telling them to type @vote yes.

is there a way to have a limit where both @vote yes and @yes or !yes will be accepted to cast a vote? i only use the votekick feature and not the voteban.

thanks!

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

Hey xFaNtASyGiRLx,

You might want to take a look at Tim Sad's Votekick plugin: www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...17-2012%29-BF3*

You can change the commands to your needs with that one.

BTW: isn't this the wrong topic? :ohmy:

Hey xFaNtASyGiRLx,

You might want to take a look at Tim Sad's Votekick plugin: www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...17-2012%29-BF3*

You can change the commands to your needs with that one.

BTW: isn't this the wrong topic? :ohmy:

Beat me to it.

lol, it was a special request. only because i know that there is a limit for votekick already. and i was just wondering if that limit he made could take BOTH @vote yes and @yes.

i would like both @vote yes and @yes to be accepted because so many players have been using both. i guess different servers run different vote plugins so players vote differently.

does timsad's plugin accept two types of votes?

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

No, I don't think so.

As most servers seem to use @yes / !yes we switched to this command too.

Thanks,

Hutchew

I don't think Insane Limits can help with this, beyond the existing KPM, KDR stuff. Your best bet sounds like the new plugin mentioned above by @DeviousDevil.

lol, it was a special request. only because i know that there is a limit for votekick already. and i was just wondering if that limit he made could take BOTH @vote yes and @yes.

i would like both @vote yes and @yes to be accepted because so many players have been using both. i guess different servers run different vote plugins so players vote differently.

I'm not sure what you are asking either. The voteban and votekick for Insane Limits can easily be changed to accept multiple versions of vote responses. You can even have German, French, Dutch and Spanish if you want, like !jawohl. On the other hand, the Insane Limits versions are very primitive, with no timeout, no status reporting, no encouragin players to vote, etc. Just bare bones.

The other plugins are more full featured, but not sure if they can accept multiple vote commands. Maybe ask their developers?

I'm not sure what you are asking either. The voteban and votekick for Insane Limits can easily be changed to accept multiple versions of vote responses. You can even have German, French, Dutch and Spanish if you want, like !jawohl. On the other hand, the Insane Limits versions are very primitive, with no timeout, no status reporting, no encouragin players to vote, etc. Just bare bones.

The other plugins are more full featured, but not sure if they can accept multiple vote commands. Maybe ask their developers?

i did ask but no reply :sad:

it seems like a simple fix too but i know nothing of how this coding stuff works.

Just out of plain interest can we now identify premium players using IL? You can quite clearly see if a player is premium or not on their Battlelog page, which makes me think there has to be a key related somewhere.

I notice how IL will come across stuff like suicide and say its not known adding it to dictionary (which we know never does - if it does never remembers it). What is going to happen with these new weapons? Will weapon list grow on its own from 74 automatically or does it need to be added to IL.cs_?

PS. @papa - the part about hit/kill ratio (i get we have gone around about accuracy) but incase you havent noticed BattleLog now shows your accuracy with "shots hit" just below it. Not sure how the math would make it helpful, now if it was live ingame data it would be great.

Just out of plain interest can we now identify premium players using IL? You can quite clearly see if a player is premium or not on their Battlelog page, which makes me think there has to be a key related somewhere.

Don't you love how if you run a server, pay for a server and have members that help contribute to a server will now get bumped down the Que list if YOU PAY EA $50. Smack in the face and No reserved slots!!!

Originally Posted by k4n30*:

Don't you love how if you run a server, pay for a server and have members that help contribute to a server will now get bumped down the Que list if YOU PAY EA $50. Smack in the face and No reserved slots!!!

This is yet to be confirmed, so might not want to complain about it yet. They are still ironing out bugs in relation to server queues, some saying reserved slots are working, some saying they aren't, and some not even having queues (option disabled by GSP)

Best to read this thread* before posting irrelevant information in a plugin thread

Follow the steps in this micovery post manually and see if the JSON has been updated with new properties. If the data is there, we can add it to IL:

www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...-from-a-plugin*

Follow the steps in this micovery post manually and see if the JSON has been updated with new properties. If the data is there, we can add it to IL:

www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...-from-a-plugin*

Believe me, I've tried to get my head round that post. I just need a push in the right direction. Do I need to compile a new plugin altogether? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Originally Posted by hozerdude*:

I have 2 plugin request!!

