Insane Limits: BF4 !lead command, take squad lead position

ImportBot

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

Another question: A limit to take the squad leader role, so f.eks @(!)lead would make you a squad leader of the current squad you are in.

To do this in the console, you have to type "squad.leader 1 1 PlayerName" where 1 1 is team/squad number.

Is this possible? :smile:

Is it possible to do @lead PlayerName, so you can assign squad leader to a player in your squad?

So @lead would assign yourself, and @lead PlayerName another player. :smile:

EDIT: I also added the !lead PlayerName support to this version. The player typing in the command (Admin) is checked against the custom list (name and/or tag), and if there is a match, the squad that PlayerName is in (not necessarily the same squad as Admin) is changed so that PlayerName is the squad leader for that squad. This works regardless of which team Admin or PlayerName are in. For example, say Admin is in US Alpha and ProBoy is in RU Bravo but not its squad leader. If Admin types !lead ProBoy, ProBoy will become squad leader of RU Bravo. PlayerName must be a case insensitive substring of an actual player's name, or the command will report an error and do nothing. If more than one name matches, the command will report an error and do nothing. For example, if the actual player's name is ProBoy and the command used is !lead pro, as long as no other name has "pro" in it, ProBoy will be selected. If both ProBoy and killerpro are in the game, the command will report: "Multiple matches, try again: ProBoy, killerpro". You have to use a longer substring or the full name to match ProBoy.

Create a new list, Enabled, name it admins, set CaseSensitive, fill in with a comma separated list of player names OR clan tags.

Create a limit to evaluate OnAnyChat, name it "Admin List Take Squad Lead", leave Action set to None.

Set first_check to this Code:

Code:

/* R4 */
bool isSelf = true;
Match selfie = Regex.Match(player.LastChat, @"^\s*[@!]lead");
Match other = Regex.Match(player.LastChat, @"^\s*[@!]lead\s+([^\s]+)");
PlayerInfoInterface target = null;
if (other.Success) {
    List<PlayerInfoInterface> all = new List<PlayerInfoInterface>();
    all.AddRange(team1.players);
    all.AddRange(team2.players);
    String pattern = other.Groups[1].Value;
    if (String.IsNullOrEmpty(pattern)) return false;
    List<PlayerInfoInterface> matches = new List<PlayerInfoInterface>();
    foreach (PlayerInfoInterface p in all) {
        if (Regex.Match(p.Name, pattern, RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Success) {
            matches.Add(p);
        }
    }
    if (matches.Count == 0) {
        plugin.SendPlayerMessage(player.Name, "No player name matches: " + pattern);
        return false;
    } else if (matches.Count > 1) {
        List<String> names = new List<String>();
        foreach (PlayerInfoInterface m in matches) {
            names.Add(m.Name);
        }
        String tmp = String.Join(", ", names.ToArray());
        if (tmp.Length > 90) tmp = tmp.Substring(0,90);
        plugin.SendPlayerMessage(player.Name, "Multiple matches, try again: " + tmp + "...");
        return false;
    }
    target = matches[0];
    isSelf = false;
} else if (selfie.Success) {
    target = player;
} else {
    return false;
}

if (plugin.isInList(player.Name, "admins") || plugin.isInList(player.Tag, "admins")) {

plugin.ServerCommand("squad.leader", target.TeamId.ToString(), target.SquadId.ToString(), target.Name);

String[] SQUAD_NAMES = new String[] { "None",
      "Alpha", "Bravo", "Charlie", "Delta", "Echo", "Foxtrot", "Golf", "Hotel",
      "India", "Juliet", "Kilo", "Lima", "Mike", "November", "Oscar", "Papa",
      "Quebec", "Romeo", "Sierra", "Tango", "Uniform", "Victor", "Whiskey", "Xray",
      "Yankee", "Zulu", "Haggard", "Sweetwater", "Preston", "Redford", "Faith", "Celeste"
    };
    String msg = target.Name + " is now squad leader of " + SQUAD_NAMES[target.SquadId] + " squad";
    plugin.ConsoleWrite(msg);
    plugin.SendPlayerMessage(player.Name, msg);
    if (!isSelf) plugin.SendPlayerMessage(target.Name, msg);
} else {
    plugin.SendPlayerMessage(player.Name, "You don't have permission to use the " + player.LastChat + " command");
}
return false;
A variation that uses Procon accounts instead of a custom list is in post #3.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by TMiland*:

Thank you for this Papa!

