Server Stats page for XpKiller's 'BF3 Chat, GUID, Stats and Mapstats Logger'

ImportBot

Originally Posted by ty_ger07*:

I actually added privileges for my webhosting server to access my VPS MySQL database too... See this...

So my webhost is server01.myhost.co.uk, the user there is kkclan. Why is it saying that kkclan access denied @ local host?

Also it says that procon_stats which is the MySQL database user for the stats is denied access to my webhost ? Almost as if its getting confused because the script is on 1 server and the database on another ? Should that not be the other way around ? myhost.co.uk should be contacting procon_stats surely ?

I found an error.

On line 173, $db[name] should be $db['name'].

I really don't think it will make much of a difference, but it is worth a try.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GGC-Stream is down. :sad: If you are using GGC-Stream in my code, you will see time-out errors.

Cheaters suck. Wish they would quit targeting sites.

Originally Posted by Jaffaman*:

I know it's been asked already by dakeeper on page 6 but is there a way to show all players from the database where you have put it to top 25 i have change it to the top 100 but i would like it to show all the players so maybe adding page links at the bottom so page one would be 1-100 page two would be 100-200 and so on.

Thanks in advance........Jaffaman

I know it's been asked already by dakeeper on page 6 but is there a way to show all players from the database where you have put it to top 25 i have change it to the top 100 but i would like it to show all the players so maybe adding page links at the bottom so page one would be 1-100 page two would be 100-200 and so on.

Thanks in advance........Jaffaman

Yeah, I suppose I will add that feature when I have the chance.

There are a number of improvements I would like to make, but this stats page is low priority for me compared to some of my other responsibilities.

Since GGC-Stream's API response time has been so greatly increased, I also want to add a copy of the GGC-Stream ban list to a table in the stats database so that the copy can be used for 9 out of 10 requests and then have the 10th stats page request re-synch the banlist copy with the original GGC-Stream ban list. This would make GGC-Stream enabled stats pages only load slowly 1 out of 10 times.

This would also help ggc-stream api flood protection issues.

• 2 weeks later...

The code linked to in the first post has been updated.

Changes:

- Search function will look for partial matches

- GGC-Stream Banlist is cached to stats database for faster page loading. It will automatically refresh the cached copy after its 24th use or can be manually refreshed by selecting "refresh ban list".

- Minor code improvements.

The code linked to in the first post has been updated.

Changes:

- Added pagination so that you can scroll through multiple pages of "top players".

Originally Posted by Panther*:

found the mistake at Line 173:

I had to change

mysql_connect($db_host, $db_uname, $db_pass);

mysql_select_db("$db_name") or die ("

Unable to access database. Please notify administrator.
");
to

mysql_connect($db['host'], $db['uname'], $db['pass']);

mysql_select_db("$db[name]") or die ("

");

Hey tiger, not exactly sure what i did wrong, so i am going to ask you:

Old page:

http://www.fallobstclan.de/extern/bf...ayer_stats.php

New page:

http://www.fallobstclan.de/extern/bf..._stats-new.php

New page doesn't want to load.

Both pages are loading for me. :huh:

What issue are you having?

For me, both your old page and new page load pretty slowly (3-4 seconds), so I am wondering if your server has a lot of traffic.

found the mistake at Line 173:

I had to change

mysql_connect($db_host, $db_uname, $db_pass);

mysql_select_db("$db_name") or die ("

");

to

mysql_connect($db['host'], $db['uname'], $db['pass']);

mysql_select_db("$db[name]") or die ("

");
Oh, that is odd.

I changed the connection data from being stored in an array to being stored as individual variables.

It is weird that you need them to be in an array. :huh:

Perhaps it is because you copied and pasted the constants at the top of the old file to the top of the new file and thus did not change them from being stored in an array to being stored as individual variables?

