Teamspeak 3 Sync

ImportBot

Originally Posted by Torch-1*:

Hey Torch-1, thanks a ton for the screenshots!

This seems to be the same problem several people are having...

I'm not quite sure what the issue is yet, but I think it has something to do with the providers who are hosting PRoCon.

Check this:

viewtopic.php_p=11692#p11692*

1. PRoCon hosting company may be running the plugins in restricted mode

2. PRoCon hosting company may be blocking outbound connection on server query port

3. TeamSpeak hosting company may be blocking inbound connections on server query port

1. Running in sandbox

2.Host is not blocking outbound connections

3. Host not blocking inbound

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImportBot

Originally Posted by Banzai*:

Hi XXXXXXXX,

Like Ryan said, we don't block any ports on the servers. If the plugin however tries to listen on a port, that would not be permitted. Services cannot pick up listen on ports as they are run in a sandbox. The only ports assigned to your service are the ones that come with ProCon. I'm afraid that if this plugin listens on additional ports, it wont be permitted on a shared server.

Now, that being said, nothing is stopping outbound traffic from the plugins. So it should not be having trouble sending data out...but the receiving may be where the issue would lie. A plugin that requires a specific port for data cannot be run on a shared server.

I've resubmitted another ticket asking again and threatening to leave if I can't get the ports opened for two way traffic.

Can someone tell me why this would be a big deal to them?

Here is what to do to get this plugin to work perfectly!

First you need to make sure you have set up a query server within ts3 and have your login name and password for the server you create. The main page instructions for this plugin works well so refer to it for all the info. viewtopic.php_f=18&t=1597*

Posted Image

Then open your ProCon program, go to the plugins and the parent layer control plugins and enter in all the appropriate information ts3 ip, port, query port. etc

Posted Image

As you can see at this point the Parent Layer information is entered but not yet working. Dont worry it will after a few more steps.

Posted Image

Now login to you Host server provider who hosts your ProCon server and login to you control panel. Look for your configs folder and find the procon.cfg file.Look for the line that has this statement (procon.private.options.trustedHostDomainsPorts ) Edit this file by adding your TS3 IP and port ( procon.private.options.trustedHostDomainsPorts 000.000.0.000 10011 ) so it looks like this. If you do not have access to this file ask your host to edit it for you.

Posted Image

Now save the new settings and re-boot your ProCon Server. Now open your Procon program on you computer and go to the Parent Layer Control tab and select the TS3 plugin and enable it. If all has worked out it should look like this. I hope this works for you. This method has worked for me and is working perfectly.

Posted Image

A Big Thanks to Imisnew2 for making this badly needed plugin.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Imisnew2*:

Hmm.

The connection to the teamspeak 3 server doesn't bind the socket on any specific port...

So, if they're blocking incoming traffic (after I've established a connection, which is silly, but I guess for security reasons on a shared box, they won't allow it) for all ports but specific ones, I might look into binding it to a specific port (so they can allow that specific port. Not sure what problems may arise from that... as generally the operating system knows which ports are being listened to by sockets and what aren't.

A VERY tricky work around (which could very well break PRoCon) would be to attempt to bind the socket to one of PRoCon's ports it is listening to, and try to read the information in before PRoCon does, so it doesn't crash or throw an error. Probably won't do this, as it could cause a ton of issues with PRoCon, but if all else fails... I'll check it out.

@ Torch-1

Thanks for the research!

I'll be sure to let others know who have this issue about this config file!

-Imisnew2

Also, Torch-1, You don't want to have two copies of the plugin running at once (on your local layer + on the parent layer), or else they will fight.

Meaning, players will get swapped to correct channel, then other instance of plugin will swap them back (because it has out of date information), and they'll get swapped back and forth until both instances are up to date.

-Imisnew2

Originally Posted by NEXSO*:

What is the problem?

The Plugin goes directly !!

[05:26:39 15] Ts3 Sync: ---------------Teamspeak 3 Sync---------------

[05:26:39 15] Ts3 Sync: Enabling the plugin. This could take 30-60 seconds, please stand by.

