MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by corsairoz*:

Are you sure your Whitelist is correct and that you have enabled On Whitelist?

When you are in a round with several of your members, type tags into Show Command In Log. You should see all of your clan members under your tag name. If you don't, something else is wrong.

Also, you can type lists and whitelist into Show Command In Log.

Post the results of all three commands as a reply in this thread.

PapaCharlie, I don;t want to hijack this but I have same issue as anditfeels. Our clan members are not being excluded from moves.

The tags command with 48 in our server gives:

[21:44:18 84] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Command: tags

[21:44:18 84] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] === END OF TAGS ===

Lists gives:

[21:47:12 21] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Command: lists

[21:47:12 21] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Whitelist(1):

[21:47:12 21] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] TPP

[21:47:12 21] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log]

[21:47:12 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Friends List(0):

[21:47:12 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log]

[21:47:12 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Disperse Evenly List(1):

[21:47:12 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] NDF

[21:47:12 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Group assignments: 1/2/3/4

Whitelist gives:

[21:48:34 16] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Command: whitelist

[21:48:34 16] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Whitelist:

And the bad tags command:

[22:09:20 65] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Command: bad tags

[22:09:20 65] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Unable to fetch clan tags for: Corsairoz, Sir_Extimor, D_E_2591, thehoodedmann, captainrum, TreXeh, 420BLAZEIT_p4ddy, Snoopy2010uk, Tailshot, smurf_kill3r, NIKOS1968, Mr-blast3r, DanloJr, Tygarruuu, KgbGaming, VVafelek, Lolw0lf, ZenSteve, Panda_Conrad, xxx_SOLAR_xxx, atotalblonde, Apache1424, h4ring, Mr-blast3rsSpawn, Nick_Stone_UK, ZeSoKa, Fuddyuk, Inkisidor78, mercury262222, netjunk, sllone73, S0RRY-fr, Ruslan8926, Laky73, saubermannag, 3Lm0-UK, Quatschkopf2, lJoker666l, Des19705, TheHirock, Gia_76RUS, Namm0, nigelgos, Pr0phanity, Toastman10-4, niceguyjohnny, UKFoxtrot, brzo-oko, B00taa, Ezer74, wizballc64, addantis, suhrab1985, PACMANgr, manollof, xxBinaryxx, ABSPEEDY1, Rustyblthole, zap64, t0bbelOl, Conox, RS_MadDogg, Tetra73, TheDubliminalOne, Snapper360, UnlimitedPigs, RS-Jonno-, SC0RPl0N, AlphasX, HEADSpook, Ketz-san, Rocket_Knight64, He11sborg, Cigi_SK, jimmmy999, rzuraf, twintonic, Davek226CZ, Tefty, CpnGecko, pitchbird77, Freire-GC, Remix008, FrikleTik, BrzozoPoland, Lokiez, Tarty, -KENNY-DELL-uk, Harakiin, Kickbutt71, Johnny2Bad, 514k7rN, BriTskY_40, wolfblitz65, Karma_Nexy_22, StirCrazyWayne, Hadorus, Narz1ss, Berousek78, delaynee, Szary-Klonos, Deamonengineer, coolwater75, Embed101, ZdenoNemo, StirCrazyMart

On Whitelist is TRUE. It's a procon layer server hosted (Game server and ProCon layer server) by FragNet.

Just a thought, but there are more players above (56_) with bad tags than the 48 player server size.

Should the bad tags list clear after each game?

Does it retry or leave in the bad tags list?

There are players on that list that I know have not been on the server for 24 hours, but their bad tags status persists. It seems to me that bad tags are persisting since the server restart.

If I try a few of the above through the command line: test f4

[22:59:54 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Command: test f4 corsairoz

[22:59:54 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Testing BF4 Clantag fetch:

[22:59:54 77] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Status = Succeeded

[23:02:34 64] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Command: test f4 coolwater75

[23:02:34 64] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Testing BF4 Clantag fetch:

[23:02:35 05] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Status = Succeeded

[23:03:11 79] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Command: test f4 Apache1424

[23:03:11 79] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Testing BF4 Clantag fetch:

[23:03:12 01] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Status = Succeeded

So it seems confusing....

