MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by ToM666*:

I'm confused. How do you use Procon, either locally or through a layer ? If through the layer, then why do you have a plugin locally ?

I run it on a layer then access the layer via an instance of procon running on my laptop.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Chilace*:

You should not use this plugin locally and on a layer at a same time. Delete MULTIbalancer.cs and MULTIbalancer.dll on the local client. Stop the layer, delete MULTIbalancer.dll in bf4 folder on the layer (if exist). Put MULTIbalancer.cs in that folder and restart the layer.

You should not use this plugin locally and on a layer at a same time. Delete MULTIbalancer.cs and MULTIbalancer.dll on the local client. Stop the layer, delete MULTIbalancer.dll in bf4 folder on the layer (if exist). Put MULTIbalancer.cs in that folder and restart the layer.

I do appreciate your efforts to help Chilace bit I think you are wrong.

I have been connecting to my layer via a local instance of Procon for many years at least as far back as BC2 for sure.

It is designed that way.

As far as I was concerned the contents of the local procon plugin directory are not even referenced.

I do however generally have a mirror of the layer in my local procon directory plugin folder.

This way if my layer goes down, I can then connect directly to the server and keep all the auto admin stuff running until the layer is back up again.

I have just (to give you the benefit of the doubt) completely removed every file from my local plugin directory and restarted everything.

As I suspected it made no difference.

I think I am just going to remove the carrier assault maps from the server until this is sorted.

I need to talk to someone who has successfully updated this plugin on a layer.

Originally Posted by Chilace*:

When I said that You should not use this plugin locally and on a layer at a same time I meant the simultaneous connection layer and the client directly to the server. Sorry, but I find it hard to communicate in English because I use Google translate. Sorry for not being able to help.

When I said that You should not use this plugin locally and on a layer at a same time I meant the simultaneous connection layer and the client directly to the server. Sorry, but I find it hard to communicate in English because I use Google translate. Sorry for not being able to help.

No problem mate. I think you put alot of effort into trying to help and I genuinely appreciate it :biggrin:

Hi guys

I am a bit lost with some of these settings and would appreciate a hand if anyone can spare the time.

I want multibalancer to do the following if there is a difference of two players or more.

a) Send a warning to all that the teams are unbalanced and team balancing will start shortly.

B) After 1 warning it says who is going to be balanced.

c) A short time later, 60 seconds etc if the player isn't already dead he is killed and moved over.

Features I would like are:

1) Team balance to not move players with the same clan tags on the same team unless they are the only ones left.

2) Stop players moving to the winning side after the losing team reaches it's last 100 tickets.

3) I want balance to work all the time except for when feature 2) applies no matter where we are in the game or how long the game has been on.

That's it. If multibalancer doesn't do this does anyone know of a script that does?

Also, still haven't found out why I can't see the carrier assault small and large in the plugin settings after updating to the latest one?

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

I do appreciate your efforts to help Chilace bit I think you are wrong.

I have been connecting to my layer via a local instance of Procon for many years at least as far back as BC2 for sure.

It is designed that way.

Chillace is 100% correct. You are wrong.

Plugins should only be installed on the layer. The layer automatically sends down the plugin details and settings panel to your client when you connect. If you also run the plugin on your local client, you may cause problems unless you know what you are doing. Best practice is to only run on the layer.

You don't have to separately delete the DLL. As long as you copy the new .CS file (and you should ONLY install the MULTIbalancer.cs file from the zip release, no other file) into the plugins folder, the old DLL will automatically be deleted when you restart Procon.

The sequence is always, for all plugins:

1) Shutdown your layer Procon.exe

2) Upload and install plugin .cs (or .inc files) to the appropriate Plugins directory

3) Restart layer Procon.exe

If you've done all of the above and still don't see the NS Carrier Large and NS Carrier Small settings, it means your layer Procon.exe hasn't been updated. It's either an old version or Procon or it has an old copy of the BF4.defs file. Either way, it needs updating.

