Team Kill Tracker (4.0.0) 23-Mar-2015

ImportBot

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImportBot

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

That's strange, I haven't noticed that. It should only be keeping stats for a round. The list of teamkills should be reset on enabling the plugin, so you could try disabling and then re-enabling the plugin.

Disabling/enabling a plugin does not clear any variables, it just stops/starts sending events to the plugin. Those values need to be cleared manually.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by stajs*:

So, I *was* resetting the list of teamkills on a plugin enable, but I wasn't resetting the list of kicked players. And the shame was taking both lists in to account. Fixed now.

v3.3.2

- The list of kicked players (which the Shame list is partially based on) is now reset on plugin enable and on loading a new round.

Hey that's great to hear =)

The default commands and messages are intentionally plain so as not to offend anyone out of the box, but you can have some fun with changing 'em up.

For !sorry, I've also got !mybad. For !punish I've also got !funish (private joke) and !wtf. Also, my messages are slightly more risque.

messages.png

Originally Posted by dyn*:

Everything looks to be running great. Thank you for all you've done!

One request / suggestion: Would you be open to the idea of placing either the current plugin version, date of update, or both in the thread title?

Any idea when you will get the AdKats integration done? Or at all? :smile:

He doesn't have a MySQL DB to work on. I'm working on getting him a separate schema on one of our dev DBs, but that may take some time.

Originally Posted by TMiland*:

He doesn't have a MySQL DB to work on. I'm working on getting him a separate schema on one of our dev DBs, but that may take some time.

Hmm, i can set him up with one right now if he wants. :smile:

*Edit, does he need just the schema, or with data in it?

I have it set up, just pm me for login details stajs. :smile:

Hmm, i can set him up with one right now if he wants. :smile:

*Edit, does he need just the schema, or with data in it?

I have it set up, just pm me for login details stajs. :smile:

Fantastic, TMiland! Really appreciate the offer and I'll gladly take you up on that. I've PM'd you.

I was thinking, if you could give me a clone of your AdKats database, I could then know it's set up all good as I'm new to AdKats as well. Or if that's too much work, and are willing to share your production database, I pinky-promise to look after it.

Big thanks, either way.

Fantastic, TMiland! Really appreciate the offer and I'll gladly take you up on that. I've PM'd you.

I was thinking, if you could give me a clone of your AdKats database, I could then know it's set up all good as I'm new to AdKats as well. Or if that's too much work, and are willing to share your production database, I pinky-promise to look after it.

Big thanks, either way.

No problem! :cool:

A quick update on the AdKats integration: I've got something basic working. Not completely ready, but if anyone wants to alpha-test they can give it a go.

That's great! Have it on server #2 now, waiting for it to start. :cool:

Edit:

Been running all day without any issues.

Edit 2:

Could you add an option to whitelist reserved slots? :smile:

• 4 weeks later...

Can we issue !f as admin forgive command towards the tk'er IRO points with adkats?

I see far too many players being banned, not really something i want, as it's hard enough to populate the servers. :P

Can we issue !f as admin forgive command towards the tk'er IRO points with adkats?

I see far too many players being banned, not really something i want, as it's hard enough to populate the servers. :P

I would suggest simply disabling IRO, and modifying your punishment hierarchy accordingly, not issuing forgives with !f.

I would suggest simply disabling IRO, and modifying your punishment hierarchy accordingly, not issuing forgives with !f.

Why? Isn't it a good idea to issue forgive points if it wasn't a intentional teamkill? I think it's a great idea. :smile:

Originally Posted by IAF-SDS*:

Why? Isn't it a good idea to issue forgive points if it wasn't a intentional teamkill? I think it's a great idea. :smile:

Forgive is now useless with the latest changes by DICE, unless you run the server Custom.

If you run the server Hardcore, you must have it set for 5TKs=KICK and 3Kicks=Ban which means there's no point to forgive to avoid increasing the TK count if no matter what players will get kicked on their 5th TK anyway.

