MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by jking54*:

Yup indeed that one.

Thanks! We'll leave it on as it is.

Must say that this is a really impressing plugin. Just to many options! :P

It's hard to find the right setting that will make the rounds balanced, and still doesn't cause too much whining.

Is this for Official servers? I don't see this in my Startup.txt at NFO for Ranked.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by IAF-SDS*:

NFO controls certain variables like vars.autobalance because they are locked for Official and Ranked servers (see your Easy Setup tab).

If you turn off DICE's autobalance, your server becomes unranked (at least this is how it is in BF3, and I assume it is true for BF4).

NFO controls certain variables like vars.autobalance because they are locked for Official and Ranked servers (see your Easy Setup tab).

If you turn off DICE's autobalance, your server becomes unranked (at least this is how it is in BF3, and I assume it is true for BF4).

Now I see it, I knew it was there somewhere, thanks.

Doesn't get much better than this:

[22:52:12 09] [MULTIbalancer]:3 :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Round over detected ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[22:52:12 10] [MULTIbalancer]:6 OnRoundOver: Game state = RoundEnding

[22:52:12 17] [MULTIbalancer]:6 (SCRAMBLER) Scrambling teams by BattlelogSPM in 57 seconds

[22:52:12 23] [MULTIbalancer]:2 FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:

[22:52:12 23] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Plugin state = Active, game state = RoundEnding

[22:52:12 24] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Map = Golmud Railway, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 00:24:56, tickets = 0/4

[22:52:12 24] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Ticket difference = 4, ticket ratio percentage is 400%

[22:52:12 24] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Autobalance is not active, phase = Late, population = High, speed = Slow, unstack when ticket ratio >= 120%

[22:52:12 25] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: 0/17 raged, 0 reassigned, 0 balanced, 0 unstacked, 0 unswitched, 3 excluded, 0 exempted, 0 failed; of 680 TOTAL

[22:52:12 26] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Team counts [66] = 33(US) vs 33(RU), with 0 unassigned

[22:52:12 26] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Team difference = 0

[22:52:12 26] [MULTIbalancer]:2 +------------------------------------------------+

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

hi guys.

please tell me how to configure the plugin so that it is simply equated the number of players on the team.

worked as a TrueBalancer for BC2

Please read the FAQ thread*:

Getting Started: How to do your first setup

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-faq-and-detailed-explanations#entry43462

Some of you have noted T1:US/RU and T2:CN/RU in messages. I've added this Known Issue to post #2:

What's this T1:US/RU and T2:CN/RU business? In Section 5 - Messages, the replacement for %toTeam% and %fromTeam% in messages result in T1:US/RU or T2:CN/RU in BF4. This is due to changes made in BF4, which a) now include different factions for different maps, where one map might be US vs CN and another is US vs RU, and B) the new vars.team1FactionOverride and vars.team2FactionOverride commands will allow admins to change the factions of every map. It's a limitation of the current plugin that it doesn't know which faction is assigned to which team for each map, so instead, it uses these "catch-all" codes. If you don't like them, remove the %fromTeam% and %toTeam% replacements and reword your messages.

Thanks to IAF SDS, here is a suggestion on how to deal with team faction names in MULTIbalancer messages.

Below IAF SDS shows how to change your messages. Red is the default message and blue is the new suggestion (I kept them next to each other to keep it easy for comparison).

Quite Mode: False

Yell Duration: 10

Chat Moved for Balance: *** MOVED %name% for balance ...

Yell Moved for Balance: Moved %name% for balance ...

Chat Moved to Unstack: *** MOVED %name% to unstack teams ...

Yell Moved to Unstack: Moved %name% to unstack teams ...

Chat Detected Bad Team Switch: %name%, you can't switch to team %fromTeam%: %reason%, sending you back ...

Chat Detected Bad Team Switch: %name%: %reason% Sending you back ...

Yell Detected Bad Team Switch: You can't switch to the %fromTeam% team: %reason%, sending you back!

Yell Detected Bad Team Switch: %name%: %reason% Sending you back!

Bad Because Moved By Balancer: autobalance moved you to the %toTeam% team

Bad Because Moved By Balancer: Switching teams is not allowed because autobalance moved you.

Bad Because Winning Team: switching to the winning team is not allowed

Bad Because Winning Team: Switching to the winning team is not allowed.

Bad Because Biggest Team: switching to the biggest team is not allowed

Bad Because Biggest Team: Switching to the biggest team is not allowed.

Bad Because Rank: this server splits Colonel 100's between teams

Bad Because Rank: Switching teams is not allowed because this server splits Colonel 100's between teams.