I want multibalancer to do the following if there is a difference of two players or more.

a) Send a warning to all that the teams are unbalanced and team balancing will start shortly.

B) After 1 warning it says who is going to be balanced.

c) A short time later, 60 seconds etc if the player isn't already dead he is killed and moved over.

I don't think you read post #1 in this thread. MULTIbalancer doesn't work that way, so all of that is unnecessary.

There's no need to send a warning, because MULTIbalancer is always on. It's always moving players, sometimes subtlety, in ways players can't detect.

In the normal mode, in only moves players when they are first joining, before they see the deployment screen, or when they die. There's no 60 second or any second delay. Every time a player dies, it checks to see if balancing is needed and moves the player if it is.

In the fast balance mode (if enabled, it's disabled by default via Enable Admin Kill For Fast Balance), it does kill players as soon as the difference in teams is 4 players or more (e.g., 26 vs 30), unless population is Low, in which case it's 3 players or more (e.g., 5 vs 8). If its only a 2 or 3 player difference, it uses the normal balancing mode as described above.

Features I would like are:

1) Team balance to not move players with the same clan tags on the same team unless they are the only ones left.

2) Stop players moving to the winning side after the losing team reaches it's last 100 tickets.

3) I want balance to work all the time except for when feature 2) applies no matter where we are in the game or how long the game has been on.

All of those options are possible and explained in post #1. Please read it all the way through and then if you have questions, post them.

Chillace is 100% correct. You are wrong.

Plugins should only be installed on the layer. The layer automatically sends down the plugin details and settings panel to your client when you connect. If you also run the plugin on your local client, you may cause problems unless you know what you are doing. Best practice is to only run on the layer.

You don't have to separately delete the DLL. As long as you copy the new .CS file (and you should ONLY install the MULTIbalancer.cs file from the zip release, no other file) into the plugins folder, the old DLL will automatically be deleted when you restart Procon.

The sequence is always, for all plugins:

1) Shutdown your layer Procon.exe

2) Upload and install plugin .cs (or .inc files) to the appropriate Plugins directory

3) Restart layer Procon.exe

Well I am not going to argue with a person that develops the actual software I am trying to use so we'll leave it there although I have had no problems mirroring the layered plugin files locally until now.

I have completely cleared the plugin folder in my local directory, rebooted everything and the problem still persists so in this case it is academic as that isn't the cause although I am not saying it couldn't be a problem in the future.

The install procedure you have given is what I did and what I have done many many times before without a problem.

This could be something I have done, probably is as no one else seems to be struggling with it LOL.

I however, cannot see where I have gone wrong though so was simply asking for some help.

Well I am not going to argue with a person that develops the actual software I am trying to use so we'll leave it there although I have had no problems mirroring the layered plugin files locally until now.

I have completely cleared the plugin folder in my local directory, rebooted everything and the problem still persists so in this case it is academic as that isn't the cause although I am not saying it couldn't be a problem in the future.

The install procedure you have given is what I did and what I have done many many times before without a problem.

This could be something I have done, probably is as no one else seems to be struggling with it LOL.

I however, cannot see where I have gone wrong though so was simply asking for some help.

I edited my post with more information. Your copy of Procon on the layer is not up to date. You need to update it, particularly the BF4.defs file.

I also answer the questions in your other post.

BTW, which panel do you use when you use plugins on your local client? Screen shot it. It's possible you are using the local panel instead of the layer panel.

I edited my post with more information. Your copy of Procon on the layer is not up to date. You need to update it, particularly the BF4.defs file.

I also answer the questions in your other post.

BTW, which panel do you use when you use plugins on your local client? Screen shot it. It's possible you are using the local panel instead of the layer panel.

That's great, thank for that mate.

In response to your post and edited info " it does kill players as soon as the difference in teams is 4 players or more".

Is it possible to get it do that with a player diifference of two?

