MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

Any new information about my scrambling problem?

Not yet, all of my test servers have been empty or have crashed before a round could end since your post. It might be a few days before I can get some good test data. Or, PM me your game server logon info or an account on your layer and I'll use your server for testing.

If you have a layer, I can just change the layer directly (make sure my account has all privileges).

If you have a game server direct connection, or you don't want to give me a layer account and would rather give me direct game server logon info, I'll need a copy of your procon/Configs/xxxx.cfg file, where xxxx is your game server IP/address. The .cfg file has all of the MB settings in it.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by anditfeels*:

Just use

TEAM

You don't need any letter codes since you want your clan to be completely whitelisted.

I made it as you wrote, but it didn't helped, balancer moves us all the time, because of balancer we could play a few rounds as attackers, after that a few rounds as defenders, and I don't how to stop balancing us. I was even trying to wrote our full nicknames, it wasn't helpfull either.

And btw, when I write TEAM into friend list, I receiving this:

Code:

[02:28:20 93] [MULTIbalancer]:1 WARNING: In Friends List, skipping bad line: TEAM
[02:28:20 93] [MULTIbalancer]:1 WARNING: Line contains only one name
It will work, if I will enter something like: TEAM B U S D R, but it anyway doesn't stop the balancer to balancing us.

Originally Posted by Repoman*:

Ok I have been trying to this balancer to work now for 5 days with no luck. I want it to start balancing when it off by 2 players.

Server is 36 player slot, 2 slots for commanders and 2 for spectators, 32 slots for regular play.

Below are SS of my setup, can someone look at them and let me what areas I need to change?

Attached Files:

Originally Posted by Fonta*:

Dat last screenshot :smile:

What would "enable logging only mode" do?

And got some other marks about your setup but that's up to you like why would you unstack untill the last ticket? And why not use the scrambler? :P

Originally Posted by corsairoz*:

I am running a BF4 server with R11.

It seems none of my clantag exclusions are working. I set the debug to 7 and I am getting a lot eof these messages:

[23:26:33 02] [MULTIbalancer]:5 (AUTO) Skipping lescyk09, clan tag not verified yet

[23:26:34 76] [MULTIbalancer]:5 (AUTO) No unstacking needed: Ticket ratio 108 vs. unstack ratio of 120

[23:26:38 22] [MULTIbalancer]:5 (AUTO) Skipping dokkan-22, clan tag not verified yet

[23:26:38 23] [MULTIbalancer]:5 (AUTO) Skipping lastth, clan tag not verified yet

[23:26:39 76] [MULTIbalancer]:5 (AUTO) No unstacking needed: Ticket ratio 108 vs. unstack ratio of 120

[23:26:42 72] [MULTIbalancer]:5 (AUTO) Skipping Psykkozz, clan tag not verified yet

[23:26:42 89] [MULTIbalancer]:5 (AUTO) Skipping hippopig, clan tag not verified yet

[23:26:48 26] [MULTIbalancer]:5 (AUTO) Excluding JamesMeyer: last move was 36 minutes ago, less than required 50 minutes

[23:26:48 49] [MULTIbalancer]:5 (AUTO) Skipping Shrapnel69, clan tag not verified yet

[23:26:52 02] [MULTIbalancer]:5 (AUTO) Skipping Buckfastbill, clan tag not verified yet

[23:26:53 09] [MULTIbalancer]:5 (AUTO) Skipping RealAg59, clan tag not verified yet

Is the clantag not verified a known issue? Is it a real issue? Would it explain the clan exclusions not working?

Thanks

Corsair

I made it as you wrote, but it didn't helped, balancer moves us all the time, because of balancer we could play a few rounds as attackers, after that a few rounds as defenders, and I don't how to stop balancing us. I was even trying to wrote our full nicknames, it wasn't helpfull either.

