MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

Does the "Balance Speed" for Phases also count for Unstacking? Or just number of players balancing?

In what sense do you meant "also count"? Stop speed counts, meaning that no unstacking will happen if the speed is Stop. But that's the only speed that impacts Unstacking.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

Set Debug Level to 5 to see what's going on in plugin.log. You should see that as soon as the difference is 4 or more (e.g., 9 vs 5), someone should get admin killed and moved for FAST BALANCE. If the Population is Low, it's 3 or more (9 vs 6).

You're not running Official, right? MB doesn't work on Official.

- Normal mode , Ranked

I think the main problem is that the fast balance by admin kill, excludes topscores and players that have been balanced already.

I had the setting: Minutes after being moved : 90 min.

Example:

- game is US 9 players - RU 9 players

- a clan of 5 players quits due some reason

- game will get US 9 players - RU 4 players

- Most players if not all , have been balanced, so they are being excluded by the minutes after being moved. The fast balancer by admin kill, cant do anything now, if i am correct.

I now have turned the minutes after being moved to 0, so its disabled for now

I have to test with a lower setting, to fix this problem

- Normal mode , Ranked

I think the main problem is that the fast balance by admin kill, excludes topscores and players that have been balanced already.

I had the setting: Minutes after being moved : 90 min.

Example:

- game is US 9 players - RU 9 players

- a clan of 5 players quits due some reason

- game will get US 9 players - RU 4 players

- Most players if not all , have been balanced, so they are being excluded by the minutes after being moved. The fast balancer by admin kill, cant do anything now, if i am correct.

I now have turned the minutes after being moved to 0, so its disabled for now

I have to test with a lower setting, to fix this problem

Yeah, if even some of the remaining players have already been moved, the balancer can't do anything until the round ends. Even setting the minutes after being moved to 0 won't overcome the "only move once per round" requirement.

Originally Posted by SweNz*:

Hi forum,

I need help on Disperse Evenly List.

Example Scenario (Conquest Large 64)

1.John is really good at Tank driver.

2.Bob is good at Tank driver too.

3.Ann is good at Pilot driver.

4.Jane is also good pilot

5.Joe is John's friend.

6.Kate is Bob's friend.

I want to split those people into 2 teams evenly then I wrote down this following config in "Disperse Evenly List" array.

Code:

1 John EA_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Jane
Joe
2 Ann
Bob EA_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Kate
But they're still in the same team and another team got RAPED :sad:.

Can you give me some advice to make this magic disperse list work ?

Thank you in advance :biggrin:

Hi forum,

I need help on Disperse Evenly List.

Example Scenario (Conquest Large 64)

1.John is really good at Tank driver.

2.Bob is good at Tank driver too.

3.Ann is good at Pilot driver.

4.Jane is also good pilot

5.Joe is John's friend.

6.Kate is Bob's friend.

I want to split those people into 2 teams evenly then I wrote down this following config in "Disperse Evenly List" array.

Code:

1 John EA_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Jane
Joe
2 Ann
Bob EA_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Kate
But they're still in the same team and another team got RAPED :sad:.

Can you give me some advice to make this magic disperse list work ?

Thank you in advance :biggrin:

I'm assuming none of these people have clan tags that could be used, only their player names?

You didn't make clear who you want to be on which team. Do you want pilots on one team and tanks on another, or do you want to split tanks and split pilots? I'll assume the latter. This is your Disperse Evenly List:

Code:

1 John Ann
2 Bob Jane
The friends are treated separately in the Friends List:

Code:

John Joe
Bob Kate
Again, the only reason to use the Friends List is if John and Joe don't share clan tags. Similarly for Bob and Kate.

You'll also need to set Enable Disperse Evenly List (per mode) and On Friends List to True.

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

Seems the whitelist/clan portion isn't working correctly moves people constantly that i have listed...

