xVotemap v1.3.1

ImportBot

Originally Posted by aether*:

xVotemap [bF3]

Description

Calls an in-game vote for the next map near the end on the round. Randomly selects four maps (by default, can be adjusted) from the current maplist to vote on. Before the options are displayed, a banner can be shown to get the players attention that voting is about to commence.

The votes are tallied and if there are more votes than the set threshold, the winner is the map with the most votes. If there is a tie, the winner is selected at random from the tied maps. The next map is announced and it can be periodically displayed until the end of the round.

In-game Screenshots

Posted Image

Four displayed voting options without gamemode showing. Also shows vote confirmation message.

Posted Image

Optional voting banner used to get the attention of players before/during a vote.

Installation

Unzip the 'xVotemap.cs' into your '..\Plugins\BF3' folder.

In-game Commands

/# While a vote is in progress, votes for the option represented by the #.

/v Displays the vote options while a vote is in progress. If typed before a vote, it will display the predicted amount of time before the vote begins.

/nextmap Displays the next map.

/votemap Initiates/restarts a votemap if the player has map changing priviledges in Procon.

enablevotemap Enables the votemap plugin if the player has map changing priviledges in Procon.

disablevotemap Disables the votemap plugin if the player has map changing priviledges in Procon.

Settings

Posted Image

Display

Enable Vote Banner_: Is the banner (designed to get the attention of players) displayed before the voting commences.

Voting Options Interval: Integer, in seconds, representing how often the map vote options are displayed once the voting poll opens.

Next Map Display Interval: Integer, in seconds, representing how often the winning next map is displayed after the voting is over but the round hasn't ended yet. A value of -1 will disable nextmap messages.

Show Gamemode in Voting Options? Determines if the shorthand notation for the gamemode is displayed in the voting options. This is most useful for those running mixed mode servers, especially if the same map is in the maplist with different gamemodes.

Map Options

Number of Vote Options Integer, between 2 and 8, representing the number of vote options to be displayed when a mapvote is called.

Exclude Current Map From Vote Options_: If yes, the current map with be excluded from the next map voting options, so to not allow the same map to be played twice.

Randomness: An integer from 0 to 10 representing the randomness of the map options for a vote. The algorithm changes the probability of each map and gamemode pair being selected as a vote option depending on how long ago it was last played.

Posted Image

Randomness = 0: Will rotate through the maplist, only showing the maps that haven't been played in a long time. Players should end up playing every map in the cycle.

Posted Image

Randomness = 5: Maps that haven't been played in a long time will have the highest probablity and recently played maps will have the lowest probability of being selected as vote options.

Posted Image

Randomness = 10: Every map has the same chance of being selected as an option. Players will tend to play the most popular maps repeatedly.

Voting

Trigger: If Automatic, the voting will be triggered automatically near the end of the round. If Manual, the voting will have to be triggered manually with the /votemap command.

Voting Threshold: Integer, representing the minimum total number of votes that must cast for the highest voted map to become the nextmap. If no map reaches this threshold, then the map will just roll over to the next map in the maplist.

Voting Duration: Integer, in seconds, representing the target length of time the voting poll is open for.

Time between Voting End and Round End: Integer, in seconds, representing how long from the end of the round the voting will finish. In other words, at what time you want the voting to take place, mear seconds before the end of round or in the middle of round sometime.

Rush Voting Start Time from Start of Round: Integer, representing the time when voting will start, in seconds from the start of the round. In rush, there is no way to predict when the round will finish with the current RCON information, as the status of MCOMs are unknown. So you must estimate how long the shortest rush round would take and start the vote a couple of minutes earlier in order to ensure a vote will take place.

Xtras

Debug Level: Integer between 0 and 5, where 0 outputs no plugin debug messages, and 5 which outputs even the most mundane steps.

Development

Known Issues

• If the maplist is changed during a vote the winning map will not correctly be the next map.

Future Work

• Improve map sorting algorithm.
  • Add maplist change event.

Change Log

1.3.1 (09/04/12)

• Fixed: /votemap to start a map vote.

1.3.0 (07/04/12)

• Added: Yell announcement.
  • Added: In-game enable and disable.

1.2.3 (30/03/12)

• Fixed: Mapnames fixed from patch.

1.2.2 (09/02/12)

• Fixed: Maplist sort for 'Map Only' and 'Gametype Only'. Will still work on a better algorithm too.

1.2.1 (06/02/12)

• Added: Information link with Ultimate Map Manager to ensure the voted map will be the next map if the maplist needs to change and it is still in the maplist.
  • Fixed: Remove current map bug.
  • Added: Improved map options display. Should reduce the chance of very long options.
  • Fixed: Gamemode should appear throughout the in-game message, if turned on.

1.2.0 (24/01/12)

• Added: Ability to disable vote results from being displayed.
  • Added: Option to change the way the maplist is sorted.
  • Added: Option to display the nextmap before the vote.
  • Added: Option to set minimum and maximum player count limits for if the vote will take place.

