• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImportBot

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by canadaka*:

Just installed BF4 R11 and getting this error again

[01:42:11 08] [xVotemap] Error: EXCEPTION CAUGHT IN: SetVoteStartAndEndTimes

[01:42:11 08] [xVotemap] Error: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at PRoConEvents.xVotemap.SetVoteStartAndEndTimes()

I wasn't getting this error before, until I updated to R11.

**EDIT**

Nevermind! I restarted both my BF4 and procon layer server and the error seems to have stopped happening...?

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Originally Posted by doncarlone*:

[17:14:21 65] [xvotemap] Info: Note last round. Stopping voting system.

[17:14:21 65] [xvotemap] Error: EXCEPTION CAUGHT IN: setvotestartandendtimes

[17:14:21 66] [xvotemap] Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Originally Posted by pixxelbob*:

It seems get into a mess with itself when the map list is changed.

It for some reason doesn't detect the last round, so vote system is never enabled.

[20:36:54 11] [xVotemap 1.5.4.2] Info: Maplist change detected

[20:45:08 17] [xVotemap 1.5.4.2] Work: Round Over: Stopping voting system

[20:45:08 17] [xVotemap 1.5.4.2] Work: Displayed next map

[20:46:10 37] [xVotemap 1.5.4.2] Info: Level loaded: Zavod 311 [DOM], Round 5 of 1

[20:46:10 37] [xVotemap 1.5.4.2] Work: Level loaded: Not last round, voting system will not be enabled

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted by fantasticplayer*:

Hello. Is there option to set it up like no one votes for a map so stay one map all the time? but if they vote for diffrient map it change to diffrient map?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Originally Posted by burt568*:

Hi, I aplogise if this has been asked before but I searched and could not find it..

I have two maplist using UMM

Maplist0 has TDM Noshahr Canals only

Maplist1 has a mixed conquest and rush maplist

I only want xvotemap to work when on maplist1 and I would like to do this using procon rulz.

I have written a rule which states if the gamemode is TDM then send disablevotemap (which is sent as procon.protected.send,disablevotemap)

and one to check thats it NOT TDM then to send enablevotemap (which is sent procon.protected.send,enablevotemap)

but the console just returns "unknown Command" should I be sending the command somewhere else?

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

You don't need to do anything with procon rulz. Votemap will automatically disable it's self during the round if you only have that map in the maplist, so Votemap will not really activate when you are on Maplist0.

Originally Posted by burt568*:

You don't need to do anything with procon rulz. Votemap will automatically disable it's self during the round if you only have that map in the maplist, so Votemap will not really activate when you are on Maplist0.

Thanks kcuestag, I did not know it had that facility, maybe in the notes it could state that if there are inusfficient maps in the maplist to fill a vote, then it wont kick in.

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

Thanks kcuestag, I did not know it had that facility, maybe in the notes it could state that if there are inusfficient maps in the maplist to fill a vote, then it wont kick in.

No worries. If you check the debug window on Plugins tab, you'll see Votemap doesn't include the map currently being played. So if you run Noshahr Canals all the time, it will never kick in unless you switch to the other maplist. :smile:
  • 7 months later...

Originally Posted by ty_ger07*:

I absolutely HATE the yell feature. It is super annoying and unecessary. It seems like every time I am enjoying a server, half hour later, towardw the end of the round, I have to see this annoying spam over and over and over again. What's the point? It makes me leave and tind the next server. The nexts erver which invariably has the exact same fatal flaw.

I have tried pleaing my case to clans by contacting the admins of my favorite servers, but they don't seem to listen or care.

Is there some way that this can be made to be less annoying? Does it really need to spam a yell message over and over and over again? It seems like I see the yell spammed 3 or 4 times in a row. Isn't once enough? Or, even better, why not just use the chat only with no yell?

Is the yell spam a plugin default? If so, would you consider changing the default to yelling be disabled so that by default the servers aren't annoying and the admins have to choose to be annoying?

Thank you!

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

I absolutely HATE the yell feature. It is super annoying and unecessary. It seems like every time I am enjoying a server, half hour later, towardw the end of the round, I have to see this annoying spam over and over and over again. What's the point? It makes me leave and tind the next server. The nexts erver which invariably has the exact same fatal flaw.

I have tried pleaing my case to clans by contacting the admins of my favorite servers, but they don't seem to listen or care.

Is there some way that this can be made to be less annoying? Does it really need to spam a yell message over and over and over again? It seems like I see the yell spammed 3 or 4 times in a row. Isn't once enough? Or, even better, why not just use the chat only with no yell?

Is the yell spam a plugin default? If so, would you consider changing the default to yelling be disabled so that by default the servers aren't annoying and the admins have to choose to be annoying?

Thank you!

Not hardly a solution to the issue for everyone, but if yells in general annoy you why not just disable them on your client?

EDIT: It could be a good idea to change the defaults, but that wouldn't affect existing servers with their settings. One of the main reasons the yell is enabled is to announce to players a vote is happening, when most would have missed it in chat only. A deeper issue could be that the message is customizable, so the admins could have made a much more obnoxious vote message.

Not hardly a solution to the issue for everyone, but if yells in general annoy you why not just disable them on your client?

EDIT: It could be a good idea to change the defaults, but that wouldn't affect existing servers with their settings. One of the main reasons the yell is enabled is to announce to players a vote is happening, when most would have missed it in chat only. A deeper issue could be that the message is customizable, so the admins could have made a much more obnoxious vote message.