#1 Plugin Request

=====================

OK I tried Kill rate checker and I cant seem to make it work the way I want!

So I need a small simple script that will do what I need it to do.

#1 max kills per round. ( set at any amount I want for auto ban or auto kick )

if max kills reach IE: lets say 35 I want to have these 2 option only

1a. Ban player

1b. Kick player

reason for Kick option stated at time of kick--->? say anything I want

reason for ban option stated at time of kick--->? say anything I want

You can call the script MaxKillz or whatever

I will be more than willing to pay for this small script

#2 Plugin Request!!

======================

Alot of users feel that the Jets are way over powered. I would like to have a plugin that will remove the jets from a conquest map! Or better yet is it possible to substitute the jets for helo's?

I'll will pay for these 2 plugins in a heart beat!!

@Papa,Singh - I looked at your link papa and nodoubt left me clueless. I am watching this questionable player that annouced he reset his stats. Just incase it was not observed. 1- Headline #'s change but the bottom of the battle log page still shows All Time Stats (which does not get reset). Which does IL query in Overview? The reset stats? or The all time stats?

Does this mean IL can compare (player.AllTimeStats) to (player.CurrentStats) ? I am thinking this reset could be used to hide a hack but also has the opposite effect of making new hacks blatantly obvious by not being hidding in countless hours of play. Also stat reset doesnt appear to affect BF3Stats page, history still cumulative (does not show reset)...peace

ps. It would be great if there was a way to "COUNT" resets. This behavior could be a flag to question wadup witdat.

Believe me, I've tried to get my head round that post. I just need a push in the right direction. Do I need to compile a new plugin altogether? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

You just type the URL into your browser, save the HTML, use a text editor to search the HTML as recommended in the post for the link to the JSON and then type that URL into your browser. You should get a text page that is all the JSON stats.

@Papa,Singh - I looked at your link papa and nodoubt left me clueless. I am watching this questionable player that annouced he reset his stats. Just incase it was not observed. 1- Headline #'s change but the bottom of the battle log page still shows All Time Stats (which does not get reset). Which does IL query in Overview? The reset stats? or The all time stats?

Does this mean IL can compare (player.AllTimeStats) to (player.CurrentStats) ? I am thinking this reset could be used to hide a hack but also has the opposite effect of making new hacks blatantly obvious by not being hidding in countless hours of play. Also stat reset doesnt appear to affect BF3Stats page, history still cumulative (does not show reset)...peace

ps. It would be great if there was a way to "COUNT" resets. This behavior could be a flag to question wadup witdat.

The same discussion is happening here:

www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...et-their-stats*

So let's keep it all there.

I have 2 plugin request!!

#1 Plugin Request

=====================

OK I tried Kill rate checker and I cant seem to make it work the way I want!

So I need a small simple script that will do what I need it to do.

#1 max kills per round. ( set at any amount I want for auto ban or auto kick )

if max kills reach IE: lets say 35 I want to have these 2 option only

1a. Ban player

1b. Kick player

reason for Kick option stated at time of kick--->? say anything I want

reason for ban option stated at time of kick--->? say anything I want

You can call the script MaxKillz or whatever

I will be more than willing to pay for this small script

#2 Plugin Request!!

======================

Alot of users feel that the Jets are way over powered. I would like to have a plugin that will remove the jets from a conquest map! Or better yet is it possible to substitute the jets for helo's?

I'll will pay for these 2 plugins in a heart beat!!

Unfortunately, Request #2 is not possible. There is no way to exclude one type of vehicle. You either prevent all of them from spawning or none of them. Personally, I don't agree that jets are overpowered -- there are some jet whores who are very, very good, but the run of the mill pilot can be taken out with a couple of missiles, air or ground.

Request #1 requires more detail. When you say, "I want to have these 2 option only ... kick or ban", what decides which option to use for a given player? Do you literally mean you want Insane Limits to send you email and ask you what you want to do?

What IL can do easily is:

1) the first time a player exceeds maxKills, kick them with specified reason

2) the second time the same player exceeds maxKills (either in the same round or ever -- but you have to specify which one), ban them with specified reason

If that's what you meant, that's easy, but I don't want to write the code until you confirm that's what you wanted.

Archived