The previous squad leader will just become a squad member, and the procon accounts is okay, maybe add an option to choose from a list of "admins" maybe, have seen that in other limits. :smile:

I just got another idea, to expand this limit. What about when you're done leading the squad?

Is it possible to do @lead PlayerName, so you can assign squad leader to a player in your squad?

So @lead would assign yourself, and @lead PlayerName another player. :smile:

This version uses Procon accounts instead of a custom list.

I'll assume only players with a Procon account that have privileges to move players.

Create a limit to evaluate OnAnyChat, call it "Take Squad Lead", leave Action set to None.

Set first_check to this Code:

Code:

bool isSelf = true;
if (other.Success) {
            matches.Add(p);
        }
    }
        return false;
            names.Add(m.Name);
        }
        plugin.SendPlayerMessage(player.Name, "Multiple matches, try again: " + tmp + "...");
        return false;
    }
    target = matches[0];
    isSelf = false;
    target = player;
} else {
    return false;
}

bool canKill = false;
bool canKick = false;
bool canBan = false;
bool canMove = false;
bool canChangeLevel = false;

if (plugin.CheckAccount(player.Name, out canKill, out canKick, out canBan, out canMove, out canChangeLevel) && canMove) {
    plugin.ServerCommand("squad.leader", target.TeamId.ToString(), target.SquadId.ToString(), target.Name);

"Yankee", "Zulu", "Haggard", "Sweetwater", "Preston", "Redford", "Faith", "Celeste"
    };
    String msg = target.Name + " is now squad leader of " + SQUAD_NAMES[target.SquadId] + " squad";
} else {
    plugin.SendPlayerMessage(player.Name, "You don't have permission to use the " + player.LastChat + " command");
}
return false;

What if the player is in a different squad? Or a different team? What should happen?

I was talking about one of the players already in your squad. :ohmy:

If not in your squad, do nothing.

Thanks for the updated code! This is really good! :smile:

Originally Posted by jking54*:

Boy, I'm really loving this concept since there have been so many times it irritates the hell out of me when squad leaders do not issue any orders and we are a team play oriented server. So, with this we have a total of two limits then?

what is the exact command again for this?

Boy, I'm really loving this concept since there have been so many times it irritates the hell out of me when squad leaders do not issue any orders and we are a team play oriented server. So, with this we have a total of two limits then?

what is the exact command again for this?

There is really just one limit, but two different. One that uses the procon accounts, and one that uses a list of "admins" as access to the command "@(!)lead". :smile:

You would want to use the "admins" list, if you use other admin tools like AdKats webadmin, where only you have an account in procon. At least that's how i do it. :smile:

So when you are in the squad you want to lead, type @lead or !lead, and you will be assigned as squad leader in the current squad. :biggrin:

Originally Posted by Ralphvd*:

!lead Playername gives me still lead to myself. Is it working for you?

Great idea, have too many times leaving squad and still not the member that wants lead, is the squad leader -.-.

There is really just one limit, but two different. One that uses the procon accounts, and one that uses a list of "admins" as access to the command "@(!)lead". :smile:

You would want to use the "admins" list, if you use other admin tools like AdKats webadmin, where only you have an account in procon. At least that's how i do it. :smile:

So when you are in the squad you want to lead, type @lead or !lead, and you will be assigned as squad leader in the current squad. :biggrin:

TMiland, thanks a bunch, I'm still a Regex n00b :smile:

!lead Playername gives me still lead to myself. Is it working for you?