And btw, when I write TEAM into friend list, I receiving this:

Code:

[02:28:20 93] [MULTIbalancer]:1 WARNING: In Friends List, skipping bad line: TEAM
[02:28:20 93] [MULTIbalancer]:1 WARNING: Line contains only one name
It will work, if I will enter something like: TEAM B U S D R, but it anyway doesn't stop the balancer to balancing us.
Don't put anything in the Friends List, that won't help you with the Whitelist and actually makes things worse.

Type bad tags into Show In Log and copy/paste the result from the plugin setting window at the bottom. If you don't get any results, enable Plugin Logging in the Tools -> Options of Procon then type the command.

The Plugin is Crashing my Server every 7-14 Hours..........

I have Diabled this now is there any log file for this to check whats the reason for this_!

Regards

It's not possible for a plugin to crash a server. What exactly do you see happening on your game server?

Ok I have been trying to this balancer to work now for 5 days with no luck. I want it to start balancing when it off by 2 players.

Server is 36 player slot, 2 slots for commanders and 2 for spectators, 32 slots for regular play.

Below are SS of my setup, can someone look at them and let me what areas I need to change?

Dat last screenshot :smile:

What would "enable logging only mode" do?

And got some other marks about your setup but that's up to you like why would you unstack untill the last ticket? And why not use the scrambler? :P

Fonta is right, you have a lot of settings that will cause problems. Is it possible that you didn't read post #1, or at least the Getting Started section of post #1 that recommends what admins new to MULTIbalancer should do and what you should avoid?

I would suggest these changes:

Disable Unstacking.

Change Which Battlelog Stats to ClanTagOnly.

Set Enable In-Game Commands to False.

Set Enable Ticket Loss Rate Logging to False.

Decide what you want to do about Whitelist. You disabled adding your Reserved Slots list, which is unusual. I can't see what you have added to the Whitelist setting. If that's empty, then you should change On Whitelist to False.

Make sure Friends List and Disperse Evenly List are empty.

Your Scrambler setting for Delay is wrong. It should be something between 50 and 60 seconds. Just set it to 55 for now and read this for later (in fact, you should read the entire FAQ): myrcon.net/...multibalancer-faq-and-detailed-explanations#entry43456

Even if you are not using Scrambling, you should fix that setting in case you change your mind later.

In Section 8 Conquest Large:

Disable Disperse Evenly List (because it should be empty).

Disable Strict Dispersal (because you aren't doing Dispersal).

Most important of all: In section 9, change Enable Logging Only Mode to False. If that setting is set to true, the plugin does nothing but simulate balancing and write logging messages. It doesn't do anything to the game server. It's the setting I use to debug the plugin!

Is the clantag not verified a known issue? Is it a real issue? Would it explain the clan exclusions not working?

Thanks

Corsair

Many people are reporting problems with clan tags, but so far, I have not been able to reproduce the problem on my test servers. They fetch clan tags just fine.

There is a problem somewhere, I don't doubt that. I'm just not sure where the problem is. Is it some combination of settings of the plugin that makes clan tag fetching fail? Some kind of HTTP restriction on your layer host? Battlelog throttling? I need more data before I can decide.

Originally Posted by MrLawbreaker*:

Hey just wanted to let you know there is now a server command to get/set the squad leader of a squad. Maybe this could be integrated into a future release of this balancer, because i think when teams are being scrambled the squad leader changes.

Still getting a tonne of cannot find clantag messages for the entire team all the time. Not sure whats up with that, but obviously it will be affecting peoples exclusions.

Set your Debug Level to 7 and look for errors like this after each fetch. You might see something like this:

[07:48:31 99] [MULTIbalancer]:7 Thread(fetcher): EXCEPTION: HTTP request timed-out

This means there is something going on with your network connection. If you are running a layer, you either have network problem at your host, or your host limits your outgoing traffic and you have too much. If you run a bunch of plugins that use the network, like Stats or AdKats (assuming you use a remote MySql server), or Insane Limits, etc., you are probably bumping up against your outgoing traffic limit.

If you are not running a layer, check your network connectivity, it might have problems.