I keep getting grief from players when their is such a large difference and the server isnt that full and the balancer doesn't appear to be doing anything.

Another thing that might be related is the yell command doesn't appear to work now either when an admin asks for it via chat, i.e. "@yell test"

Also, I have taken screenshots of my Procon and also enclosed the bf4.def, please see below:

http://www.1st-tag.co.uk/images/PROCON/PROCON_1.jpg

http://www.1st-tag.co.uk/images/PROCON/PROCON_2.jpg

http://www.1st-tag.co.uk/images/PROCON/BF4.def

That's great, thank for that mate.

In response to your post and edited info " it does kill players as soon as the difference in teams is 4 players or more".

Is it possible to get it do that with a player diifference of two?

I keep getting grief from players when their is such a large difference and the server isnt that full and the balancer doesn't appear to be doing anything.

Another thing that might be related is the yell command doesn't appear to work now either when an admin asks for it via chat, i.e. "@yell test"

Also, I have taken screenshots of my Procon and also enclosed the bf4.def, please see below:

http://www.1st-tag.co.uk/images/PROCON/PROCON_1.jpg

http://www.1st-tag.co.uk/images/PROCON/PROCON_2.jpg

http://www.1st-tag.co.uk/images/PROCON/BF4.def

Your panels look good, you have the default Procon setting that hides the local plugin panel (making installing local plugins all the more useless :smile: ).

As I suspected, your BF4.defs is out of date. We are all on R31 now, but the latest version in yours in R30. Your layer hoster probably does not have automatic updating enabled. Submit a support ticket to your hoster to get BF4.defs updated.

Your panels look good, you have the default Procon setting that hides the local plugin panel (making installing local plugins all the more useless :smile: ).

As I suspected, your BF4.defs is out of date. We are all on R31 now, but the latest version in yours in R30. Your layer hoster probably does not have automatic updating enabled. Submit a support ticket to your hoster to get BF4.defs updated.

Ahh I see. I only used the local plugins when my layer went down and then I just connected direct to the server using the local plugins until my layer went back up again. This is usually whilst we are changing server providers etc.

Reference the BF4.def.

Can I not just ftp the one from my local installation to procon myself?

This is the date on it:

/////////////////////////////////////////////

// This definitions file will be overwritten during an update.

// (2014-04-01.01)

// This file contains the standard defintions required to run procon

// connected to a BF4 server

Ahh I see. I only used the local plugins when my layer went down and then I just connected direct to the server using the local plugins until my layer went back up again. This is usually whilst we are changing server providers etc.

Reference the BF4.def.

Can I not just ftp the one from my local installation to procon myself?

This is the date on it:

// This definitions file will be overwritten during an update.

// (2014-04-01.01)

// This file contains the standard defintions required to run procon

// connected to a BF4 server

Never mind, I've just uploaded it and the settings for carrier assault now appear.

So it was the BF4.def file not updating all along.

I'll keep a look out for that from now on.

Thanks for your help.

i cant this to work at all it does not show up on my procon console pluggins what am i doing wrong help please :sad:

Explain what you did. Are you using a layer? If so, where did you upload/FTP the file to?

If you are not using a layer, where did you copy the MULTIbalancer.cs file?

After copying, did you restart Procon?

Are you sure you are using the latest version of Procon (1.4.2.3)?

What does the plugin.log show after you start Procon? It should look something like this:

[...] Compiling MULTIbalancer.cs... Done

[...] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Game Version = BF4

[...] Loading MULTIbalancer... Loaded

If it doesn't look like that, what is the error?

Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx*:

hello PC9.. please help me fix my lockers server. All the rage is doing is making me mad and just wanting to leave it and let the noobs cry but of course that won't be pro of me :smile:

here's 3 post of a longass forum thread on my forum about this:

Is this a way to stop team stacking, ANSWER: NO! Instead there are those whom will simply LEAVE the server & find another server to play on ( FACT )! Efforts to prevent team stacking via AUTO BALANCE only INFURIATES those of whom wish to game with their friends ( FACT )! If the auto balance isn't switched to the way it was previously then prepare to loose members as well as the high ranking of which the server currently holds. Others as well as myself have experienced the HORRIBLE auto balance & then your squad is screwed up & the game play changes to a whole new experience, ( Not Appreciated ).

