Currency v3.0.1.1: Bounties & Mugging! (Updated: 06/06/2012)

ImportBot

Originally Posted by Cornholio*:

Sorry - misunderstood you.

Currency is working for you except for that message?

I'm baffled if that is so. I must say I'm not an MySQL expert, so I don't know why you would be getting that message.

Having said that, '3D000' is a bad catalog error. It's as though the database is not there, not created or Procon doesn't have permissions to use it if it is there.

Strange :smile:

I'm connecting to the DB by using the root account,

Anyways, its working fine.... just one errormessage at startup :smile:

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by dyn*:

download works fine for me. however everything seems to be bugging out.

I'm particularly interested in getting reserved slots to work. Upon setting it up, the user's name is not added to the list.

Using:

@reserve

ReserveAdd, Buyer, 1, Months

Output is: Bucks: USER just purchased a Item 1 for 5000 $. She has 21020 $ left.

So it's seeing the command is being issued, just noting is being done.

I was able to make it do an ADMIN say one time. Now it's just not even returning anything.

Originally Posted by Athlon*:

download works fine for me. however everything seems to be bugging out.

I'm particularly interested in getting reserved slots to work. Upon setting it up, the user's name is not added to the list.

Using:

@reserve

ReserveAdd, Buyer, 1, Months

Output is: Bucks: USER just purchased a Item 1 for 5000 $. She has 21020 $ left.

So it's seeing the command is being issued, just noting is being done.

I was able to make it do an ADMIN say one time. Now it's just not even returning anything.

Unfortunately reserved slots are not working with the latest version. They will be fixed in the next release. Everything else in the Shop should be working for you however.

Invalid Attachment, Anyone else getting this?

I had no idea what you meant. I thought you were referring to an error message from the plugin.

Fixed it

Click on the 'Currency-3-0-1-1.zip (18.5 KB, 106 views)' link NOT the attachment

Thank you for clarifying. I'll see if I can remove that confusing wordage from my first post.

Originally Posted by usbigoil*:

I am also having this error , I also double checked the dbase connection info - however there are no tables created in the database. It is remoteley hosted at godaddy:

error is-

Currency error: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [iM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHa ndle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)

Thanks for your help here.

^^

I think you missed a step here (MySQL Connector/ODBC Installation and Configuration - Creating a DSN connection):

www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...-Configuration*

To create a DSN for your connection, go to "Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Data Sources(ODBC)".

There's a System DSN tab there for DSN's that any user that logs on can access.

Click Create New... the rest is quite self explanatory........

At the end of creating the connection there's a "Test" button somewhere that opens and closes the connection for you to see whether it's valid configuration.

Originally Posted by GSMACK*:

Can anyone help with the following error I am getting installing Currency?

I have

- Currency v3.0.1.1

- Procon 1.3.0.0

- A remote MySQL 5.1 Database setup and configured for Remote Access

- System DNS ODBC Connection setup and test successful (see screenshot below)

- In Currency I have the MySQL IP, Database name, UserName, & Password filled out appropiately

Yet I receive the following error on start-up or enabling of the plugin:

Code:

[16:35:15 73] Currency error: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcConnection connection, OdbcConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle environmentHandle)
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen..ctor(OdbcConnection outerConnection, OdbcConnectionString connectionOptions)
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()
   at PRoConEvents.Currency.OnPluginEnable()
[16:35:15 73] Currency Enabled!
Notice in the error message it looks like it's trying to connect to localhost instead of my server IP - "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)....". I've tried this on two separate machines now with the same result.

Here's a screenshot of the error in action.

No database tables are created and it doesn't appear to be working at all.

Anythoughts?

The 'HY000' error is a permissions issue. Check in your 'My Remote MySQL' to make sure your IP is allowed.

By 'your IP' I mean the IP your ISP is giving you. And that raises another issue - if you don't have a static IP provided by your ISP you may continue to have issues connecting to your MySQL on your MySQL provider's machine.

I'm assuming you are hosting your database off of your machine, because I can see the beginning if an IP address in your screenshot. If you have the database on your computer, you should be using 'localhost', likely eliminating this problem.

Hosting the database on your computer may not be a bad idea anyway. That's how we do it........

Originally Posted by GSMACK*:

The 'HY000' error is a permissions issue. Check in your 'My Remote MySQL' to make sure your IP is allowed.

By 'your IP' I mean the IP your ISP is giving you. And that raises another issue - if you don't have a static IP provided by your ISP you may continue to have issues connecting to your MySQL on your MySQL provider's machine.

I'm assuming you are hosting your database off of your machine, because I can see the beginning if an IP address in your screenshot. If you have the database on your computer, you should be using 'localhost', likely eliminating this problem.

Hosting the database on your computer may not be a bad idea anyway. That's how we do it........

All valid points. The IP you see is a static IP pointed at a domain online hosting the MySQL Database. A separate database was created with a % wildcard allowing all domains to remotely connect. I am able to connect to this database and run queries from my desktop remotely (off premises). I know that the connection is valid and working.

I do not have static IP from my ISP, however I am not sure that matters as the database IP is static.

In the meantime I have setup MySQL locally and have connected to it via localhost from Currency, however I want the data made available to a web presence online (which is where the MySQL is located). Storing the data locally isn't ideal for me as I would then have to jimmy-rig a situation where I am constantly pushing data up to the web-presence to keep it updated.

I really think the underlying issue is that Currency isn't picking up the Hostname/IP config setting and defaulting to 'localhost', which works in many situations where its hosted online or ran on local machines.

Thanks for any help.

