MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

Could you tell me if my settings its good or if there is something to change the server is configured only for the rush and put the whole clan.

Attachment 3409

Attachment 3410

Attachment 3411

Attachment 3412

Attachment 3413

Disable Unstacking. Unstacking is not recommended for Rush unless you have a lot of tickets and you are prepared to do the research, data gathering and tuning necessary, over several days or weeks, to make it work right.

Otherwise, everything else looks fine, provided your server is almost always full and you have at least 75 tickets per stage.

If your server isn't always full, you should change Section 8 -Rush: Only Move Weak Players to False. You have set your top to be 33%, and for a 32 player full server with 16 players per team, that's 11 players in the player pool that can be moved, even if 4 are excluded, which should be sufficient. But say you only have 24 players total? Then you only have 12 players per team and only 8 can be moved. Say 4 of those are excluded by Whitelist or other exclusions you have set. Now you are down to 4. That's getting a bit thin.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like that

Capture.JPG

No. Those changes make no sense.

My only suggestion was to set Enable Unstacking to False.

Then I asked a question: is your server almost always full? What is the average number of players?

Originally Posted by virusdead*:

No. Those changes make no sense.

My only suggestion was to set Enable Unstacking to False.

Then I asked a question: is your server almost always full? What is the average number of players?

the server is a 32 and full map and some drops to 26 but 10 second it become 32

Originally Posted by coRpSE*:

Is there anywhere in the 181 pages here on settings that are ideal for a 32 slot server running Scavenger? We been having issues with team balance and I have tried several configurations and nothing seems to work, looking for suggestions or some sort of good configurations I should try out or be running.

Example of what I mean is we have had a few matches, where it balances the team so its 7 vs 3. Had another match where it was 14 vs 6, and I saw it move some people, and somewhat balanced it, but the teams were defiantly stacked.

What my goal is to have something that will balance the teams by their score/rank and at the end/start of the match, balance the teams. I am not sure if this could do that, but what i have read, I believe it can, so I am figuring that it is just my settings.

I did read that this system needs 16 players to scramble, but is that going to change for smaller servers, because I normally only get about 10 - 16 people on at a time. Would be nice to see this be able to do smaller for I usually see Scavenger server with about 10 - 24 people in there at one time. Most of the time its less.

Is there anywhere in the 181 pages here on settings that are ideal for a 32 slot server running Scavenger? We been having issues with team balance and I have tried several configurations and nothing seems to work, looking for suggestions or some sort of good configurations I should try out or be running.

Example of what I mean is we have had a few matches, where it balances the team so its 7 vs 3. Had another match where it was 14 vs 6, and I saw it move some people, and somewhat balanced it, but the teams were defiantly stacked.

What my goal is to have something that will balance the teams by their score/rank and at the end/start of the match, balance the teams. I am not sure if this could do that, but what i have read, I believe it can, so I am figuring that it is just my settings.

I did read that this system needs 16 players to scramble, but is that going to change for smaller servers, because I normally only get about 10 - 16 people on at a time. Would be nice to see this be able to do smaller for I usually see Scavenger server with about 10 - 24 people in there at one time. Most of the time its less.

No one has shared BF3 Scavenger settings yet, as you can see from the collected settings thread here:

showthread....ight=collected*

It should be similar to Domination or Close Quarters, but none of those have been shared either.

I suggest posting all of your settings and we'll see what we can do. Use the gen command in Show Command In Log as follows:

gen 1

gen 2

gen 3

gen 4

gen 6

gen s

Where each of those prints out the specified section of your settings to the log window at the bottom of the settings panel. Copy & paste into

copy & paste here
markup in a reply. You can also trim off all of the leading boilerplate to save space. For example, a raw line of settings might look like this:

Code:

[09:33:12 29] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Max Players: 64
You can trim that down to this, for each line:

Code:

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Max Players: 64
For Scrambling, there are technical reasons why less than 16 players won't work well. Nearly all admins using the scrambler want some sort of control over keeping friends together. Once you do that, only having a handful of players on each team to select from and then reducing that further by friendship relationships basically makes it impossible to scramble.

That said, I suppose I could notice that if all three of Keep Squads Together, Keep Clan Tags In Same Team and Keep Friends In Same Team were False, I could lower the limit to 6 players. I'll add that to the wish list for a future version, but that won't help you now.

