MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

Might be able to help you PC9, I'll ask the rest of the clan.

By the way, request for future versions, not sure if it would be easy or not, but how about adding an option that, in case a server has more than one clan with let's say more than 3-4 members, it splits the clans (Not the members) into different teams, that way we don't have two big clans in the same team, which often results in an unbalanced round. :tongue:

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

Might be able to help you PC9, I'll ask the rest of the clan.

By the way, request for future versions, not sure if it would be easy or not, but how about adding an option that, in case a server has more than one clan with let's say more than 3-4 members, it splits the clans (Not the members) into different teams, that way we don't have two big clans in the same team, which often results in an unbalanced round. :tongue:

wouldn't split even list + keep squads together work the same way ?

Edit :

Only Move Weak Players: True or False, default True. If set to True, only weak players will be moved for balancing.

this option is only for balancing (keeping equal amount of players on both teams) and is not related to any unstacking ?

wouldn't split even list + keep squads together work the same way ?

Edit :

this option is only for balancing (keeping equal amount of players on both teams) and is not related to any unstacking ?

But I don't know all the random clans that visit my server, I know some of them, but there's many. :biggrin:

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

But I don't know all the random clans that visit my server, I know some of them, but there's many. :biggrin:

The coding for this feature, Disperse Clans Evenly, is already complete. I just need to test it. :ohmy:

It will be in the same update that contains the admin kill/forced move feature.

The coding for this feature, Disperse Clans Evenly, is already complete. I just need to test it. :ohmy:

It will be in the same update that contains the admin kill/forced move feature.

You sir, are awesome.

Originally Posted by Piranha16*:

hey guys awesome plugin you made, but probably there is something wrong with domination mode, it always tells me "Ticket difference = 198, ticket ratio percentage is 5000%" doesnt matter how many tickets it was its always 5000%

my fault or a bug?

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

hey guys awesome plugin you made, but probably there is something wrong with domination mode, it always tells me "Ticket difference = 198, ticket ratio percentage is 5000%" doesnt matter how many tickets it was its always 5000%

my fault or a bug?

happens to me as well, i think there is a post about it in the past 5 pages. not sure though

my fault or a bug?

It depends.

Was that the Final status? If so, that's a known bug that I plan to fix in the next update of the plugin.

If it is not the Final status, but an intermediate status, that is expected as long as the ratio of winning tickets to losing tickets is > 50 to 1. In that case the percentage is capped at 5000%. Otherwise we'd have ridiculously large percentages, like on a 1600 ticket server that's 1234 vs 7 the percentage would be 17629%.

Originally Posted by Talzac*:

Hi, Multibalancer is moving people on rush and allways from the defending team to the attackers. This is not good!

The defending team should have 1 more player if rush rather then the attackers.

The defending team should be 1 more player if diffrence to get balance in game.

Hi, Multibalancer is moving people on rush and allways from the defending team to the attackers. This is not good!

The defending team should have 1 more player if rush rather then the attackers.

The defending team should be 1 more player if diffrence to get balance in game.

Surely not always? If defenders have 3 fewer players than attackers, attackers get moved to defenders, right?

Assuming "always" is an exaggeration, I'm not convinced, without further information, that defenders should have an advantage in players. I've played in plenty of Rush rounds where the attackers are so bad they can't even complete the first stage. Why make that situation worse by stacking the Defenders team?

Originally Posted by SmackDown*:

Hello,

Forgive me if I have missed a forum post on how to install this plugin in, but I am not able to get the plugin to work and I think I might have installed a file in the wrong place. Could someone please tell me where to place each of the below listed files in Procon. I have spent several hours on this and for the life of me cannot get it to work. Only thing that I might have done wrong is place the files in the wrong location. Thank you in advance.

Unnamed file GITIGNORE File

.gitattributes GITATTRIBUTES File

d.bash BASH File

MULTIbalancer CS File

README MD File (I assume I do not need this file since it is a readme file only)

Originally Posted by Wiggles*:

i dont know if this has been asked before, but i often notice that the teams are unbalanced (by player count) by 3 or more players without the balancer doing anything. i cant see a setting in the plugin either to determin a max player difference or how it balances. maybe im missing something. some might be late game phase, but defenatly not all.

here is the setup i have, and the server is only running cq, rush and obliteration so i havent bothered with setting the rest up right.

http://imageshack.com/a/img707/7360/10pb.png

what im asking is, is there a feature where you control the difference in playercount, either with player difference or with how often it balances, and if not can that be added?

i have also noticed that when a player moves, it showes the code in procon chat

Code:

%name%, you can't switch to team %fromTeam%: %reason%, sending you back ...
%name%, thanks for helping out the %toTeam% team!
it displays T1 and T2 rather than US, Russia and Chinese (team).