[05:26:39 39] Ts3 Sync: Connection to 62.67.42.XXX:9100 was successful.

[05:26:39 83] Ts3 Sync: Authentication as Gamer was successful.

[05:26:42 35] Ts3 Sync: Virtual Server selection for Port Number 9324 was successful.

[05:26:43 67] Ts3 Sync: Teamspeak Channel matchings was successful.

[05:26:43 67] Ts3 Sync: Beginning Processing Events.

[05:26:43 81] -------OP-------

[05:26:43 81] PlayerCache: 2.-1-NEXSO --- 2.1-coldair ---

[05:26:44 95] Ts3 Sync: Fatal Error!

[05:26:44 95] Ts3 Sync: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(Exceptio nResource resource)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKe y key, TValue value, Boolean add)

at PRoConEvents.TeamspeakSync.TeamspeakResponse.parse (String raw)

at PRoConEvents.TeamspeakSync.TeamspeakConnection.rec eiveData()

at PRoConEvents.TeamspeakSync.TeamspeakConnection.sen dClientInfoRequest(Int32 clientId)

at PRoConEvents.TeamspeakSync.action_UpdateTsClients( )

at PRoConEvents.TeamspeakSync.executeActionQueue(Obje ct args)

[05:26:44 95] Ts3 Sync: An item with the same key has already been added.

What is the problem?

The Plugin goes directly !!

[05:26:39 15] Ts3 Sync: ---------------Teamspeak 3 Sync---------------

[05:26:39 15] Ts3 Sync: Enabling the plugin. This could take 30-60 seconds, please stand by.

[05:26:39 39] Ts3 Sync: Connection to 62.67.42.XXX:9100 was successful.

[05:26:39 83] Ts3 Sync: Authentication as Gamer was successful.

[05:26:42 35] Ts3 Sync: Virtual Server selection for Port Number 9324 was successful.

[05:26:43 67] Ts3 Sync: Teamspeak Channel matchings was successful.

[05:26:43 67] Ts3 Sync: Beginning Processing Events.

[05:26:43 81] -------OP-------

[05:26:43 81] PlayerCache: 2.-1-NEXSO --- 2.1-coldair ---

[05:26:44 95] Ts3 Sync: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(Exceptio nResource resource)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKe y key, TValue value, Boolean add)

at PRoConEvents.TeamspeakSync.TeamspeakResponse.parse (String raw)

at PRoConEvents.TeamspeakSync.TeamspeakConnection.rec eiveData()

at PRoConEvents.TeamspeakSync.TeamspeakConnection.sen dClientInfoRequest(Int32 clientId)

at PRoConEvents.TeamspeakSync.action_UpdateTsClients( )

at PRoConEvents.TeamspeakSync.executeActionQueue(Obje ct args)

[05:26:44 95] Ts3 Sync: An item with the same key has already been added.

Does this happen every time you start the plugin?

-Imisnew2

always

if the server is empty comes:

[07:23:49 01] Ts3 Sync: Bad Company Player Listing Was Empty.

place on

Server Restart.

ProCon Restart.

Testing in Plugins and in Parent Control Layer

always

if the server is empty comes:

[07:23:49 01] Ts3 Sync: Bad Company Player Listing Was Empty.

place on

Server Restart.

ProCon Restart.

Testing in Plugins and in Parent Control Layer

Can we talk over Steam or some other messaging program?

I'm going to need to check some settings to figure out what is causing this.

-Imisnew2

yeah, Primary target doesn't give me access to those files normally, I have asked to be able to get to them.

Is there some other way to write to the config file?

I would put in a ticket with a link to this page and tell the if they cant give you access to the config file then modify it themselves for you. Most decent providers give access to the files. My provider gives me access through a web based control panel and FTP access, I wouldn't have it any other way. I pay for my server and demand the ability to have full control otherwise whats the point of having it?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Banzai*:

yeah, Primary target doesn't give me access to those files normally, I have asked to be able to get to them.

Is there some other way to write to the config file?