Thanks for the reply. I took a look at that thread before I first posted over here, but most of the settings were for 64 slot servers or for high ticket count and what not. Nothing really what i was looking for.

It took me a little bit to figure out what you were talking about with the gen command. I found what I needed to do on the 3rd post of this thread. Here you go.

Code:

1 - Settings|Debug Level: 1
1 - Settings|Maximum Server Size: 32
1 - Settings|Enable Battlelog Requests: True
1 - Settings|Which Battlelog Stats: AllTime
1 - Settings|Maximum Request Rate: 10
1 - Settings|Wait Timeout: 30
1 - Settings|Unlimited Team Switching During First Minutes Of Round: 3
1 - Settings|Seconds Until Adaptive Speed Becomes Fast: 180
1 - Settings|Reassign New Players: True
1 - Settings|Enable Admin Kill For Fast Balance: False
1 - Settings|Enable In-Game Commands: True
1 - Settings|Enable Whitelisting Of Reserved Slots List: False
1 - Settings|Whitelist: 
1 - Settings|Friends List: %5b--+name%2c+tag%2c+or+EA_GUID+--%5d
1 - Settings|Disperse Evenly List: %5b--+name%2c+tag%2c+or+EA_GUID+--%5d
---------------------------------------------------------
2 - Exclusions|On Whitelist: False
2 - Exclusions|On Friends List: False
2 - Exclusions|Top Scorers: True
2 - Exclusions|Same Clan Tags In Squad: True
2 - Exclusions|Same Clan Tags In Team: False
2 - Exclusions|Same Clan Tags For Rank Dispersal: False
2 - Exclusions|Lenient Rank Dispersal: False
2 - Exclusions|Minutes After Joining: 5
2 - Exclusions|Minutes After Being Moved: 15
3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Early Phase: Ticket Percentage To Unstack (Low, Med, High population): 0, 120, 120
3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Mid Phase: Ticket Percentage To Unstack (Low, Med, High population): 0, 120, 120
3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Late Phase: Ticket Percentage To Unstack (Low, Med, High population): 0, 0, 0
3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Spelling Of Speed Names Reminder: Click_Here_For_Speed_Names
3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Early Phase: Balance Speed (Low, Med, High population): Fast, Adaptive, Adaptive
3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Mid Phase: Balance Speed (Low, Med, High population): Fast, Adaptive, Adaptive
3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Late Phase: Balance Speed (Low, Med, High population): Stop, Stop, Stop
4 - Scrambler|Only By Command: False
4 - Scrambler|Only On New Maps: False
4 - Scrambler|Only On Final Ticket Percentage >=: 120
4 - Scrambler|Scramble By: RoundScore
4 - Scrambler|Keep Squads Together: True
4 - Scrambler|Divide By: DispersalGroup
4 - Scrambler|Delay Seconds: 50
5 - Messages|Quiet Mode: False
5 - Messages|Yell Duration Seconds: 10
5 - Messages|Chat: Moved For Balance: *** MOVED %name% for balance ...
5 - Messages|Yell: Moved For Balance: Moved %name% for balance ...
5 - Messages|Chat: Moved To Unstack: *** MOVED %name% to unstack teams ...
5 - Messages|Yell: Moved To Unstack: Moved %name% to unstack teams ...
5 - Messages|Chat: Detected Bad Team Switch: %name%, you can't switch to team %fromTeam%: %reason%, sending you back ...
5 - Messages|Yell: Detected Bad Team Switch: You can't switch to the %fromTeam% team: %reason%, sending you back!
5 - Messages|Bad Because: Moved By Balancer: autobalance moved you to the %toTeam% team
5 - Messages|Bad Because: Winning Team: switching to the winning team is not allowed
5 - Messages|Bad Because: Biggest Team: switching to the biggest team is not allowed
5 - Messages|Bad Because: Rank: this server splits high rank players between teams
5 - Messages|Bad Because: Dispersal List: you're on the list of players to split between teams
5 - Messages|Bad Because: Clan: players with same clan tags are split up
5 - Messages|Chat: Detected Good Team Switch: %name%, thanks for helping out the %toTeam% team!
5 - Messages|Yell: Detected Good Team Switch: Thanks for helping out the %toTeam% team!
5 - Messages|Chat: After Unswitching: %name%, please stay on the %toTeam% team for the rest of this round
5 - Messages|Yell: After Unswitching: Please stay on the %toTeam% team for the rest of this round
5 - Messages|Teams Will Be Scrambled: *** Teams will be SCRAMBLED next round!
6 - Unswitcher|Forbid Switching After Autobalance: Always
6 - Unswitcher|Forbid Switching To Winning Team: Always
6 - Unswitcher|Forbid Switching To Biggest Team: Always
6 - Unswitcher|Forbid Switching After Dispersal: Always
6 - Unswitcher|Enable Immediate Unswitch: True
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Max Players: 32
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Check Team Stacking After First Minutes: 1
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Max Unstacking Swaps Per Round: 12
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Number Of Swaps Per Group: 2
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Delay Seconds Between Swap Groups: 300
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Max Unstacking Ticket Difference: 100
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Enable Unstacking By Player Stats: True
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Determine Strong Players By: RoundKPM
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong: 33
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Only Move Weak Players: False
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Disperse Evenly By Rank >=: 145
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Disperse Evenly By Clan Players >=: 0
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Enable Disperse Evenly List: False
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Enable Low Population Adjustments: True
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Definition Of High Population For Players >=: 24
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Definition Of Low Population For Players <=: 8
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Definition Of Early Phase As Tickets From Start: 100
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Definition Of Late Phase As Tickets From End: 75
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Enable Scrambler: False
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Enable Metro Adjustments: False
As for the;

