Chat Trigger Auto-Responder (v1.1 - 2014-03-15)

ImportBot

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted by Proteas*:

if usign a host its located in /Procon/Configs/procon.cfg

procon.private.options.UsePluginOldStyleLoad True

Is there any other way to add or change this line because Nitrado (host) dont give us access to config folder ?
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by Proteas*:

P.S. I apologize for the bad english but I hope you understand the meaning of messages

Me

Hello

Since you dont give us access to /Procon/Configs/procon.cfg

Please add or change this line in our procon.cfg

Thank you....

Nitrado Support

Hey,

Thank you for your request to support.

Currently it is not possible to add this option.

Me

Please dont make me repeat myself

Give us full access on procon layer or make the changes we want on files that we dont have access......

A e-mail who say "sorry we can add the line right now" is not a option for a server admin.

Just open Procon/Configs/procon.cfg and add with notepad the line "procon.private.options.UsePluginOldStyleLoad True"

how hard that can be since i add the line in 3 servers last night by my self because this companys

give me access in procon layer.

Gameservers.com http://i.imgur.com/AXLoXE2.png

Fragnet.net http://i.imgur.com/tW7XW4h.png

Rackage.com http://i.imgur.com/IWYwJVJ.png

You are the only company who dont give full access in procon layer without saying why?

You make our job as server admins hard why ?

Trying to make a plugin running and i lost the setup in each restart because some lazy tech in

nitrado refuse to add a simple line in a simple cfg.....

Nitrado Support

Hello George,

Thank you for your request.

I would like to assist you with your issue. What line are you trying to add? Posted Image

Me

seriously ? did you read my ticket ?

Just open Procon/Configs/procon.cfg and add with notepad the line

"procon.private.options.UsePluginOldStyleLoad True"

Nitrado Support

Hello George,

this is at the moment not possible. We added this to our todo-list and will add this feature in the near future.

Me

This is not a feature Nitrado this is a Simple cfg edit.... a 2 min job!

http://i.imgur.com/dDdyyIh.png

mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...

Originally Posted by 397Seth*:

Hi,

I have a rather odd problem. I can add every response trigger besides !rules

Everything works except !rules.

It will give the corresponding line in the Chat tab of procon layer but not in the game.

[15:08:48] 397Seth > !rules

[15:08:46] ChatTriggerAutoResponder: You can request each rule individualy with the following commands: !ts, !tsadress, !limits, !friendly, !joinadminteam, !contact, !team, !donate

Every other triggerword works fine

Anyone know why?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Originally Posted by iraqiboy90*:

Is it me or the "delay between each line of output" is not working?

Whatever number I put in, it outputs all lines instantly, like with 0,2second interval

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Originally Posted by imammansur*:

Is there a support for this plugin?

I have read the plugin repsonse of other members. Some of them didnt get answer for their questions.

I have downloaded this plugin and add it to the procon. I have change the UsePluginOldStyleLoad set to "True" like previous user post advised. The problem is I cant save the settings of this plugin and also the delay of the output of each line doesnt work.

What i saw on several servers is that there is a function to delay the lines on the chat. For example: I type !rules then i get the rules delayed for a 1-2 seconds on the chat screen. I asked the admins of the server how they do it but they didnt help me with it or they didnt response. If this plugin doesnt supported anymore is there a alternative way?

Originally Posted by Slayer*:

@imammansur

This is what I have running on the servers, seems to work ok though it does dump it all at once but fits in the chat box neatly and easily read, if it gets shunted off the screen players will just type !rules in again.

Chat Trigger Auto-Responder - v1.1

The bold part is what you might want to try out for yourself, I just left my messages in to show the format.

/////////////////////////////////////////////

// This config will be overwritten by procon.

/////////////////////////////////////////////

procon.protected.plugins.enable "ChatTriggerAutoResponder" True

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "ChatTriggerAutoResponder" "Number of Triggers" "1"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "ChatTriggerAutoResponder" "1.1 Chat trigger:" "!rules"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "ChatTriggerAutoResponder" "1.2 Yell output_" "No"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "ChatTriggerAutoResponder" "1.3 Send to all_" "No"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "ChatTriggerAutoResponder" "1.4 Delay before sending output:" "2"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "ChatTriggerAutoResponder" "1.5 How long to show yelled output:" "8"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "ChatTriggerAutoResponder" "1.6 Delay between each line of output:" "5"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "ChatTriggerAutoResponder" "1.7 Output text:" "No Admin Abuse.|No Vulgar Language. Or Player Names.|No Abusing Harrasing other Players.|No Cheating. No Glitching. !adminkill if stuck.|Need an Admin Join our IRC Channel or TeamSpeak.|Full Rules can be found at games.on.net Forums."

I guess you want it to show each line with a delay between them reading your post.

Originally Posted by imammansur*:

Thank you for your response.

I want some delay so i can put more rules instead of 4-5 rules. Your idea is also usefull but what i really want is the delay between rules. I have seen it on some servers. It is possible but how? i dont know.

