Insane Limits Requests

ImportBot

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

Yes I would like to see if it is possible to have 2 separate logs.............

one for bans only! ................. and one for kicks only!

I hope this can be done.

Thanks in advance :ohmy:

you need to set the limit action in a code form

it will be easier if you tell us which limits you want to have separated logs so we can give you a code that will log bans and kicks into different logs.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

Yes I would like to see if it is possible to have 2 separate logs.............

one for bans only! ................. and one for kicks only!

I hope this can be done.

Thanks in advance :ohmy:

Ok, now I need to know which kicks and which bans. What needs to be done depends on how the kick/ban is performed.

If you want to track the kicks and bans done in-game with @kick and @ban, I think that is possible with Insane Limits, but I'd have to check if plugins get first crack at all chat or if PRoCon filters. So it is either easy or impossible.

If you want to track the kicks and bans done by an admin using PRoCon UI, like the Player's tab, that's basically impossible for Insane Limits to do.

If you want to track the kicks and bans done by other limits, we'll need to see the code for each one, as Hexacanon noted. Either provide links or copy&paste the code into a post.

Originally Posted by GSMACK*:

Ok, now I need to know which kicks and which bans. What needs to be done depends on how the kick/ban is performed.

If you want to track the kicks and bans done in-game with @kick and @ban, I think that is possible with Insane Limits, but I'd have to check if plugins get first crack at all chat or if PRoCon filters. So it is either easy or impossible.

If you want to track the kicks and bans done by an admin using PRoCon UI, like the Player's tab, that's basically impossible for Insane Limits to do.

If you want to track the kicks and bans done by other limits, we'll need to see the code for each one, as Hexacanon noted. Either provide links or copy&paste the code into a post.

After speaking with hozerdude, what he wants to do is capture & log all kicks/bans performed by all admins on his server regardless if performed via procon gui, rcon, and scripts. I don't think it's possible however I am working with him on altering some of his scripts to better log these activities.

This brings me to a question... is there a command to log via code? We have several scripts where a player is first kicked then banned if violations are repeated. The code cannot return true because of the different scenarios and thus I can't set a Log Action. So, is there something like plugin.Log() to log to a file with a message? If so, whats the correct syntax?

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Keep in mind we are still trying to separate Kicks and Bans in separate log files.

Originally Posted by Singh400*:

After speaking with hozerdude, what he wants to do is capture & log all kicks/bans performed by all admins on his server regardless if performed via procon gui, rcon, and scripts. I don't think it's possible however I am working with him on altering some of his scripts to better log these activities.

This brings me to a question... is there a command to log via code? We have several scripts where a player is first kicked then banned if violations are repeated. The code cannot return true because of the different scenarios and thus I can't set a Log Action. So, is there something like plugin.Log() to log to a file with a message? If so, whats the correct syntax?

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Keep in mind we are still trying to separate Kicks and Bans in separate log files.

It's:-

Code:

plugin.Log("###PATH TO LOG FILE###", plugin.R(##INFO YOU WANT TO LOG##));
Example:-

Code:

plugin.Log("Logs/InsaneLimits_Skill.csv", plugin.R("%date%,%time%,%p_n%,%l_n%,%p_pg%," + player.Skill + ""));

Originally Posted by dyn*:

A couple of ideas:

We have a structure in our group where not every member is an admin. There are times when an admin is needed but there isn't one on to kick / ban a problematic user. I'd purpose a way for our members/trusted regulars to get together and vote to have a user removed from the server. Yes, we have the votekick / ban plugin setup already but what I'm envisioning is a system where not as many votes (configurable) would be required to quickly remove a user. We would have a custom list of members that are able to vote.

Memban = Member Vote Ban

Memkick = Member Vote Kick

So it works like this:

Member A says: !memban Problem-user Reason

So we have the fist vote ban request.....

Member B agrees: !memban Problem-user

This member has seconded the request...

Member C agrees: !memban Problem-user

And the 3rd member has just agreed with the first 2. Problem-user is now banned from the server by PBGUID with the banning member's name attached in the reason.