Code:

That said, I suppose I could notice that if all three of Keep Squads Together, Keep Clan Tags In Same Team and Keep Friends In Same Team were False, I could lower the limit to 6 players. I'll add that to the wish list for a future version, but that won't help you now.
That would be nice. I don't know much about visual or what ever this system is written in, but actions like that is what I do all the time in my php scripts, where if it meets all 3 conditions that I predetermine, then it will allow or deny certain actions. It will benefit allot of those that run modes like we do that does not usually bring in the high volume of players to meet that quota to be able to use that system. Sorry if some of my ranting is a bit drifty, I am exhausted, I been coding a spam blocker system, well an upgrade to my original script.

but yeah, if you can help out with the settings, we would like to give them a go and try them and see if it works. Our big problem we have had is the stacking on one side, or let say the teams are 5 vs 3, and someone comes in, they have been put on the team with 5 to make the team 6 vs 3. Also, like to see if there is a way to juggle the teams up a bit at the end of each round.

Thanks for the reply. I took a look at that thread before I first posted over here, but most of the settings were for 64 slot servers or for high ticket count and what not. Nothing really what i was looking for.

It took me a little bit to figure out what you were talking about with the gen command. I found what I needed to do on the 3rd post of this thread. Here you go.

Code:

1 - Settings|Debug Level: 1
1 - Settings|Maximum Server Size: 32
1 - Settings|Enable Battlelog Requests: True
1 - Settings|Which Battlelog Stats: AllTime
1 - Settings|Maximum Request Rate: 10
1 - Settings|Wait Timeout: 30
1 - Settings|Unlimited Team Switching During First Minutes Of Round: 3
1 - Settings|Seconds Until Adaptive Speed Becomes Fast: 180
1 - Settings|Reassign New Players: True
1 - Settings|Enable Admin Kill For Fast Balance: False
1 - Settings|Enable In-Game Commands: True
1 - Settings|Enable Whitelisting Of Reserved Slots List: False
1 - Settings|Whitelist: 
1 - Settings|Friends List: %5b--+name%2c+tag%2c+or+EA_GUID+--%5d
1 - Settings|Disperse Evenly List: %5b--+name%2c+tag%2c+or+EA_GUID+--%5d
2 - Exclusions|On Whitelist: False
2 - Exclusions|On Friends List: False
2 - Exclusions|Top Scorers: True
2 - Exclusions|Same Clan Tags In Squad: True
2 - Exclusions|Same Clan Tags In Team: False
2 - Exclusions|Same Clan Tags For Rank Dispersal: False
2 - Exclusions|Lenient Rank Dispersal: False
2 - Exclusions|Minutes After Joining: 5
2 - Exclusions|Minutes After Being Moved: 15
3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Early Phase: Ticket Percentage To Unstack (Low, Med, High population): 0, 120, 120
3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Mid Phase: Ticket Percentage To Unstack (Low, Med, High population): 0, 120, 120
3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Late Phase: Ticket Percentage To Unstack (Low, Med, High population): 0, 0, 0
3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Spelling Of Speed Names Reminder: Click_Here_For_Speed_Names
3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Early Phase: Balance Speed (Low, Med, High population): Fast, Adaptive, Adaptive
3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Mid Phase: Balance Speed (Low, Med, High population): Fast, Adaptive, Adaptive
3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Late Phase: Balance Speed (Low, Med, High population): Stop, Stop, Stop
4 - Scrambler|Only By Command: False
4 - Scrambler|Only On New Maps: False
4 - Scrambler|Only On Final Ticket Percentage >=: 120
4 - Scrambler|Scramble By: RoundScore
4 - Scrambler|Keep Squads Together: True
4 - Scrambler|Divide By: DispersalGroup
4 - Scrambler|Delay Seconds: 50
5 - Messages|Quiet Mode: False
5 - Messages|Yell Duration Seconds: 10
5 - Messages|Chat: Moved For Balance: *** MOVED %name% for balance ...
5 - Messages|Yell: Moved For Balance: Moved %name% for balance ...
5 - Messages|Chat: Moved To Unstack: *** MOVED %name% to unstack teams ...
5 - Messages|Yell: Moved To Unstack: Moved %name% to unstack teams ...