Originally Posted by Panther*:

yeah, thats true. I copy/pasted the upper part and didn't see that you changed something in there :smile:. My fautl hehehee

I thought it is a global problem, because me and another friend have been setting this up. He made a fresh installation and got also some errors at line 173. After clarifing now, I found out he got another error message :ohmy:. His error -message has nothing to do with the script, something he needs to solve :ohmy: but funny how I got confused there :ohmy:.

For those using GGC-Stream ban results:

GGC-Stream started slowing down their rate of reply. I don't know if it is because they are under heavier load then normal or if they have changed something, but now, the exact same page takes about 5 seconds per each GGC-Stream query response compared to less than a second before.

I finally got a response from GGC-Stream more than a month later regarding their change in manual ban list response time for their API. Basically, their reply was that this is a change they have made to reduce their network traffic and they do not plan to go back to faster response times.

It's a good thing that I have already incorporated caching of the GGC-Stream manual bans list into the stats database to relieve the drastic performance drop experienced. :smile:

Originally Posted by GR101*:

I noticed the Server Stats page isn't aware of the new map codes and map names.

XP2_Factory Scrapmetal

XP2_Office Operation 925

XP2_Palace Donya Fortress

XP2_Skybar Ziba Tower

Even after I changed the code to include them, it still doesn't show up, my changes could be wrong or XpKiller's 'BF3 Chat, GUID, Stats and Mapstats Logger' needs updating? Anyway. not sure whats wrong.

changes made:-

$map_array = array('Grand Bazaar'=>'MP_001','Tehran Highway'=>'MP_003','Caspian Border'=>'MP_007','Seine Crossing'=>'MP_011','Operation Firestorm'=>'MP_012','Damavand Peak'=>'MP_013','Noshahar Canals'=>'MP_017','Kharg Island'=>'MP_018','Operation Metro'=>'MP_SUBWAY','Strike at Karkand'=>'XP1_001','Gulf of Oman'=>'XP1_002','Sharqi Peninsula'=>'XP1_003','Wake Island'=>'XP1_004','Scrapmetal'=>'XP2_Factory','Op eration 925'=>'XP2_Office','Donya Fortress'=>'XP2_Palace','Ziba Towe'=>'XP2_Skybar');

I noticed the Server Stats page isn't aware of the new map codes and map names.

XP2_Factory Scrapmetal

XP2_Office Operation 925

XP2_Palace Donya Fortress

XP2_Skybar Ziba Tower

Even after I changed the code to include them, it still doesn't show up, my changes could be wrong or XpKiller's 'BF3 Chat, GUID, Stats and Mapstats Logger' needs updating? Anyway. not sure whats wrong.

changes made:-

$map_array = array('Grand Bazaar'=>'MP_001','Tehran Highway'=>'MP_003','Caspian Border'=>'MP_007','Seine Crossing'=>'MP_011','Operation Firestorm'=>'MP_012','Damavand Peak'=>'MP_013','Noshahar Canals'=>'MP_017','Kharg Island'=>'MP_018','Operation Metro'=>'MP_SUBWAY','Strike at Karkand'=>'XP1_001','Gulf of Oman'=>'XP1_002','Sharqi Peninsula'=>'XP1_003','Wake Island'=>'XP1_004','Scrapmetal'=>'XP2_Factory','Op eration 925'=>'XP2_Office','Donya Fortress'=>'XP2_Palace','Ziba Towe'=>'XP2_Skybar');

I will have to update the code to include the new map names in the array (an easy fix as you see), but double-checking my code, I do not see any constraints which would tell it to only look for the old maps and not include the new maps in the results. With the change you made, you should see the new map displayed on your map stats page if you played the map at least one complete round. If the map won't show up, I would ask XpKiller why it appears that the map isn't being added to the stats database.

That's good to know. :smile:

I will just need to add the new map names to the page so that you can see their friendly name.

Just an idea:

Maybe GR101 has map stats logging disabled in his version of XpKiller's plugin settings so that no map stats are being saved to his stats database.