To test your network, pick a name from the bad tags list that is still playing in the server. For example, say you see PapaCharlieNiner in the bad tags list and I'm still playing in your server. Type this command into Show Command In Log:

test f4 PapaCharlieNiner

(That really is "f4", not "bf4")

That will immediately do a Battlelog fetch on the specified name. Note any errors. Try several different names as quickly as you can to see if it is a traffic related issue.

Hey just wanted to let you know there is now a server command to get/set the squad leader of a squad. Maybe this could be integrated into a future release of this balancer, because i think when teams are being scrambled the squad leader changes.

What is the server command?

Originally Posted by rbtmarshall*:

What is the server command?

Squad squad.leader Get/Set the leader of a squad

squad.listActive Get all squads that have players in them on a specific team

squad.listPlayers Get player count and names of soldiers in a specific squad

squad.private Get/Set whether a squad is private or not

Squad

Request: squad.leader

Response: OK - for get operation

Response: OK - for set operation

Response: InvalidArguments

Response: InvalidTeam

Response: InvalidSquad

Response: EmptySquad

Effect: Gets or sets who’s the leader of a squad.

Request: squad.listActive

Response: OK

Response: InvalidArguments Response: InvalidTeam

Effect: Returns the number of active squads on a team together with the squad ids

Request: squad.listPlayers

Response: OK

Effect: Returns the number of players in the squad together with the player names

Request: squad.private

Response: OK - for get operation

Response: OK - for set operation

Response: EmptySquad Effect: Gets or sets whether a certain squad is private or not.

taken from the r11 remote server admin protocol

Originally Posted by jking54*:

Ok, here are my settings after having selected "Intensify" for preset and balancing...

MB_settings-1-2.pngMB_#8-Conquest Large.pngMB_settings-scrambler.png

The main complaint I seem to get is players getting switched to the losing team near the very end of the game.

[11:30:59]:3 :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Round over detected ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[11:30:59]:6 OnRoundOver: Game state = RoundEnding

[11:30:59]:6 (SCRAMBLER) Scrambling teams by RoundScore in 50 seconds

[11:30:59]:2 FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:

[11:30:59]:0 Status: Plugin state = Active, game state = RoundEnding

[11:30:59]:0 Status: Map = Golmud Railway, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 00:39:31, tickets = 0/499

[11:30:59]:0 Status: Ticket difference = 499, ticket ratio percentage is 5000%

[11:30:59]:0 Status: Autobalance is not active, phase = Late, population = High, speed = Stop, unstack when ticket ratio >= 0%

[11:30:59]:0 Status: 0/64 raged, 0 reassigned, 1 balanced, 14 unstacked, 0 unswitched, 228 excluded, 170 exempted, 0 failed; of 934 TOTAL

[11:30:59]:0 Status: Team counts [67] = 34(US) vs 33(RU), with 0 unassigned

[11:30:59]:0 Status: Team difference = 1

[11:30:59]:2 +------------------------------------------------+

[12:29:09]:3 :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Round over detected ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[12:29:09]:6 OnRoundOver: Game state = RoundEnding

[12:29:09]:6 (SCRAMBLER) Scrambling teams by RoundScore in 50 seconds

[12:29:09]:2 FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:

[12:29:09]:0 Status: Plugin state = Active, game state = RoundEnding

[12:29:09]:0 Status: Map = Golmud Railway, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 00:57:00, tickets = 165/0

[12:29:09]:0 Status: Ticket difference = 165, ticket ratio percentage is 5000%

[12:29:09]:0 Status: Autobalance is not active, phase = Late, population = High, speed = Stop, unstack when ticket ratio >= 0%

[12:29:09]:0 Status: 0/131 raged, 0 reassigned, 4 balanced, 16 unstacked, 0 unswitched, 352 excluded, 208 exempted, 0 failed; of 1641 TOTAL

[12:29:09]:0 Status: Team counts [65] = 33(US) vs 32(RU), with 0 unassigned

[12:29:09]:0 Status: Team difference = 1

[12:29:09]:2 +------------------------------------------------+

[12:56:09]:3 :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Round over detected ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[12:56:09]:6 OnRoundOver: Game state = RoundEnding