5 - Messages|Chat: Detected Bad Team Switch: %name%, you can't switch to team %fromTeam%: %reason%, sending you back ...
5 - Messages|Yell: Detected Bad Team Switch: You can't switch to the %fromTeam% team: %reason%, sending you back!
5 - Messages|Bad Because: Moved By Balancer: autobalance moved you to the %toTeam% team
5 - Messages|Bad Because: Winning Team: switching to the winning team is not allowed
5 - Messages|Bad Because: Biggest Team: switching to the biggest team is not allowed
5 - Messages|Bad Because: Rank: this server splits high rank players between teams
5 - Messages|Bad Because: Dispersal List: you're on the list of players to split between teams
5 - Messages|Bad Because: Clan: players with same clan tags are split up
5 - Messages|Chat: Detected Good Team Switch: %name%, thanks for helping out the %toTeam% team!
5 - Messages|Yell: Detected Good Team Switch: Thanks for helping out the %toTeam% team!
5 - Messages|Chat: After Unswitching: %name%, please stay on the %toTeam% team for the rest of this round
5 - Messages|Yell: After Unswitching: Please stay on the %toTeam% team for the rest of this round
5 - Messages|Teams Will Be Scrambled: *** Teams will be SCRAMBLED next round!
6 - Unswitcher|Forbid Switching After Autobalance: Always
6 - Unswitcher|Forbid Switching To Winning Team: Always
6 - Unswitcher|Forbid Switching To Biggest Team: Always
6 - Unswitcher|Forbid Switching After Dispersal: Always
6 - Unswitcher|Enable Immediate Unswitch: True
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Max Players: 32
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Check Team Stacking After First Minutes: 1
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Max Unstacking Swaps Per Round: 12
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Number Of Swaps Per Group: 2
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Delay Seconds Between Swap Groups: 300
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Max Unstacking Ticket Difference: 100
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Enable Unstacking By Player Stats: True
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Determine Strong Players By: RoundKPM
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong: 33
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Only Move Weak Players: False
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Disperse Evenly By Rank >=: 145
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Disperse Evenly By Clan Players >=: 0
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Enable Disperse Evenly List: False
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Enable Low Population Adjustments: True
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Definition Of High Population For Players >=: 24
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Definition Of Low Population For Players <=: 8
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Definition Of Early Phase As Tickets From Start: 100
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Definition Of Late Phase As Tickets From End: 75
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Enable Scrambler: False
8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Enable Metro Adjustments: False
As for the;

Code:

That would be nice. I don't know much about visual or what ever this system is written in, but actions like that is what I do all the time in my php scripts, where if it meets all 3 conditions that I predetermine, then it will allow or deny certain actions. It will benefit allot of those that run modes like we do that does not usually bring in the high volume of players to meet that quota to be able to use that system. Sorry if some of my ranting is a bit drifty, I am exhausted, I been coding a spam blocker system, well an upgrade to my original script.

but yeah, if you can help out with the settings, we would like to give them a go and try them and see if it works. Our big problem we have had is the stacking on one side, or let say the teams are 5 vs 3, and someone comes in, they have been put on the team with 5 to make the team 6 vs 3. Also, like to see if there is a way to juggle the teams up a bit at the end of each round.