1.1.5 (19/01/12)

• Added: More debug messages
  • Fix: Serverinfo bug possibly =\
  • Change: Renamed to xVotemap. Delete old CxVotemap.

1.1.4 Stable (15/01/12)

• Fix: /votemap command now works on all rounds.
  • Fix: Between rounds error bug.

1.1.3 Beta (09/01/12)

• Fix: Votemap starting too early.

1.1.2 Beta (09/01/12)

• Fix: Minimal changes.

1.1.1 Beta (09/01/12)

• Fix: Several bugs that were in the new randomness code. A lot of console debug text has been added, most will be removed or suppressed when this version is proved stable.

1.1.0 Beta (07/01/12)

• Added: Randomness, a new algorithm to decide which maps are chosen to be vote options.
  • Added: Ability to disable votemap starting automatically.

1.0.1 Stable (06/01/12)

• Fixed: Tweaked various algorithms
  • Fixed: Squad rush bug

1.0.0 Stable (05/01/12)

• Added: Warning for incorrect vote command

Support

If you like this plugin and want to help support it's development. Feel free to donate. Thanks!

Posted Image

Attached Files:

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImportBot

Originally Posted by Chefkoch*:

Hi,

how can I install this plugin?

I tried to put it in the "Plugins" folder and also in the "Plugins/BF3" folder ... nothing happens and no new plugin in procon after restarting the procon-layer.

greets

The 'CxVotemap.cs' should be in the '../Plugins/BF3/' folder.

Does it have any compile errors in the plugin console output? Any chance to restart the host procon?

Anyone else have this problem?

Originally Posted by maris*:

Is it possible to choose a random map if no one votes?

Cause it seems to choose everytime the first map if nobody votes. Possible im wrong.

I use the RandomMap Plugin but it had no effect.

Thx and greets

Originally Posted by borbn*:

Hello Aether,

for me the Voting Threshold doesnt work.

I set it to 8 at the first plugin run. After the vote was over only one person voted for a map and this map won the vote.

If i understand Voting Threshold correctly in this case on map shoud have won the vote.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't replied sooner, I have been away at the beach for a couple of days.

borbn, I think I've fixed the threshold bug, and have actually changed it to total vote rather than the winning map. I think it's a better indicator of interest in a vote. I'll release the latest version tonight sometime.

maris, if noone votes and the threshold is set to 0 I think at the moment it just chooses the first map in the vote choices, which in turn is a random map from the map list. But I can give a couple of options if you prefer an alternate outcome.

I'll work on the rush maps tonight and hopefully get something working for you to provide feedback on. I don't have a rush server so the testing will be minimal to make sure it works, so I'll have to rely on you guys for bug finding there I think.

Any other feedback or ideas are welcome.

Originally Posted by maris*:

maris, if noone votes and the threshold is set to 0 I think at the moment it just chooses the first map in the vote choices, which in turn is a random map from the map list. But I can give a couple of options if you prefer an alternate outcome.

Hi,

thats would be really great, cause it looks often to be the same Map that is running and the people aren't voting for some reason. Sometimes there are much votes but sometimes no one votes. :sad:

Thank you for the work on this great plugin.

greets

0.0.3 Beta Released!

• Changed the vote threshold to be compared to the total votes cast, rather than the winning map.
  • In the event of a draw, now, a random map out of the drawn maps will be chosen.
  • Added Rush and Deathmatch support, expect bugs, please report bugs and provide feedback.

Files on first page.

aether

Originally Posted by HellsBells*:

When Server running a Rush map I get this message (ver 0.0.3)

[11:40:47 37] xVotemap Enabled!

[11:41:16 14] [xVotemap] Info: Current game mode is not yet supported. Stopping voting system.

[11:42:36 51] [xVotemap] Work: Skipped Level: Stopping voting system

[11:42:40 18] [xVotemap] Info: Current mapmode not supported yet. Voting system will not be started this round.

When I skip the level to the next map (CQ) voting starts ok.

When Voting option starts and it picks the next map: say: Rush map (it picks the map not the mode) the voting is disabled again

11:47:12 85] [xVotemap] Work: Skipped Level: Stopping voting system

[11:47:30 48] [xVotemap] Work: Level loaded: Starting voting system

[11:48:16 17] [xVotemap] Info: Estimated voting start in 2 hours, 46 minutes, 9 seconds @ 2:34:25 PM

[11:48:46 53] [xVotemap] Info: Estimated voting start in 2 hours, 46 minutes, 9 seconds @ 2:34:55 PM

[11:49:16 15] [xVotemap] Info: Estimated voting start in 2 hours, 46 minutes, 9 seconds @ 2:35:25 PM

Great Plugin and thanks for the work

Originally Posted by Moli87*:

Hi aether,

Great work thank you for that ,-)

But it would be nice if u can implement an option that we can choose if the plugin should start the voting each time at the first round of a map or if it should first start on the second round of a map.