Splitting up teams simply because there are those whom loose & can't play isn't fair to those whom win & have the skill to do so. It's simply WRONG to say that CLAN TAGS will keep the squads together because it will not!

I've heard serveral comments as to the auto-balance & it is NOT going over as well as you might think. F3L0N said QUOTE: WTF - We have to find another server to game on, this is BULL-SHIT! Karlos said QUOTE: BULL SHIT & other choice words of which I was unable to understand! Prophet said QUOTE: Mother-_ucking auto-balance, WTF! And countless others of whom I have heard comment in the chat as well as the TeamSpeak3 comments! READ THE CHAT LOG, IT IS NOT WANTED!

As for team stacking, that's what SOME call CHEATING & others call GAME-PLAY! No matter your decision in the matter, your NOT going to satisfy all & I can tell you this is IMHO BULL SHIT as well. It's bad enough the net-code & game has issues but this add's to the irritations, after all this IS NOT your average COD game as some believe! Setting the server up so you cannot switch sides more than twice is sufficient enough! I might also add there are those whom SWITCH simply to WIN, those are the one's whom make running a server HARD! F A C T

me:

you guys all need to calm the fk down and let me handle things. i know how to run servers. i appreciate positive feedback but not non stop rants.

i don't care about server rank first of all. if i make changes, i give it a few days to see how it turns out.

I DON'T CARE IF PEOPLE THREATEN TO LEAVE MY SERVER AND PLAY ELSEWHERE. I DON'T CARE ENOUGH ABOUT THIS GAME TO BEG PEOPLE TO STAY!

what i do is on my free time in running these servers, and trying to find a happy medium that is fair for all. if i wish to test things with my server, i can do so.

then a bunch of "wow fantasy you're really mad upset about this blablalbla"

then another guy:

I posted in another thread about the autobalance system because I didn't see this one until just now, but I've been having the same problems with the autobalance system as everyone else.

It looks like things got a bit heated in this thread, but I can understand why. We all love playing the the UN 24/7 Lockers server because it's the best Lockers server around, but this new autobalance system has becoming very frustrating for many of us regulars. It's like autobalance on steroids.

For example, I'll be on the losing team and then run some crazy flanks (that cause me to die a bunch of times), but eventually one is successful and then I'm able to cap some flags and my team makes a sick comeback and starts winning....then out of nowhere, BOOM, autobalanced to the other team. It's probably the most frustrated I've ever been playing this game, because I worked so hard on playing the objective and helping my team, and then suddenly I'm punished for it.

Everything seemed to be great until this new autobalance system was put into place, but this new script just seems to go haywire and switches people left and right. It reminds me of the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". I understand where you're coming from fantasygirl in that you are trying to prevent team stacking, which I totally support. I just don't think this new system is the right solution. Perhaps it just needs to be tweaked or whatever, but I'm confident you'll figure something out. Thanks.

ok so I had tried to do the split level 100s up thing then I changed it but somehow its still doing it (which I don't mind) I want it to do it, but maybe not so much and maybe not so close to the end of the game.

please please please help me fix

Code:

