Server Stats page for XpKiller's 'BF3 Chat, GUID, Stats and Mapstats Logger'

ImportBot

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally Posted by ty_ger07*:

I think I will just add the scroll-able "recent chat" to the stats page. The ability to search through chat and view conversations at certain times and GUIDs can be left in the standalone chat search page.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Code linked to in first post updated.

Changes:

- Added server chat page (lite version).

- Fixed issue with stats index link showing when it shouldn't if no index link was provided.

Originally Posted by mtnkodiak*:

I can't find any sort of "API key" for GGC. Our server streams to GGC, but I can't find anywhere on their site nor in procon or pb server files where "API key" is mentioned. I have the server ID available, but nothing about API key. Anyone?

Yep, as Russel5 showed, it's in your account information.

Log in and then click "UserCP" at the top right. Then click "Edit Account". The API key should be on the right side.

Originally Posted by Enco86*:

I can't get it working.My nerves are going to crash.

I tried everything but it gives the same error message ''Unable to access stats database. Please notify this website's administrator.''

I filled the blanks with Notepad ++ like this:

$db_host = 'corpse-merchants.clanservers.com'; // database host

$db_uname = 'c10xxx_cxxx'; // database user name

$db_pass = 'xxxx'; // database password

$db_name = 'c10xxx_cxxx'; // database name

Other things are not important i guess.Why this gives an error is beyond me.

Are those the same values you are using in XpKiller's plugin? Where is the database hosted?

If you view the database in phpMyAdmin, what address does it show?

Here is an example of one of my databases:

Posted Image

Is it the same as 'corpse-merchants.clanservers.com'?

Attached Files:

Database hosted on gameservers.com and i use the same settings as xpkillers plugin.

In myphpadmin it looks like this

Server: Localhost via UNIX socket

Software: MySQL

Software version: 5.1.66-cll - MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Protocol version: 10

User: c10xxxx@localhost

Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

Web server:

cpsrvd 11.34.1.7

Database client version: libmysql - 4.1.22

PHP extension: mysql

Have you tried using '11.34.1.7' as the host?

I am having a hard time picturing your setup in my mind. Can you better describe your situation? Where is the game server hosted? Where is the procon layer hosted? Where is the database hosted in relation to the game server and the layer? Where is the website with the stats page hosted? Is the database configured to allow external connections?

@ty_ger07

do your page support unix sockets? I guess this is the problem here.

I guess I am too ignorant to properly answer that question. What do you mean?

My provider of my website is on a Linux machine. Does that mean I am using a Unix socket? What is a Unix socket compared to a non-Unix socket?

From what I have seen, php's mysql_connect() and mysql_select_db() are universal. Maybe I am wrong.

I do see that this is getting deprecated though in newer versions of PHP and is making a move to mysqli_...

Well, the only difference is that I am not specifying the port and allowing it to assume the default port 3306. It has examples where the port is specified and examples where it isn't specified. It is pretty safe to assume it is port 3306 and no one has complained so far. But maybe someone does have a different port and maybe it should be specified.

Other than that, like I said, it is getting deprecated in newer versions. Even though it is deprecated, it should still work for now.

I hope that Enco86 will respond soon with more information. I wonder if the game server, layer, and database are all hosted by Gameservers. I am not familiar with "clanservers.com" and don't know if it is considered 'localhost' with his other services or if it is separate.

EDIT: It seems like he got it working: http://corpse-merchants.clanservers.com/stats/index.php I wonder what the trick was. :huh:

Well, the only difference is that I am not specifying the port and allowing it to assume the default port 3306. It has examples where the port is specified and examples where it isn't specified. It is pretty safe to assume it is port 3306 and no one has complained so far. But maybe someone does have a different port and maybe it should be specified.

Other than that, like I said, it is getting deprecated in newer versions. Even though it is deprecated, it should still work for now.

I hope that Enco86 will respond soon with more information. I wonder if the game server, layer, and database are all hosted by Gameservers. I am not familiar with "clanservers.com" and don't know if it is considered 'localhost' with his other services or if it is separate.