/discuss

I'm also getting complaints about this. Not on the list, but with clan tags, I have it set to keep same people with clan tags in the same team/squad, but I've seen some complaints where a player (With 3 other members with same tag) is balanced/unstacked (Maybe by rank dispersal? but I have same clan tags for that too!) to the other team.

Seems the whitelist/clan portion isn't working correctly moves people constantly that i have listed...

/discuss

I'm also getting complaints about this. Not on the list, but with clan tags, I have it set to keep same people with clan tags in the same team/squad, but I've seen some complaints where a player (With 3 other members with same tag) is balanced/unstacked (Maybe by rank dispersal? but I have same clan tags for that too!) to the other team.

All of the Disperse Evenly settings are higher priority than clan tag friendship. So players with the same tags in squads may get moved anyway, if they meet some other criteria, like Disperse Rank Evenly.

The Whitelist, on the other hand, is the highest priority. No one on the Whitelist should get moved.

@pluginnoob: please post your Whitelist settings. Also post your Section 2 settings and relevant Section 8 settings. You can either screenshot or use the gen commands in Show Command In Log, for example:

gen 1

gen 2

gen cl

Those three commands will write Section 1, Section 2 and Section 8: Conquest Large settings to your plugin.log.

Makes sense then, I have disperse evenly by rank 120, and they're not on the white list. I guess I'll add them since they're a friendly clan who play a lot on our server.

But, I noticed there's also Lenient Rank Dispersal and Same Clan Tags for Rank Dispersal, both which are enabled. Shouldn't it then have higher priority for clan tag friendship rather than rank dispersal?

But, I noticed there's also Lenient Rank Dispersal and Same Clan Tags for Rank Dispersal, both which are enabled. Shouldn't it then have higher priority for clan tag friendship rather than rank dispersal?

You are right, those should help. These charts show how those settings change the behavior of Dispersal:

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-faq-and-detailed-explanations#entry43460

It doesn't change the priority. Instead, after a decision for rank dispersal is made, those special cases are checked and the dispersal move might get skipped if they are true.

So if you have those enabled and people are getting moved even though they have the same tags, something else is going on. Do you have Enable Admin Kill For Fast Balance set to True? That ignores tags.

If you set Debug Level to 6, every time a decision is made to move someone, all the details will be logged, such as whether a move is skipped due to lenient treatment. That will help you narrow down why people are getting moved.

You are right, those should help. These charts show how those settings change the behavior of Dispersal:

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-faq-and-detailed-explanations#entry43460

It doesn't change the priority. Instead, after a decision for rank dispersal is made, those special cases are checked and the dispersal move might get skipped if they are true.

So if you have those enabled and people are getting moved even though they have the same tags, something else is going on. Do you have Enable Admin Kill For Fast Balance set to True? That ignores tags.

If you set Debug Level to 6, every time a decision is made to move someone, all the details will be logged, such as whether a move is skipped due to lenient treatment. That will help you narrow down why people are getting moved.

Aww damn, I do indeed have Enable Admin Kill for Fast Balance. :sad:

No chance of that one respecting tags?

Thanks for the help! :smile:

Originally Posted by trans-am*:

How do i have a ratio of 1:2 for team balance

How do i set that the team will scramble every round end?

I have a 40p server and running CQ small (BF3).

These are my setting:

http://i62.tinypic.com/34npc48.png

http://i59.tinypic.com/2eohzwn.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/15pskmg.png

http://i60.tinypic.com/33vbztk.png

http://i62.tinypic.com/dgs8xu.png

Thanks in advance =)

How do i have a ratio of 1:2 for team balance

Do you mean like have 10 people on the US team and 20 people on the RU team? That's not possible with this plugin.

How do i set that the team will scramble every round end?

I have a 40p server and running CQ small (BF3).

These are my setting:

http://i62.tinypic.com/34npc48.png

http://i59.tinypic.com/2eohzwn.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/15pskmg.png

http://i60.tinypic.com/33vbztk.png

http://i62.tinypic.com/dgs8xu.png

Thanks in advance =)

In Section 4, set Only On Final Ticket Percentage to 0.

