TrueBalancer [v0.7.6] (28 Oct 2010)

ImportBot

Originally Posted by Panther*:

This is the Plugin vor MoH and BFBC2.

To get the BF3 Plugin go to:

http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...5813#post25813*

Version:

Plugin Description:

This plugin is used to autobalance Teams in BC2 (Rush, Conquest, SquadRush) and in all Gamemodes in MoH.

It will switch the last player who joined the team.

Things you have to know:

Because Procon/BC2/MoH doesn't have a variable which contains the join time of the players, the join time is being recorded, when the Plugin starts. This means, that when TrueBalancer is turned on, all players allready on the server get the same JoinTime. This can lead to that, that the first Balances could be random, because these players -joined- at the same time.

How many Warnings? --- Minimum Value = 1

Allow Player Diffrence of --- Minimum Value = 1 --- Because if the diffrence is 1 the teams are still balanced.

Time between Warnings in sec --- Minimum Value = 5

Enable Whitelist --- Yes/No

Whitelist Name --- Name of VIP-Players

Explaining the Settings:

E.g.:

How many Warnings = 2

Time between Warnings in sec = 20

This means, that the Autobalance will kick in in 20*2 = 40 seconds.

Known Issues:

- Using any other plugin which changes a player to the other team's side will give this player a new JoiningTeamTime. TrueBalancer can't filter out at the moment, if a player changed side by himself or has been forced to change by another Plugin.

Changelog

0.7.5-->0.7.6

Fixe a bug in SquadRush, where the player was not put into a squad.

0.7.1-->0.7.5

SquadRush supportet now too. Option available to turn of ingame warnings (Only message shown ingame is the balance message for the moved player.). If a gametype is not supported, it will be shown only at the beginning of a round.

0.7.0-->0.7.1

Changed the way my plugin handles the timer to make it more PRoCon like. Should fix some problems, where the timer didn't react.

0.6.6-->0.7.0.0

Changed the Plugin to the new API and made the Plugin available for MoH. A huuuuuge "THANK YOU" to Phouge who helped me through the whole day! The Plugin is also available through Package Manager via Procon!

0.6.5-->0.6.6

If the balancer gets triggered at the end of a round and the teams are unbalanced (no matther when) next round, the autobalancer will balance teams without warnings in the new round.

This is fixed with this update.

0.6-->0.6.5

Made some changes in the code to avoid some debuginfo braking the code.

0.5.5-->0.6

(Hopefully) Fixed: After the server crashes, TrueBalancer was acting strange.

NEW: Added Whitelist.

0.5-->0.5.5

Fixed: TrueBalancer started near the end of a round causing some strange behaviour while maploading.

0.4-->0.5

Fixed: Player getting twice the playersID.

Fixed: Possible roundstart bug, where the TeamIDs got mixed up. (Causing a Warning Message at round start without a reason and if the Warning Interval is set very small also balancing without reason.)

0.3-->0.4

If a player gets teambalanced, he/she is locked for the AutoBalancer and will not be balanced again. The player will be unlocked for the AutoBalancer again by changing teams manually or by rejoining the server.

0.2 --> 0.3

FIX to avoid TeamID missmatch on roundstart.

0.1 --> 0.2

Making the script more safe against dataloss.

0.1 (NEW RELEASE)

ToDo/Wishlist:

- Waiting for some Community wishes!

PLEASE GIVE ME BACK SOME FEEDBACK!

DOWNLOAD TRUEBALANCER 0.7.6.0

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImportBot

i tested it yesterday the wole day and last night. Autobalancer kicked in more often and everything worked out fine.

But today same problem. Server full all the time :ohmy:.

Version 0.4 will be out shortly.

--> Locking balanced players to net get balanced again. Unlocking if they change team manually or rejoin the server.

Edit: Version 0.4 release!

good idea, i will put this on the ToDo list for future updates.

But first i would like to get some more FeedBack if the core-programm is working as it should.

For now, it looks like it is.

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

Jup if the chosen player dies, he will we swapped... instead of instant swap.

:smile:

Other option would be: balance on death (not checking last player joined)

I really like this feature:

If a player gets teambalanced, he/she is locked for the AutoBalancer and will not be balanced again.

But what if there are not so many players, and balance is out of control?

Let's say 6-2: And all 6 players have been swapped earlier?

Jup if the chosen player dies, he will we swapped... instead of instant swap.