EDIT: It seems like he got it working: http://corpse-merchants.clanservers.com/stats/index.php I wonder what the trick was. :huh:

I wrote a reply but it didn't show up i don't know why.Anyway i solved the problem at last and at the end i laughed so hard that how couldn't i find it ? Trick was entering the websites ip to remote sql's allowed connection list and tatata :smile:

Everything is nice and sound but this free hosting is so limited and i want to change it.But i don't know how to backup the stats database and transfer it to new host.

Update:

I transfered all of the database into a new host without problems and purchased a new domain.

New statistics can be found at

copmplan.info/stats

Originally Posted by dyn*:

A bit of a request...

Instead of having the customizable details at the top of every PHP file, would it be possible to have one config which is included? This would make it much easier to update when new changes are made.

Thanks for your consideration. Right now, while the updates you've provided are great, it does take some time to ensure all php files are updated properly. If there were just one included config file it could make updating a snitch especially when updating multiple servers php files.

A bit of a request...

Instead of having the customizable details at the top of every PHP file, would it be possible to have one config which is included? This would make it much easier to update when new changes are made.

Thanks for your consideration. Right now, while the updates you've provided are great, it does take some time to ensure all php files are updated properly. If there were just one included config file it could make updating a snitch especially when updating multiple servers php files.

You would still need multiple config files (one for each server) and each of the stats pages would somehow need to know which config file it should load (which means you would have to edit the stats page anyways to tell it which config file to load).

I can't think of a better way. I think adding multiple config files would add to the confusion.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

You would still need multiple config files (one for each server) and each of the stats pages would somehow need to know which config file it should load (which means you would have to edit the stats page anyways to tell it which config file to load).

I can't think of a better way. I think adding multiple config files would add to the confusion.

I see. In our setup it the only thing that gets changed, or is unique amongst the different files, is server_ID. Everything else is shared amongst the servers. I figured this is how most setups would be. Having a dedicated config file with:

DATABASE INFORMATION

DATABASE TABLE SUFFIX

GGC-STREAM INFORMATION

CLAN NAME

ADMIN USERNAME

ADMIN PASSWORD

PAGE BANNER

BANNER LINK

STATS INDEX LINK

This could then make it easy for future updates only 1 or 2 lines would have to be changed in the individual php files.

I see. In our setup it the only thing that gets changed, or is unique amongst the different files, is server_ID. Everything else is shared amongst the servers. I figured this is how most setups would be. Having a dedicated config file with:

DATABASE INFORMATION

DATABASE TABLE SUFFIX

GGC-STREAM INFORMATION

CLAN NAME

ADMIN USERNAME

ADMIN PASSWORD

PAGE BANNER

BANNER LINK

STATS INDEX LINK

This could then make it easy for future updates only 1 or 2 lines would have to be changed in the individual php files.

Yeah, you have a point. The only things which should need to be changed between stats pages are:

- Server ID (if you don't use table suffixes)

- Table Suffix (if you use them)

- Server Name

- GGC-Stream server ID

I may consider it.

Another problem is that if I changed something in the configuration file (like when I just recently added port number), if the user doesn't update their configuration file, they will have issues. People would naturally not want to update the configuration file.

• 2 weeks later...

I would ask Branzone why their server is being terribly slow.

Two problems:

1) Their network connection is being slow. It is sending the data at about 4 KB/s average. It should be at least 10 times that amount.

2) Their web server is running very slowly. It is taking about 5 seconds on average to process the stats page's very simple operations. It should process the operations at least 5 times quicker.

It's not the stats page that is the problem. It is your web server host.

But as I am sure you can see for yourself on your web server, my stats pages are about twice as fast as RMG-Dr4k3's stats pages. (don't compare my demo to his demo since he is on a different server than me and it would not be an apples-to-apples comparison) This is because I designed my stats pages to be lightweight and fast.

The stats page I provided is lightweight. It was designed to be lightweight from the start.

I was saying that if you compare http://ktsclanservers.info/player_stats.php with http://ktsclanservers.info/Private%20Stats/ , I think you should see that on average my stats page is faster than RMG-Dr4k3's stats pages. This is because my stats pages were specifically designed to be lightweight and fast. The reason yours is so slow is due to your web server host.

Yes, ask your web server host why it is so slow.

Originally Posted by ronald32*:

So thats what they said:

Thank you for contacting Branzone.com support.