Bad Because Dispersal List: you're on the list of players to split between teams

Bad Because Dispersal List: Switching teams is not allowed because you're on the list of players to split between teams.

Chat Detected Good Team Switch: %name%, thanks for helping out the %toTeam% team!

Chat Detected Good Team Switch: %name%, thanks for helping out the weaker team!

Yell Detected Good Team Switch: Thanks for helping out the %toTeam% team!

Yell Detected Good Team Switch: Thanks for helping out the weaker team!

Chat After Unswitching: %name%, please stay on the %toTeam% team for the rest of this round

Chat After Unswitching: %name%, please stay on this team for the rest of this round.

Yell After Unswitching: Please stay on the %toTeam% team for the rest of this round

Yell After Unswitching: Please stay on this team for the rest of this round.

Originally Posted by Chilace*:

KNOWN ISSUES

• Log message spam: "ADMIN moved player (REVERSED) xxx, MULTIbalancer will respect this move". I'm not entirely sure why this is happening. It doesn't happen on BF3, so it's some kind of change in the BF4 game server, probably for the new "Join On Friend" functionality. You can just ignore these messages or set your Debug Level to 1 to silence them, and pretty much everything else.

?It always happened on our BF3 server

Originally Posted by GaWebDev*:

Sorry if this is a duplicate issue post as Ii searched but could not find a reference to it. In regards to setting to include vip list in whitelist I have it set to true. I also used the whitelist feature and listed by player name. My understanding was that if no that if no code was applied to the name then all options were applied as the documentation states:

Each line of the Whitelist may include one more more option codes that control which exclusions are applied. The codes MUST come after the name/tag/guid and must be separated by spaces. No codes means all options are applied. Codes can only be specified directly in the plugin setting or in a merge file, they cannot be specified in the reserved slots list if Enable Whitelisting Of Reserved Slots List is True. The codes are described in the following table:

I guess I'm missing something here as my vip and whitelist players are not immune from any balancing functions_Code:
[14:58:57 56] [MULTIbalancer]:1 WARNING: Skipping unknown Whitelist code , in item: P0W3RTACO
Thanks in advance for the support!

Yes, you can use All-Time now. The next update of MB will enable Reset, but for now it is the same as All-Time.

Reminder: All-Time (and Reset) are only useful if you use the BattlelogKDR, BattlelogSPM or BattlelogScore choices.

Which one of these has proven to work best with CQ LG on a wide open map such as Golrud? Scramble also, ty.

Originally Posted by anditfeels*:

Well, it can sort of do that, but not exactly...

Well I was testing the plugin last few days, so I've got some questions:

1. There was a few times a moment, when balancer collected two clans together (7 members of one and 3 members of another). How to make the rule to not collect clans in one team?

2. When we were playing, balancer moved some of our members to the enemy team, how to make the rule to let balancer collect our members to one team, but don't let to split us?

3. Many times I saw a picture, when one team has 12 players and the enemy team has 9 players and balancer didn't moved anybody. How to make the balancer to react immidiately?

4. There was a picture some time, when one team had two top players (15:0 and 18:0), and the enemy team had no players even with 10 kills, how to make the balancer to balance such situations (like move one of these players to the other team)?

Originally Posted by dtune*:

Hello, first, thanks for your work on this plugin.

But is there any chances in the Future to enable it and to keep the official mode ? Or do we need to wait some moves form DICE on this point ? (the admin.movePlayer command)

Regards,

Sorry if this is a duplicate issue post as Ii searched but could not find a reference to it. In regards to setting to include vip list in whitelist I have it set to true. I also used the whitelist feature and listed by player name. My understanding was that if no that if no code was applied to the name then all options were applied as the documentation states:

I guess I'm missing something here as my vip and whitelist players are not immune from any balancing functions_Code:

[14:58:57 56] [MULTIbalancer]:1 WARNING: Skipping unknown Whitelist code , in item: P0W3RTACO
Thanks in advance for the support!
You've got an extra blank space or tab or non-printing character in one of the lines, either in what you entered into the Whitelist or in the reserved slots list. Check everything and see if you can find it.

Well I was testing the plugin last few days, so I've got some questions:

1. There was a few times a moment, when balancer collected two clans together (7 members of one and 3 members of another). How to make the rule to not collect clans in one team?

You can't do that for all clans. You can only do it for specific clans, like, if you don't want the XYZ clan, the clan that you know, to all be on one team. But the ABC clan, that you don't know and never heard of, might all be on one team. There is currently no way to split all clans regardless of who they are or whether you know them or not. If you like, I can add that as a feature request.