Even worse, with DICE's changes, they now keep a running count of TKs from map to map and those TKs do not reset until the server restarts. In other words, if you TK just 3 times each map, by the 5th map you get auto banned. It's a great way to create a hardship for hardcore servers by discouraging your regular and loyal players from playing many consecutive maps on your server.

So here is the case.

Someone teamkills. The person they teamkilled issues forgive. It forgives the teamkiller for a previous teamkill they were punished for? That doesn't make much sense. This could be rectified by having the tracker simply slay the person for their first teamkill punish in a session, and for subsequent teamkill punishments, increase infraction points through AdKats.

Forgive is now useless with the latest changes by DICE, unless you run the server Custom.

If you run the server Hardcore, you must have it set for 5TKs=KICK and 3Kicks=Ban which means there's no point to forgive if no matter what you're going to get kicked on your 5th TK.

Even worse, with DICE's changes, they now keep a running count of TKs from map to map and those TKs do not reset until the server restarts. In other words, if you TK just 3 times each map, by the 5th map you get auto banned. It's a great way to create a hardship for hardcore servers by discouraging your regular and loyal players from playing many consecutive maps on your server.

Nvm, should have kept reading...that sucks man...

At least you can auto-clear bans that are issued by this, turning it into just another kick. It will still say "banned" on battlelog though.

So here is the case.

Someone teamkills. The person they teamkilled issues forgive. It forgives the teamkiller for a previous teamkill they were punished for? That doesn't make much sense. This could be rectified by having the tracker simply slay the person for their first teamkill punish in a session, and for subsequent teamkill punishments, increase infraction points through AdKats.

No no, here's the case: Teamkiller teamkills player, player forgives teamkiller = -1 IRO point subtracted from the teamkiller.

So if the same teamkiller teamkills again and it's intentionally, and the teamkiller punishes the teamkill, he has only reached 1 IRO point.

I think this will encourage players to be more careful. But now that's not possible anyways, yet another nerf by DICE. :huh:

No no, here's the case: Teamkiller teamkills player, player forgives teamkiller = -1 IRO point subtracted from the teamkiller.

So if the same teamkiller teamkills again and it's intentionally, and the teamkiller punishes the teamkill, he has only reached 1 IRO point.

I think this will encourage players to be more careful. But now that's not possible anyways, yet another nerf by DICE. :huh:

So, issuing preemptive forgives? So if someone teamkills 10 times, and each of those times they are forgiven, they have -10 infraction points. So they could go around teamkilling like a madman and have 10 (or 5 if IRO) chances until they are acted on?

So, issuing preemptive forgives? So if someone teamkills 10 times, and each of those times they are forgiven, they have -10 infraction points. So they could go around teamkilling like a madman and have 10 (or 5 if IRO) chances until they are acted on?

I cannot see why anyone would forgive a player 10 times, but i see your point.

But i just cannot see why we should PUNISH teamkills if they where by accident, that happens all the time, and no one would ever forgive a player who tk's intentionally, so let's say you need to have at least 1 punished teamkill to get it subtracted with a forgive or something?

I cannot see why anyone would forgive a player 10 times, but i see your point.

But i just cannot see why we should PUNISH teamkills if they where by accident, that happens all the time, and no one would ever forgive a player who tk's intentionally, so let's say you need to have at least 1 punished teamkill to get it subtracted with a forgive or something?

Like i said, perhaps the best way to handle it is giving one chance for teamkill each round that when punished simply results in a manual kill, the second being the AdKats punish. That gives regulars one !p against them per round, which should be strict enough to handle offenders, but lenient enough to allow regulars a chance.

Remember you can modify the punishment hierarchy to be more lenient.

If you run the server Hardcore, you must have it set for 5TKs=KICK and 3Kicks=Ban which means there's no point to forgive to avoid increasing the TK count if no matter what players will get kicked on their 5th TK anyway.

Holy shit, how did I miss that? Have you got a link to source for that, or is it in the latest patch notes? Goddamit.