Teamspeak 3 Sync

ImportBot

Originally Posted by Jaythegreat1*:

Hmmm must not have something set up right.

I have two staging channels with two different query admins. It doesn't pickup any players from the pickup channels unless the Team threshold is met.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImportBot

Originally Posted by Imisnew2*:

Hmmm must not have something set up right.

I have two staging channels with two different query admins. It doesn't pickup any players from the pickup channels unless the Team threshold is met.

It's specifically set up to not move people from pickup channels to the staging channel. Sorry about the confusion. It will only move them when it needs to, ie team or squad swapping.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

Darn... I might not be able to use this anymore then. Most of my guys don't like it when it sorts into teams with low count :sad:.

It's simple enough to modify it to allow for this yourself:

In "public void checkClientForSwap(MasterClient client)" (around line 2382 of TeamspeakSync.cs), you'll see the following:

Code:

public void checkClientForSwap(MasterClient client)
        {
            // Do not proceed if the client is not in either server or if the client is a spectator.
            if (!client.HasGmClient || !client.HasTsClient || client.GmClient.TeamId == 0)
                return;

// Used for debug print.
            Int32 channelId = client.TsClient.medChannelId.Value;

// Move To Staging Channel If:
            //   Team Based swapping is off, or
            //   The number of players is lower than the team swapping threshold, or
            //   Intermission swapping is on and the game is in intermission.
            if (!synTeamBasedSwapping || getPlayersOnBothServers().Count < synTeamBasedThreshold || (synIntermissionSwapping && mBetweenRounds))
            {
                // Don't move players from pickup channels to the staging channel.
                foreach (TeamspeakChannel tsChannel in mPickupChannels)
                    if (tsChannel.tsId == client.TsClient.medChannelId) {
                        debugWrite(dbgSwapping, "[Swapping] - Staging Mode - Skipping Client ({0}) because he/she is in Ch.{1}.", client.TsClient.tsName, client.TsClient.medChannelId);
                        return;
                    }

// Move the client to the staging channel.
                if (client.TsClient.medChannelId != mStagingChannel.tsId)
                {
You want to remove this portion:

Code:

debugWrite(dbgSwapping, "[Swapping] - Staging Mode - Skipping Client ({0}) because he/she is in Ch.{1}.", client.TsClient.tsName, client.TsClient.medChannelId);
                        return;
                    }

Sweet, that seems to have done the trick. Now just gotta figure out a way to make it teams that only have 1 player stay in the staging channel.

Team Swapping Threshold? That's per-team (as per the plugin details tab).

The plugin isn't showing in my procon anymore....thoughts?

Are other plugins showing? Is the plugin file in the correct folder? Is this on a layer or your local machine? Is there any output in the plugin console?

Team Swapping Threshold? That's per-team (as per the plugin details tab).

Never seemed like it worked that way. It wouldn't split players up until that many players were in the Staging Channel and in the server. But then again.. might be user error :/

Never seemed like it worked that way. It wouldn't split players up until that many players were in the Staging Channel and in the server. But then again.. might be user error :/

I could be wrong. But that's what I remember. Looking at the code...

Code:

if (!synTeamBasedSwapping
   || getPlayersOnBothServers().Count < synTeamBasedThreshold
   || (synIntermissionSwapping && mBetweenRounds))
{ /* ... */ }

// Move To Team Channel If:
//   Squad Based swapping is off, or
//   The number of players is less than the squad swapping threshold, or
//   The player is not in a squad, or
//   The number of players in the squad is less than the squad swapping minimum.
else if (!synSquadBasedSwapping
      || getPlayersOnBothServersOnTeam(client.GmClient.TeamId).Count < synSquadBasedThreshold
      || client.GmClient.SquadId == 0
      || getPlayersOnBothServersOnSquad(client.GmClient.TeamId, client.GmClient.SquadId).Count < synSquadSizeMinimum)
{ /* ... */ }

// Move To Squad Channel If:
//   Well, all other scenarios are out, so it must be this.
else
{ /* ... */ }
This seems to suggest that it's NOT a per team thing, however. You could add support for this by changing

Code:

getPlayersOnBothServers().Count < synTeamBasedThreshold
to

Code:

getPlayersOnBothServersOnTeam(client.GmClient.TeamId).Count < SOME_NUMBER_HERE
Where SOME_NUMBER_HERE is the number you want it to start moving people into team channels at (per team). I might just add this as an option, although it seems a little odd to me.

Originally Posted by npggefvert*:

So I have this configured and the plugin is definitely working right, but for some reason the TS server is banning the Procon layer even though it's IP is added to the whitelist. I have been scouring the web for info on the IP whitelist in TS because of the following issue:

1. TS3 running on Windows

2. Neither query_ip_blacklist.txt or query_ip_whitelist.txt existed in the TS directory, so I added them and added the Procon Layer's IP to the whitelist.