2. When we were playing, balancer moved some of our members to the enemy team, how to make the rule to let balancer collect our members to one team, but don't let to split us?

First, add your clan tag or members to the Whitelist with the exclusion code S. This allows your team members to switch teams if they want. Set On Whitelist to True.

Second, put your members or clan tag into the Friends list in Group 1 (see post #1 and the FAQ for detailed instructions) and set On Friends List to True.

This does not guarantee that all your members will instantly be on one team, but over time as balancing moves are made and your team members die and are moved, they will migrate to Team 1.

3. Many times I saw a picture, when one team has 12 players and the enemy team has 9 players and balancer didn't moved anybody. How to make the balancer to react immidiately?

For BF4, you can't, unless you find a way to disable Join On Friend in Battlelog. This is explained in post #2.

4. There was a picture some time, when one team had two top players (15:0 and 18:0), and the enemy team had no players even with 10 kills, how to make the balancer to balance such situations (like move one of these players to the other team)?

Use Definition of Strong: RoundKills and make sure Only Move Weak Players is False and your Balance speed is either Aggressive or Fast. As long as your teams are not balanced by number, top killers will get balanced between the teams. If your teams are balanced, only unstacking would do that, but that is very hard to configure and probably not worth it just to split up two players that are owning.

Hello, first, thanks for your work on this plugin.

But is there any chances in the Future to enable it and to keep the official mode ? Or do we need to wait some moves form DICE on this point ? (the admin.movePlayer command)

Regards,

You'll have to ask DICE. I doubt very, very much that this will ever change.

Depending on what options are selected I suppose, what is generally an optimum setting for "Seconds Until Adaptive Speed Becomes Fast"? I'm using a hybrid Intensify/Agressive style which seems to work well with minimal whine.

Also, question on this with codes, am I correct in assuming that this refers to the codes (options)_:

"No codes means all options are applied"

I getting complaints from guys who are in first place or near getting switched to the losing team at the end even though Top Scorers are exempt, how to prevent this for most part? Also guys in squads who complain of being broke up, now most of these aren't in the exclusion list(s) so not sure what I could do for them. I have squads together for scrambling but not during game.

Originally Posted by GaWebDev*:

You've got an extra blank space or tab or non-printing character in one of the lines, either in what you entered into the Whitelist or in the reserved slots list. Check everything and see if you can find it.

Roger. Thanks!

At Debug Level 3 or higher, you'll get logging in plugin.log of a line that looks like this:

Code:

[08:26:39] [MULTIbalancer]:3 Between round seconds = 72, average of 68 rounds = 71.2
This is to help you choose the scrambling delay. The average time between round over and start of next round is 71.2 seconds for my server for my particular map rotation. You need to allow 15 to 20 seconds for Scrambler to do its work, so usually something between 50 and 60 seconds works best. I'm using 55 for my map rotation. Your rotation may vary.
I have it set at debug 6 and there is nothing in my plugin.log but start and stop times, no entries.

EDIT: logging was off on my layer, sorry.

Got this error moments ago, never had it before:

[20:44:29 48] [MULTIbalancer]:6 DEBUG: ServerInfo update: fMaxTickets = 1200

[20:44:29 51] Error: Error in Startstreaming: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(T Key key)

at PRoConEvents.CChatGUIDStatsLogger.StartStreaming()

You can't do that for all clans. You can only do it for specific clans, like, if you don't want the XYZ clan, the clan that you know, to all be on one team. But the ABC clan, that you don't know and never heard of, might all be on one team. There is currently no way to split all clans regardless of who they are or whether you know them or not. If you like, I can add that as a feature request.

I would like to see this as a feature request, provided it isn't too much work for you.

Also, I believe I have it set up correctly to evenly distribute the IAF squads equally between teams. Too often I have heard players complaining that the IAF guys are all stacking one team, so lets see if I set these settings correctly:

In Section 4 - Scrambler, I have the following:

Only on New Maps: True

Only on Final Ticket Percentages >= 133

Scramble by: BattlelogSPM

Keep Squads Together: True

Divide By: ClanTag

Clan Tag to Divide By: IAF?

Delay Seconds: 50

1) If the IAF guys are in, let's say, two full squads, I want the scrambler to keep the members of each squad together, but place one IAF squad on each side so they aren't all stacking one team. Do the settings above achieve this? Or are they basically breaking up all IAF squads and only keeping all of the other clan tag squads together?

2) Since we add clan tags only within the name itself, as in IAF_PlayerName, will the above "IAF_" designation be read as a clan tag?

(I know we talked about this during the development of the plugin and you had said at least one section of the settings worked to read tags when they were part of the name, but I just can't find any mention of this in the plugin details or first page of this thread).