Great idea, have too many times leaving squad and still not the member that wants lead, is the squad leader -.-.

Not sure if he implemented the "!lead PlayerName", but at least you can assign your self as SL. :smile:

TMiland, thanks a bunch, I'm still a Regex n00b :smile:

No problem, thank Papa for the code! :biggrin:

Originally Posted by Tomgun*:

heres a question, does the game report squad leader points gained. What Im thinking is if say the squad leader does not get any squad leader points in say a period of 60 seconds it will chose someone else in the squad.

Also does any of these stop you if the person who is squad leader is wearing the same tags as you?

and

Could this be edited so anybody in the server can do it and it will check the squad leaders squad score on battlelog, if the ratio is worked out and your squad score is higher divided by how long you have been playing compare to their ratio then this shows your a better squad leader and it will change you automatically or if you try to do it manually it will either let you or not let you depending on the outcome. A whitelist could stop this aswell.

btw great idea on this :ohmy:

Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT)*:

heres a question, does the game report squad leader points gained. What Im thinking is if say the squad leader does not get any squad leader points in say a period of 60 seconds it will chose someone else in the squad.

Not possible. SL score is not reported separately.

Yes it is: Posted Image

*Edit

MorpheusX is right, squad score is not SL score. :P

Also does any of these stop you if the person who is squad leader is wearing the same tags as you?

Not with the current code no, but i see it all the time, players with the same tag don't do anything as SL.

Could this be edited so anybody in the server can do it and it will check the squad leaders squad score on battlelog, if the ratio is worked out and your squad score is higher divided by how long you have been playing compare to their ratio then this shows your a better squad leader and it will change you automatically or if you try to do it manually it will either let you or not let you depending on the outcome. A whitelist could stop this aswell.

Everything is possible i guess, but that's up to Papa to decide if he wants to expand this code any further. :smile:

btw great idea on this :ohmy:

The idea came from a discussion in the AdKats thread. :smile:

Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT)*:

Yes it is: Posted Image

Squad score might be displayed separately in Battlelog, however the GAME doesn't report it separately (everything is just "score"). Since that was what Tomgun asked (and Battlelog doesn't update this value every 60 seconds like he suggested), you definitely CANNOT add a mechanism that checks for "SL inactivity" by checking the SL score every 60 seconds. Conclusion: no, it's not reported separately in a way that's usable for this case (I did just quote the part about the ingame-check, not the last paragraph).

Guys, pick a version, Procon account or admin list, and I'll modify that one to enable !lead PlayerName. I don't want to do it for both, too much busywork. Someone else can do the merge to produce the other version, it should be completely mechanical.

Guys, pick a version, Procon account or admin list, and I'll modify that one to enable !lead PlayerName. I don't want to do it for both, too much busywork. Someone else can do the merge to produce the other version, it should be completely mechanical.

I vote admin list

Squad score might be displayed separately in Battlelog, however the GAME doesn't report it separately (everything is just "score"). Since that was what Tomgun asked (and Battlelog doesn't update this value every 60 seconds like he suggested), you definitely CANNOT add a mechanism that checks for "SL inactivity" by checking the SL score every 60 seconds. Conclusion: no, it's not reported separately in a way that's usable for this case (I did just quote the part about the ingame-check, not the last paragraph).

That's great! I am currently using the admin list version, i vote for that one. :smile:

thanks for the replies guys, I think having both options like it is is fine btw, im currently using the procon accounts version but if its abused will use the admin version, keep them both as an option :smile:

Originally Posted by Ralphvd*:

I vote for admin list too.

Done, post #3 updated. Make sure you read the rather long paragraph of rules and regulations. This is significantly more complicated now with lots of ways to do the wrong thing. Someone should test this thoroughly before trusting it.