I would prefer the second round of a map, because some peoples want to play on booth sides. ;-) An option in procon to set this up would be really nice ;-)

Now we just play 1 round and then we must vote for the other map and then again voting...

If that would not be possible....thanky you anyway ;-)

Greets

Moli

Hi aether,

Great work thank you for that ,-)

But it would be nice if u can implement an option that we can choose if the plugin should start the voting each time at the first round of a map or if it should first start on the second round of a map.

I would prefer the second round of a map, because some peoples want to play on booth sides. ;-) An option in procon to set this up would be really nice ;-)

Now we just play 1 round and then we must vote for the other map and then again voting...

If that would not be possible....thanky you anyway ;-)

Greets

Moli

I intended it to only call a vote when on the last round of the map. This is a bug if it's calling on the first round. I'll look into it, thanks.

Originally Posted by Moli87*:

I intended it to only call a vote when on the last round of the map. This is a bug if it's calling on the first round. I'll look into it, thanks.

No Problem ;-)

But it would be nice if there would be an option in future for the "first round always" and/or "second round always"

and a command for the next map like @nextmap, which will display the next map, so we could turn the other spaming next map off

an option to turn on the spam and/or the command would be very nice too. Only if u have time...;-)

Thank

Greets

No Problem ;-)

But it would be nice if there would be an option in future for the "first round always" and/or "second round always"

and a command for the next map like @nextmap, which will display the next map, so we could turn the other spaming next map off

an option to turn on the spam and/or the command would be very nice too. Only if u have time...;-)

Thank

Greets

It wouldn't be too hard to put in that option but I think it's cleaner how it is, so that if you want to run maps for two rounds you can just have it set in the maplist to two rounds, otherwise just have one round set and it will call a vote every round.

Yes, as this is my first plugin and the only thing there is to work with is the small chat window, it is easy to be overzealous with the messages to start with. I've been toning back the default frequency values as the version progress. I have a few ideas on how to reduce the spamminess. I think I will add the nextmap command as it is the most effective way to get the information. However, for other users to find out about the command you must go back to the spammy messages. It's a vicious circle haha.

Once I get the majority of the functionality implemented I'll have time to tweak the interface to something more streamline.

Thanks for the support guys.

I'd like to hear from anyone running this plugin on rush, squad rush, TDM, or SDM.

How is the timing of when the vote starts?

What 'Rush Voting Start Time from Start of Round' values work well for the rush and squad rush? What range do rush matches last for?

As you can see I rarely play these modes and need some expert knowledge.

Also, for you guys who have mixed mode servers, would you like an indicator of the mode they are voting on? eg Caspian Border [CQ] | Operation Firestorm [R]

Example maybe

Rush R

Conquest C

TDM T

SDM S

Therefore making the vote /1r for map 1 rush

vote /2c for map 2 Conquest etc

That way there would be no need for 2 vote inputs just /1r etc As all game modes are available to all maps

One question I have is can the map choice be increase from 4 to say 8 or 9

many thx

Just played A Rush Map and the voting commenced right at the end, leaving no time to vote, maybe when the points reach 50 the voting could trigger

Originally Posted by waudrius*:

Also, for you guys who have mixed mode servers, would you like an indicator of the mode they are voting on? eg Caspian Border [CQ] | Operation Firestorm [R]

Yes, of course :smile: Thank you for your great plugin. We are using it on our server and we love it :smile:

Example maybe

Rush R

Conquest C

TDM T

SDM S

Therefore making the vote /1r for map 1 rush

vote /2c for map 2 Conquest etc

That way there would be no need for 2 vote inputs just /1r etc As all game modes are available to all maps

Hrmm interesting idea. My only concern is that even with 4 maps, that would be 16 voting possiblities and players may not have enough vote agreement to get a definite winner. Once I know the fundamentals of the plugin are working well, I'll start dishing up a few voting options setups, to see which ones work well in real servers.

One question I have is can the map choice be increase from 4 to say 8 or 9

many thx

Just played A Rush Map and the voting commenced right at the end, leaving no time to vote, maybe when the points reach 50 the voting could trigger

Yes, this is in my future plans and will probably be able to adjust the voting options from 2 - 6/8. The limit is that there are only 5 lines of chat and it only takes a couple of commments to scroll the options out of sight.

Yes, of course :smile: Thank you for your great plugin. We are using it on our server and we love it :smile:

Great :smile:

Hrmm interesting idea. My only concern is that even with 4 maps, that would be 16 voting possiblities and players may not have enough vote agreement to get a definite winner. Once I know the fundamentals of the plugin are working well, I'll start dishing up a few voting options setups, to see which ones work well in real servers.

Yes, this is in my future plans and will probably be able to adjust the voting options from 2 - 6/8. The limit is that there are only 5 lines of chat and it only takes a couple of comments to scroll the options out of sight.

Hmmm If there are only 5 lines of chat I can see the problem. One option maybe to set a choice of a random map from the map list with the option of either of the game modes as the trigger. But not allowing the plugin to choose the current map.

Or a map choice using as many maps as the 5 lines of chat permit.