3) This part is a little confusing:

Divide By: None, ClanTag, or DispersalGroup. Specifies how players should be divided into teams during scrambling. ClanTag divides all players evenly between the two teams if they have the clan tag specified in Clan Tag To Divide By. Only one tag may be specified.

It sounds like if ClanTag is selected, it will only divide the IAF guys evenly between the two teams (per the settings above), and Im not sure if this means everyone may get divided randomly thru scrambling or if it means no one else gets divided at all.

Thinking about this more, I have a feeling its not doing what I thought the settings above would do, and I might be breaking up IAF squads completely with this setting. In other words, I have a feeling "Keep Squads Together: True" is conflicting with "Divide By: ClanTag" and "Clan Tag to Divide By: IAF_" for what I want.

Personally, I think RoundScore works best.

4) I have BattlelogSPM set currently. Why do you think RoundScore works best? Is it because the battlelog stats are too new to properly analyze people, or some other reason? When it tracks RoundScore, does this reset each round, or does it keep an average RoundScore for a particular player who may play for a few hours until he disconnects from the server? If we run with RoundScore, is there any reason to have it fetch anything more than ClanTagOnly?

Originally Posted by Overclocked*:

Thanks for all the work put into this plugin!

Just a question for suggested settings, I have the roundTimeLimit set to 100 for all modes, which generally gives a 30 min timer for conquest etc. Obviously this can cause the round to end earlier than the plugin will see ticket wise for when late phase should be. Should I adjust the tickets from end for conquest to reflect that? It doesn't help the game isn't really letting us change ticket counts per mode etc.

Right now my conquest large settings are 800 tickets (default) early as 267 from start, late 200 from end. I find the game can end with the losing team still having 200 tickets via the 30 min timer.

I have it set at debug 6 and there is nothing in my plugin.log but start and stop times, no entries.

EDIT: logging was off on my layer, sorry.

Got this error moments ago, never had it before:

[20:44:29 48] [MULTIbalancer]:6 DEBUG: ServerInfo update: fMaxTickets = 1200

[20:44:29 51] Error: Error in Startstreaming: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(T Key key)

at PRoConEvents.CChatGUIDStatsLogger.StartStreaming()

Not my plugin, bud.

I would like to see this as a feature request, provided it isn't too much work for you.

Also, I believe I have it set up correctly to evenly distribute the IAF squads equally between teams. Too often I have heard players complaining that the IAF guys are all stacking one team, so lets see if I set these settings correctly:

In Section 4 - Scrambler, I have the following:

Only on New Maps: True

Only on Final Ticket Percentages >= 133

Scramble by: BattlelogSPM

Keep Squads Together: True

Divide By: ClanTag

Clan Tag to Divide By: IAF?

Delay Seconds: 50

1) If the IAF guys are in, let's say, two full squads, I want the scrambler to keep the members of each squad together, but place one IAF squad on each side so they aren't all stacking one team. Do the settings above achieve this?

A qualified yes. Barring several problems that can happen during a scramble, like a locked squad or players that leave/join and throw off internal counts, those settings should divide IAF by squad rather than by individual player.

2) Since we add clan tags only within the name itself, as in IAF_PlayerName, will the above "IAF_" designation be read as a clan tag?

(I know we talked about this during the development of the plugin and you had said at least one section of the settings worked to read tags when they were part of the name, but I just can't find any mention of this in the plugin details or first page of this thread).

Use IAF, not IAF_. When a prefix is detected, the separator character(s) are dropped. For example, if your prefix was -_IAF_-SDS, you would still use IAF and all the decoration would be dropped. Any 2 to 4 characters between any number of =, _, or - is treated as a tag. Actually, the most accurate statement is the actual regex expression, which is: @"^[=_\-]*([^=_\-]{2,4})[=_\-]"

3) This part is a little confusing:

Divide By: None, ClanTag, or DispersalGroup. Specifies how players should be divided into teams during scrambling. ClanTag divides all players evenly between the two teams if they have the clan tag specified in Clan Tag To Divide By. Only one tag may be specified.

It sounds like if ClanTag is selected, it will only divide the IAF guys evenly between the two teams (per the settings above), and Im not sure if this means everyone may get divided randomly thru scrambling or if it means no one else gets divided at all.

You are confusing "divided" with "scrambled", they are two different things. Everyone gets scrambled. If you define DivideBy settings, there are additional steps to insure that the scrambling choices conform to the divide-by setting. Your settings will do what you want, barring the exceptions I noted: IAF will be kept together in squads, the squads will be divided evenly between teams to the greatest extent possible, and then all other squads will be scrambled between the teams, though not necessarily divided evenly (whatever that means for players without the matching tag -- you could randomly get two squads of XYZ on one team and none on the other).