EDIT: After you guys have tested it and are sure it works okay, I'll swap post #3 for post #1 and the admin list variant will become the official one. The Procon accounts variant will still be available as post #3 and if someone does the mechanical merge, it will also have the PlayerName feature.

its not ment for you to give squad leader position away, but then might be helpful if it could, could this be written in to the code?

say if you just type !lead it gives you the sl position but if you type a member of your squad after it to give it to them and you dont have to be sl to do that, that would be real handy when in the heat of the battle and you gotta go take a dump, quickly give it to someone and then take it back when ya all done :P

also is the admin list version look at full names or can you just put clan tags in there?

still think this is a genius idea, can believe no one ever thought of it before :biggrin:

its not ment for you to give squad leader position away, but then might be helpful if it could, could this be written in to the code?

say if you just type !lead it gives you the sl position but if you type a member of your squad after it to give it to them and you dont have to be sl to do that, that would be real handy when in the heat of the battle and you gotta go take a dump, quickly give it to someone and then take it back when ya all done :P

also is the admin list version look at full names or can you just put clan tags in there?

still think this is a genius idea, can believe no one ever thought of it before :biggrin:

Take a look at this post: myrcon.net/...insane-limits-bf4-lead-command-take-squad-lead-position#entry48976

My second idea was just that, give someone else SL when you are done SL'ing. :ohmy:

Hmm, okay, i entered a squad, and wrote !lead, that made me the SL, now, when i wrote !lead PlayerName (previous SL)

See image: Posted Image

Is this supposed to happen? :P

Oops, my bad. I made a mistake in the order of the command processing. Try R4, post #3, that should fix it.

See, I told you all testing was needed!

I don't see how that is different from the !lead PlayerName version? Am I missing something?

If you had said it had to be the sl that typed the command, I would understand, but you said anyone, which is what !lead PlayerName is, as long as anyone is an admin.

BTW, it's not currently possible to determine who is the current squad leader with Insane Limits, so you couldn't make the command also available to squad leaders, even if they are not admins. That would be nice, but not currently possible.

Of course, all the player has to do is switch to an empty squad then rejoin the original squad, right?

I'm pretty sure it says name or tags in the instructions. :smile:

Oops, my bad. I made a mistake in the order of the command processing. Try R4, post #3, that should fix it.

See, I told you all testing was needed!

I trust you! :biggrin:

I'll test it tomorrow, and let you know what the results are. :smile:

Originally Posted by wihadmin*:

Thanks for this code, PC9! I have a question. The "admin list", is that the ProCon admin list? Or do I need to create a new one? If so, where do I create that list?

Edit: Nvm. I figured it out. :smile:

Okay, the R4 works as intended! Great! :biggrin:

I have edited the code to work for Procon accounts:

Code:

bool canKill = false;
bool canKick = false;
bool canBan = false;
bool canMove = false;
bool isSelf = true;
if (other.Success) {
            matches.Add(p);
        }
    }
        return false;
            names.Add(m.Name);
        }
        return false;
    }
    target = matches[0];
    isSelf = false;
    target = player;
} else {
    return false;
}

if (plugin.CheckAccount(player.Name, out canKill, out canKick, out canBan, out canMove, out canChangeLevel)) {
    if (!canMove) return false;

};
} else {
}
return false;
Does it look okay Papa? :smile:

Okay, the R4 works as intended! Great! :biggrin:

I have edited the code to work for Procon accounts:

Code:

bool canKill = false;
bool canKick = false;
bool canBan = false;
bool canMove = false;
bool isSelf = true;
if (other.Success) {
            matches.Add(p);
        }
    }
        return false;
            names.Add(m.Name);
        }
        return false;
    }
    target = matches[0];
    isSelf = false;
    target = player;
} else {
    return false;
}

if (plugin.CheckAccount(player.Name, out canKill, out canKick, out canBan, out canMove, out canChangeLevel)) {
    if (!canMove) return false;

};
} else {
}
return false;
Does it look okay Papa? :smile:
Indeed, very good. I'll fix up post #1 and #3 to include this, thanks.

Archived