[12:56:09]:6 (SCRAMBLER) Scrambling teams by RoundScore in 50 seconds

[12:56:09]:2 FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:

[12:56:09]:0 Status: Plugin state = Active, game state = RoundEnding

[12:56:09]:0 Status: Map = Golmud Railway, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 00:04:26, tickets = 0/921

[12:56:09]:0 Status: Ticket difference = 921, ticket ratio percentage is 5000%

[12:56:09]:0 Status: Autobalance is not active, phase = Late, population = High, speed = Stop, unstack when ticket ratio >= 0%

[12:56:09]:0 Status: 0/3 raged, 0 reassigned, 0 balanced, 0 unstacked, 0 unswitched, 9 excluded, 0 exempted, 0 failed; of 102 TOTAL

[12:56:09]:0 Status: Team counts [63] = 31(US) vs 32(RU), with 1 unassigned

[12:56:09]:0 Status: Team difference = 1

[12:56:09]:2 +------------------------------------------------+

[13:23:52]:3 :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Round over detected ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[13:23:52]:6 OnRoundOver: Game state = RoundEnding

[13:23:52]:6 (SCRAMBLER) Scrambling teams by RoundScore in 50 seconds

[13:23:52]:2 FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:

[13:23:52]:0 Status: Plugin state = Active, game state = RoundEnding

[13:23:52]:0 Status: Map = Golmud Railway, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 00:26:18, tickets = 932/0

[13:23:52]:0 Status: Ticket difference = 932, ticket ratio percentage is 5000%

[13:23:52]:0 Status: Autobalance is not active, phase = Late, population = High, speed = Stop, unstack when ticket ratio >= 0%

[13:23:52]:0 Status: 3/33 raged, 0 reassigned, 2 balanced, 12 unstacked, 0 unswitched, 61 excluded, 166 exempted, 0 failed; of 598 TOTAL

[13:23:52]:0 Status: Team counts [64] = 32(US) vs 32(RU), with 1 unassigned

[13:23:52]:0 Status: Team difference = 0

[13:23:52]:2 +------------------------------------------------+

[14:04:51]:3 :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Round over detected ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[14:04:51]:6 OnRoundOver: Game state = RoundEnding

[14:04:51]:6 (SCRAMBLER) Scrambling teams by RoundScore in 50 seconds

[14:04:52]:2 FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:

[14:04:52]:0 Status: Plugin state = Active, game state = RoundEnding

[14:04:52]:0 Status: Map = Golmud Railway, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 00:39:34, tickets = 524/0

[14:04:52]:0 Status: Ticket difference = 524, ticket ratio percentage is 5000%

[14:04:52]:0 Status: Autobalance is not active, phase = Late, population = High, speed = Stop, unstack when ticket ratio >= 0%

[14:04:52]:0 Status: 1/33 raged, 0 reassigned, 0 balanced, 12 unstacked, 0 unswitched, 219 excluded, 237 exempted, 0 failed; of 935 TOTAL

[14:04:52]:0 Status: Team counts [64] = 31(US) vs 33(RU), with 1 unassigned

[14:04:52]:0 Status: Team difference = 2

[14:04:52]:2 +------------------------------------------------+

your late phase is stop but only when one team drops to 150 tickets.

Would put that higher like around 250 if you have 800 tickets.

I actually had it at 300 but was experiment. My tickets are actually 1200.

Originally Posted by Moli87*:

Set your Debug Level to 7 and look for errors like this after each fetch. You might see something like this:

[07:48:31 99] [MULTIbalancer]:7 Thread(fetcher): EXCEPTION: HTTP request timed-out

This means there is something going on with your network connection. If you are running a layer, you either have network problem at your host, or your host limits your outgoing traffic and you have too much. If you run a bunch of plugins that use the network, like Stats or AdKats (assuming you use a remote MySql server), or Insane Limits, etc., you are probably bumping up against your outgoing traffic limit.

