Teamspeak 3 Sync

ImportBot

Originally Posted by Quasae*:

Died on me today with this:

[02:03:43 59] Ts3 Sync: Fatal Error!

[02:03:43 59] Ts3 Sync: Message: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

[02:03:43 81] Ts3 Sync: Stack Trace: at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProv ider provider, String format, Object[] args)

at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)

at PRoConEvents.TeamspeakSync.deleteChannel(Nullable` 1 channelId)

at PRoConEvents.TeamspeakSync.checkClientForSwap(Mast erClient client)

at PRoConEvents.TeamspeakSync.performActions()

[02:03:43 85] Ts3 Sync: Stopping Synchronization...

[02:03:44 23] Ts3 Sync: Synchronization Haulted.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImportBot

Originally Posted by Imisnew2*:

I may have found the issue.

Could you supply some information about what options you had turned on when this happened?

Specifically, maybe squad channels and deleting channels were turned on?

Also, leaving on debugging really helps, although it spams your plugin-console log.

Originally Posted by Quasae*:

I may have found the issue.

Could you supply some information about what options you had turned on when this happened?

Specifically, maybe squad channels and deleting channels were turned on?

Also, leaving on debugging really helps, although it spams your plugin-console log.

Sorry for the delay, been out of town. Channels are as follows:

Battlefield BC2

-- Staging

---- Team 1

---- Team 2

The 'Battlefield BC2' is a sort of lobby for those of us that are playing BC2 but don't want to be switched. We also jump in this channel between rounds for our friendly banter. The 'Staging' channel is the actual staging channel that the plugin points to and is a subchannel of 'Battlefield BC2'. The 'Team 1' and 'Team 2' channels are subchannels of 'Staging'.

Squad-Based is off (-1) and it is set to NOT remove channels when empty.

I have actually had to disable the plugin as it is crashing PRoCon... :sad:

Ventrilo doesn't have a query structure like Teamspeak 3.

Depending on the time I have over the summer, there is a very slim chance I'll look into it.

But thanks :smile:

-Imisnew2

Also, it shouldn't be possible for the plugin to be crashing procon... worst case, it might make procon hang for 5-10 seconds (but then the plugin should crash and turn itself off). Can you give me any more information about what you're doing before that? Again, turning on debugging would be highly helpful :P (You can copy the console's text if you turn on plugin logging).

-Imisnew2

• 4 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Sage-BRIG*:

I am attempting to use this plugin again. It always runs for awhile then stops running. Installed new version and ow it crashes procon entirely. I saw a post above with similar issues, you advised it couldn't crash procon, it is. It gets to the synch part, gets everyone moved around then freezes. I let it do its thing and it stayed frozen for 26 minutes. I couldn't use procon at all during this time and finally it advised procon was frozen and closed it. I tested this several times, it freezes every time or unchecked itself and shuts off the plugin. Awesome plugin, would love to get it working. No reports as of yet, do nto have auto delete channel on or remove players not in game.

Update, after many hrs working on this, I deleted the staging channel and reset it, now it has random crashing of procon, stuck in staging channel or stuck on synchronizing. I did get it to run awhile prior to resetting the staging channel.

FYI the ts server query always makes it list the primary layers account holder ip info. So to use this plugin essentially means deleting all blocks for gametracker if you want your ip info safe

Thanks Brig.

I'll look into the issue, but I haven't been able to replicate it.

I'd like to get together on steam and talk some more about it if you're willing.

As for the IP issue, it's a Teamspeak 3 issue. There might be a way to silence it, but I don't know of one.