Thanks

Thanks

Corsairoz

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

So it seems confusing....

No confusion, your layer is failing to connect to Battlelog, but sometimes it works, like when you did the test. When the tests work, set Debug Level to 7, disable MULTIbalancer, wait 3 seconds, then restart your layer and re-enable MULTIbalancer. That will force all the clan tags to be refetched. You can watch the log as it works its way through fetching all the player tags. Look for the fetch times. If its 12 seconds or less per player, that's good. If it is more than 12 seconds per player, that's a bad sign. If you see errors, you know you have some kind of network limit or problem.

The bad tags list isn't related to who is currently in the server. It's just a list of every tag fetch from Battlelog that failed. Each failure will clear automatically if the player doesn't return to the server in 24 hours.

I'm going to make a FAQ for this, since it seems to be a networking problem that several people are having. Please understand, this is a not a problem with the plugin. Many admins, including myself, are using this plugin without seeing these tag fetch errors.

EDIT: If you have Which Battlelog Stats set to anything other than ClanTagOnly, change it to ClanTagOnly. That will reduce the load on Battlelog and might help. You can also try reducing Maximum Request Rate to 5.

EDIT: FAQ link here: myrcon.net/...multibalancer-faq-and-detailed-explanations#entry43463

Oddly seeing the following error too:

[22:09:20 65] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Command: bad tags

[22:09:20 65] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] Unable to fetch clan tags for

Was there more to it than that?

hello guys first time to the forums, i recently put this plugin on the server and was wondering if u guys could post a config for me that would be great

looking for 64 man with 800 tickets

something when people leave it will balance quick, not worried about the unstacking as much, just seems like it takes way to long to balance or for it to kick in, we have the clan on the whitelist and thats pretty much it, just want the balancing to happen quicker and some of the settings just need tweaked and u post 1 for me Papa and ty for your time

It would be best for you to post your current settings. Either use the gen command in Show Command In Log (see post #3 for details) for sections 1 through 6 and the section 8 that applies, I assume Conquest Large, or screenshot the same. For gen output, it would be good if you stripped off the

[08:23:39 07] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log]

at the beginning of each line before you post a reply.

Originally Posted by corsairoz*:

No confusion, your layer is failing to connect to Battlelog, but sometimes it works, like when you did the test. When the tests work, set Debug Level to 7, disable MULTIbalancer, wait 3 seconds, then restart your layer and re-enable MULTIbalancer. That will force all the clan tags to be refetched. You can watch the log as it works its way through fetching all the player tags. Look for the fetch times. If its 12 seconds or less per player, that's good. If it is more than 12 seconds per player, that's a bad sign. If you see errors, you know you have some kind of network limit or problem.

Thanks Papa,

I'll run through these tests for a few days and put my results here.

Corsairoz

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

I've been getting complaints that the clan tag exclusion (So clan members don't get moved) isn't working well.

Has there been any more complaints about this or just me? I don't want to sound silly if it's me. :tongue:

I've been getting complaints that the clan tag exclusion (So clan members don't get moved) isn't working well.

Has there been any more complaints about this or just me? I don't want to sound silly if it's me. :tongue:

It's not just you. There's some kind of external (not a problem in the plugin) networking/HTTP issue that only hits some users of MB. FAQ with advice on how to confirm the problem and possible workarounds is here:

BF4: Clan Getting Moved, Whitelist Not Working, Bad Tags or HTTP errors

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-faq-and-detailed-explanations#entry43463

Originally Posted by jking54*:

It's not just you. There's some kind of external (not a problem in the plugin) networking/HTTP issue that only hits some users of MB. FAQ with advice on how to confirm the problem and possible workarounds is here:

BF4: Clan Getting Moved, Whitelist Not Working, Bad Tags or HTTP errors

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-faq-and-detailed-explanations#entry43463

Link goes nowhere but to front page

Originally Posted by Sl3epyRhin0*:

Hi!

I have installed the Plugin (put the .cs file in the bf4 folder and restart) but the Plugin will not show at my procon.

