Currency v3.0.1.1: Bounties & Mugging! (Updated: 06/06/2012)

ImportBot

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by mtnkodiak*:

Fun plugin, and thanks for posting the html/php code.

I have a question about the bounties. It looks like we have an "empty" bounty that is "stuck". When I enter "!bounty", it lists one bounty for 9000 bucks on an apparently "empty" playername. I can't figure out how to get rid of it! Any ideas?

bf3 2012-08-26 09-25-43-68.jpg

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by Athlon*:

^^^

That's an odd one.

'Bounties' are remembered until the server and/or Procon is restarted.

The next time your server is empty, restart your Procon Layer. Let me know if that clears it up for you.....

I just checked it, and now it reports no bounties! Whatever it was, it figured it out on its own. :smile:

Ah, good to know that restarting our main procon will reset bounties too. I do like that it 'holds' them across multiple games, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by rlcale*:

I love the plugin, but I am having a small problem I think. is the moneys you earn in currency carried over from game to game, basicly is it saved for future use. in a game I earn currency and can use it in that round. in the next round any money I thought I had left from the previous round is gone. balance is set to 0. am I not setting something correctly? thanks for any help.

Roger

^^^

Currency is indeed carried over from game to game. Currency is saved in your database, and used in subsequent games. Does your database show any entries?

I don't know what could be wrong in your case - you have to provide me with your settings for me to help.

I will be glad to supply you with my settings, what ones do you need? I rent a hosted web site and they supplied me with mysql and all I did to create the database was to supply a name for the database, user name, password and user rights. I'll supply you with whatever you need as I realy like the plugin and want to use it correctly and supply my users with a working product. Thank You for your help.

Roger

^^^

1) Who is your host provider?

2) Double check your setup, making sure your user Hostname/IP is correct (use IP address if the database is not where your Procon Layer is

3) Make sure your UserName & Passwords are correct (usually case sensitive)

4) Make sure the name of your database is correct (should be the exactly the same as the one you likely created from your host's Control Panel)

Answer # 1 for me and do 2 through 4, and we'll go from there.

ok here's an update, the plugin will store amounts between levels and even if you leave the game and come back, however if you have to reset the server for any reason it's all lost. I am using the same database that I use for BF3 Chat, GUID, stats and map logger v1.0.0.7 and none of the stats info in the database is ever lost even if you have to restart the server for what ever reason, but the currency info will be lost. I'm running currency v3.0.1.1. Thanks for the help

Originally Posted by GSMACK*:

Hi Athlon,

Love this script. It has truly added extra fun and incentives for all while playing the game. I was actually playing on your server the other day and a few questions surfaced.

1) Have you found a Team Killing add-on that plays nice with Currency? Meaning, teamkills/muggings do not collect bounties and mugging values. What would be ideal is a !punish that deducts Currency values and no loss of bounties/mugging values on team kills.

2) While playing on your server an obvious jet hack was ruining the game for others. There was some confusion on how to engage a votekick and how to actually vote. What votekick add-on are using? How does it work in relation to Currency? Does a votekick remove the bounty or deduct currency values?

3) I am consistently seeing times when a player dies while executing a mugging (e.g. repair tool) and all heck breaks lose with Currency script. As you can see in the image below, it thinks I mugged myself because I died while performing a repair tool mugging. I've also seen bounties collected by nobody because a player died while falling or crashing. Not suicide, but in game mishaps.

frag_points.jpg

4) The database currently records playernames, guid, and CC values. Would it possible to include a lastUpdated date so that stale values can be purged. I hate having a leaderboard with values from players who haven't visited the site recently (30 days). I can manually purge the data myself, but it's difficult without a datestamp for reference. Sort of like somebody winning two hands of poker then leaving. I want a chance to win my points back. lol

5) In addition to #4, It would be great to also record muggings. I'd like to be able to also display a rank of # of muggings and $$ from muggings. I know this isn't possible now, but could be achieved if the following were recorded in a separate table:

mugger_id(id from tbl_currrency)

victim_id (id from tbl_currrency)

weapon

cc_value

date

With this data queries could easily be written to display what I want. Just a thought. :smile:

As a point of reference, I am running the following:

Currency v3.0.1.1

Procon + WAMP locally on a dedicated box

Scheduled tasks that push the data to our webhost every 15 minutes

Webdisplay for ($Frag Points): http://fragoutzone.com/index.php_page=fragpoints

Hope you consider the above as constructive suggestions. I am not finger pointing flaws, just hoping to help make a better script in the next release.