Even with restarting the TS server, TS is banning the procon layer. If I telnet from the server running the procon layer after this happens it verifies the IP is banned.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

I could be wrong. But that's what I remember. Looking at the code...

Code:

if (!synTeamBasedSwapping
   || getPlayersOnBothServers().Count < synTeamBasedThreshold
   || (synIntermissionSwapping && mBetweenRounds))
{ /* ... */ }

// Move To Team Channel If:
//   Squad Based swapping is off, or
//   The number of players is less than the squad swapping threshold, or
//   The player is not in a squad, or
//   The number of players in the squad is less than the squad swapping minimum.
else if (!synSquadBasedSwapping
      || getPlayersOnBothServersOnTeam(client.GmClient.TeamId).Count < synSquadBasedThreshold
      || client.GmClient.SquadId == 0
      || getPlayersOnBothServersOnSquad(client.GmClient.TeamId, client.GmClient.SquadId).Count < synSquadSizeMinimum)
{ /* ... */ }

// Move To Squad Channel If:
//   Well, all other scenarios are out, so it must be this.
else
{ /* ... */ }
This seems to suggest that it's NOT a per team thing, however. You could add support for this by changing

Code:

getPlayersOnBothServers().Count < synTeamBasedThreshold
to

Code:

getPlayersOnBothServersOnTeam(client.GmClient.TeamId).Count < SOME_NUMBER_HERE
Where SOME_NUMBER_HERE is the number you want it to start moving people into team channels at (per team). I might just add this as an option, although it seems a little odd to me.
I guess it would sound odd depending on how you had things set up, if you let people non in the server join the staging channel, it would have some use.

So I have this configured and the plugin is definitely working right, but for some reason the TS server is banning the Procon layer even though it's IP is added to the whitelist. I have been scouring the web for info on the IP whitelist in TS because of the following issue:

2. Neither query_ip_blacklist.txt or query_ip_whitelist.txt existed in the TS directory, so I added them and added the Procon Layer's IP to the whitelist.

Even with restarting the TS server, TS is banning the procon layer. If I telnet from the server running the procon layer after this happens it verifies the IP is banned.

• Well, first off make sure you didn't add the ip to the BLACKLIST :ohmy:
  • Make sure that you specify EXACTLY the ip you're using (e.g. if you connect to "localhost", then "localhost" has to be whitelisted instead of 127.0.0.1).
  • Double check that the IP of your procon layer/instance is what you think it is (this is what usually causes most problems).

Ummm... just about

So I have

Channel for players to join to be moved.

Server 1 (Setup as a staging channel)

Server 2 (Setup as a staging channel)

At the moment, players would join the first channel to be moved to their respective server. If the player ends up leaving, they would stay in the one of the two server channels. Doesn't look like this plugin has the ability in its current state to move a player to a specified channel should they leave. Though i've seen a few "customized" plugins have a drop-off channel function.

Ummm... just about

So I have

Channel for players to join to be moved.

Server 1 (Setup as a staging channel)

Server 2 (Setup as a staging channel)

At the moment, players would join the first channel to be moved to their respective server. If the player ends up leaving, they would stay in the one of the two server channels. Doesn't look like this plugin has the ability in its current state to move a player to a specified channel should they leave. Though i've seen a few "customized" plugins have a drop-off channel function.

No, the plugin doesn't support a "drop-off" channel. That defaults to the staging channel... although if you're up for mode code-munging, you could also set this to whatever you want fairly simply:

Under "public void checkClientForRemove(MasterClient client)" (around line 2482):

Code:

public void checkClientForRemove(MasterClient client)
        {
            // Do not proceed if the client is in the game server or not in teamspeak.
            if (client.HasGmClient || !client.HasTsClient)
                return;

// Used for debug print.
            Int32 channelId = client.TsClient.medChannelId.Value;

// Only attempt to remove the client if they are not in the whitelist.
            if (!mClientWhitelist.Contains(client.TsClient.medDatabaseId.Value))
            {
                // I don't know if this can ever happen, but might as well be safe.
                        debugWrite(dbgSwapping, "[Swapping] - Remove Client - Skipping Client ({0}) because he/she is in Ch.{1}.", client.TsClient.tsName, client.TsClient.medChannelId);
                        return;
                    }

// Move the client to the staging channel.
                if (client.TsClient.medChannelId != mStagingChannel.tsId)
                {
                    sendTeamspeakQuery(TeamspeakQuery.buildClientMoveQuery(client.TsClient.tsId.Value, mStagingChannel.tsId.Value));
                    if (!performResponseHandling(Queries.CheckRemove)) return;
                    client.TsClient.medChannelId = mStagingChannel.tsId;
                    debugWrite(dbgSwapping, "[Swapping] - Remove Client - Client ({0}) from Ch.{1} to Ch.{2}.", client.TsClient.tsName, channelId, client.TsClient.medChannelId);

// Delete the channel if the remove option is enabled.
                    if (chnRemoveOnEmpty)
                        removeChannels();
                }
            }
        }
You'll want to change:

Code:

sendTeamspeakQuery(TeamspeakQuery.buildClientMoveQuery(client.TsClient.tsId.Value, mStagingChannel.tsId.Value));
client.TsClient.medChannelId = mStagingChannel.tsId;
To:

Code:

sendTeamspeakQuery(TeamspeakQuery.buildClientMoveQuery(client.TsClient.tsId.Value, SOME_CHANNEL_ID_HERE));
client.TsClient.medChannelId = SOME_CHANNEL_ID_HERE;
This might be a little confusing as a channel's ID is not visible in Teamspeak. However, you can turn on NETWORK debugging and wait for a "[DataSent] channellist" command and see the following "[DataReceived]" response, then find your channel. The channel id will be the value for "cid=".