[07:43:15 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Command: gen cl
[07:43:15 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Max Players: 64
[07:43:15 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Check Team Stacking After First Minutes: 5
[07:43:15 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Max Unstacking Swaps Per Round: 8
[07:43:15 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Number Of Swaps Per Group: 4
[07:43:15 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Delay Seconds Between Swap Groups: 600
[07:43:15 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Max Unstacking Ticket Difference: 150
[07:43:15 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Determine Strong Players By: RoundScore
[07:43:15 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong: 50
[07:43:15 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Only Move Weak Players: True
[07:43:15 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Disperse Evenly By Rank >=: 100
[07:43:15 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Enable Disperse Evenly List: False
[07:43:15 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of High Population For Players >=: 48
[07:43:15 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of Low Population For Players <=: 16
[07:43:15 14] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of Early Phase As Tickets From Start: 100
[07:43:15 14] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of Late Phase As Tickets From End: 300
[07:43:15 14] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Enable Scrambler: True
[07:43:15 14] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Enable Metro Adjustments: False
[07:43:28 17] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Command: gen
unswitcher- All always (no switch to win, big, team etc) and then true

please please please help me fix

Code:

[07:43:15 13] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Command: gen cl
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Max Players: 64
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Check Team Stacking After First Minutes: 5
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Max Unstacking Swaps Per Round: 8
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Number Of Swaps Per Group: 4
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Delay Seconds Between Swap Groups: 600
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Max Unstacking Ticket Difference: 150
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Determine Strong Players By: RoundScore
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong: 50
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Only Move Weak Players: True
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Disperse Evenly By Rank >=: 100
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Enable Disperse Evenly List: False
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of High Population For Players >=: 48
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of Low Population For Players <=: 16
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of Early Phase As Tickets From Start: 100
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of Late Phase As Tickets From End: 300
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Enable Scrambler: True
8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Enable Metro Adjustments: False
Command: gen
unswitcher- All always (no switch to win, big, team etc) and then true
Of course I'll help you.

First of all, good for you standing up to the haters. Any loser who thinks "lose" is spelled with two o's should be ignored with impunity. My advice is don't even bother with the all-caps reply. Just say, "I pay attention to rational, constructive feedback only." Period, full stop, no caps. If they can't figure out that you won't pay attention to flaming, fuck em.

Second, I need to see section 1 and section 3 settings as well in order to help fully. Also, how many tickets are you running?

Finally, do you have Unstacking enabled? A simple thing you can try is disable Unstacking, but leave the mercy-ending and/or surrender limits enabled, so that if the round is too far gone without chance of recovery, it will automatically end and then scramble teams. For maps like Lockers or Metro 2014, that's probably preferable to unstacking, due to the situation explained by the last poster.

Of course I'll help you.

First of all, good for you standing up to the haters. Any loser who thinks "lose" is spelled with two o's should be ignored with impunity. My advice is don't even bother with the all-caps reply. Just say, "I pay attention to rational, constructive feedback only." Period, full stop, no caps. If they can't figure out that you won't pay attention to flaming, fuck em.

Second, I need to see section 1 and section 3 settings as well in order to help fully. Also, how many tickets are you running?

Finally, do you have Unstacking enabled? A simple thing you can try is disable Unstacking, but leave the mercy-ending and/or surrender limits enabled, so that if the round is too far gone without chance of recovery, it will automatically end and then scramble teams. For maps like Lockers or Metro 2014, that's probably preferable to unstacking, due to the situation explained by the last poster.

I don't usually get mad but this is a long forum thread of just whining and crying and then I hear it on the servers.

It is a 3200 ticket Lockers server which has mercy ending at 1200 ticket difference. At night, there is usually a queue of about 15 or so to get in so yes, it's quite popular!

I don't remember how to do cg to get section 1 & 3 so I just took a ss. I don't have unstacking enabled.

Thanks so much!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

FYI, the commands are gen 1 and gen 3. Just use the section number. The screenies are fine, though.

Looks like you are not running the latest version? Not that it would make a difference for this particular situation, but if you are running Naval Strike maps with MB, you ought to update. Looks like you are at least 2 versions behind, since I don't see the Enable Admin Kill For Fast Balance setting either.

Okay, be that as it may, here are my suggestions.