Overall, they look pretty good. You should make sure to disable Unstacking (set Enable Unstacking to False).

Since you generally have less than 16 players, having Enable Low Population Adjustments set to True is a good idea. That said, yo probably ought to set Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong back to 50. For example, you've got 10 players total, say 6 vs 4 and the team of 4 is losing. What MB wants to do is move a strong player from the team of 6 to the team of 4, but you've said only the top 33% of teams are considered strong, so that's reduces your pool of eligible players to 2. Then you also have the Top Scorers exclusion enabled, which knocks out the very top player (for this total), leaving only 1 player of the 6 who could be moved. If that player doesn't die for a long time, your server will stay unbalanced for that long time.

That's assuming you leave MB in the default mode of only moving dead players. You might consider setting Enable Admin Kill For Fast Balance to True, bypassing most of your other settings and forcing teams to be balanced with judicious use of admin kills. The downside of this is that it is all or nothing and ignores total number of players. If you server fills up to say 30 players, 16 v 14, someone on the team of 16 is going to be admin killed immediately, while the normal MB wait-until-dead probably would have balanced soon enough without the admin kill, since the pools of eligible players are larger.

Seems to be working a little better, we just need to now find a way to shuffle teams up a bit on next round. But other than that, seems to do the job. I did not do the admin kill set up just because I know some people would get pissed at that.

One other thing I forgot to suggest: you could change all balancing speeds that are Adaptive to Fast, in Section 3, for Low population and maybe even Mid population. Then MB won't look strictly for strong players to move to the losing team, it will take anyone who dies. Indeed, Fast speed ignores most of your exclusions.

Your section 3 speeds could be something like:

Fast, Fast, Adaptive

Fast, Fast, Adaptive

Stop, Stop, Stop

You can then adjust your low/high population settings in section 8. You currently have 8 for low and 24 for high, so using the speeds above that means that from 0 to 8 you would have Fast speed and from 9 to 24 you'd also have Fast speed.

Alternatively, you could bump up Low to be 16 and leave High at 24, then adjust your Section 3 to:

Fast, Adaptive, Adaptive

Fast, Adaptive, Adaptive

Stop, Stop, Stop

Then 0 to 16 would go Fast, and 17 to 32 would be Adaptive.

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

Considering the issues with events surrounding detecting the difference between player move and admin move, can there be a way for external plugins to act as admin and tell multibalancer to move someone? If it is done this way there would be no mistake the move is from an admin, and the external plugin or admin would not need to move them manually, multibalancer could handle it. Discuss.

Considering the issues with events surrounding detecting the difference between player move and admin move, can there be a way for external plugins to act as admin and tell multibalancer to move someone? If it is done this way there would be no mistake the move is from an admin, and the external plugin or admin would not need to move them manually, multibalancer could handle it. Discuss.

Sure. Go ahead and add that suggestion to the GitHub issue.

An alternative way to do it is to have MB flag the player as "hands off, someone else is controlling this player". Kind of like a per-round temporary whitelist.

Ultimately, though, if there is a bug in admin move detection, I want to fix it. It's tricky to get right, but not impossible.

Well, its been a little over a week, and everything seems to be fine for the most part, had some matches where teams were stacked with a few high tier players on one team and on the other had a bunch of rank 20 and below and score difference was about 200+. But besides that, which happened a few times, everything else has been working okay. I hate to turn on that admin kick if possible, but it may be something that will need to have to be done.

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

I'm building a buff command with a targeted team, but i need suggestions on the logic. Basically admin intervention for imbalance on teams, but using the internal logic of the autobalancer to help it. Keeping teams even for count it would move x good players to the losing team, and x bad players to the better team, x being determined by the severity of the imbalance. Would you be able to write logic to return those suggested players, based on the logic/timeouts/etc that the MB uses?

I'm building a buff command with a targeted team, but i need suggestions on the logic. Basically admin intervention for imbalance on teams, but using the internal logic of the autobalancer to help it. Keeping teams even for count it would move x good players to the losing team, and x bad players to the better team, x being determined by the severity of the imbalance. Would you be able to write logic to return those suggested players, based on the logic/timeouts/etc that the MB uses?