1) Have you found a Team Killing add-on that plays nice with Currency? Meaning, teamkills/muggings do not collect bounties and mugging values. What would be ideal is a !punish that deducts Currency values and no loss of bounties/mugging values on team kills.

No - but a future release will not allow you to collect for TKing

2) While playing on your server an obvious jet hack was ruining the game for others. There was some confusion on how to engage a votekick and how to actually vote. What votekick add-on are using? How does it work in relation to Currency? Does a votekick remove the bounty or deduct currency values?

We don't have !votekick enabled on our server

3) I am consistently seeing times when a player dies while executing a mugging (e.g. repair tool) and all heck breaks lose with Currency script. As you can see in the image below, it thinks I mugged myself because I died while performing a repair tool mugging. I've also seen bounties collected by nobody because a player died while falling or crashing. Not suicide, but in game mishaps.

frag_points.jpg

We don't see that - don't know why you do. Make sure you don't select 'Roadkill' as a mugging weapon though

4) The database currently records playernames, guid, and CC values. Would it possible to include a lastUpdated date so that stale values can be purged. I hate having a leaderboard with values from players who haven't visited the site recently (30 days). I can manually purge the data myself, but it's difficult without a datestamp for reference. Sort of like somebody winning two hands of poker then leaving. I want a chance to win my points back. lol

Will consider it for the future

5) In addition to #4, It would be great to also record muggings. I'd like to be able to also display a rank of # of muggings and $$ from muggings. I know this isn't possible now, but could be achieved if the following were recorded in a separate table:

mugger_id(id from tbl_currrency)

victim_id (id from tbl_currrency)

weapon

cc_value

date

With this data queries could easily be written to display what I want. Just a thought. :smile:

Will consider it for the future

As a point of reference, I am running the following:

Currency v3.0.1.1

Procon + WAMP locally on a dedicated box

Scheduled tasks that push the data to our webhost every 15 minutes

Webdisplay for ($Frag Points): http://fragoutzone.com/index.php_page=fragpoints

Hope you consider the above as constructive suggestions. I am not finger pointing flaws, just hoping to help make a better script in the next release.

Thank you for your input.

Originally Posted by usbigoil*:

I am having trouble getting it to connect to database, it is funny though that the database is there , but has no tables.

:: at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen..ctor(OdbcConn ection outerConnection, OdbcConnectionString connectionOptions)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConne ction(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.Creat eNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetCo nnection(DbConnection owningConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()

at PRoConEvents.Currency.OnPluginEnable()

[11:16:41 50] Currency Enabled!

[11:16:41 98] Vote Ban BF3 Enabled!

[11:16:42 12] [Anu5Admin]: Enabled!

[11:16:59 69] xVotemap Enabled!

[11:16:59 73] AntiStatspadding: Enabled!

[11:16:59 73] SquadEnforcer: Enabled!

[11:17:03 44] [xVotemap] Info: Not last round. Stopping voting system.

[11:17:03 45] [xVotemap] Error: EXCEPTION CAUGHT IN: SetVoteStartAndEndTimes

[11:17:03 46] [xVotemap] Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[11:17:04 19] Currency error: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [iM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHa ndle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcCo nnection connection, OdbcConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle environmentHandle)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen..ctor(OdbcConn ection outerConnection, OdbcConnectionString connectionOptions)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConne ction(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.Creat eNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetCo nnection(DbConnection owningConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)

at PRoConEvents.Currency.CheckAccountByName(String strSoldierName)

[11:17:04 20] Currency error: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [iM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHa ndle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcCo nnection connection, OdbcConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle environmentHandle)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen..ctor(OdbcConn ection outerConnection, OdbcConnectionString connectionOptions)

at PRoConEvents.Currency.CreateSQLAccount(String strGuid, String strSoldierName)

[11:29:20 74] Currency Disabled! D:

[11:29:22 02] Currency error: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [iM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

[11:29:22 03] Currency Enabled!

[11:29:44 89] Currency error: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [iM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

[11:29:44 90] Currency error: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [iM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

at PRoConEvents.Currency.CreateSQLAccount(String strGuid, String strSoldierName)

[11:40:14 89] Currency Disabled! D:

[11:40:18 36] Currency error: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [iM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

[11:40:18 37] Currency Enabled!

[11:40:23 71] Currency error: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [iM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

[11:40:23 72] Currency error: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [iM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

at PRoConEvents.Currency.CreateSQLAccount(String strGuid, String strSoldierName)::

Any ideas what is the problem?

Originally Posted by CPx4*:

Hi usbigoil,

The problem is that ProCon doesn't know "how" to talk to a MySQL database, even if you put in the right Name/User/Pw/DB. So, on the computer that is running the plugin, you'll need to install an "ODBC" driver.