If you are not running a layer, check your network connectivity, it might have problems.

To test your network, pick a name from the bad tags list that is still playing in the server. For example, say you see PapaCharlieNiner in the bad tags list and I'm still playing in your server. Type this command into Show Command In Log:

test f4 PapaCharlieNiner

(That really is "f4", not "bf4")

That will immediately do a Battlelog fetch on the specified name. Note any errors. Try several different names as quickly as you can to see if it is a traffic related issue.

Does Battlelog fetching work? So i can set the setting "Determine Strong Players by": to BattlelogKDR or BattlelogSPM?

Thanks and Greez

Originally Posted by Kinsman*:

I will do my best to see if i can get you some logs, but you should know we run procon on our own private server in a DC, on all gigabit connections, with no limits. I'm not really thinking its network related at all.

Originally Posted by exadmin*:

hi pc9, is there any chance for the scrambler to keep players on the squad when scrambled? I mean some of the scrambled players are placed on a different squads. I want em to populate squads that are not full before it creates a new squad.

hi pc9, is there any chance for the scrambler to keep players on the squad when scrambled? I mean some of the scrambled players are placed on a different squads. I want em to populate squads that are not full before it creates a new squad.

Same exact problem I get...

Originally Posted by rbtmarshall*:

Can you enter percentages instead of numbers as values for things. and can the server size be variable if used along with adaptive server size plugin?

what I was thinking would be nice to do :

in the settings for the map modes ex:

conquest Large: Max Players variable from adaptive server size

conquest Large: Definition Of high Population for Players 80%

conquest Large: Definition Of low Population for Players 25%

same could be done with other settings as a percentage

Ok, here are my settings after having selected "Intensify" for preset and balancing...

MB_settings-1-2.pngMB_#8-Conquest Large.pngMB_settings-scrambler.png

The main complaint I seem to get is players getting switched to the losing team near the very end of the game.

I'll start with your settings. First, Intensify is the setting most likely to cause complaints. The whole point of intensify is to move players aggressively to keep teams even in terms of strength. That means moving strong players to the losing team, even late in the game. Second, unstacking in general causes complaints. So, understand that with those settings you are going to get complaints no matter what you od.

My advice is to disable unstacking altogether and all the complaints will be gone. Unstacking is very difficult to tune correctly. The users who have posted in this thread about getting unstacking tuned up spent dozens of hours over several days logging and analyzing and fine-tuning. Unless you are willing to put that kind of effort into it, disable unstacking and save yourself the trouble.

If you want to keep unstacking, at least try settings that are more conservative than Intensify, as outlined below.

Starting from Section 1 and working down:

Set Which Battlelog Stats to ClanTagOnly. (Make this change regardless, AllTime is just wrong for what you have).

Section 3:

Increase your Phase/Ticket Percentage settings across the board. For 1200 tickets I'd recommend:

Early Phase: 120,120,120

Mid Phase: 120,150,150

Late Phase: 0,0,0

Section 8:

Max Players should be 64.

Check Team Stacking After First Minutes should be 5.

Max Unstacking Swaps Per Round should be 6.

Max Unstacking Ticket Difference should be 400.

Percent of Top of Team Is Strong should be 40. (Where did 16 come from? No wonder top scorers were complaining about getting switched, 16 says that the entire pool of players available for moving is only the top 16% of each team!)

Definition of Early Phase ... should be 200 (for 1200 tickets)

Definition of Late Phase ... should be 400

The Definition of Late Phase is the key. At 150 no wonder players thought they were getting switched late. 161 tickets left on a 1200 ticket server is pretty late in the game.

Finally, if you really want to prove that players are getting moved late in the game, you need to post Debug Level 7 logs with BALANCE, UNSTACK and MOVE lines, as well as nearest Status lines, which will show exactly when in the round, by phase, moves are happening. All the evidence for what the plugin does is in Debug Level 7 logs.