That's what the unstacking code does. You can just copy that code, it's in the lower half of the BalanaceAndUnstack function. Starts at:

Code:

/* Unstack */
At a high level: keeping in mind that everything is driven by individual OnPlayerKilled events, it's a state machine. Each state represents one move. Transitioning to the next state is triggered by an OnPlayerKilled event. Teams are sorted by the setting for definition of Strong. After applying exclusions and exemptions, a player is selected from a source team (either strong from winning or weak from losing) and moved to a destination team for each state. That's it, basically.

Originally Posted by trans-am*:

Is is possible to include / in the command?

/@mb scramble on

/@mb scramble off

/@mb scramble

/@mb help

Reason is that, i don't want people to know who the admin are

Originally Posted by aduh*:

Hi Papa,

Could you please check our settings and let me know what we should change/correct to MB work better ?

We have 32 slots server with 5 TDM maps (350 tickets) & 1 CQ Small (Metro) map (157 tickets).

Sometimes we notice that there are 2,3 players more in a team and MB is not reacting.

Our settings:

9uDuXiH.png

Xh9uVL7.png

OLcfZ5G.png

FpXtxbv.png

w5ldKs1.png

We want to have balanced server with balanced players by KDR in a round (balanced teams by players KDR in a round - active balancing & scrambling).

Thank you

Originally Posted by FISHBONE89*:

I need your help guys!

My server is 64-player RUSH only with only vanilla maps and 250 tickets.

This is my settings:

Posted Image

The problem is that always after loading a new map (the scrambler) is created full squads of single and double players.

How to change to the scrambler was created fewer squads but with more players?

Is is possible to include / in the command?

/@mb scramble on

/@mb scramble off

/@mb scramble

/@mb help

Reason is that, i don't want people to know who the admin are

Have you tried it? If the / is stripped off before the plugin sees it, it should work. If not, I'll have to change the plugin.

Hi Papa,

Could you please check our settings and let me know what we should change/correct to MB work better ?

We have 32 slots server with 5 TDM maps (350 tickets) & 1 CQ Small (Metro) map (157 tickets).

Sometimes we notice that there are 2,3 players more in a team and MB is not reacting.

Our settings:

9uDuXiH.png

Xh9uVL7.png

OLcfZ5G.png

FpXtxbv.png

w5ldKs1.png

We want to have balanced server with balanced players by KDR in a round (balanced teams by players KDR in a round - active balancing & scrambling).

Thank you

Your settings look good. Change Debug Level to 4 and you'll be able to see in the plugin.log when the plugin tries to balance and when it doesn't. If it decides not to balance, it will log the reason why. Usually it is because of this:

Code:

[20:10:02 90] [MULTIbalancer]:4 Update waiting for paulofdutra to be assigned a team
If you see lines like that when the team difference is 2 or 3, it is because the plugin is waiting for that player to join. There is no sense in moving an old player if a new player can be used to balance teams, but sometimes it takes a minute or two for a joining player to get into the server.

I need your help guys!

My server is 64-player RUSH only with only vanilla maps and 250 tickets.

This is my settings:

Posted Image

The problem is that always after loading a new map (the scrambler) is created full squads of single and double players.

How to change to the scrambler was created fewer squads but with more players?

Well, that may be a bug in the plugin. I don't think I ever tested the combination of Keep Squads Together set to False, but Keep Clan Tags In Same Team set to True.

If you set Keep Squads Together to True, that should result in normal sized squads.

@papachalie9: it is not working

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

All right, then add an issue to the wish list here:

https://github.com/PapaCharlie9/mult...ues_state=open

I don't know when, if ever, I'll have a chance to fix it.

If you don't want to wait, open MULTIbalancer.cs in Notepad, find THREE lines of code that match this exactly:

Code:

if (Regex.Match(message, @"^\s*[!@#]mb", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Success) {
They will be in functions OnGlobalChat, OnTeamChat and OnSquadChat.

Change them all to this:

Code:

if (Regex.Match(message, @"^\s*/_[!@#]mb", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Success) {
The part in red is the part that is new.

Save the file and restart your layer and/or local client. If you are using a layer with only FTP access, make the change locally and ftp it up to your layer host, just like normally installing a new plugin.

EDIT: Nevermind, that won't work. There is much more code that has to change, too much for you to do by yourself.