I would put in a ticket with a link to this page and tell the if they cant give you access to the config file then modify it themselves for you. Most decent providers give access to the files. My provider gives me access through a web based control panel and FTP access, I wouldn't have it any other way. I pay for my server and demand the ability to have full control otherwise whats the point of having it?

Thanks.

I've asked via trouble ticket, but PT is very very slow right now responding to my trouble tickets.

Provider Admin say:

You can install this via Packages however we are providing no support for this as of right now. If you need your teamspeak server added to allow list send us the IP and port.

Provider Admin say:

You can install this via Packages however we are providing no support for this as of right now. If you need your teamspeak server added to allow list send us the IP and port.

NEXSO, until my next version comes out (which I'm hoping will happen Dec 30/Dec 31), use version 0.5.1.

If you still get the error, let me know what happens.

i wait for next version

Version 0.5.1.

[15:44:21 44] --------------------TS3 Sync--------------------

[15:44:21 45] Enabling the plugin, please stand by...

[15:44:22 55] Could not connect to the teamspeak 3 server.

[15:44:22 56] This could be a series of things, but the most common is a wrong IP and/or Port.

[15:44:22 56] Try re-entering your TS3 Server IP and TS3 Server Port then re-enabling the plugin to try again.

:cry:

IP and/or Port is 100% are correct

i wait for next version

Version 0.5.1.

[15:44:21 44] --------------------TS3 Sync--------------------

[15:44:21 45] Enabling the plugin, please stand by...

[15:44:22 55] Could not connect to the teamspeak 3 server.

[15:44:22 56] This could be a series of things, but the most common is a wrong IP and/or Port.

[15:44:22 56] Try re-entering your TS3 Server IP and TS3 Server Port then re-enabling the plugin to try again.

:cry:

IP and/or Port is 100% are correct

Login to you Host server provider who hosts your ProCon server and login to you control panel. Look for your configs folder and find the procon.cfg file.Look for the line that has this statement (procon.private.options.trustedHostDomainsPorts ) Edit this file by adding your TS3 IP and port ( procon.private.options.trustedHostDomainsPorts 000.000.0.000 10011 ) so it looks like this. If you do not have access to this file ask your host to edit it for you. If your running on your home computer look in the ProCon folder for the configs folder ( C:\Program Files\procon_0.6.4.0\Configs ). Edit it with note pad and save.

argh... go ahead ! its a poor alpha version! no way. i will delete this plugin from procon. :?

Ok?

I by no means said it was perfect...

But if you want to miss out on working VOIP in your Bad Company server, go right ahead.

-Imisnew2

P.S. - And you're right, it is alpha. ( note the less than 1.0 status )

@Torch-1

I saw your contribution - it does not go

@Imisnew2

new image pm

@VAM

make it better

this plugin is a good idea -

BFBC2 is now R27 and still error has

NEXSO, I'm still trying to figure out why you're getting that error. Sent you a PM about it as well.

Torch-1, thanks A TON, once again, for your contribution. For my next release (which I hope to happen in about 12hrs or so), I'll compile it all into my first post. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Blackhand-Bonehead*:

Hi guys, I am new to this and I can not get this plugin working. Can anyone give me a step by step setup, I have read all setup notes but I don't know why it wont work I have put my ip port q port and edited Procon config to put same their but still no joy. Is their a guide I can use.

This is what I get back.

[17:31:41 11] Ts3 Sync: Connection to 193.**.44.**:10011 failed.

[17:31:41 14] Ts3 Sync: Please check your Ts3 Server IP and Ts3 Query Port to make sure they are correct.

[17:31:41 14] Ts3 Sync: Stopping Synchronization...

I put stars for my private ip address.

Originally Posted by Blackhand-Bonehead*:

Is your team speak or your layer server hosted by a server provider?

-Imisnew2

I don't have procon layers on and my servers both TS and BFBC2 are Rackage to my understanding. Procon is installed on my pc and setup it controls bfbc2 server seem to work ok am I doing it wrong. Not sure what you mean about layer server been hosted.