The overriding requirement, though, is that teams stay more or less balanced by player count. If there are 3 squads of 5 players each, all with IAF tags, 2 squads will end up on one team and 1 squad will be on the other. That's already a 5 player disparity between teams. If there aren't enough other players to fill in, due to the KeepSquadsTogether constraint or other exceptions, IAF will be split up in order to make the team counts more even. It's best effort, not a guarantee.

4) I have BattlelogSPM set currently. Why do you think RoundScore works best? Is it because the battlelog stats are too new to properly analyze people, or some other reason? When it tracks RoundScore, does this reset each round, or does it keep an average RoundScore for a particular player who may play for a few hours until he disconnects from the server? If we run with RoundScore, is there any reason to have it fetch anything more than ClanTagOnly?

Right, BF4 hasn't been running long enough for good averages to be established for SPM or KDR in Battlelog. The SPM of a level 4 noob is not comparable to the SPM of a level 47 freak. Indeed, the level 4 noob could be double the SPM of the level 47 freak, but does that mean the level 4 noob is strong, or just lucky? SPM is particularly vulnerable to stat-padding -- 4 friends can run around capping flags on an otherwise empty server and have astronomic SPMs.

RoundScore is just per-round, not an average. ClanTagOnly is all you need for the RoundX settings.

A qualified yes. Barring several problems that can happen during a scramble, like a locked squad or players that leave/join and throw off internal counts, those settings should divide IAF by squad rather than by individual player.

Use IAF, not IAF_. When a prefix is detected, the separator character(s) are dropped. For example, if your prefix was -_IAF_-SDS, you would still use IAF and all the decoration would be dropped. Any 2 to 4 characters between any number of =, _, or - is treated as a tag. Actually, the most accurate statement is the actual regex expression, which is: @"^[=_\-]*([^=_\-]{2,4})[=_\-]"

You are confusing "divided" with "scrambled", they are two different things. Everyone gets scrambled. If you define DivideBy settings, there are additional steps to insure that the scrambling choices conform to the divide-by setting. Your settings will do what you want, barring the exceptions I noted: IAF will be kept together in squads, the squads will be divided evenly between teams to the greatest extent possible, and then all other squads will be scrambled between the teams, though not necessarily divided evenly (whatever that means for players without the matching tag -- you could randomly get two squads of XYZ on one team and none on the other).

The overriding requirement, though, is that teams stay more or less balanced by player count. If there are 3 squads of 5 players each, all with IAF tags, 2 squads will end up on one team and 1 squad will be on the other. That's already a 5 player disparity between teams. If there aren't enough other players to fill in, due to the KeepSquadsTogether constraint or other exceptions, IAF will be split up in order to make the team counts more even. It's best effort, not a guarantee.

Right, BF4 hasn't been running long enough for good averages to be established for SPM or KDR in Battlelog. The SPM of a level 4 noob is not comparable to the SPM of a level 47 freak. Indeed, the level 4 noob could be double the SPM of the level 47 freak, but does that mean the level 4 noob is strong, or just lucky? SPM is particularly vulnerable to stat-padding -- 4 friends can run around capping flags on an otherwise empty server and have astronomic SPMs.

RoundScore is just per-round, not an average. ClanTagOnly is all you need for the RoundX settings.

So in essence you're saying for the time being, RoundScore is best for Scrambling? RoundSPM for CQ #8 settings?

Originally Posted by Steiner-dek*:

Hello, the balancer will not work properly with me. It is always: MULTIbalancer> All: (simulating) *** MOVED DiogoBasto13 for balance ...Simulating there, but he did not switcht the players.The server setting is Normal, and on my other two servers he does it.

Excellent Papa. Thank you for all of the detailed clarification above.

Regarding the IAF? tag designation, I used that instead of IAF because I was concerned that someone with the IAF letters within their name might be incorrectly identified as having the clan tag.

For example, when I type just IAF in battlelog's COM CENTER (upper right corner) to search for a player name starting with the IAF letters, it shows me players like this:

iafirefighter14

IAfflictedOne

If I left the Clan Tag to Divide by as "IAF_" would the underscore be enough to not catch iafirefighter14 and IAfflictedOne ?

Or would both "IAF" and "IAF_" catch iafirefighter14 and IAfflictedOne since the underscore decoration is dropped? If so, is there a way to avoid confusing players who have the "iaf" letters within their name as wearing IAF? tags ?