Can you help me to fix this please ? because ill try this since 2 hours and dont know why is it not working

Originally Posted by DEPHIC*:

have done that 6 times, dont work

Edit: lol when i stop the layer server, then i can login at my procon tool every time _...wtf

Sounds like your logging into your BF4 server instead of your procon layer. Recheck your login info to make sure your not putting your BF4 server IP down instead of your procon layer IP. You can login to your server directly without a layer using procon, and I believe that is what may be occurring.

Originally Posted by RJ13371*:

K so i downloaded this for my prcon for my BF4 ranked (not offical server) put the CS file into the game directory in my prcon folder and procon does not seem to want to register the thing, help please (---noob at hosting

Originally Posted by Repoman*:

Ok, I am still struggling to figure this out. Let me first explain, I have Cerebral Palsy that affects my mind to understand things sometimes and this is one. I want to have my server balance when it teams are out by 2. I have a 36 slot server, 2 commander, 2 spec... and 32 player slots

Can someone please help and tell me what values I need to adjust, because I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

Ok, I am still struggling to figure this out. Let me first explain, I have Cerebral Palsy that affects my mind to understand things sometimes and this is one. I want to have my server balance when it teams are out by 2. I have a 36 slot server, 2 commander, 2 spec... and 32 player slots

Can someone please help and tell me what values I need to adjust, because I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

For 32 players, it is already set for when teams are out by 2 or more. There is no setting, it is automatic.

If you had more than 32 players, it would automatically be set to when teams are out by 3 or more.

So it doesnt depend on definition of large anymore? I thought once you reached your "large" population it relaxed balancing from 2 to 3 players.

I simplified to take the poster's personal situation into account.

Here's the fully detailed and accurate answer:

The maximum difference (MaxDiff) allowed between two teams without triggering balancing is automatically determined by the population of the server. For example, a MaxDiff of 2 means that no balancing will happen for 18 vs 20, but balancing will happen for 17 vs 20. An exception is made for SQDM, since there are four teams. In the case of SQDM, if the total population is 32 or less, MaxDiff is 1, otherwise MaxDiff is 2, regardless of your Population setting. Otherwise, your Population setting is used. If the population is less than your High setting, MaxDiff is 1. Otherwise, it is 2.

Since MaxDiff is 1 for Low and Mid populations, and since High is generally set higher than 32, it's a safe bet to assume that for 32 players, it is already set for when teams are out by 2 or more.

Originally Posted by LordMaxxie*:

Can't seem to get it to scramble teams. Gone through several rounds. And the delay settings are 50.

I've set the only on new maps to false (to try to get it to work). I would like to keep same tags on same team, so I have that to true.

Just can't seem to get it.

Code:

[22:21:37 03] [MULTIbalancer]:2 FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:
[22:21:37 03] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Map = Operation Locker, mode = Rush, stage = 2, time in round = 00:08:39, tickets = 0/65404(6) <- [112]
[22:21:37 03] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Ticket difference = 6, ticket ratio percentage is 600%
[22:21:37 03] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: 0/19 raged, 0 reassigned, 2 balanced, 0 unstacked, 1 unswitched, 22 excluded, 15 exempted, 0 failed; of 266 TOTAL
[22:21:37 03] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Team counts [45] = 23(US) vs 22(RU), with 3 unassigned
[22:21:37 03] [MULTIbalancer]:2 +------------------------------------------------+
So that's what it's told me in the latest round. Teams were exactly the same on the next map.

Originally Posted by Kinsman*:

I'm confused why insane limits is happily creating a logfile full of playerstats including clan names, then next thing bam, multibalancer says bad clan tag fetch for everyone on the server? Why would that be a network issue?

Can't seem to get it to scramble teams. Gone through several rounds. And the delay settings are 50.

I've set the only on new maps to false (to try to get it to work). I would like to keep same tags on same team, so I have that to true.

Just can't seem to get it.