Originally Posted by tonnic*:

Are other plugins showing? Is the plugin file in the correct folder? Is this on a layer or your local machine? Is there any output in the plugin console?

All other plugins are working fine.... it definitely is in the right folder... it was working before and now its gone....it is on it's own dedi machine. no output on the plugin as the plugin doesn't even show.

All other plugins are working fine.... it definitely is in the right folder... it was working before and now its gone....it is on it's own dedi machine. no output on the plugin as the plugin doesn't even show.

I'm not asking if the plugin has any output. Is there any error output in the plugin console such as "Teamspeak 3 Sync failed to compile" when you start Procon, or "Reload Plugins". Make sure that TeamspeakSync.cs is still in the correct folder (even if you put it there previously, just double-check that it's still there).

What version of the plugin are you using?

I'm not asking if the plugin has any output. Is there any error output in the plugin console such as "Teamspeak 3 Sync failed to compile" when you start Procon, or "Reload Plugins". Make sure that TeamspeakSync.cs is still in the correct folder (even if you put it there previously, just double-check that it's still there).

What version of the plugin are you using?

I can't really see the console...it is running as a service and if I try to open the GUI it crashes... I am using v1.0.2.2 of your plugin.

I can't really see the console...it is running as a service and if I try to open the GUI it crashes... I am using v1.0.2.2 of your plugin.

How can you tell the plugin isn't loading if you can't open the GUI?

How can you tell the plugin isn't loading if you can't open the GUI?

I cleared the logs to make sure it was what I was looking for. At the bottom of the plugin.log and the only reference to your plugin is:

Compiling TeamspeakSync.cs... Using Cache

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

I cleared the logs to make sure it was what I was looking for. At the bottom of the plugin.log and the only reference to your plugin is:

Delete TeamspeakSync.dll and reload the plugins. See what happens.

Originally Posted by spunkybd*:

[21:36:27 70] PRoConEvents.TeamspeakSync..ctor()

I think this is an error with TeamspeakSync_1.0.2.1, still won't show up in plugins for me.

This was because of the sandbox options in ProCon.

Just wanted to let anyone know in case they ran into the same issue.

Originally Posted by almaxkiller*:

I had this issue and it was because my BF4 server had a different outgoing IP than the server IP listed, so whitelisting the one I connect to my server with did nothing. Here is how to fix it:

Activate TSSync and wait for it to get banned

Then go into your TS3 logs and look for something like 2013-11-02 00:23:01.643949|INFO |Query | | query from 2 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx issued: login with account "TS3Sync"

The IP listed is the IP that is connecting to your TS server and the one you need to put into your whitelist.

Note that "TS3Sync" is the query username I gave when creating the query account, so look for the query username you created.

Hope this helps!

Oh and an alternate way you can do this if you are hosted through a host and can not access your TS3 logs is this:

Add your teamspeak server as a bookmark

Click "Manage Bookmarks"

Check the box "Show ServerQuery Clients"

Click "Apply" and then "OK"

Connect to the server via the Bookmark

Activate TSSync via Procon

Quickly go to TS and find the Query username you created, right click on it and click "Client Connection Info"

There in Client address it will show the IP that you need to add to your whitelist.

I had this issue and it was because my BF4 server had a different outgoing IP than the server IP listed, so whitelisting the one I connect to my server with did nothing. Here is how to fix it:

Activate TSSync and wait for it to get banned

Then go into your TS3 logs and look for something like 2013-11-02 00:23:01.643949|INFO |Query | | query from 2 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx issued: login with account "TS3Sync"

The IP listed is the IP that is connecting to your TS server and the one you need to put into your whitelist.

Note that "TS3Sync" is the query username I gave when creating the query account, so look for the query username you created.

Hope this helps!

Oh and an alternate way you can do this if you are hosted through a host and can not access your TS3 logs is this:

Add your teamspeak server as a bookmark

Click "Manage Bookmarks"

Check the box "Show ServerQuery Clients"

Click "Apply" and then "OK"

Connect to the server via the Bookmark

Activate TSSync via Procon

Quickly go to TS and find the Query username you created, right click on it and click "Client Connection Info"

There in Client address it will show the IP that you need to add to your whitelist.

Thanks a ton Almaxkiller!