I will have to update the code to include the new map names in the array (an easy fix as you see), but double-checking my code, I do not see any constraints which would tell it to only look for the old maps and not include the new maps in the results. With the change you made, you should see the new map displayed on your map stats page if you played the map at least one complete round. If the map won't show up, I would ask XpKiller why it appears that the map isn't being added to the stats database.

Yes, you are correct 'MapStats ON' wasn't enabled. Although, I did enable the setting but for some reason it wouldn't stay enabled after a Procon restart. Anyway, second stats page fixed and working now. Thanks for the excellent work here.

http://www.nljf-clan.com/bf3stats/pl...ats_bf3b2k.php

http://www.nljf-clan.com/bf3stats/pl...tats_bf3cq.php

Maybe GR101 has map stats logging disabled in his version of XpKiller's plugin settings so that no map stats are being saved to his stats database.

Yes, you are correct 'MapStats ON' wasn't enabled. Although, I did enable the setting but for some reason it wouldn't stay enabled after a Procon restart. Anyway, second stats page fixed and working now. Thanks for the excellent work here.

I will just need to add the new map names to the page so that you can see their friendly name.

Just an idea:

Yes, you were correct 'MapStats ON' wasn't set. Although, it was set but after a Procon restart it would revert back again. Anyway, second stats page is working now. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Flaxe*:

I can't get it to work with multiple servers together. I want all my four servers to have its stats stored together and not separate for each server. I have changed the Server group to 1 for all servers, but it's only the first server that gets its stats shown on the website.

If you need any more info or if I was unclear with anything, just say so!

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Originally Posted by Athlon*:

I can't get it to work with multiple servers together. I want all my four servers to have its stats stored together and not separate for each server. I have changed the Server group to 1 for all servers, but it's only the first server that gets its stats shown on the website.

I have my plugin working great for two servers. I left both Server Group and Table Suffix to their default values, '0' and blank respectively. 'Server Details' is set up exactly the same for both servers.

If that does not help, you may want to post your settings (and blank out your db name & pword).

This stats page is designed to track stats in only one server at a time. By design, if you want to track more than one server, you should create one file for each server such as stats_server1.php and stats_server2.php and have the settings for each page as necessary to show each server stats page separately. Then, on your website, create some sort of index with a link to eiither so a player can decide which server stats page they want to browse.

I have my plugin working great for two servers. I left both Server Group and Table Suffix to their default values, '0' and blank respectively. 'Server Details' is set up exactly the same for both servers.

If that does not help, you may want to post your settings (and blank out your db name & pword).

Please disregard my post - I thought I was in 'XpKiller's BF3 Chat GUID Stats & Map Logger' thread. Whoops!! :mad:

Originally Posted by Flaxe*:

So the stats from both your servers are gathered into one page? If you play on server 1 and gets 500 Score and then play on server 2 and gets 1000 Score, will it show 1500 Score on your website?

Click this link to see how I've set it up. Everything is exactly the same the other servers - no difference at all.

This stats page is designed to track stats in only one server at a time. By design, if you want to track more than one server, you should create one file for each server such as stats_server1.php and stats_server2.php and have the settings for each page as necessary to show each server stats page separately. Then, on your website, create some sort of index with a link to eiither so a player can decide which server stats page they want to browse.

Hm okay. I will see what Athlon says if it works for him as I would like it to work. Otherwise I will do as you've said, doing some sort of index site with a link to the different server pages. Thought of doing like that before but haven't done it yet because I would like to get it working like I explained earlier instead.

Edit: Ah okay Athlon... I have tried using that website also, but I can't get it to work. It just says the server is offline. Have tried everything I can imagine but it still doesn't work :P

What i meant to say is that ty_ger07 is correct, it can't be done easily with the current code. When I originally answered your question I thought I was in the other thread and that you could not get the stats to be saved in one database. Disregard my answer to you. It doesn't make sense now that I understand what you are trying to do.

What web site doesn't work?

Archived