That's it, the rest of your settings are correct for scrambling every round. Note that the plugin requires at least 16 players to scramble, so if you have less than that, no scramble will happen.

Originally Posted by trans-am*:

Do you mean like have 10 people on the US team and 20 people on the RU team? That's not possible with this plugin.

I apologise that i didn't state clearly(bad at expressing).

what i mean was when 8V9, the next one to join will make it 9v9.

Originally Posted by guapoloko*:

I'm having this problem, try to set for 64 players and informs me that:

[MULTIbalancer]:0 ERROR: Conquest Large:Max Players must be greater than or equal to 8 and less than or equal to 32, was set to 64, corrected to 32

I apologise that i didn't state clearly(bad at expressing).

what i mean was when 8V9, the next one to join will make it 9v9.

Set Reassign New Players to True. That will insure that new players are assigned to the smaller team, at the cost of causing a Battlelog Join on Friend to fail.

For Conquest, MB autobalance triggers when the difference is 2 players when the population is Low or Mid. For example, if teams are 10v8 and there are no new players joining, a player will be moved from the team of 10 to make 9v9. If the population is High, the difference has to be 3. For example, if teams are 30v27 and there are no new players joining, a player will be moved from the team of 30 to make 29v28. That will be considered balanced and autobalance will deactivate.

Originally Posted by rayman2550*:

Hey Charlie, I need your help setting up the plugin. I have a BF3 50 player server with the following maps:

Code:

1. [CQ Large] Operation Metro 2 Rounds
2. [TDM] Kharg Island 1 Round
3. [Rush] Damavand Peak 2 Rounds
4. [CQ Large] Seine Crossing 2 Rounds
5. [TDM] Nohshar Canals 1 Round
6. [Rush] Grand Bazaar 2 Rounds
7. [CQ Small] Kharg Island 1 Round
8. [TDM] Operation Firestorm 1 Round
9. [Rush] Caspian Border 2 Rounds
10.[CQ Large] Grand Bazaar 1 Round
11. [TDM] Damavand Peak 1 Round
12. [Rush] Seine Crossing 2 Rounds
13. [CQ Large] Operation Firestorm 1 Round
14. [TDM] Grand Bazaar 1 Round
15. [Rush] Operation Metro 2 Rounds
16. [CQ Small] Caspian Border 1 Round
17. [Rush] Teheran Highway 2 Rounds
As you can see i only run 4 Game Modes.

Ticket Count:

Code:

TDM: Min.    Max.
     100     200

CQ Large & Small : Min.    Max.
                   100     400

Rush: Min.    Max.
        75    150
Here are the screenshots:

Presets and Settings

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6d2nbezb15eroqq/1.PNG

Exclusions & Round Phase & population Settings

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jj8xs9ma452fzp/2.PNG

Scrambler & Unswitcher

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gji1j4o07d7ck8z/3.PNG

Settings for CQ Small

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ol6nwjpq1dylel1/4.PNG

Settings for CQ Large

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2smxup1mgjwz6b/5.PNG

Settings for Rush

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xazgk0li4p1qm29/6.PNG

Settings for TDM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0kbxg608g58lw5m/7.PNG

I know i did something stupid somewhere. Every time i try to understand it my brain goes into retard mode and i end up saying f-it and i do something else.

Can you tell me how to set it up correctly so the teams are always balanced?

Plus for the future which settings do i have to modify if i want to increase the player size?

Thanks for the help.

Hey Charlie, I need your help setting up the plugin. I have a BF3 50 player server with the following maps:Can you tell me how to set it up correctly so the teams are always balanced?

Plus for the future which settings do i have to modify if i want to increase the player size?

Thanks for the help.

I recommend these changes:

1) Disable Unstacking. You run 4 modes (your use of "only" made me smile), 2 of which aren't well suited for unstacking.