I don't have a Game Server of my own or a Procon server or Procon client. I gave that all up years ago.

As far as I know, there is no way for players to disable yell messages in a server. I can hide the chat content with the H key, but yells show no matter what. It is terribly annoying that it spams a giant message in the server 3 or 4 times in the period of a minute. Isn't one time more than enough? Why do I need to have an 8th of my screen blocked by text every 15 seconds?

I know that the purpose is to alert players about the existence of a vote. I know the argument for the yelled messages is this: "the yelled message is to let players who have hidden the chat box know that a vote is in progress" (at least that is what game server admins have told me). But, if a player (me in this case) chooses to hide the chat box because they just want to play the game without being interrupted by server chatbox spam and player's childish arguments, don't you suppose that they also don't want to be interruped to vote? I don't care that there is a vote taking place! Let the people who want to vote, vote. Let the players who just want to play the game and don't care which map is played just play the game without spamming their screen every 15 seconds!

I know that changing the defaults won't retroactively fix all the servers which already have excessive abusive yell spam, but I am hoping that it will be done so that all new servers in the future will not also perpetuate the awful hell I am currently subjected to.

It is so annoying that some admins are so incapable of configuring their servers and many don't even know what is going on. I wish the default wasn't so annoying so that only the capable admins can choose to be annoying if so inclined. What do I mean by incapable? Trust me, I address this issue with clans VERY OFTEN since it has become a constant source of frustration for me over the last year. When I bring up the issue, often the answer I get is "Our admins aren't sending that message. It is automatic." It's like *face palm!*. Duh! "I know. My point is, it can be adjusted, and can you PLEASE do something proactive and fix your server so that I no longer have to be subjected to your yell spam hell_".

Rant, rant, rant. I know. It may seem bizarre that this annoys me so much, but I finally had to come here after a year and say it.

I forget the setting name. It's like 'game state update messages', you can disable/enable seeing them. That setting covers any text that appears in the center of the screen, like 'new bomb found' and all admin yells.

The only issue I have with yells is when they are too long, saw one server that yelled nearly half the screen. But, a simple 'vote now!' in the center is fine with me, especially since I normally miss the vote in chat otherwise. A max length in the config for this plugin would be nice.

I wish I knew where to disable these messages. I have had people claim the same before in the past. I have all sounds and notifications disabled in Origin and on Battlelog, but still I have to hide the chat box manually every time I join a server and still the yell spam appears.

Oh, these are not short little messages! They are usually something like "A MAP VOTE IS CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS" "SEE THE OPTIONS IN THE CHAT BOX TO VOTE". And then you have to see that repeated over and over every 15 seconds for a full minute during the last minutes of the game when all you want to do is try to win the round before it is over.

I wish I knew where to disable these messages. I have had people claim the same before in the past. I have all sounds and notifications disabled in Origin and on Battlelog, but still I have to hide the chat box manually every time I join a server and still the yell spam appears.

Oh, these are not short little messages! They are usually something like "A MAP VOTE IS CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS" "SEE THE OPTIONS IN THE CHAT BOX TO VOTE". And then you have to see that repeated over and over every 15 seconds for a full minute during the last minutes of the game when all you want to do is try to win the round before it is over.

They changed the setting name, it's now 'Game Mode Message'. Switch it to hide and you won't see any yells.

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Radtaco*:

So i recently added this plugin to my new bf4 server, now im not sure if im stupid and messed something up, but when rush comes it only plays 1 round, then goes to the next map. Ofcourse i'd like it to switch sides after the first rush round but i cant find anything about this.

-Thanks

Originally Posted by Slayer*:

So i recently added this plugin to my new bf4 server, now im not sure if im stupid and messed something up, but when rush comes it only plays 1 round, then goes to the next map. Ofcourse i'd like it to switch sides after the first rush round but i cant find anything about this.

-Thanks

If you want 2 rounds on the same map make sure in ProCons map list you have a 2 beside the map name, it sounds like their is just a 1.

To change it to a 2 in ProCon go to tab Lists then Maplists you'll see in the middle two arrows top and bottom of a box with Rounds above a 0 change the box to a 2 click on the map click arrow pointing back to Available Maps to remove map back to Available Maps then click the same map and move it back to Current maplist with the other arrow once all maps are done then click the double rotating looking arrow at the top of the centre to refresh the maplist and a green arrow will popup lower down for a second to show it's now saved.

Or you could just move across a second map then you'll have two with 1 round each, then click the double arrow at the top to refresh maplist and a green arrow will popup for a second to show it's now saved.

Or if you have access to the maplist on the host you could just go into it and edit it and place a 2 at the end of each map hit save and reboot the layer.

Though I find doing it in ProCon one map at a time from 1 to 2 is just as easy.

edit: If you have done it correctly you should see a 2 at the end of each map name instead of a 1.

• 2 months later...

Originally Posted by Mamba334*:

Hello all and I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.

I am here to ask if someone could please take a few minutes and tell me what to do on this issue;

We added Operation Outbreak to our map lineup, but when the votemap plugin is initiated it is still bugged. It will only say type 1/2 to vote but no maps display. If you remove Outbreak, then it works. Has this been updated? I updated the BF4.Def file already when the map came out. Now they have Dragon Valley about to hit and we need to get this ball rolling to fix the issue please.

Another server has this fixed, so I was hoping to know how to fix this.

Thank you in advance!