What is the correct way to move people manualy? now the admins are saying that they move people in procon and multibalancer moves them back...

This is for BF4? MB should respect anything that turns into an admin.movePlayer, but I haven't tested it on BF4. It's possible that the Unswitcher isn't registering the admin moves and thinks a player is switching teams. I'll do some testing and report results.

Hello,

Forgive me if I have missed a forum post on how to install this plugin in, but I am not able to get the plugin to work and I think I might have installed a file in the wrong place. Could someone please tell me where to place each of the below listed files in Procon. I have spent several hours on this and for the life of me cannot get it to work. Only thing that I might have done wrong is place the files in the wrong location. Thank you in advance.

Unnamed file GITIGNORE File

.gitattributes GITATTRIBUTES File

d.bash BASH File

MULTIbalancer CS File

README MD File (I assume I do not need this file since it is a readme file only)

The instructions are right at the top of post #1 in this thread. Notice that it says that all you need is the MULTIbalancer.cs file, ignore the rest.

i dont know if this has been asked before, but i often notice that the teams are unbalanced (by player count) by 3 or more players without the balancer doing anything. i cant see a setting in the plugin either to determin a max player difference or how it balances. maybe im missing something. some might be late game phase, but defenatly not all.

here is the setup i have, and the server is only running cq, rush and obliteration so i havent bothered with setting the rest up right.

http://imageshack.com/a/img707/7360/10pb.png

what im asking is, is there a feature where you control the difference in playercount, either with player difference or with how often it balances, and if not can that be added?

i have also noticed that when a player moves, it showes the code in procon chat

Code:

%name%, you can't switch to team %fromTeam%: %reason%, sending you back ...
%name%, thanks for helping out the %toTeam% team!
it displays T1 and T2 rather than US, Russia and Chinese (team).
With the current version, a difference of 3 or more, e.g. 20 vs 17, will activate autobalance, unless your population is below your High setting, in which case the difference only has to be 2 or more, e.g., 20 vs 18. That's automatic, that's not a setting you can change (other than the High population threshold).

However, once autobalance is activated, a lot of things have to line up for a player to be moved.

First, there have to be no new players waiting to join. If there are players joining the server that haven't been assigned to teams yet, the balancer doesn't move any active players, since in a minute or two those new players will fill up the smaller team.

Second, a player on the bigger team has to die, since players are moved only after they die.

Third, all of the exclusions have to be tested. If the player that died is excluded in some way, no move will happen and the process starts all over.

Fourth, immediate exemptions have to be tested, like is the player that died a weak player and the smaller team is the losing team_Under Slow or Adaptive balance speed, a losing player won't be moved to the losing team. Under Fast speed, the exemption won't be applied.

If all of those things line up, the player will be moved. That means that it takes time to find a player that is eligible to be moved. Notice that everything in Third and Fourth is controlled by your settings, so if you have a lot of exclusions or exemptions, it will take longer to balance.

For example, I noticed that for Conquest Large, you have Only Move Weak Players set to True and Strong are the top 50%. On a 48 slot server, that means that a 24 player team is cut in half to 12, maximum. It will always be less than that, since moves can't happen in a full server. So say the server has 44 players. A team of 22 is cut in half to 11. That means at most there are only 11 players eligible to be moved based on Strong/Weak. And that's just one exemption! All kinds of other exemptions or exclusions, like Same Clan Tags In Squad, could cut that number down even further. It's very possible you might have 0 players that are eligible to move at any given time.

Now notice I said the "current version." The new version I'm testing now with volunteer help (thanks all!) enables a new Fast Balance mode, that ignores most of those tests and doesn't wait for a soldier to die, it will admin kill the Newest or Weakest or a Random player (your choice) to speed up balancing.

So for now, review your settings and make changes to reduce the exclusions/exemptions that reduce the eligible players, and wait for the next version which will enable Fast Balance.