Edit: It could also pyell / psay to only the other members that are currently connected on the list. This would prevent the problem-user from knowing that a voteban was issued by a member. So when Member A does !memban Problem-user reason it would flash across the other member's screen alerting them to the member started ban.

------------------------

2nd Idea:

I've seen something similar posted to this here in the requests thread... However, mine is a bit different.

I'd like to setup a custom list so when a user who is on the list types certain words in chat (all,squad,team) they will be displayed as a yell in the same manner.

Me, being on the list, types "@scream DROP AMMO" into squad chat, only people in my squad would see it. However, if I were to type "@scream DROP AMMO" into all chat, everyone on the server would see it. The reason for this is I'd like a way for selected users to be able to get others attention but be able to limit it to a certain subset of users.

Thank you for your consideration in this. I definitely don't have the know-how to create limits like this and do thank everyone that has been posting code from the requests of us peons. . :ohmy:

It's:-

Code:

plugin.Log("###PATH TO LOG FILE###", plugin.R(##INFO YOU WANT TO LOG##));
Example:-

Code:

plugin.Log("Logs/InsaneLimits_Skill.csv", plugin.R("%date%,%time%,%p_n%,%l_n%,%p_pg%," + player.Skill + ""));
Thanks, much appreciated!!

Thanks, much appreciated!!

Okay, I have also confirmed that Insane Limits gets to see all chat, so you can write a limit like the following to log in-game commands:

Evaluate OnAnyChat, set Action to None.

Set first_check to this Code:

Code:

if (Regex.Match(player.LastChat, @"^\s*[@!#]kick", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Success) {
    plugin.Log("###YOUR KICK LOG PATH###", "... whatever, presumably player.LastChat and player.FullName ...");
} else if (Regex.Match(player.LastChat, @"^\s*[@!#]t_ban", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Success) {
    plugin.Log("###YOUR BAN LOG PATH###", "... whatever, presumably player.LastChat and player.FullName ...");
}
return false;

A couple of ideas:

We have a structure in our group where not every member is an admin. There are times when an admin is needed but there isn't one on to kick / ban a problematic user. I'd purpose a way for our members/trusted regulars to get together and vote to have a user removed from the server. Yes, we have the votekick / ban plugin setup already but what I'm envisioning is a system where not as many votes (configurable) would be required to quickly remove a user. We would have a custom list of members that are able to vote.

Memban = Member Vote Ban

Memkick = Member Vote Kick

So it works like this:

Member A says: !memban Problem-user Reason

So we have the fist vote ban request.....

Member B agrees: !memban Problem-user

This member has seconded the request...

Member C agrees: !memban Problem-user

And the 3rd member has just agreed with the first 2. Problem-user is now banned from the server by PBGUID with the banning member's name attached in the reason.

Edit: It could also pyell / psay to only the other members that are currently connected on the list. This would prevent the problem-user from knowing that a voteban was issued by a member. So when Member A does !memban Problem-user reason it would flash across the other member's screen alerting them to the member started ban.

------------------------

2nd Idea:

I've seen something similar posted to this here in the requests thread... However, mine is a bit different.

I'd like to setup a custom list so when a user who is on the list types certain words in chat (all,squad,team) they will be displayed as a yell in the same manner.

Me, being on the list, types "@scream DROP AMMO" into squad chat, only people in my squad would see it. However, if I were to type "@scream DROP AMMO" into all chat, everyone on the server would see it. The reason for this is I'd like a way for selected users to be able to get others attention but be able to limit it to a certain subset of users.

Thank you for your consideration in this. I definitely don't have the know-how to create limits like this and do thank everyone that has been posting code from the requests of us peons. . :ohmy:

First the bad news. The 2nd idea is not possible with the current version of Insane Limits. It may not be possible with PRoCon at all. It depends on whether the audience for the say event is passed to plugins. In any case, Insane Limits doesn't tell the audience to limit code.

Now the good news. The first idea is easy. I'll post it in a new thread when I get a chance.

Okay, I have also confirmed that Insane Limits gets to see all chat, so you can write a limit like the following to log in-game commands:

Evaluate OnAnyChat, set Action to None.