For 3200 tickets, 300 is way, way too low as the definition of Late phase. I generally recommend 25% to 33% of total tickets. Late phase is what defines "near the end of the round", so you can turn off balancing, unstacking, unswitching, etc. In section 3, you have Stop,Stop,Stop for Late Phase, which is good, that means you want balancing (and unstacking, but that's not applicable) to stop. Now all we have to do is tune up when Late phase starts.

Try changing Definition Of Late Phase As Tickets From End to 800. That's the full length of a normal game without any balancing moves, should quiet some complaints.

Tuning up the Early phase setting would also be a good idea. I recommend 15% to 30% of tickets for that. Try changing Definition Of Early Phase As Tickets From Start to 600. Also, change section 3 Early Phase to Fast,Fast,Fast. You don't want teams out of balance early in the round, so you can move for balance more aggressively, before people get invested in their team or position.

You could just try those adjustments at first, but I suspect the main source of complaints is the Disperse Evenly By Rank setting. There's not really much you can do to reduce complaints about that other than turn it off altogether. You could try raising the setting to the current maximum (120_), and then bump it up as each DLC raises the level cap, but eventually all the diehards will be at that level and the complaining will start again. So it's just a delaying tactic, not a cure. The Dispersal moves do respect the balance speed of Stop, though, so setting the Late phase to be much longer will reduce complaints about moves towards the end of the round for high ranked players.

I normally also recommend changing Only Move Weak Players to False, but if your server is almost always full and rarely out of balance, it wouldn't help and would generate more complaints, not less. Leaving it False does mean that when your server is only partially full for the round, or partially full at the beginning of every round, it takes longer to balance teams.

EDIT: I should clarify that some of the complaints are legit. Regular balancing moves do respect the Same Clan Tags In Squad, etc., exclusions, but moves based on Disperse Evenly By Rank do NOT respect clan tags. The "disperse evenly" settings mean "move that player at all costs", ignoring pretty much everything except the balance speed of Stop and the Whitelist. So when they complain about getting moved even if though they have clan mates in their squad with the same tag, if they are a high ranked player getting dispersed, they are right, their tags are ignored in that case. So when trying to reassure people that clans will be kept together, make sure you mention that exception.

changing high rank to 120 actually sounds like a idea! actually I'll make it 115.

I guess I wasn't really clear on what the late phase early phase # were about so I'll defo make those changes!

Thanks again :smile:

edit: re read your post 3x so that I'm extra clear, excited to try all these exact changes except rank 115! thanks!!

edit 2: in other good news, I got new server subscribers who want to be immune to being balanced. I did not even advertise for this. Just asked. LOL.. maybe I'll just change preset to INTENSE and a running auto message "IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE BALANCED BY MONSTER BALANCER, DONATE TODAY!"

just kidding :smile:

edit 2: in other good news, I got new server subscribers who want to be immune to being balanced. I did not even advertise for this. Just asked. LOL.. maybe I'll just change preset to INTENSE and a running auto message "IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE BALANCED BY MONSTER BALANCER, DONATE TODAY!"

just kidding :smile:

Don't call her badmin, call her an entrepreneur!

how to enable new feature "round-over logging (chat and plugin logs) that records the winning team, map, mode, and time in round, at the end of every round." ?

It's always on, no need to enable it. Just make sure your Debug Level is at least 2.

In plugin.log (if your Debug Level is 2 or greater), you should see something like:

[MULTIbalancer]:2 Status: Winner was team 2 (CN)

In chat.log (always), you should see something like:

MULTIbalancer > All: Winner was team 2 (CN)

NOTE: There is no chat or yell message to players, if that is what you are looking for. The feature is about logging the winning team.

Originally Posted by supermillhouse*:

There's more than one way to go about this. :smile:

Try posting a request in the MULTIbalancer plugin thread for a way for other plugins to call MULTIbalancer and get/set the Whitelist. I've already added a way for plugins to set an end-of-round scramble, so why not this?

Then you can use the existing plugin.CallOtherPlugin() function in Insane Limits to call it.