SQDM MULTIbalancer Volunteers Needed

Thanks to volunteers, I've just about wrapped up Conquest testing of the new Fast Balance feature. I've fixed a lot of bugs, thanks to the generous donation of testing servers.

To complete testing on this version, I'd like to test on an SQDM server, just to make sure Fast Balance hasn't broken anything on SQDM. It can be either BF3 or BF4.

Please PM me (PapaCharlie9) if you are interested in helping out.

Originally Posted by DWG-Jambi*:

Hello everyone again. I would like to know if you guys/gals see this happening also.

Here is what I see...

When players join it seems like they always join the team that is listed at the top of procon. So here are a couple examples.

Let's say it's US vs RU and in procon US is listed at the top. Let's say the teams are "even" 20 vs. 20 with US leading 600 to 400.

It seems like always the next player joining will always join the team listed at the top of procon. Only time I don't see this is when the person joining switches to the other team. So the next person joins and makes it US 21 vs RU 20. I think what should happen is the team that is losing should get the extra player. This never seems to happen though. The player seems to always join the team listed at the top of procon. Here is another example that makes things worse.

Let's say it's US vs RU and it's "even" 20 vs. 20 but this time RU has a commander playing...so even though it's 20 vs. 20 it's really like 20 vs. 19 So now the next player joins the game and once again they go on the team listed at the top of procon making it 21 vs 20 or really 21 vs. 19 because of the commander.

First I want to know if others see this happening.

Second in the new multibalancer update is there anything you can do PapaCharlie9 with the mb to stop this from happening?

Some way to always look at what team is losing when teams are "even" and have the next person joining to go to the losing team.

Also PapaCharlie9 let me know if you still need volunteers. Sorry I haven't been real active in the last week. I have had the flu.

We have 2 servers. 1 is a 48p CQL server that tends to stay pretty busy during peak times.

The other server is a 32p Dom server. This server we set up a couple weeks ago and it has never really took off yet. I would be willing to switch this server to whatever you would need for testing. We could switch it to sqdm if you want. I can't say it will fill but I can try to get it to fill.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Let's say it's US vs RU and it's "even" 20 vs. 20 but this time RU has a commander playing...so even though it's 20 vs. 20 it's really like 20 vs. 19 So now the next player joins the game and once again they go on the team listed at the top of procon making it 21 vs 20 or really 21 vs. 19 because of the commander.

It is supposed to send new players to the losing team if teams are balanced, but you are right, I have seen it send players to the winning team sometimes. I'm not sure why. It doesn't happen always and I can't make it happen often enough to figure out how to fix it.

The next update has a new way of handling new players, so this all may change anyway. I haven't seen this problem happen again in the update that I'm testing.

How's the testing going? I am really excited about the split clans feature. :biggrin:

Extremely well. Lots of bugs found and fixed. This update of MB will be released shortly after the next update of Procon.

Here's the settings documentation for the per-mode setting, as a teaser:

Disperse Evenly By Clan Players >=: Number greater than or equal to 4 and less than or equal to 40, default 0. If the number of players with the same clan tag is greater than or equal to this number, the players with this same clan tag will be dispersed evenly across teams. This setting overrides Same Clan Tag ... exclusions. Set to 0 to disable.

It does respect the Whitelist, though.

Originally Posted by DWG-Jambi*:

It is supposed to send new players to the losing team if teams are balanced, but you are right, I have seen it send players to the winning team sometimes. I'm not sure why. It doesn't happen always and I can't make it happen often enough to figure out how to fix it.

The next update has a new way of handling new players, so this all may change anyway. I haven't seen this problem happen again in the update that I'm testing.

Once again thank you for all your hard work on this. :biggrin:

Here's the settings documentation for the per-mode setting, as a teaser:

Disperse Evenly By Clan Players >=: Number greater than or equal to 4 and less than or equal to 40, default 0. If the number of players with the same clan tag is greater than or equal to this number, the players with this same clan tag will be dispersed evenly across teams. This setting overrides Same Clan Tag ... exclusions. Set to 0 to disable.

It does respect the Whitelist, though.

Does it split different clans so there's not many clans in one team, or it split the members from a single clan into both teams? I'd like the first one, so that one team isn't full of clans and other team full of lone wolfs.