Set first_check to this Code:

Code:

if (Regex.Match(player.LastChat, @"^\s*[@!#]kick", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Success) {
    plugin.Log("###YOUR KICK LOG PATH###", "... whatever, presumably player.LastChat and player.FullName ...");
} else if (Regex.Match(player.LastChat, @"^\s*[@!#]t_ban", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Success) {
    plugin.Log("###YOUR BAN LOG PATH###", "... whatever, presumably player.LastChat and player.FullName ...");
}
return false;
This is awesome!! One last thing then I let this go .... anyway to capture the Kick Reason or Ban Reason in the Log entry? Or is that what player.LastChat holds?

Thanks for the help!!

This is awesome!! One last thing then I let this go .... anyway to capture the Kick Reason or Ban Reason in the Log entry? Or is that what player.LastChat holds?

Thanks for the help!!

The command, the target player and the reason should be in player.LastChat. While player.FullName is the player typing the command.

Now the good news. The first idea is easy. I'll post it in a new thread when I get a chance.

Hmm, turned out to be harder than I thought. I have a cut at it, but there are some issues. Check it out:

...*

Issues:

* Only one command vote at a time and it lasts for the whole round. A time limit is possible, but it would require a separate limit and this one is already long and complicated.

* If the vote fails, there is no way to cancel it. Maybe add a !cancel command? Or maybe consider a no vote as a veto that automatically cancels? If any VIP says no, all the VIPs should discuss and try again if needed, right? This all goes away if there is a time limit.

Originally Posted by Learning-Curve*:

Notwithstanding papa's coding eloquence you also have the punk buster option of assigning players power points giving regulars more authority during votes as opposed to regular players. Eg 3 power players at 35ppoints each would result in vote succeeding, whereas you might need 40 regular votes from non power players etc etc Or maybe IL can accomplish same thing varied power or authority...

Notwithstanding papa's coding eloquence you also have the punk buster option of assigning players power points giving regulars more authority during votes as opposed to regular players. Eg 3 power players at 35ppoints each would result in vote succeeding, whereas you might need 40 regular votes from non power players etc etc Or maybe IL can accomplish same thing varied power or authority...

I forgot all about that. I agree that it could be used for @dyn idea #1.

Just looked into power points by EB and am not seeing much on this for BF3.

Hmm, turned out to be harder than I thought. I have a cut at it, but there are some issues. Check it out:

...*

Issues:

* Only one command vote at a time and it lasts for the whole round. A time limit is possible, but it would require a separate limit and this one is already long and complicated.

* If the vote fails, there is no way to cancel it. Maybe add a !cancel command? Or maybe consider a no vote as a veto that automatically cancels? If any VIP says no, all the VIPs should discuss and try again if needed, right? This all goes away if there is a time limit.

Ah I see now. I like the solution of a veto automatically canceling out the vote. If there is even one VIP who thinks the user shouldn't be banned... he shouldn't be banned. ;P

I will have to give this a go-ahead when I'm able to.

BTW: Congrats on 1,000!!!!!! :cool:

Originally Posted by Learning-Curve*:

Just looked into power points by EB and am not seeing much on this for BF3. QUOTE]

Hmmm well I just went there and it appears to have everything you are looking for.

http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php_...upport-bf3.php

Once there click on Online Manuals for punkbuster admins

http://www.punkbuster.com/publicatio...c-ad/index.htm

Then scroll down to Remote Console Facility and it lays it all out for you for BF3...

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

does the server report if double xp was enabled or not ? was wondering if it was possible to have different anti-hack limits depending if the event is enabled or not.