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

@PC9,

The fast balancer is still not working for me. Again my server got into a 4 vs 1 situation. It didnt fast balance anyone.

Fastbalance by newest

No white or friend lists

Exclusions only topscores

Minutes after joined/moved 0

early fast,fast,fast

mid fast,fast,fast

late fast,fast,fast

Problem is that true balancer is doing this balancing just perfect, as soon as there is a difference of x players, it will show a message that it will balance some one, and it will do that. Only i prefer MB because i get much tighter games... So im stuck atm

I would love to see a message for the fast balance so also the players will see that the balancer will fix things, and that it actual fast balance some 1.

What am i doing wrong here.,.,

@PC9,

The fast balancer is still not working for me. Again my server got into a 4 vs 1 situation. It didnt fast balance anyone.

Fastbalance by newest

No white or friend lists

Exclusions only topscores

Minutes after joined/moved 0

early fast,fast,fast

mid fast,fast,fast

late fast,fast,fast

Problem is that true balancer is doing this balancing just perfect, as soon as there is a difference of x players, it will show a message that it will balance some one, and it will do that. Only i prefer MB because i get much tighter games... So im stuck atm

I would love to see a message for the fast balance so also the players will see that the balancer will fix things, and that it actual fast balance some 1.

What am i doing wrong here.,.,

Do you literally mean there were only 5 players in the server: 4 v 1? That would mean the adjustments for low population would be needed. What is your per-mode Definition Of Low Population For Players?

What does "Fastbalance by newest" mean? I don't recognize that setting.

You should have, in Section 1:

Reassign New Players: False

Enabled Admin Kill For Fast Balance: True

HINT: If you have enabled Admin Kill, if anyone types anything into global (all teams) chat, teams will be forced into balance. If you are playing on the server and you see 4 v 1, type anything into chat and someone on the team of 4 will get admin killed and moved to the other team.

and in your per-mode Section 8 settings, have:

Enable Low Population Adjustments: True

and also make sure your Percent Of Top Of Team: is 50.

After confirming all that, set Debug Level to 4 and if that situation happens again, watch the plugin.log live. MB will tell you exactly why it is making decisions to move or not to move. That will help identify why it is not moving anyone in a 4 v 1 situation.

As for sending messages to players, what do you suggest? Keep in mind that MB examines every OnPlayerKilled event. On a full server, those can happen as frequently as one a second, or even faster. I could add code that sends an "Autobalancing ..." message on every OnPlayerKilled event when the difference between teams is 2 or greater (e.g., 10 v 12), but that would be a lot of spam. You would potentially see "Autobalancing ..." spammed every second.

To slow it down and space it out would require some kind of logic, but what would that logic be based on? Time? If a message has been sent in the last X seconds, don't send another message? Where you get to set X?

Alternatively, I could do it on every OnListPlayers event, which is how TrueBalancer does it. That can still get a bit spammy, since those can happen back to back within a couple of seconds, but it wouldn't be as spammy as every OnPlayerKilled.

But there is an even greater problem. Even if I add a feature to send "Autobalancing ..." messages, it can take a long time for balance to be achieved, due to conflicting settings. That will just cause rage. "Autobalancer sucks!" in chat, and such. Sending those messages makes players aware of how long it is taking to balance teams, which isn't necessarily the fault of the plugin. That seems counterproductive to me.

What I would rather do is not allow a 4 v 1 situation to last longer than the number of seconds specified in the Seconds Until Adaptive Speed Becomes Fast. That's the plugin's grace period. There's no need to send messages if teams are always forced to be balanced within that time limit.

Originally Posted by FISHBONE89*:

@sm scramble on - command doesn't work

It is a info about scramble in next round but nothing is happend.

I typed this command during 1st round then it sohlud be scramble before 2nd round.

@sm scramble on - command doesn't work

It is a info about scramble in next round but nothing is happend.

I typed this command during 1st round then it sohlud be scramble before 2nd round.

Did you type @sm or @mb?

After you typed @mb scramble on, did you see this message in response?

Teams WILL be scrambled at end of round

Were there at least 16 players in the server at the end of the round?

In case anyone was wondering, I won't have time to add support for Chain Link until this weekend.

Can someone post a link describing the mode? Is balancing even relevant in Chain Link. Balancing was not relevant in Gun Master, so if Chain Link is similar, let me know so I can save some effort.