Originally Posted by Sage-BRIG*:

Im, ty for help. He gave me coding to make the "announcement" from the server query to something more user friendly and shorter than the server query name and ip.

after line 2089

??????2(Imis): put the following

??????2(Imis): TeamspeakQuery changeNick = new TeamspeakQuery("clientupdate");

changeNick.addParameter("client_nickname", "INSERT NAME HERE");

ts3Connection.sendQuery(changeNick);

In addition, the workaround I found for the crashing of procon is simple. If it crashes procon, reboot your main computer running the primary layer, then turn on and off the plugin until you see it scrolling the pink lines, ensure it is moving and not stuck on one. then it will run with no issues for hrs.

Originally Posted by Warrior124*:

I was curious about this program. Can you tell me what does it exactly do? Can people not in your TS server still communicate to you via TS? Is it a replacement for ingame voIP, or what does it do? Thank you in advance. :smile:

The idea is that, because the in-game voip is unreliable, many people would run Teamspeak 3 servers on the side. Well, when you do that, you have a few possibilities: Put everyone in a single channel, manually move people into team channels, or have people move themselves into team channels. This plugin simply automates the last possibility. Users who want to participate have to join your Teamspeak server manually. To get your server IP/hostname out there, the plugin also has the ability to yell at players every so often.

Now I could sound all technical and throw out words like "Feature Rich" and "Thoroughly Tested" but instead I'm gonna give you the low-down. There are issues with this plugin. Now, granted, I've been able to run my copy for days on end without any issues. But other people seem to be plagued with unexplainable errors that take face time between me and them to push a fix for everyone. But if I haven't scared you off, feel free to download the plugin (it's also available under the packages tab on the "Home Page" when running Procon) and set it up. All the settings are explained on the description portion of the plugins tab. Feel free to ask any questions here as well.

tl;dr;

It moves people into team/squad based channels. People have to join your teamspeak of their own accord to participate. There are issues, but I try to fix them as the pop up. Remember- I'm a student working on this in my spare time!

Originally Posted by Warpennys*:

I'm just getting to know your TS3 sync plugin. I have it installed and up and running. I got it working. My issue I'm having is that when I test it out by joining a team and then begin switching to each squad it stops working and wont move me and create the next squad channel. I'm thinking it has something to do with TS3 query settings and not your plugin, like a spam setting or somethng, but I'm clueless as to where to find that. Im hosting my own TS3 Server and Procon is running on the same machine as that, but the pluggin points to a TS3 Server hosted by a friend. It does the exact same thing when running at his end and set up locally. Something in settings we are doing wrong or something in the plugin. OH, and nothing abnormal in the debug messages that tells me what actually happened. Understand you are busy, but I assume you might have had to modify TS3 settings and if so, would love to see that in a help file or in the installation instructions. Thank You. BBC2 TS3 - usfc.dyndns.biz:9987

I did. Several times, actually and followed it to the letter. We have the ip in the whitelist on my partners TS3 Server. For now, it seems to be steadily working, but I had to disable squad building (-1). I love this plugin and the general public of BBC2 players seem to love it as well as I see the TS3 you mentioned running it is hopping. I thank you for this. Awsome! In the matching threshold we lowered it to 70. Is there a reason why you have it set at 75 by default?

The algorithm matches on IP to begin with, but occasionally the IP isn't reported, so it uses names to match up users in ts and bc2. However, the levenshtein distance formula has odd ways of matching names that don't seem to be related at all.

Well that does explain that! LOL Just so you know, since I disable squad building, I haven't had a problem with it. Been doing fine and working for more than 24 hrs now. Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Noob*:

Hi Thanks for the great plugin.

I have the plugin up and running. The yell function, however, is not working !

I am not sure if this is related but the Welcome Messages plugin does is not showing any welcome messages neither.

Is it possible to have the TS sync plugin name the channels according to teams, i.e US, Russia or Attackers, Defenders , etc?

Thanks,

There should be an array of strings as a setting (right next to Team Threshold and Squad Threshold respectively) to set the names of each channel. As for the yell function not working, this is the first I've heard of it. Could it be you disabled some option to display yells?

-Imisnew2

• 2 weeks later...