EDIT:

Just surfing on the internet about the plugin I saw on a youtube video the plugin named "Server Rules on Request" so i made some research about it and I found the plugin here on mycron.

Link to the plugin:

myrcon.net/...server-rules-on-request#entry25044

Its working :biggrin:. Made me happy today finnally.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Originally Posted by PsychoDuckUK*:

I am also having issues with the plugin losing its settings when the procon layer is restarted. I have 17 commands set, when the layer is restarted, I can still see the 17 commands but the trigger keywords are blanked out along with the display text. I have set the settings in procon to use "old style loading" but this doesn't make a difference. Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

Originally Posted by mambochambo*:

Hello- can somebody tell me how to set this plugin that only admins can trigger it-

im running it- and every player can trigger the commands i set- i set the commandtrigger to /

so nobody can see it anymore, but nobody except the admin should trigger it...

• 3 months later...

Originally Posted by spatieman*:

wearded, made several triggers.

but after plugin restart all triggers are gone !

so i set the old style in tools,options, advanced to true.

After quiting procon (as console, bcouse after some hours/days it get slow) the cfg is still active.

but when starting, and onced running, it resets its to empty.

-edit-

never mind.

i for got the past the line in the cfg, enabling it in the tools wasnt enough, ups..

• 7 months later...

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

Quick question. Just got our BF4 server running again, and I am having trouble with the settings saving (They're gone after I restart Procon layer).

I've gone to Tools > Options > Advanced, and enabled "Use old style to load plugins at startup", but that did not fix it.

I noticed at Procon.cfg's file the following:

Code:

procon.private.options.runPluginsInSandbox False
Should that be set to True? If not, what else could be causing this?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

I've gone to Tools > Options > Advanced, and enabled "Use old style to load plugins at startup", but that did not fix it.

I believe that should fix it, but you have to restart your Layer (if you have installed this plugin on a Layer) too.

See: myrcon.net/...chat-trigger-auto-responder#entry3387

Remember? :ohmy:

I believe that should fix it, but you have to restart your Layer (if you have installed this plugin on a Layer) too.

See: myrcon.net/...chat-trigger-auto-responder#entry3387

Remember? :ohmy:

Yeah, the weird thing is it doesn't seem to be working now, I did try that. :biggrin:

Should the sandbox thingie be enabled in the .txt file? Or that's something completely different?

Thanks EB!

Code:

procon.private.options.runPluginsInSandbox False
This has no relation to the "not saving" problem.

Try again this way:

1. Shutdown Layer

2. Make sure you have set "procon.private.options.UsePluginOldStyleLoad True" in procon.cfg

3. Remove all the plugin files (that is both .cs & .dll files)

4. Install plugin again

5. Start Layer

If still not working, use ProconRulz to do the same but better :smile:

Example:

Code:

# AUTO RESPONDER
On Say;Text Shit Server;
Say Don't like the server_ Please ALT+F4 and don't come back. Thanks.

# RULES
On Say;MapMode Conquest; Map Prison,Metro;Text !rules;
Say > RULES:
Say > Don't spam explosives, you will be kicked.
Say > No Camping - Play the objective!
Say > Play with respect - No Profanity! 
Say > Use English in Main & Team Chat

This has no relation to the "not saving" problem.

Try again this way:

1. Shutdown Layer

2. Make sure you have set "procon.private.options.UsePluginOldStyleLoad True" in procon.cfg

3. Remove all the plugin files (that is both .cs & .dll files)

4. Install plugin again

5. Start Layer

If still not working, use ProconRulz to do the same but better :smile:

Example:

Code:

# AUTO RESPONDER
On Say;Text Shit Server;
Say Don't like the server_ Please ALT+F4 and don't come back. Thanks.

# RULES
On Say;MapMode Conquest; Map Prison,Metro;Text !rules;
Say > RULES:
Say > Don't spam explosives, you will be kicked.
Say > No Camping - Play the objective!
Say > Play with respect - No Profanity! 
Say > Use English in Main & Team Chat
Very quick question. I know it's not on this plugin's but I am now using ProconRulz with something similar as you posted (I like ur "shit server" responder, I added it haha! :biggrin: ), and I wondered how I'd have to do for example so that !rules only reply to the player who requested it, and not the whole server. otherwise its a bit of spam for everyone :tongue:

Thanks a lot mate.

Not sure, but I believe you have to change "Say" to "PlayerSay":

http://www.forsterlewis.com/proconrulz.pdf

So it would be like this:

Code:

# AUTO RESPONDER 
On Say;Text Shit Server;
PlayerSay Don't like the server_ Please ALT+F4 and don't come back. Thanks.
But I like that every player will see the rules in chat, instead of just one player.

Since many of the players would not read them if it would be a "PlayerSay".

If it gets too spammy... I think you have too many rules :P

But we're going off-topic now, since we are now discussing ProconRulz in this plugins topic.