2) Your conquest ticket size of 100 is too small, even for conquest small. It depends more on number of players than on mode. For 50 players you aren't going to want fewer than 300 tickets, regardless of the mode. For 300 tickets or more, having Early and Late set to 50 would be best.

3) Your High population is too high across the board. It has to be less than your max. Something between 32 and 40 would be good for a 50 max.

4) You are Scrambling on RoundKills but defining Strong as RoundScore. Those should be consistent. They aren't required to be, but you need to have a good reason to make them be different.

5) I'd disable Only Move Weak Players. If you stay full at 50 you could consider leaving it True, but you are cutting the pool of players available for balance moving in half by doing so. You can make that a little better by decreasing Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong to 40, but it would be better to just set Only Move Weak Players to false.

If you increase the number of players in the future, change Maximum Server Size first, then increase the per-mode Max Players settings. If you decrease the number of players, reverse the order of the changes.

Originally Posted by Jeppezon*:

On a clan server we have issues that a round might end 700-0 tow times in a row. When I speak to the admin he says that the autobalance can't unstack teams if the server is full?

So it will only scramble teams when the round has finnished.

I'm just asking if it's true that the server can't unstack teams when the server is full?

Originally Posted by LCARSx64*:

On a clan server we have issues that a round might end 700-0 tow times in a row. When I speak to the admin he says that the autobalance can't unstack teams if the server is full?

So it will only scramble teams when the round has finnished.

I'm just asking if it's true that the server can't unstack teams when the server is full?

It's true and makes sense if you think about it. If both teams are full then there's no where to shift players for unstacking, all slots are taken.

It's true and makes sense if you think about it. If both teams are full then there's no where to shift players for unstacking, all slots are taken.

Yeah that's true I get that. But still there are people leaving and joning during the match but it still don't swap ppl due to the server que since it thinks the server is full even tho there is a empty slot untill the player has acutally loaded the game?

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

Yeah that's true I get that. But still there are people leaving and joning during the match but it still don't swap ppl due to the server que since it thinks the server is full even tho there is a empty slot untill the player has acutally loaded the game?

There are many different settings for how fast this balancer acts on things, in addition to what metrics it uses, he probably just hasn't configured it correctly. What type of server is it? I/we can suggest settings.

There are many different settings for how fast this balancer acts on things, in addition to what metrics it uses, he probably just hasn't configured it correctly. What type of server is it? I/we can suggest settings.

CAL and CQ 64 players and then a 34 players rush, dom and ob

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

CAL and CQ 64 players and then a 34 players rush, dom and ob

Sorry, i don't usually deal with mixed mode servers so my experience with those is minimal. Mainly CQ and TDM here... Can someone else give advice?

If the server is completely full most of the time, the balancer isn't going to do anything at all, let alone unstack. The only action the balancer takes is moving players, and if there is no room to move them, nothing happens. This applies to scrambling too, though that is rare, since at least one player leaves at the end of the round. The number of players in the join queue would have to be equal to or greater than the number of players that leave in order for the scrambler moves to fail.

That said, you are right, there only needs to be one free slot for moves to be possible. Unfortunately, the default behavior is for the balancer to pay attention to players who are joining and to not do any moves if the new players will fill the slot. Fortunately, you can disable that behavior by setting all balance speeds (that aren't Stop) to Fast. Check your Section 3 settings and if you have any speeds set to Adaptive or Slow, change them to Fast.

Unstacking isn't recommended for Rush or Obliteration. You can enable Unstacking globally for Conquest and Domination in Section 0, and disable it locally for Rush and Obliteration by finding their respective Section 8 settings and setting both of the Unstacking counts to 0. For example, find Rush and set Max Unstacking Swaps Per Round and Number Of Swaps Per Group to 0. You can also set Check Team Stacking After First Minutes to some large number, like 120, if your rounds never go over 2 hours.

For tuning unstacking for Conquest and Domination, see the FAQ links collected here:

showthread....d-explanations*