MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

In case anyone was wondering, I won't have time to add support for Chain Link until this weekend.

Can someone post a link describing the mode? Is balancing even relevant in Chain Link. Balancing was not relevant in Gun Master, so if Chain Link is similar, let me know so I can save some effort.

Chain Link is kind of a Conquest / Domination variant. So you could use that balancing method I guess.

Both teams need to capture flags, but those flags need to be 'Chained' together starting from their main base.

You don't stop the ticket drain with just having more flags than the enemy team.

(If I understood that correctly)

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

Chain Link is kind of a Conquest / Domination variant. So you could use that balancing method I guess.

Both teams need to capture flags, but those flags need to be 'Chained' together starting from their main base.

You don't stop the ticket drain with just having more flags than the enemy team.

(If I understood that correctly)

Thanks. In that case, after a restart of Procon, MULTIbalancer should have an Unknown or New Mode area in Section 8 that should work just fine for now. Use that for Chain Link.

Originally Posted by FISHBONE89*:

Did you type @sm or @mb?

After you typed @mb scramble on, did you see this message in response?

Teams WILL be scrambled at end of round

Were there at least 16 players in the server at the end of the round?

Sorry, I type @mb scramble on and i I see a message Teams WILL be scrambled at end of round.

The server was almost full (64-players). I tested it a few times and is only a message but without scramble.

Sorry, I type @mb scramble on and i I see a message Teams WILL be scrambled at end of round.

The server was almost full (64-players). I tested it a few times and is only a message but without scramble.

I think you found a bug in MULTIbalancer. I've filed an issue for it:

https://github.com/PapaCharlie9/mult...ncer/issues/80

If I have time this weekend, I have to do an update for DT anyway, so I'll fix this then also.

Originally Posted by BriDawg*:

Would it be possible, since it appears the battlelog cache is not going to be updated, to make this plugin check battlelog for clan tag only, then, use the mySQL database and check the Chat/Guid/Stats/Map logger for player stats to do the unstacking/adjustments?

A useful convenience would be the ability to integrate a enable scrambler via Procon, I used this feature in the plugin True Balancer and was very useful.

I don't understand what you are asking for.

There are already multiple ways to enable scrambles via Procon:

1) With Procon plugin settings for MULTIbalancer

2) With in-game chat command @mb scramble on

3) With another plugin calling the public function UpdatePluginData with "SetScrambleByCommand"

Would it be possible, since it appears the battlelog cache is not going to be updated, to make this plugin check battlelog for clan tag only, then, use the mySQL database and check the Chat/Guid/Stats/Map logger for player stats to do the unstacking/adjustments?

Yes, that is possible. No, I'm not willing to do that much work. It would be far less work to fix BattlelogCache, but that is still hard to do. And no, I'm not planning to fix BattlelogCache either.

FAN FAVORITE UPDATE 1.1.3.0

Dragon's Teeth - Chain Link update for MULTIbalancer has been posted. Please see post #2 for details:

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-30-mar-2015-bfhl#entry33580

There are also several fan favorite changes in this update, like adding a chat/yell message to let players know that teams will be balanced, simplifying settings by reducing the number of visible settings, and reducing the minimum number of players needed to scramble in some cases. Please see post #2 for additional new features and changes.

I don't understand what you are asking for.

I mean the option to be able to turn on the scrambler via Procon, not being in the game. Like is in TrueBalancer plugin:

tb.jpg

EDIT:

*1* Fixed @mb scramble on command not working (NOT TESTED)

*2* Fixed support for / before @mb commands to make them silent (NOT TESTED)

1. The first point does not work. When type "@mb scramble on" nothing happens, no shows. When type only "@mb scramble" is a log "[21:02:47 70] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] FISHBONE89> Only By Command setting is False, in-game admin command is disabled".

2. The second point works.

Disappeared half of the settings in Section 8 Rush...

I mean the option to be able to turn on the scrambler via Procon, not being in the game. Like is in TrueBalancer plugin:

Attachment 3472

EDIT:

1. The first point does not work. When type "@mb scramble on" nothing happens, no shows. When type only "@mb scramble" is a log "[21:02:47 70] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] FISHBONE89> Only By Command setting is False, in-game admin command is disabled".

2. The second point works.

Disappeared half of the settings in Section 8 Rush...

There is an undocumented command that I use for testing that you can try as a way to cause a scramble to happen from Procon. I do not support this command and it may change at any time, so don't ask me to help you with it or fix it. If you type test @mb scramble on into Show Command In Log, it should work the same way as typing the command into chat in-game.

The @mb scramble on command works only if you set Enable In-Game Commands to True AND you set Only By Command to True AND you are an admin with a Procon account that has at least the permission to move players. Please read the documentation in post #1 and in post #2, Version 1.1.2.0 notes.

Half of the settings being hidden for Rush is correct and intended. Please see the notes for Version 1.1.3.0 where this is explained.

The @mb scramble on command works only if you set Enable In-Game Commands to True AND you are an admin with a Procon account that has at least the permission to move players.

I have FULL RCon Access and FULL Local Access. Enable In-Game Commands is enabled, others command like @mb help, @mb help scramble works BUT when you type @mb scramble is info: "Only By Command setting is False, in-game admin command is disabled" and when you type @mb scramble on then no reaction.