Code:

[22:21:37 03] [MULTIbalancer]:2 FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:
[22:21:37 03] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Map = Operation Locker, mode = Rush, stage = 2, time in round = 00:08:39, tickets = 0/65404(6) <- [112]
[22:21:37 03] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Ticket difference = 6, ticket ratio percentage is 600%
[22:21:37 03] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: 0/19 raged, 0 reassigned, 2 balanced, 0 unstacked, 1 unswitched, 22 excluded, 15 exempted, 0 failed; of 266 TOTAL
[22:21:37 03] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Team counts [45] = 23(US) vs 22(RU), with 3 unassigned
[22:21:37 03] [MULTIbalancer]:2 +------------------------------------------------+
So that's what it's told me in the latest round. Teams were exactly the same on the next map.
Are you running Official? MULTIbalancer doesn't work on Official.

If you are not running Official, post your Scrambler and Rush settings. You can use the gen command in Show Command In Log or screenshots.

Finally, set your Debug Level to 6. That will record all of the Scrambler activity to plugin.log. Make sure you have logging enabled in Procon.

I'm confused why insane limits is happily creating a logfile full of playerstats including clan names, then next thing bam, multibalancer says bad clan tag fetch for everyone on the server? Why would that be a network issue?

Assuming it's a throttling effect at Battlelog, each request counts against your total for your IP address. Insane Limits is more aggressive, so it uses up your allocation first. Also, Insane Limits has 3 retries built in, while MB doesn't do any retries. That leaves MB with nothing.

Since MB has an alternative to tags (Friends list), it makes sense for it to be lower priority than IL for limited bandwidth. IL has no alternative, if it can't get tags, it fails.

Once BattlelogCache is updated to BF4, this problem will go away, since both IL and MB will get tags from BC.

You can try this: disable both MB and IL, restart Procon, enable MB first, let it run for 10 minutes, then enable IL. That will give MB the best chance to get tags. Of course once IL catches up, MB will start failing again, but that might not be for a while.

If you want me to do a detailed diagnosis of this problem, make me a Procon layer account with enough privilieges to change plugin settings and PM me the ip, port, user name and password. I don't have this problem on any of my test servers, so all I've been able to do is guess at the root cause. I need to see the plugins fail to understand what is really happening and maybe come up with a better solution.

EDIT: If you would rather permanently favor MB, you can set Insane Limits use_direct_fetch to false. That will disable tag fetching by Insane Limits completely.

Originally Posted by anditfeels*:

Post the results of all three commands as a reply in this thread.

My apologies for such long answer, here are the results:

Code:

[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Command: tags
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Tag [Sgt]:
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]         TEAM_HeadShot, Attacking, Charlie
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]         TEAM_mi8, Attacking, Charlie
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]         TEAM_7up, Attacking, Charlie
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Tag [ep2u]:
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]         urologsanches, Defending, Alpha
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Tag [Cpl]:
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]         TEAM_Juggernaut, Attacking, Bravo
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Tag [LEXA]:
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]         LEXA_____RUS_7, Attacking, Delta
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Tag [OB]:
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]         JOKER-OnacHbIu, Attacking, Bravo
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Tag [PMI]:
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]         leo676151, Defending, Alpha
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Tag [Pvt]:
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]         TEAM_MasterPiece, Attacking, Charlie
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Tag [SouL]:
[00:44:21 28] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]         IIIJoEToyIII, Defending, Alpha
[00:44:21 29] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]         xxxKombaiNxxx, Defending, Alpha
[00:44:21 29] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]  === END OF TAGS === 

[00:44:57 74] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Command: lists
[00:44:57 74] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Whitelist(3):
[00:44:57 74] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Sgt
[00:44:57 74] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Cpl
[00:44:57 74] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Pvt
[00:44:57 74] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]  
[00:44:57 74] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Friends List(0):
[00:44:57 74] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Disperse Evenly List(1):
[00:44:57 74] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] [-- name, tag, or EA_GUID --]
[00:44:57 74] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Group assignments: 1/2/3/4

[00:45:29 94] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Command: whitelists
[00:45:29 94] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Whitelist:
[00:45:29 94] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]     All: TEAM_HeadShot, TEAM_mi8, TEAM_7up, 

TEAM_Juggernaut, TEAM_MasterPiece
[00:45:35 47] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Command: whitelist
[00:45:35 48] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Whitelist:
[00:45:35 48] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]     All: TEAM_HeadShot, TEAM_mi8, TEAM_7up, 

TEAM_Juggernaut, TEAM_MasterPiece
If I'm not wrong, we are in the list but the balancer moving us in anyway to another team. Most of time it is happening when the round has ended and everyone can see the results, so before changing the map the balancer taking our squad to another team so this way we playing many times as defenders or sometimes as attackers.