Originally Posted by Petrovpoo*:

Quick question. is it possible to add negative values to certain conditions.

eg. Each kill with a RPG earns you negative money to discourage their use in game? Also would it be possible to add a condition that will kick a player when they fall below a certain amount of money or when they enter negative money?

Great work by the way, the boys in my squad have been having a great giggle when playing with this plugin!

All valid points. The IP you see is a static IP pointed at a domain online hosting the MySQL Database. A separate database was created with a % wildcard allowing all domains to remotely connect. I am able to connect to this database and run queries from my desktop remotely (off premises). I know that the connection is valid and working.

I do not have static IP from my ISP, however I am not sure that matters as the database IP is static.

In the meantime I have setup MySQL locally and have connected to it via localhost from Currency, however I want the data made available to a web presence online (which is where the MySQL is located). Storing the data locally isn't ideal for me as I would then have to jimmy-rig a situation where I am constantly pushing data up to the web-presence to keep it updated.

I really think the underlying issue is that Currency isn't picking up the Hostname/IP config setting and defaulting to 'localhost', which works in many situations where its hosted online or ran on local machines.

Thanks for any help.

I'm a bit stumped. I will say however that Currency does not 'default' to 'localhost'. I'm not a MySQL expert by any means, but I can say that the error you are getting is a permissions error. Somewhere in your chain there is something missing. When I say static IP I'm referring to your computer (the one running Procon), by the way.

Did Currency create the tables on your database? If so you had at least a momentary connection. If not triple check your user name and password.

Check with your database hosting provider to see if they are blocking your Procon's machine. Sometimes they don't like the constant activity.

Is your Procon Sandbox off? Try turning it off if it is not off.

Quick question. is it possible to add negative values to certain conditions.

eg. Each kill with a RPG earns you negative money to discourage there use in game? Also would it be possible to add a condition that will kick a player when they fall below a certain amount of money or when they enter negative money?

Great work by the way, the boys in my squad have been having a great giggle when playing with this plugin!

Glad you like it.

I like the negative number idea for using certain weapons. I may put that into a future release. Kicking for running out of money is another interesting idea, but could be very annoying for 'public' players on your server (IMHO). I'll put that on my 'to-do' list as well.

Originally Posted by Petrovpoo*:

I think if using kick for negative was used sensibly ie. a large negative then it could work. It's not as if they aren't warned when using a weapon that will accrue negative dollars.

As long as admins lay out the rules to players before hand then players will know they have the risk of being kicked.

It's part of the game, the same as players being able to spend money on kicking or even banning a player.

^^^

No, I had no plans to do that. The color scheme and stuff go with my clan's web site, so I'd have to publish it with variables and instructions, and I didn't plan the code that way.

I suppose I could put some of the code here if there is a demand............

Originally Posted by mtnkodiak*:

^^^

No, I had no plans to do that. The color scheme and stuff go with my clan's web site, so I'd have to publish it with variables and instructions, and I didn't plan the code that way.

I suppose I could put some of the code here if there is a demand............

I would sure like to see it, if only for educational purposes. Does this mean that your currency plugin streams http/php code into a web-accessible file? Or sends it to a remote server somehow?

I have been wondering how I could do that-- having the current currency totals available (for like the top-10 players) on our web site would be awesome. As it is, I just cut and paste from MySQL Workbench into a forum post. Very low-tech. :ohmy:

^^

The plugin does not 'stream'. The web pages are PHP, and they call the MySQL database for the data and display it. See the links in my sig for some examples of the end result. Look at our home page, as well as the pages showing complete records.

I'll post some stuff with examples about how it works in the next day or so when I get some time. I'm crazy busy here atm.

Originally Posted by Quicksplice*:

Here's my issue:

My Procon Layer is hosted by gameservers.com

My mySQL is setup and hosted via www.hostgator.com which host my site http://www.quicksplice.net

I entered in the IP address in the Procon Layer with the correct database name, user, and password.

I also authorized remote access to mySQL from the Procon Layer IP address.

I rebooted the Procon Layer and Enabled the plugin and got:

Currency error: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [iM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHa ndle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcCo nnection connection, OdbcConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle environmentHandle)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen..ctor(OdbcConn ection outerConnection, OdbcConnectionString connectionOptions)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConne ction(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.Creat eNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetCo nnection(DbConnection owningConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()

at PRoConEvents.Currency.SetCurrency(Int32 strCC, String strSoldierName)

Is there a way to remove ODBC from your Currency Script? Or what am I doing wrong? Running this via direct or on my own computer is out of the question.

Originally Posted by Quicksplice*:

^^

No - won't remove the ODBC Driver requirement.

Unfortunately Gameservers is the one Procon host that will not allow any database type plugins, Currency included. :mad:

So should I just put procon on my hostgator.com server?

A few of you have asked for the PHP web pages I use to display the stats & =WH= Bucks (currency) we accumulate from our servers.  (See the links in my sig for our web site & pages I just referenced.)

I'm going to show you the code for our =WH= Bucks page.

This is the link to the actual page: =WH= Bucks

Edited by maxdralle
  • 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Hutchew*:

Show plugin console spam?

Change this to No if you want to disable plugin console spam. Currency spams the plugin console when people mug each other, buy items, get paid from payroll, etc. Note: This option is currently disabled and set to Yes. You cannot change it to No. The console shows only important Currency activity. The text in the console is not the same as what appears in-game.

Love the plugin, having a lot of fun with it on two servers now. Thanks for all your efforts!

BUT........ Is there not any way to kill this console spam? It's really getting in the way of much more important stuff, especially on a very busy server.

Thanks!

Hutchew