I said I wouldn't extend Insane Limits, but I never said I wouldn't extend MULTIbalancer. :smile:

Getting info will be complicated. You'll have to provide me with the specification of the plugin to call back. You'll have to set up a function that other plugins can call and then pass the class name and method name. Then we need to agree on the JSON string to pass.

Setting is much easier. You just need to call either MULTIbalancer.UpdatePluginData or MULTIbalancer.UpdatePluginJSON with a new property name that I will have to add. Details are in post #2 of the MB thread.

So this is me officially asking, please, if you could introduce a way in multibalancer I can interact with the whitelist from insanelimits. only worried about set at the moment. :ohmy:

So this is me officially asking, please, if you could introduce a way in multibalancer I can interact with the whitelist from insanelimits. only worried about set at the moment. :ohmy:

Design discussion is on-going here:

showthread....lling-standard*

I think we're getting close to a common design that will work for all plugins that have a whitelist, or whatever.

Originally Posted by Renegade605*:

I'm wondering if there is a way we could get a bit of a custom balance going for Squad Deathmatch games. It may be a tall order so let me know if I'm way out there and this will never happen, but here goes:

On our server we're frequently playing SQDM with around 4-12 players, and when we do that, we typically like to split up into less squads of more people. Eg. 8 players we'll play 4v4, rather than 2v2v2v2. Unfortunately, multibalancer sees teams/squads with 4 players and others with 0, and then tries to balance us out. What I would like to propose is that there would be a way for us to ignore the empty teams until the end of the round. So if we started out the round with only two squads of 3, it would let us keep it that way, and then if more players join and it becomes 2v4v3, grab the weakest/newest player from the largest squad and balance them to the smallest one. It would be really awesome if it could reference the two squads that started the match, and never split them up for the remainder of the round. So if we started with 4v4 and one more player joined, they would have to play solo until the end of the round. Then, for the next round, disperse the squads to 3v3v3 based on RoundScore (or whatever else you choose).

Finally, I hope this small part would be easy to implement: Could Multibalancer use immediate unswitching and on-join dispersal to prevent the squads/teams in SQDM (and SQR) from having more than 4 players each? I find it super annoying that the game even allows this to happen, especially since you then can't see the 5th+ player on the scoreboard.

Regards,

Renegade

I'm wondering if there is a way we could get a bit of a custom balance going for Squad Deathmatch games. It may be a tall order so let me know if I'm way out there and this will never happen, but here goes:

First of all, I've been looking for an SQDM server to do some testing and, heck, playing on. If you are willing, PM me your game server host name/ip address, port and password. I'll only do passive monitoring with logging, no interference with your current setup.

On our server we're frequently playing SQDM with around 4-12 players, and when we do that, we typically like to split up into less squads of more people. Eg. 8 players we'll play 4v4, rather than 2v2v2v2. Unfortunately, multibalancer sees teams/squads with 4 players and others with 0, and then tries to balance us out. What I would like to propose is that there would be a way for us to ignore the empty teams until the end of the round. So if we started out the round with only two squads of 3, it would let us keep it that way, and then if more players join and it becomes 2v4v3, grab the weakest/newest player from the largest squad and balance them to the smallest one. It would be really awesome if it could reference the two squads that started the match, and never split them up for the remainder of the round. So if we started with 4v4 and one more player joined, they would have to play solo until the end of the round. Then, for the next round, disperse the squads to 3v3v3 based on RoundScore (or whatever else you choose).

There's something you can try that is already built-in. It won't do exactly what you want, but it's worth a try. You can automatically disable the balancer and the unswitcher when the total number of players are below a specified count. Then you can organize your teams however you want. The downside is that if you have set the level to X, as soon as the X+1 player joins, everyone will get moved to level out the teams.

If you set your Definition of Low Population For Players to 9, and set your Section 3 Early, Mid and Late phase Balance Speeds to Stop (see below), you'll be able to arrange yourselves into up to 4v4 without worrying about the balancer messing it up. Just chose a number for Definition of Low that is one higher than the PvP you want. Of course, once the (2P+1)+1 player joins, the balancer will kick in and level all four teams. The first two teams won't be protected. I know that's not what you wanted, but like I said, try this first.