If I'm not wrong, we are in the list but the balancer moving us in anyway to another team. Most of time it is happening when the round has ended and everyone can see the results, so before changing the map the balancer taking our squad to another team so this way we playing many times as defenders or sometimes as attackers.

You failed to mention a key piece of information which explains the problem.

All of the players with TEAM? prefixes in their names ALSO have a Battlelog tag. For example, TEAM_HeadShot has the Sgt tag and TEAM_Juggernaut has the Cpl tag.

When you said you wanted to use TEAM? as a tag to keep players together, I thought you meant that you did not have a Battlelog tag. MULTIbalancer honors the Battlelog tag first. It only looks at name prefixes if there is no Battlelog tag. Since the Battlelog tags are different, it makes perfect sense that players get split up. As far as MB is concerned, it's keeping all of the Sgt's with Sgt's and all the Cpl's with Cpl's.

To fix this, you can either have every player with the TEAM? prefix remove their Battlelog tag, or, you can not use tags at all and instead use the Friends list. You will have to list each player by full name in the Friends list, since you can't use tags. Put every player name on a single line of the Friends list and enable On Friends List and Apply Friends List To Team and none will be moved again.

Added per-mode settings for Superiority (for BF4 China Rising Air Superiority) to Section 8, plus added some help for bad tags and fetch failures, plus some other improvements. See post #2 for details:

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-30-mar-2015-bfhl#entry33580

EDIT: Standby, I found a last minute bug. Release has been withdrawn while fix is being tested.

EDIT: Okay, the release is back up and available for downloading. To be sure you have the corrected version, after installing, check the Details tab of the plugin. It should say MULTIbalancer - 1.0.8.0 at the top and below the first section header you should see:

REFETCH PATCH 0.1

If you don't see that, download the plugin again and reinstall it.

Originally Posted by LordMaxxie*:

Are you running Official? MULTIbalancer doesn't work on Official.

If you are not running Official, post your Scrambler and Rush settings. You can use the gen command in Show Command In Log or screenshots.

Finally, set your Debug Level to 6. That will record all of the Scrambler activity to plugin.log. Make sure you have logging enabled in Procon.

It's normal settings:

http://goo.gl/8SeD2t

http://goo.gl/qxRkki

http://goo.gl/ehkBy3

http://goo.gl/mABdBG

http://goo.gl/wg9oZg

http://goo.gl/eg0Hse

I've enabled logging. I'll post logs when I've got the server near-full.

Originally Posted by Slayer*:

Added per-mode settings for Superiority (for BF4 China Rising Air Superiority) to Section 8, plus added some help for bad tags and fetch failures, plus some other improvements. See post #2 for details:

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-30-mar-2015-bfhl#entry33580

EDIT: Okay, the release is back up and available for downloading. To be sure you have the corrected version, after installing, check the Details tab of the plugin. It should say MULTIbalancer - 1.0.8.0 at the top and below the first section header you should see:

REFETCH PATCH 0.1

If you don't see that, download the plugin again and reinstall it.

I have the correct version MULTIbalancer - 1.0.8.0 and this REFETCH PATCH 0.1 by your above post but not seeing a Section 8 for Air Superiority, any ideas?

MULTIbalancer - 1.0.8.0

Author: PapaCharlie9

Multi-Balancer & Unstacker, including SQDM

For BF3 and BF4, this plugin does live round team balancing and unstacking for all game modes, including Squad Deathmatch (SQDM).

REFETCH PATCH 0.1

Acknowledgments

This plugin would not have been possible without the help and support of these individuals and communities: