MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

To update MB for Carrier Assault, I'll need to connect to someone's server for testing. Any volunteers? Send me a PM with IP address/host name, port and password of your game server and IP address/host name, user name and password of your layer, if you have one. I need both. I need the layer to temporarily disable your MB plugin while I connect to your game server with a test version of MB. I need an active server with players on it to understand what to use for determining Phase.

EDIT: Actually, I don't strictly need your layer. I can probably do everything I need in log-only mode and not do any moves on your server.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure RCON does not report the carrier damage nor MCOMs destroyed, so the only thing MB would be able to use is round time. This is the same situation as for Capture The Flag, so the settings will probably be similar to that.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by guapoloko*:

To update MB for Carrier Assault, I'll need to connect to someone's server for testing. Any volunteers? Send me a PM with IP address/host name, port and password of your game server and IP address/host name, user name and password of your layer, if you have one. I need both. I need the layer to temporarily disable your MB plugin while I connect to your game server with a test version of MB. I need an active server with players on it to understand what to use for determining Phase.

EDIT: Actually, I don't strictly need your layer. I can probably do everything I need in log-only mode and not do any moves on your server.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure RCON does not report the carrier damage nor MCOMs destroyed, so the only thing MB would be able to use is round time. This is the same situation as for Capture The Flag, so the settings will probably be similar to that.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...-RESPAWN-24-7/

Originally Posted by SHaDoW*:

players are reporting that the "Exclusions : minutes after being moved" feature is not working properly and they are being more than once in 90 minutes, what kind of procedures should i follow to pin down the issue and investigate it ?

players are reporting that the "Exclusions : minutes after being moved" feature is not working properly and they are being more than once in 90 minutes, what kind of procedures should i follow to pin down the issue and investigate it ?

So far, every time this sort of problem has been investigated, it's proven to be more of a problem of players remembering incorrectly or misjudging how much time has past. Or, you've recently changed settings that cause additional moves to happen.

The easiest way to investigate is to use the Show Command In Log command: moved. It will dump a report to plugin.log of all the players who were moved, how many times in the current round and total, and how long ago the last move was. If you see a lot of cases of more than 1 move per round, further investigation will be needed. But I think you'll find the players complaints to be bogus.

That said, your settings could cause additional moves to happen. Do you use any form of Dispersal, like Disperse Evenly By Rank? That could cause additional moves to happen which ignore Minutes After Being Moved. Are you using Unstacking? That could also result in additional moves. If in doubt, post all your settings.

As a last resort, you can change your Debug Level to 6 and collect logs for a couple of days. Then you can investigate each move in turn to see if it was expected.

Originally Posted by SHaDoW*:

That said, your settings could cause additional moves to happen. Do you use any form of Dispersal, like Disperse Evenly By Rank? That could cause additional moves to happen which ignore Minutes After Being Moved. Are you using Unstacking? That could also result in additional moves. If in doubt, post all your settings.

yes, i do use unstacking, disperse evenly by rank. my settings are more aggressive, but i had no idea that these settings over come the exclusion.

would the plugin be able to priorities off the exclusion players in the future ?

thank you.

yes, i do use unstacking, disperse evenly by rank. my settings are more aggressive, but i had no idea that these settings over come the exclusion.

would the plugin be able to priorities off the exclusion players in the future ?

thank you.

Sorry, I'm not planning on changing that. The logic is complicated enough with the number of settings I already have. I'd have to add a ton more settings to allow special exceptions for when, for example, certain exclusions should be applied or not applied depending on which dispersal type is being used. There are so many combinations of all of those different trade-offs that covering all of them would be too hard.

So the basic rule is, if you set up for any kind of Disperse Evenly, you are saying that is more important to you than just about anything else, including exclusions or team balance. Whitelist is the only exception that always applies no matter what your other settings are, but even that can be configured down to specific actions, like whitelist only for unswitching, not for balance (recommended).

I'm testing an update for MULTIbalancer that adds settings for Naval Strike: Carrier Assault Large and Small. Please join the test servers to help with testing.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...k-Fair-Admins/

Thanks to the FTB and PURE communities for their support!

Originally Posted by akhanubis*:

Thanks for this amazing plugin!

I have a question (if it has already been answered somewhere, I'm sorry but I can't find it :/): is there a way to trigger the scrambling via votes or a console command? I want to let players vote for scrambling using Procon Rulz with Exec 'something that will trigger scrambling' when the amount of votes needed is reached.

Thanks for this amazing plugin!

I have a question (if it has already been answered somewhere, I'm sorry but I can't find it :/): is there a way to trigger the scrambling via votes or a console command? I want to let players vote for scrambling using Procon Rulz with Exec 'something that will trigger scrambling' when the amount of votes needed is reached.

No. I would have that add that as a new feature. I'll add it to the wish list.

Originally Posted by Strudaklitt*:

I'm testing an update for MULTIbalancer that adds settings for Naval Strike: Carrier Assault Large and Small. Please join the test servers to help with testing.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...k-Fair-Admins/

Thanks to the FTB and PURE communities for their support!

Is there any release date to be announced yet? : )

Originally Posted by FLirtY-3D*:

have a quick Qs.... is Disperse Evenly By Rank >=: set at 145... worth having on ? and does it move new joiners that unbalance it or ppl already on the team.... so if a team has 4 rank 100s and the other has 2... and to more lvl 100s join the stack team.. will it move the two new joiners that are lvl 100 or the ones already on the team_..... As from looking seems to move lvl100 players already on the team when a new lvl100 joiner joins.....

The reason i ask is if i dont have the Disperse Evenly By Rank >=: set at 145 teams seem to get very onesided fast.....

and if i do have it on someone whos been playing alround on his team will get changed at last min if a new lvl 100 joins and unevens it.... causing rage and quits....

Untitled 1.pngUntitled 2.pngUntitled 3.pngUntitled 4.png

its just the rush settings not the conquest ......

Originally Posted by InDuSOnE*:

Hi

Does the unstacking option move top players too inspite of it being whitelisted? I have had that happen many times on my server. Just wanted to check if that is normal with the unstack set to true.

have a quick Qs.... is Disperse Evenly By Rank >=: set at 145... worth having on ?

That depends. As explained a few posts earlier, Disperse Evenly can make your teams unbalanced. If you set it to a value other than 0, you are saying it is more important to you that high ranked players be split up evenly than it is to have balanced teams. It also may move the high ranked players more than once per round and may move near the end of the round.

and does it move new joiners that unbalance it or ppl already on the team.... so if a team has 4 rank 100s and the other has 2... and to more lvl 100s join the stack team.. will it move the two new joiners that are lvl 100 or the ones already on the team_.....

It moves whichever one dies first.

As from looking seems to move lvl100 players already on the team when a new lvl100 joiner joins.....

The reason i ask is if i dont have the Disperse Evenly By Rank >=: set at 145 teams seem to get very onesided fast.....

and if i do have it on someone whos been playing alround on his team will get changed at last min if a new lvl 100 joins and unevens it.... causing rage and quits....

Untitled 1.pngUntitled 2.pngUntitled 3.pngUntitled 4.png

its just the rush settings not the conquest ......

Try changing Only Move Weak Players to False. If you only move weak players, you only have 70%of each team available to move, since you set top to 30%.

Also, I can't tell if you have unstacking set. You should disable unstacking for Rush, unless you have more than 400 tickets per stage, 300 if you only have 32 players max or les.

thankyou for the advice PapaCharlie9.... i have a 1000 ticket 64player rush... and unstacking was on....

Try changing Only Move Weak Players to False. If you only move weak players, you only have 70%of each team available to move, since you set top to 30%.

if i do that tho wont it move strongplayers who are playing well ?

thankyou for the advice PapaCharlie9.... i have a 1000 ticket 64player rush... and unstacking was on....

if i do that tho wont it move strongplayers who are playing well ?

Yes. If you have the Top Scores exclusion enabled, the top 3 players on each team won't be moved, but everyone else will.

BTW, setting top to 30% has a negative impact on unstacking. It means that when unstacking needs to find a strong player to move to the weak team, it will have a smaller pool of players to draw from. May never find one.

Yes. If you have the Top Scores exclusion enabled, the top 3 players on each team won't be moved, but everyone else will.

BTW, setting top to 30% has a negative impact on unstacking. It means that when unstacking needs to find a strong player to move to the weak team, it will have a smaller pool of players to draw from. May never find one.

so should change it back to 40% ?

its just as it stands now each round the average ratio is between 110% and 130%... thats just perfect each round is even and very intense

so should change it back to 40% ?

its just as it stands now each round the average ratio is between 110% and 130%... thats just perfect each round is even and very intense

If it's working, don't change it. I just want to make sure everyone understands how each setting has an impact on balancing and unstacking.

Originally Posted by Slayer*:

Y'all can stop nagging me now :ohmy:, I've updated MB to 1.1.2.0 to support Naval Strike Carrier Assault modes. Look for NS Carrier Large and NS Carrier Small settings.

Details explained here:

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-30-mar-2015-bfhl#entry33580

About time ya slacker. :tongue: nah just joking.

Thank you for all the hard work you put into this plugin, the same with the rest of the coders/scriptwriters that put time into designing plugins and other stuff, with what you and the others create are some awesome plugins/programs. :cool:

edit: grr typo.

Originally Posted by ToM666*:

Hi Guys

I'm not sure if I am just going blind or just misunderstanding but I cant find the new carrier assault settings in section 8 LOL.

I'm assuming everybody else had found them becuase no one else has said anything.

Can someone produce a screenshot to show me where they are?

Thankyou Chilace.

I don't have those settings yet I am using the latest version.

Any ideas what I could have done wrong?

I just copied the contents of multibalancer into the BF4 plugins folder on our layer and restarted it.

It is showing as version 1.1.2.0

Hi Chalice

I really appreciate the effort you are putting in here but still no joy.

I don't seem to have .dll files on my layer but I do have them on my local client.

I deleted the .dll from the local client procon and restarted it but they settings are still not there.