:smile:

the problem is what if this last player is a camper not willing to die, what to do than? i would need a timeoutfunction. that if this player doesn't die in like 30sec i have to instant kill him anyways. would this be ok?

Other option would be: balance on death (not checking last player joined)

this will be implemented in a future update.

but i think this is the most unfair way. imagin being an attacker arming the mcom and you die. you armed the mcom and you get switched to the other side. Now imagin that this happens to you on the last mcom. that realy hurts! :ohmy:

Like this feature:

If a player gets teambalanced, he/she is locked for the AutoBalancer and will not be balanced again.

But what if there are not so many players, and balance is out of control?

Let's say 6-2: And all 6 players have been swapped earlier?

If this happens (and i think it will not happen that ofen) these 6 players will get balanced randomly. It is not a good solution, but it is better than not balancing at all :smile:.

This is how it is programmed at the moment.

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

the problem is what if this last player is a camper not willing to die, what to do than? i would need a timeoutfunction. that if this player doesn't die in like 30sec i have to instant kill him anyways. would this be ok?

I think that is a good solution! Most of us serverowners don't like campers anyways! :smile:

A simple balance on death maybe unfair sometimes. You're right about that. :smile:

Keep up the good work dude!

Originally Posted by Jaythegreat1*:

The only reason I wouldn't like AB on Death is when teams get really lop-sided (due to a rage-quit team) and no one from the other team dies to switch. I think a force-switch after X seconds/minutes would be better for a balance. Yet it may jip you in rush sometimes.. but if you have it target last joined player to the team, you should techincally only get switch maybe once or twice.. really dependant on how busy your server is.

Our Rush server is usually full so AB is normally not a need. Our conquest server is the one in real need of AB.

the autobalance targets the player, which joined last the team, not the server. if this player gets switched once, this player will not be switched again, until the player changes teams byhimself. than this player is open for autobalance again.

Working good so far. No complaints from regulars or members. One question though, if say the teams are 10 v 4, when the AB kicks in.. will it move multiple players at once till teams are balanced, or will it move only 1.. then go through warnings again?

BTW, I'm only testing this on our Conquest server atm.. once I see this is stable, I will start running it on the Rush server as well.

hey,

i never tested it on a conquest server. did the autobalance kick in on your conquest? at least once? just let me know.

i do check the game types if the gametype=rush or gametype=conquest.

if i misstyped "conquest" the autobalancer wouldn't kick in. that could be the only problem. I'm running this script now for 3 days on my server. and it works so far.

please check your debug window: (you dont need to Enable DebugMode)

if you see something like this:

[10:41:17 12]

[13:35:03 58] TrueBalancer: Still no data or GameMode not supported.

apearing all the time, then i did something wrong. this can appear at the beginning of a round or when the plugin is turned on. but should stop after that.

To your question:

If the teams are 10vs4, TrueBalancer will move a player every 2seconds until the teams are balanced without secondary warnings. The only thing that you will see in the game will be AUTOBALANCING NOW for every player that TrueBalancer moves.

There won't be new warnings until the teams are evened out and then again uneven.

oh ok, so you changed the times?

the standard settings are 2 warnings and 20seconds. the first warning comes instantly so it should need 40seconds to switch.

i changed the settings on my server to 3 warnings and 10seconds. works perfect until now.

keep your eyes open for a new version tonight or tomorrow.

testing on my server now to see if everything is working.

Yea I did 2 warnings 30 seconds apart. So the chat isn't flooded with warnings, and to give the opportunity for someone to switch over to balance or.. people joining the server to balance itself out.

Originally Posted by NummerEins*:

Will this Plugin kick or move the Player? Sometimes hier in this thread i can read "the player will be moved" and sometimes i can read "the player will be kicked"

The kick option is for us not an option.

no no. One message just says that the Autoblancer will 'kick in' shortly. It rephrased this one in: 'Autoblancing will start shorlty'.

Download the newest version. and it should be fine.

No players will be kicked. There is no command in my program to do so.

yes i am.

it is on the wish-/ToDo- List on the first post.

It should be implement tomorrow or in two days.

check back then.

EDIT:

0.5.5 UPDATE IMPORTANT!

Fixed: TrueBalancer started at the end of a round causing some strange behaviour during mapload! Download the 0.5.5 to fix this problem.

The possibility that this case happens, is very rare, but it can happen!