The plugin should ignore "Squads" in SQDM. Even though in-game it looks like you're in squads, the game treats it as teams. That is why you have 4 teams to pick from.

Originally Posted by nbtc971*:

Ok so I finally got to test it out, and while we had the beta version of this working fine, this new version seems buggy. We set it so that it would only start working when 6 were on the game/ts server(s). Once that happened it did trigger and moved the other team to it's channel, and then moved us to ours, however then it kept moving us between the staging channel and our assigned channel.. back and forth. The other team didn't seem affected and it seemed to work for them. I tried fiddling with it and ended up restarting Procon, then it seemed to work for about 5-10 minutes, then it started picking one guy in our channel and kept moving him back and forth from the assigned channel to the staging channel. I had to turn it off.

Here are my settings:

Reconnect on error: Yes

Number of reconnect attempts: 10

Interval between reconnect attempts: 5000

Show debug messages: Yes

Matching threshold: 75%

Update intervals: 20000

Team based threshold: 6

Team channel names: USA Forces (Mixed), Russian Forces (Mixed)

Squad-based threshold: -1

Remove channels when empty: No

Remove clients not playing: No

I will leave my connection info out. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Originally Posted by nbtc971*:

Here you go. Dragonrage was the guy at the end who was getting moved around.

[23:15:31 54] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [(Viperman)] swapped to [Team 1, Squad 0]

[23:15:42 15] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [(Viperman)] swapped to [Team 1, Squad 3]

[23:15:50 72] Ts3 Sync - Debug: createTeam - Create channel for [Team 2]

[23:15:50 72] Ts3 Sync - Debug: createTeam - Channel Name [uSA Forces (Mixed)]

[23:15:50 78] Ts3 Sync - Debug: createTeam - Sent Channel Create Query

[23:15:50 79] Ts3 Sync - Debug: findChannel - Find Channel [uSA Forces (Mixed)] under Parent Id [1833]

[23:15:50 90] Ts3 Sync - Debug: findChannel - Sent Channel List Query

[23:15:50 90] Ts3 Sync - Debug: createTeam - Added [uSA Forces (Mixed)] to channels

[23:15:50 90] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [earth7man] to Channel [uSA Forces (Mixed)]

[23:15:50 96] Ts3 Sync - Debug: createTeam - Create channel for [Team 1]

[23:15:50 96] Ts3 Sync - Debug: createTeam - Channel Name [Russian Forces (Mixed)]

[23:15:50 97] Ts3 Sync - Debug: createTeam - Order after [Top]

[23:15:51 03] Ts3 Sync - Debug: createTeam - Sent Channel Create Query

[23:15:51 03] Ts3 Sync - Debug: findChannel - Find Channel [Russian Forces (Mixed)] under Parent Id [1833]

[23:15:51 17] Ts3 Sync - Debug: findChannel - Sent Channel List Query

[23:15:51 18] Ts3 Sync - Debug: createTeam - Added [Russian Forces (Mixed)] to channels

[23:15:51 18] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [(TKC)Dragonrage217] to Channel [Russian Forces (Mixed)]

[23:15:51 24] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [Viper] to Channel [Russian Forces (Mixed)]

[23:15:51 29] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [ThrillaKilla] to Channel [Russian Forces (Mixed)]

[23:15:51 35] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [kostya] to Channel [uSA Forces (Mixed)]

[23:15:51 41] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [kingloser] to Channel [uSA Forces (Mixed)]

[23:15:51 47] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [(TKC)-o]T3[o] to Channel [Russian Forces (Mixed)]

[23:22:47 82] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [Viper] to Channel [Russian Forces (Mixed)]

[23:24:43 91] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [-o]T3[o] swapped to [Team 1, Squad 3]

[23:26:25 27] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [Dragonrage217] swapped to [Team 2, Squad 1]

[23:26:25 27] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [(TKC)Dragonrage217] to Channel [uSA Forces (Mixed)]

