ImportBot

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImportBot

Originally Posted by TMiland*:

Yeah... those changes might be the death of this plugin =/

But great that it was working for you; I'm gonna merge those changes in for a new release.

You can still punish and forgive players, so it is still working. :smile:
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by IAF-SDS*:

Holy shit, how did I miss that? Have you got a link to source for that, or is it in the latest patch notes? Goddamit.

DICE's patch notes are not detailed nor do they address these changes (which is usually the case), but I verified it myself on my servers. I knew what to look for because it is the same TK changes they had done a long time ago when they first introduced them together with the 300 secs IdleTime requirement.

You may test it yourself. Set your server to Hardcore by setting vars.teamKillCountForKick 5 and vars.teamKillKickForBan 3 (as well as vars.idleTimeout 300).

Grab a friend and TK him 5 times in the first map to confirm you get kicked with vars.teamKillCountForKick 5. TK him another 5 times in the same map to get kicked a second time. In the second map, TK him 5 times to get auto banned which will confirm the TK count does not reset when a new map is loaded (the ban shows up as TeamKillBan in ProCon). Note that you can't properly test this in Pre-Round because TeamKilling in Pre-Round does not trigger the server's kick, so make sure the round has started.

Originally Posted by stajs*:

Thanks for that info. I did have a quick play last night and set the server to Hardcore with lock all presets ticked via the UI in Procon, ticked all the TK boxes to turn 'em off, closed Procon and re-opened and the TK boxes were unticked again. This is just from my (poor) memory of playing around last night, so take with a grain of salt.

Just checked and it's there for me. Perhaps stop your layer, delete old DLL, copy new file and restart your layer?

2014-12-14 00_39_51-Procon Frostbite.png

I see it is there in the code, i have stopped the layer, deleted the dll and started it again, several times. :woot:

Very strange. I would like to help you figure out what is going on here, so please forgive any "stupid" questions while I check assumptions. On the "Details" tab of the plugin, is it showing the right version (3.5.0.0)? If you enable/disable it, does the plugin echo back the state in the output below?

Very strange. I would like to help you figure out what is going on here, so please forgive any "stupid" questions while I check assumptions. On the "Details" tab of the plugin, is it showing the right version (3.5.0.0)? If you enable/disable it, does the plugin echo back the state in the output below?

Eeh, now it is present. No idea why, but it is. :biggrin:

Originally Posted by Tomgun*:

could there be an option to have certain weapons unpublishable (in a whitelist), reason is I know claymores are a looked upon as stupid in hardcore but in my opinion if you just run around like a chicken and dont open your eyes then its your fault for running into an team mates claymore (go play softcore). The thing has a glowing icon and the amount of times I have layed a claymore to protect my back, someone just spawns on me and runs off right into it when it clear as day is countless. Then they punish you because they are blind!!!

could there be an option to have certain weapons unpublishable (in a whitelist), reason is I know claymores are a looked upon as stupid in hardcore but in my opinion if you just run around like a chicken and dont open your eyes then its your fault for running into an team mates claymore (go play softcore). The thing has a glowing icon and the amount of times I have layed a claymore to protect my back, someone just spawns on me and runs off right into it when it clear as day is countless. Then they punish you because they are blind!!!

Agreed! :cool:

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

Does that still count as a TK toward kick by the game though?

https://github.com/stajs/Stajs.Proco...cker/issues/33

My first thought was, if it isn't punishable it shouldn't count. Open to suggestions though.

It's not up to us though, I was asking if the server counted it as a teamkill toward being kicked/banned, because it's not your fault if your team are idiots and run into your claymores.

Oh, you were talking about kicked by the game (the built-in team killing management) rather than my plugin? If you are worried about that, you can uncheck "No teamkill value limit" under "Server Settings > Team killing" in Procon and apply a really high value to effectively disable it.

I was thinking this plugin shouldn't count a TK if it isn't punishable.

Oh, you were talking about kicked by the game (the built-in team killing management) rather than my plugin? If you are worried about that, you can uncheck "No teamkill value limit" under "Server Settings > Team killing" in Procon and apply a really high value to effectively disable it.

I was thinking this plugin shouldn't count a TK if it isn't punishable.

But nobody runs that because it makes the server custom still? Or did they fix that? I haven't exactly had my finger on the pulse of updates recently.

But nobody runs that because it makes the server custom still? Or did they fix that? I haven't exactly had my finger on the pulse of updates recently.

It doesn't seem to make it custom from my testing. In Procon, if you choose to "Lock preset related values", the first two team killing options become disabled, but this one remains enabled.

It doesn't seem to make it custom from my testing. In Procon, if you choose to "Lock preset related values", the first two team killing options become disabled, but this one remains enabled.

Unfortunately, that's not correct.

If you want to properly test it to remove any doubt, go to your server in battlelog and notice it shows Hardcore when you have vars.teamKillCountForKick 5 and vars.teamKillKickForBan 3.

Now, go into your ProCon Console tab and enter vars.teamKillCountForKick 10 (or any number other than 5) and press Send.

Refresh your server's page in battlelog and notice you're now Custom.

If you "Lock preset related values" you're basically telling the server to use vars.teamKillCountForKick 5 and vars.teamKillKickForBan 3 which are required to conform with the Hardcore preset.

If you uncheck the "No teamkill value limit" under "Server Settings > Team killing" in Procon and apply a really high value as you said, this has no impact because it is for the Team Kill value or "cool down" system and it works independent of the TeamKill count system (the value aka cool down system is broken and it is useless when the server kicks at 5TKs no matter what). In other words, the vars.teamKillValue variables (vars.teamKillValueForKick, vars.teamKillValueIncrease, and vars.teamKillValueDecreasePerSecond) are what you're changing with the settings to the right of No teamkill value limit.