Change your section 3 Balance Speeds to:

Early: Stop, Slow, Slow

Mid: Stop, Slow, Slow

Late: Stop, Stop, Stop

Setting to Stop for Low Population is what deactivates the balancer and unswitcher (oh, make sure you set the new Enable Low Population Adjustments setting to True also in the SQDM settings)! Also, set SQDM Only Move Weak Players to True. That combination of settings should minimize the chance that the original players will be balanced and that mostly new players will be moved into the empty teams. It's not a guarantee, though.

As you guessed, changing the code to leave players in place and only move new players would be a big change. It's not impossible, but work I'd like to avoid if the above is close enough.

Finally, I hope this small part would be easy to implement: Could Multibalancer use immediate unswitching and on-join dispersal to prevent the squads/teams in SQDM (and SQR) from having more than 4 players each? I find it super annoying that the game even allows this to happen, especially since you then can't see the 5th+ player on the scoreboard.

Regards,

Renegade

Uh, you mean for a server with max 16 players? If you have more than max 16, it's not possible, of course, unless you want MB to kick extra players ... If you mean that as long as max is 16, cap every team to max 4 players, sure, that's doable. Kind of the opposite of the previous request, right?

The balancer's strategy does try to keep the teams as close to each other as possible. No two teams should have more than 1 player difference. That means that with exactly 12 players, it has to be 3v3v3v3, since every other arrangement has at least a difference of 2 between at least two teams. An arrangement like 6v2v2v2 shouldn't last long. Barring exclusions/exemptions, as always.

It wouldn't be too hard to change the code to look at some new setting, SQDM Max Team Size or something like that, and once a team reaches that size, no new players will be allowed to move into that team and the balancer will lock it down, no one in or out, unless someone leaves. If you want, you can add a wish list request here:

https://github.com/PapaCharlie9/mult...e=1&state=open

No promises on when I'd get around to it, though. And I hope you don't want both requests to work a the same time, allow 6v6v0v0 until there are 13 players, THEN cap every team at 4.

Originally Posted by FLirtY-3D*:

Sorry for the dumb Question but how do you work out the ticket ratio in a game of rush.......

my last round was this....

[14:33:43 64] [MULTIbalancer]:2 Status: Winner was team 2 (Defending)

[14:33:43 64] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Map = Operation Metro, mode = Rush, stage = 2, time in round = 01:49:03, tickets = 0/8569(301)

[14:33:43 64] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Ticket difference = 301, ticket ratio percentage is 143%, score 263255/293547

[14:33:43 64] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: 7/192 raged, 73 reassigned, 8 balanced, 12 unstacked, 28 unswitched, 482 excluded, 888 exempted, 0 failed; of 5307 TOTAL

[14:33:43 64] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Team counts [57] = 28(Attacking) vs 29(Defending), with 1 unassigned

just like to no for future reference.......

nevermind i found a helpful tread myrcon.net/...multibalancer-30-mar-2015-bfhl#entry34014

Originally Posted by superg*:

What is the minimum amount of players before scramble will work? Looks to be about 15? Is there a way i can make scramble happen every round no matter the amount of players or round outcome? Sorry if this has been answered. I searched the thread and could not find it.

What is the minimum amount of players before scramble will work? Looks to be about 15? Is there a way i can make scramble happen every round no matter the amount of players or round outcome? Sorry if this has been answered. I searched the thread and could not find it.

16 or more. No, there's no way to change that. Scrambling is not effective with fewer players, particularly if squads have to be kept together.

Say you have 12 players. Team 1 has a squad of 4 and a squad of 2. Team 2 has a squad of 5 and a squad of 1. Keeping squads together, how do you "scramble" that arrangement and still end up with balanced teams? It's not possible.