Originally Posted by Cheezis_Chrust*:

It's Singh's limit so I'll let him modify it, but the basic code necessary to intersect the admin_list of names with the list of current player names is as follows:

Code:

// We have to do this backwards, for every player in the server, check against the admin_list
List<String> adminsPlaying = new List<String>();
foreach (PlayerInfoInterface p in team1.players) {
    if (plugin.isInList(p.Name, "admin_list")) adminsPlaying.Add(p.Name);
}
foreach (PlayerInfoInterface p in team2.players) {
}
if (team3.players.Count > 0) foreach (PlayerInfoInterface p in team3.players) {
}
if (team4.players.Count > 0) foreach (PlayerInfoInterface p in team4.players) {
}

// Example of how to use the adminsPlaying list
String adminMsg = "List of admins: ";
bool needsComma = false;
if (adminsPlaying.Count == 0) {
    adminMsg = adminMsg + "none at the moment";
} else foreach (String name in adminsPlaying) {
    if (needsComma) adminMsg = adminMsg + ", ";
    adminMsg = adminMsg + name;
    needsComma = true;
}
That exactly what I was looking for, but it seems I don't understand it as well as I thought.

Where would I put this section of code into Singh's snippet to make it work? Sorry for the stupid questions.

To clarify: As of right now the check for admin command only returns a positive if I'm in there - my other admins aren't in the query, and therefore aren't counted. If I could query admin_list instead, it would fix that.

Just looked into power points by EB and am not seeing much on this for BF3. QUOTE]

Hmmm well I just went there and it appears to have everything you are looking for.

http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php_...upport-bf3.php

Once there click on Online Manuals for punkbuster admins

http://www.punkbuster.com/publicatio...c-ad/index.htm

Then scroll down to Remote Console Facility and it lays it all out for you for BF3...

I did read this. However, I never saw any method to enable users (without rcon access) to issue commands.

does the server report if double xp was enabled or not ? was wondering if it was possible to have different anti-hack limits depending if the event is enabled or not.

No. We can't even tell if players are Premium or not.

Originally Posted by utopiate*:

Keep in mind that the only time PRoCon knows when someone uses a type of weapon is when they kill someone with it. So what you can track is who is killing with sniper rifles and how many times they do it. Given that information, you can control the number of players in one of three ways:

Option 1) First-come, first-served. In my opinion, this approach sucks, but I've seen it used. Basically, whoever the first three players are to kill someone with a sniper rifle are the only ones that can continue to use it for the rest of the round. Everyone else gets killed or kicked, whatever.

Option 2) Pre-defined list. You have a list of player names and only they can use sniper rifles. Everyone else gets killed/kicked.

Option 3) Lottery. You have @iwannasnipe command. No one can use sniper rifles in the beginning of the round, if they do, they are killed/kicked. Everyone who wants to use one types in the @iwannasnipe (or whatever) command for a set period of time. At the end of the time limit, the plugin picks 2 or 3 randomly (per team or regardless of teams_) and announces in a yell. They are the only ones that can kill with a sniper rifle, everyone else is killed/kicked. This is the least bad option, but it's still not good, in my opinion.

So what do you want?

Hey papa, I did reply to this but realise you must be busy. If you do get time could you help me out?

many thanks

Originally Posted by aduh*:

PapaCharlie9 maybe you could try to made a limit similar to Xtrem Weapon Limiter*[bF3] ?

This is the only one plugin with active weapon limits on BF3. Unfortunately after latest patches it isn't work anymore.

What it does is limit usage of selected weapons in the team. For example on our server there was a limit for USAS - 1 per team.

Only 1 player in a team could play with USAS, another player with that weapon was punished by kill/kick.

It's a pity that Xtrem Weapon Limite not working anymore. Could you try ?

Hey papa, I did reply to this but realise you must be busy. If you do get time could you help me out?

many thanks

I wrote that limit for you a week ago. See post #208:

Okay, I wrote it up. It is here, don't worry, it is for snipers:

Insane Limits V0.8/R1: Player Permission Lottery*

PapaCharlie9 maybe you could try to made a limit similar to Xtrem Weapon Limiter*[bF3] ?

This is the only one plugin with active weapon limits on BF3. Unfortunately after latest patches it isn't work anymore.

What it does is limit usage of selected weapons in the team. For example on our server there was a limit for USAS - 1 per team.

Only 1 player in a team could play with USAS, another player with that weapon was punished by kill/kick.

It's a pity that Xtrem Weapon Limite not working anymore. Could you try ?