Any value other than vars.teamKillCountForKick 5 makes you Custom, and any value other than vars.teamKillKickForBan 3 make you Custom as well.

In fact, to be sure nothing has changed since I last posted, I just confirmed everything I said above is still the case.

Notice also that the team kill count does not reset when a map changes and only resets when the server restarts. This means players get banned if they play too many hours in your server and accumulate the 15 TeamKills (or 3 TKs per map x 5 maps = TeamKillBan).

So DICE broke the forgive system, because no matter if you're forgiven and no matter what you set the broken TeamKill value system to, you're getting kicked on the 5th TK in a server designated as Hardcore (instead of Custom).

Unfortunately, that's not correct.

Well, it is correct but I guess your point is, it doesn't make a lick of difference :sad:

If you "Lock preset related values" you're basically telling the server to use vars.teamKillCountForKick 5 and vars.teamKillKickForBan 3 which are required to conform with the Hardcore preset.

Any value other than vars.teamKillCountForKick 5 makes you Custom, and any value other than vars.teamKillKickForBan 3 make you Custom as well.

Yep, there was no argument there.

If you uncheck the "No teamkill value limit" under "Server Settings > Team killing" in Procon and apply a really high value as you said, this has no impact because it is for the Team Kill value or "cool down" system and it works independent of the TeamKill count system (the value aka cool down system is broken and it is useless when the server kicks at 5TKs no matter what). In other words, the vars.teamKillValue variables (vars.teamKillValueForKick, vars.teamKillValueIncrease, and vars.teamKillValueDecreasePerSecond) are what you're changing with the settings to the right of No teamkill value limit.

Ah, okay. I had (wrongly) believed the Procon UI: A player will be kicked for teamkilling a minimum of 4100.0 player(s) in one second or at a minimum rate of 4160.00 player(s) per minute. I did realise I was changing the "value" variables and I had assumed they would... do something. I had no idea it was so horribly broken.

Well, so much for that idea!

this has no impact because it is for the Team Kill value or "cool down" system and it works independent of the TeamKill count system.

I was probably a bit harsh, perhaps it isn't horribly broken. I didn't notice the independence of these systems. I found a post with a bit of history on them:

showthread....variables-work*

Well it is broken, in the sense that there is not an adequate amount of room for the TeamKill value system to work. For it to work, one would set their vars.teamKillCountForKick to a number much higher than their vars.teamKillValueForKick, but DICE is forcing us to kick at vars.teamKillCountForKick 5.

For example, if you wanted to kick a player at 5 TKs but give him a chance to get cool down credit, you could set vars.teamKillValueForKick 5 with vars.teamKillValueIncrease 1 and vars.teamKillValueDecreasePerSecond .0033 to have 1 TK subtracted about every 5 minutes. Then you could set vars.teamKillCountForKick 10 so that person would be kicked no matter what at the tenth TK, regardless of cool down credit from the value system. But again, neither the value system nor the forgive system can function when DICE is forcing us to use vars.teamKillCountForKick 5 for Hardcore designation.

Originally Posted by Slayer*:

That's some dedication!

TBH the changes that DICE have made for team killing really hobbles this plugin (if you don't want to run your server Custom that is).

=(

BUGGA that sucks it really sounded quite good, wish Dice would let us run the servers how we want within their TOS, hell most of you lot out there actually pay for your servers and must find it frustrating even more than I at what they are doing. :/

Presently I run the ProconRulz teamkill script and thought your plugin might be a nice change to try from the below. :sad:

Code:

#########################################################
# Teamkill Punisher v1.2
# Original Author ty_ger07, tweak by bambam
# Enhancements by russel5
#########################################################

On Spawn;ServerFirst;Set %ini_punish% 0
On TeamKill;PlayerSay %p% you TEAMKILLED %v%. Watch your fire! This is your %c% victim.
On TeamKill;VictimSay %v%: !p or !f
# Team Kill Tracking Rulz
On TeamKill;Set %server_lastteamkill[%p%]% %v%
On TeamKill;Set %server_lastteamkiller[%v%]% %p%
# Team Kill Punish Rulz
On Say;Text !p,!punish;If %server_lastteamkiller[%p%]% == 0;PlayerSay %p%: could not find a recent team kill to punish.
On Say;Text !p,!punish;If %server_lastteamkiller[%p%]% != 0
	Incr %ini_punish_count[%server_lastteamkiller[%p%]%]%
	If %ini_punish_count[%p%]% == 3;TempBan 7200 %p% TempBan 2 hours;Set %ini_punish_count[%p%]% 0
	TargetPlayer %server_lastteamkiller[%p%]%;TargetAction PlayerSay %t% killed for team killing.;TargetAction Kill;TargetConfirm;Set %server_lastteamkiller[%p%]% 0
# Team Kill Forgive Rulz
On Say;Text !f,!forgive;If %server_lastteamkiller[%p%]% == 0;PlayerSay %p%: could not find a recent team kill to forgive.
On Say;Text !f,!forgive;If %server_lastteamkiller[%p%]% != 0;TargetPlayer %server_lastteamkiller[%p%]%;Set %server_lastteamkill[%server_lastteamkiller[%p%]%]% 0;TargetAction PlayerSay %t% was forgiven by %p%.;Set %server_lastteamkiller[%p%]% 0
#Leave
On Leave;Set %ini_punish_count[%p%]% 0