[23:26:25 37] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [EARTH7MAN] swapped to [Team 1, Squad 1]

[23:26:25 37] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [NewCharlie] swapped to [Team 1, Squad 1]

[23:26:25 39] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [ThrillaKilla] swapped to [Team 2, Squad 1]

[23:26:25 39] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [earth7man] to Channel [Russian Forces (Mixed)]

[23:26:25 50] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [Hekter] swapped to [Team 2, Squad 1]

[23:26:25 51] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [ThrillaKilla] to Channel [uSA Forces (Mixed)]

[23:26:25 60] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [Russia1982] swapped to [Team 1, Squad 1]

[23:26:25 61] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [KingLoser] swapped to [Team 1, Squad 1]

[23:26:25 61] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [-o]T3[o] swapped to [Team 2, Squad 3]

[23:26:25 64] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [LtCol Yakeb] swapped to [Team 1, Squad 2]

[23:26:25 68] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [kostya] to Channel [Russian Forces (Mixed)]

[23:26:25 72] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [(Viperman)] swapped to [Team 2, Squad 3]

[23:26:25 74] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [kingloser] to Channel [Russian Forces (Mixed)]

[23:26:25 81] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [(TKC)-o]T3[o] to Channel [uSA Forces (Mixed)]

[23:26:25 87] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [Viperman] to Channel [uSA Forces (Mixed)]

[23:26:27 84] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Staging Mode - Swapping Client [(TKC)Dragonrage217] to Channel [bad Company 2]

[23:26:27 90] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Staging Mode - Swapping Client [Viperman] to Channel [bad Company 2]

[23:26:27 95] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Staging Mode - Swapping Client [ThrillaKilla] to Channel [bad Company 2]

[23:26:28 01] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Staging Mode - Swapping Client [kingloser] to Channel [bad Company 2]

[23:26:28 07] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Staging Mode - Swapping Client [(TKC)-o]T3[o] to Channel [bad Company 2]

[23:26:37 40] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [Hekter] swapped to [Team 2, Squad 1]

[23:26:42 29] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [KingLoser] swapped to [Team 1, Squad 1]

[23:26:42 72] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [Russia1982] swapped to [Team 1, Squad 1]

[23:26:42 73] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [(Viperman)] swapped to [Team 2, Squad 3]

[23:26:47 88] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [(TKC)Dragonrage217] to Channel [uSA Forces (Mixed)]

[23:26:47 94] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [Viperman] to Channel [uSA Forces (Mixed)]

[23:26:48 00] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [ThrillaKilla] to Channel [uSA Forces (Mixed)]

[23:26:48 06] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [kingloser] to Channel [Russian Forces (Mixed)]

[23:26:48 11] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [(TKC)-o]T3[o] to Channel [uSA Forces (Mixed)]

[23:26:48 17] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [EARTH7MAN] swapped to [Team 1, Squad 1]

[23:26:48 79] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [Dragonrage217] swapped to [Team 2, Squad 1]

[23:26:48 86] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [-o]T3[o] swapped to [Team 2, Squad 3]

[23:26:59 15] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [LtCol Yakeb] swapped to [Team 1, Squad 2]

[23:27:13 25] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [ThrillaKilla] swapped to [Team 2, Squad 1]

[23:28:01 75] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventLeave - [LtCol Yakeb] left the Bad Company 2 server

[23:29:30 40] Ts3 Sync - Debug: eventSwap - [NewCharlie] swapped to [Team 1, Squad 1]

[23:31:51 38] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [(TKC)Dragonrage217] to Channel [uSA Forces (Mixed)]

[23:32:31 62] Ts3 Sync - Debug: swapClient - Team Mode (or Squad 0) - Swapping Client [(TKC)Dragonrage217] to Channel [uSA Forces (Mixed)]

There is an issue where a player may get bounced around for 20-30 seconds or so, but it only happens on team swaps/round ends.

Is that what is happening here?