1) You'll want to get the right ODBC driver for your system over at MySQL.com (link)

2) Then, you need to configure it. Scroll all the way down to the "MySQL Connector/ODBC Installation and Configuration" section of this post created by blactionhero (link)*

- CPx4

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted by GSMACK*:

I notice there isn't a port setting for the DB set up section. How do I set it up for port, for a remote DB?

Open up Currency.cs in a text editor after you've backed up a copy.

Search and find each occurrence of "3306" and change to the port number you need. You will will find 7 separate instances where the odbc connection string is defined and contains the port number.

Originally Posted by Repoman*:

Ok got it working, I was wondering if their is a way to set an option something like mugging option so that if someone TK's it would take and give a set amount to the player that was team killed by the team killer for funeral expenses.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying this plugin, thanks for writing it. :smile:

I am seeing a problem with the shop's items getting wiped. It has happened a couple times now, and it's a major pain entering in all the items all over again using procon's UI. It still keeps the same number of shop items, but resets all the names to "Item 1" and so on, and resets all the costs to "100" and resets all the commands and descriptions to default values.

Where are the store item contents stored? I'd like to be able to hand-edit the data, as well as back it up for the next time this happens.

Thanks.

Your settings should be being saved in the file [your-server's-ip-address_port.cfg]. (For example, one of mine is 216.155.140.23_25200.cfg)

The file can be found in the Configs directory of your Procon Layer installation. Open the file with Notepad and do a text search for 'Currency' and you will see everything there.

Excellent! Thanks for the infos!

EDIT:

OK, I can't figure this out. I found previous .cfg files in the Backups dir, so I could find the previous settings easily. So...

Procon's running on a buddy's server, and I am remoting in using windows remote desktop. So, I am on the master procon machine.

I shut down procon.

I change the .cfg file by hand, using a text editor, adding in all 13 items that we have in our !shop (as well as setting the number of items to 13), save the file, and exit the editor.

I restart procon, and wait for it to load the plugins.

The Currency store values are all reset again in procon.

I open up the .cfg file again, and all 13 items are cleared out! WTF?

I can change the NUMBER of items in the shop in the .cfg file using a text editor, then save it, and when procon starts, it DOES update the number of items. But all the item values are default values. (For instance, I can set the number of items to 3 in the .cfg, and remove all but 3 entries, and then when procon comes up, currency page shows three items in the shop, but all item values are still reset.)

Wtf, over?

--mtn k

1) Do any of your members also run Procon on their computers (or do you_).

2) Is your buddy's Procon running as the layer? If not, and the answer to #1 is yes then you are confusing your server by multiple people logging into the server with Procon as 'top' level admins.

Your buddy's Procon should be the only one logged into the server, and then everyone else logs into your buddy's Procon with their Procon.

If set up properly and he gives you admin rights, you won't need remote desktop anymore. You will log into his Procon with yours. Then you can use the Parent Layer Control Tab on your local Procon to make changes on his Procon Layer.

3) Do your other plugins retain their settings if YOU make changes to them like you are with Currency?

1) Yep, two of us connect to this one machine running procon. But we are set up right-- we log into the master machine as remote layers-- we both have "Parent Layer Control" tabs, not a "Plugins" tab. HOWEVER, I am remote-desktop connecting to the master machine and running procon there when I am making all of the changes as noted in previous post.

2) Nope, my buddy's procon is the "master procon" that we connect to as users. It, in turn, connects directly to the server IP.

3) Yes. I just tried changing a binary setting for a different plugin (using an editor, restarting procon) and it worked. Currency keeps OTHER settings OK when I change them using an editor, as well (I just changed the currency name as a sanity check). Just not the store contents.

PRoCon 1.4.0.0

Windows 7 64 bit (client)

Windows XP SP3 (server)

Currency v3.0.1.1

edit: I had to remote to his machine so I could repeatedly restore the .cfg file from backup after it gets reset every time I test it out.

Wow - sorry for not seeing this earlier. I just actually looked at my config files and mine are all wiped out like yours are! I was going to compare mine with the one you PM'd me. It's been over a month since I've looked in there......

My guys haven't been using the shop commands, or if they have and it's not worked for them they haven't let me know. My guess is that we've been using Currency for so long it's sort of 'worn' or lost it's luster on our servers.

All stats, mugging etc are still working, but just like for you the shop is broken. RL has sort of taken over here, but I will try to figure out why when I can.

My guess is a Procon update changed something to bork the shop.

Again. sorry for not picking up on this sooner. I thought all was good with it.