If you do not believe me then I invite you to the server, I'll give you admin rights and full access Procon and you will see ...

I have FULL RCon Access and FULL Local Access. Enable In-Game Commands is enabled, others command like @mb help, @mb help scramble works BUT when you type @mb scramble is info: "Only By Command setting is False, in-game admin command is disabled" and when you type @mb scramble on then no reaction.

If you do not believe me then I invite you to the server, I'll give you admin rights and full access Procon and you will see ...

Do you have Only By Command set to True or False? Please read post #1842 again, I made some changes to it.

Only By Command is set to False

P.S. I sent you a message with data access to Procon.

That is why it doesn't work. It has to be set to True. That is what the log message it telling you.

At an earlier version showed the correct messages despite Only By Command in on False.

I want to scramble it was always before the new map and be able to activate after the first round

AI want to scramble it was always before the new map and be able to activate after the first round

I see. That's reasonable, but not currently available. I'll have to add it to the wish list for the next update.

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

Thnx PC9 for the update!! I have found 1 bug if you can call it like that :cool: . If you have unstack to false, you still can see the unstack settings in section 3 round phase and population settings!

Originally Posted by aduh*:

Your settings look good. Change Debug Level to 4 and you'll be able to see in the plugin.log when the plugin tries to balance and when it doesn't. If it decides not to balance, it will log the reason why. Usually it is because of this:

Code:

[20:10:02 90] [MULTIbalancer]:4 Update waiting for paulofdutra to be assigned a team
If you see lines like that when the team difference is 2 or 3, it is because the plugin is waiting for that player to join. There is no sense in moving an old player if a new player can be used to balance teams, but sometimes it takes a minute or two for a joining player to get into the server.
Hey Papa,

Its a little bit annoying. For example yesterday there was 14 players in US and 7 players in RU for like a minute or two.

It's to long. Is there anyway to speed it up ? I mean we want to plugin balance teams all the time no matter what and keep teams balanced all the time ...

Thnx PC9 for the update!! I have found 1 bug if you can call it like that :cool: . If you have unstack to false, you still can see the unstack settings in section 3 round phase and population settings!

Yes, I realized that after I pushed the update. I didn't think it was worth a quick turn, so I'll catch it in the next major update.

Hey Papa,

Its a little bit annoying. For example yesterday there was 14 players in US and 7 players in RU for like a minute or two.

It's to long. Is there anyway to speed it up ? I mean we want to plugin balance teams all the time no matter what and keep teams balanced all the time ...

Set Enable Admin Kill For Fast Balance to True. With that setting your teams should never be more than 2 apart, like 12 vs 10, but if it goes to 12 v 9, someone on the 12 team will be instantly admin killed and moved.

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

Well, i also got the same problem that the teams went to 3 vs 1. The guy wasking asking for a balance, but MB said it needed atleast 5 for fast balance by admin kill..

For this situations i realy like True balander, because as soon as you get this situations, it will make the teams even regardless of what..

For now because i know the player that was on his own in that team but otherwise my server got empty again becoz the player would left

Originally Posted by HAWKSTA24*:

I have two questions. What are the best settings for my server so that both sides will just be balanced by player count for CQ small? Does anyone have some good settings for multibalancer so it will work well with the "balance server seeder" plugin?

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

Can we add a cancel case to the even dispersion list based on ticket difference in conquest? For example, we've had cases where MVP players on the losing team were getting moved to the winning team because of that list. Just a case where it will not move players based on that list to the winning team if the ticket difference is > X.

Well, i also got the same problem that the teams went to 3 vs 1. The guy wasking asking for a balance, but MB said it needed atleast 5 for fast balance by admin kill..

For this situations i realy like True balander, because as soon as you get this situations, it will make the teams even regardless of what..

For now because i know the player that was on his own in that team but otherwise my server got empty again becoz the player would left

That's correct, features like balancing and scrambling have minimum player population requirements. While 3 v 1 may cause players to leave, so will admin killing a player and forcing them to move to the other team sometimes. What if the other 2 players on the team of 3 are his friends? There's no guarantee either way.

I have two questions. What are the best settings for my server so that both sides will just be balanced by player count for CQ small? Does anyone have some good settings for multibalancer so it will work well with the "balance server seeder" plugin?

Please see the FAQ for simple setup for balancing:

page1/index.html*

There's no solution for balancing seed players with MB at this time. It's on the wish list.

Can we add a cancel case to the even dispersion list based on ticket difference in conquest? For example, we've had cases where MVP players on the losing team were getting moved to the winning team because of that list. Just a case where it will not move players based on that list to the winning team if the ticket difference is > X.

That's are reasonable request. You know where to add it.

Have you tried the new disable unswitcher API yet? I'm curious to know if it works for you.

Originally Posted by HAWKSTA24*:

Please see the FAQ for simple setup for balancing:

page1/index.html*

There's no solution for balancing seed players with MB at this time. It's on the wish list.

I figured out the appropriate settings for team balancing but is anyone using this balancer in conjunction with the server seeder plugin?

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

That's are reasonable request. You know where to add it.

Have you tried the new disable unswitcher API yet? I'm curious to know if it works for you.

I have not tried it yet, i'll attempt it this weekend.