Don't you guys read my posts? I already did that:

The example is for sniper rifles, but it can be changed to other weapons easily.

Originally Posted by aduh*:

Don't you guys read my posts? I already did that:

The example is for sniper rifles, but it can be changed to other weapons easily.

It is interesting limit but it's not exactly what I want ...

On TDM server with intensive gameplaye there is no time for console playing.

Players loads to the server and they want to take a waepon and come to play.

We have restricted alll shotguns, M320, claymores ... With this lottery limit we will have to made tutorial for all these weapons on our forum.

Regarding:

Thank you very much for your patience, you have a beer you really should get, but I am also very happy to ask you to drink, I was a team from China to limit the need to use this plug-in, because my English is not verygood, so for this plug-in command, for me, is very difficult,

I want to set one of RANK

Pressure their base will be killed, that is, nuclear explosion, and then prompts the countdown, as some servers as a countdown prompt

3.M320 N26 BUG weapons used will be killed

I just want these types of settings, my friend, English is not good, really sorry

The first one is easy. See this link:

Simple Rank Limit*

If you really mean Rank lower than 45, change the Expression to:

Code:

( player.Rank < 45 )
The next one, about base and nuclear explosion, I'm guessing you want to nuke the team that is camping the losing team's base? You can use the limit here at this link:

Insane Limits V0.8/R5: Vote to nuke camping/base raping team (CQ/Rush)*

Let me know if you have any trouble understanding the instructions in the links.

The third one about M320, I am not sure what "N26 BUG" means. I think all the bugs with M320 are fixed now. Please say more about what you mean for this one.

It is interesting limit but it's not exactly what I want ...

On TDM server with intensive gameplaye there is no time for console playing.

Players loads to the server and they want to take a waepon and come to play.

We have restricted alll shotguns, M320, claymores ... With this lottery limit we will have to made tutorial for all these weapons on our forum.

What do you mean by "all shotguns, M320, claymores"? Only one member of each team gets to use each of those? How do you decide who gets to use them, whoever uses them first?

How to you insure that there is fairness? If it is first-come, first-served, the person with the fastest computer and fastest internet connection will always get the weapon (unless a later joiners gets lucky and gets a kill before the first joiner). Is that fair?

Or are you saying you don't allow use of shotguns, M320 or claymores at all. If that's all you want, that's a one-liner Expression in Insane Limits, for example: myrcon.net/...insane-limits-examples#entry18421

BTW, I think it's funny that you think your players are so intense that they can't type "!m320" or "!clay" into chat. Are you telling me your chat.log is empty round after round? Somehow, I doubt it.

Originally Posted by superman50*:

HI, Hello, I would like to set up a nuclear explosion of plug-ins, against each other to suppress the base, then the countdown prompts, does this plug-in how to set up?

Originally Posted by droopie*:

any update on the following:

-automatic restarting the server completly.

-display in chat the number of kills with X weapon (PLAYER has 5 claymore kills) and count by like 5's

-kick high pingers?

-display in chat a DOUBLE, TRIPLE, and so on... within like 1 second? i remember the problem was if they get 3 kills within a second it would first show a double kill followed by the triple kill message. i think a good way around this (if possible) is to get "if total of kills = " before displaying the message. so the messages wont be live or instant but quick enough so its not a huge delay on getting the 3 kills then displaying the message for that total.

Originally Posted by Singh400*:

-automatic restarting the server completely.

See ...*.

-display in chat the number of kills with X weapon (PLAYER has 5 claymore kills) and count by like 5's

It has been done, and there are various examples posted.

-kick high pingers?

Even though there is no benefit to kicking high ping players - see ...*.

-display in chat a DOUBLE, TRIPLE, and so on... within like 1 second? i remember the problem was if they get 3 kills within a second it would first show a double kill followed by the triple kill message. i think a good way around this (if possible) is to get "if total of kills = " before displaying the message. so the messages wont be live or instant but quick enough so its not a huge delay on getting the 3 kills then displaying the message for that total.

It has been done, and there are various examples posted.

Archived