The long load times are due to the webhost trying to connect to your database. To fix this you will need to import the stats into a new database on your webhosting.

I don't know what they mean by that what should i do know?

So thats what they said:

Thank you for contacting Branzone.com support.

The long load times are due to the webhost trying to connect to your database. To fix this you will need to import the stats into a new database on your webhosting.

I don't know what they mean by that what should i do know?

Where is your stats database located? They are saying that your database is not located on their web server and that you should move the stats database to their web server so that the page will load faster.

Originally Posted by ronin*:

Hi

one of my clients is having problems connecting to the db i have provided i have not had anyone else saying they cant get it to work so was hoping you could give me a hand to figure out whats gone wrong here is the error code they are getting .

Thanks Wayne

Code:

[10:01:06 83] BF3 Chat, GUID and Stats Logger Enabled
[10:01:06 83] BF3 Chat, GUID and Stats Logger: Floodprotection set to 10 Request per Round for each Player
[10:01:09 19] [xVotemap] Info: Estimated voting start in 7 minutes, 35 seconds @ 02:08:44
[10:01:09 39] Error in Tablebuilder: 
[10:01:09 39] Message: Authentication to host '216.172.184.95' for user 'wayne_hawes' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Access denied for user 'wayne_hawes'@'109.70.148.109' (using password: YES)
[10:01:09 39] Native: -2147467259
[10:01:09 39] Source: MySql.Data
[10:01:09 39] StackTrace: at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthenticationPlugin.AuthenticationFailed(Exception ex)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthenticationPlugin.ReadPacket()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthenticationPlugin.Authenticate(Boolean reset)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Authenticate(String authMethod, Boolean reset)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
at PRoConEvents.CChatGUIDStatsLoggerBF3.tablebuilder()
[10:01:09 39] InnerException: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Access denied for user 'wayne_hawes'@'109.70.148.109' (using password: YES)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadPacket()
[10:01:09 39] Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[10:01:11 76] Error in Tablebuilder: 
[10:01:11 76] Message: Authentication to host '216.172.184.95' for user 'wayne_hawes' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Access denied for user 'wayne_hawes'@'109.70.148.109' (using password: YES)
[10:01:11 76] Native: -2147467259
[10:01:11 76] Source: MySql.Data
[10:01:11 76] StackTrace: at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthenticationPlugin.AuthenticationFailed(Exception ex)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthenticationPlugin.Authenticate(Boolean reset)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Authenticate(String authMethod, Boolean reset)
[10:01:11 76] InnerException: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Access denied for user 'wayne_hawes'@'109.70.148.109' (using password: YES)
[10:01:11 76] Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[10:01:12 12] Error: getUpdateServerID1: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Authentication to host '216.172.184.95' for user 'wayne_hawes' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Access denied for user 'wayne_hawes'@'109.70.148.109' (using password: YES) ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Access denied for user 'wayne_hawes'@'109.70.148.109' (using password: YES)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthenticationPlugin.AuthenticationFailed(Exception ex)
at PRoConEvents.CChatGUIDStatsLoggerBF3.getUpdateServerID(CServerInfo csiServerInfo)
[10:01:24 60] Error in Tablebuilder: 
[10:01:24 60] Message: Authentication to host '216.172.184.95' for user 'wayne_hawes' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Access denied for user 'wayne_hawes'@'109.70.148.109' (using password: YES)
[10:01:24 60] Native: -2147467259
[10:01:24 60] Source: MySql.Data
[10:01:24 60] StackTrace: at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthenticationPlugin.AuthenticationFailed(Exception ex)
[10:01:24 60] InnerException: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Access denied for user 'wayne_hawes'@'109.70.148.109' (using password: YES)
[10:01:24 60] Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[10:01:24 96] Error: getUpdateServerID1: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Authentication to host '216.172.184.95' for user 'wayne_hawes' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Access denied for user 'wayne_hawes'@'109.70.148.109' (using password: YES) ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Access denied for user 'wayne_hawes'@'109.70.148.109' (using password: YES)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthenticationPlugin.AuthenticationFailed(Exception ex)
at PRoConEvents.CChatGUIDStatsLoggerBF3.getUpdateServerID(CServerInfo csiServerInfo)

Archived