ProconRulz - take admin action on triggers, e.g. weapon limit

ImportBot

Originally Posted by bambam*:

You mean the shotgun specialization "12 Gauge Sabot Rounds" ?

On Spawn;Spec sp_shotgun_s;PlayerSay %p% No shotgun slugs!!;Kill

To forbid *anything*, look up the Kit/Damage/Weapon/Spec key on the plugin details page* and put that where I put Spec sp_shotgun_s. E.g. "Damage VehicleHeavy", "Kit Recon", "Weapon M95".

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImportBot

Originally Posted by Legate*:

Hi Bambam,

I was checking the number of players present on our server and I found this with server full (24 players):

[18:25:00] ProconRulz: Smallest team is 11

[18:25:01] warbomber has joined the server..

[18:25:05] TigerSmoke [M60 LMG] Un1t Legate.

[18:25:05] PWND TheInGameBoy [AKS-74u] SaufSau HolyBlood85

[18:25:05] NO CHALLENGE [Hand Grenade] Sunburn.-

[18:25:05] ProconRulz: Smallest team is 0

[18:25:05] 3DZ x3Ro07 [M416] KASKOPF MagicBlackDevil

[18:25:06] ProconRulz: Smallest team is 0

[18:25:08] Kinghikaru [Combat Knife] LosConsi Seiya1971

[18:25:09] ProconRulz: Smallest team is 12

18:51:26] D4rkSon1C [M249 SAW] SaufSau HolyBlood85 [Headshot]

[18:51:26] ProconRulz: Smallest team is 10

[18:51:28] D4rkSon1C [M249 SAW] Peel.and.Stick

[18:51:28] ProconRulz: Smallest team is 10

[18:51:33] Love Obiwan07 [uMP-45] D4rkSon1C

[18:51:34] ProconRulz: Smallest team is 10

[18:51:36] kylewins has joined the server..

[18:51:40] (Peel.and.Stick) Peel.and.Stick sniper limit

[18:51:41] -10.0 mustache steve [Hand Grenade] demon04

[18:51:42] -10.0 mustache steve [Hand Grenade] Love Obiwan07

[18:51:42] -10.0 mustache steve [Hand Grenade] awa1990

[18:51:42] ProconRulz: Smallest team is 0

[18:51:42] ProconRulz: Player Peel.and.Stick killed

[18:51:44] -10.0 mustache steve [WWII M1A1 Thompson] KASKOPF MagicBlackDevil

[18:51:44] ProconRulz: Smallest team is 0

[18:51:47] -10.0 mustache steve [MP-443 Grach] SaufSau HolyBlood85

[18:51:47] ProconRulz: Smallest team is 0

[18:51:49] cehcey [uH-60 Blackhawk Minigun] (sml) ketdl?

[18:51:49] ProconRulz: Smallest team is 0

[18:52:00] cehcey [uH-60 Blackhawk Minigun] D4rkSon1C

[18:52:00] ProconRulz: Smallest team is 10

[18:52:02] KASKOPF MagicBlackDevil [XM8 Prototype] kilofblody

[18:52:02] russian-66 [MP-443 Grach] ioxino

[18:52:03] ProconRulz: Smallest team is 10

[18:52:03] ProconRulz: Smallest team is 10

[18:52:08] Kinghikaru [KILLED] Kinghikaru

[18:52:08] russian-66 [MP-443 Grach] Peel.and.Stick [Headshot]

[18:52:09] ProconRulz: Smallest team is 10

Map: Valparaiso

Originally Posted by maxxximilian*:

You mean the shotgun specialization "12 Gauge Sabot Rounds" ?

On Spawn;Spec sp_shotgun_s;PlayerSay %p% No shotgun slugs!!;Kill

To forbid *anything*, look up the Kit/Damage/Weapon/Spec key on the plugin details page* and put that where I put Spec sp_shotgun_s. E.g. "Damage VehicleHeavy", "Kit Recon", "Weapon M95".

Yes I meant 12 Gauge Sabot Rounds.

I tried this On Spawn;Spec sp_shotgun_s;PlayerSay %p% No shotgun slugs!!;Kill it but it doesn't work - if I use once a slug it will kill me and then whatever kit or weapon I choose it will still kill me with message "No shotgun slugs". I have to disconnect from the server and connect again to disable it.

** LATER EDIT ** maxxximilian had found a bug in BFBC2!! where players with the Red Dot Sight are wrongly being allocated the 'specialization code' for shotgun slugs. The workaround in ProconRulz is to ALSO use the 'Damage Shotgun' condition in the rule (i.e. 'On Spawn;Damage Shotgun;Spec sp_shotgun_s;PlayerSay %p% no slugs;Kill")

@maxxximilian - I've checked that rule and didn't find any problem. Your words like "slug" "use" "weapon" and "kit" are confusing. sabot rounds is a Specialization, not a weapon or kit, and the rule would affect you when you spawn, not when you use the weapon. To simplify the test, you could reduce the rule to "Spec sp_shotgun_s;Say %p% spawned with sabot rounds %c%" and then try spawning with and without the sabot rounds specialization.

@Legate - thanks very much for the detailed output. There's a definite bug in the 'Teamsize' condition, also confirmed with data from Morpheus's server. Your info confirms it affects both Rush and Conquest mode. I've identified the source of the error and will produce a fix in the next few days. In the meantime the Teamsize condition cannot be relied upon as it blips to zero as new players join the server. Apologies - the fix is written but is a comprehensive re-write of the affected code and needs testing.

thanks - Bambam

@maxxximilian - I've checked that rule and didn't find any problem. Your words like "slug" "use" "weapon" and "kit" are confusing. sabot rounds is a Specialization, not a weapon or kit, and the rule would affect you when you spawn, not when you use the weapon. To simplify the test, you could reduce the rule to "Spec sp_shotgun_s;Say %p% spawned with sabot rounds %c%" and then try spawning with and without the sabot rounds specialization.

Sorry, english isn't my first language. I now changed string to "Spec sp_shotgun_s;Say %p%, 12 Gauge Sabot Rounds are forbidden!;Kill" and it is acting strange as well but now I did more testing, you can try it yourself:

1. wear sabot rounds and spawn (example as Assault with shotgun) - you will be killed with warning.

2. now change to another kit, example to medic with MG3 and red dot scope - you will be still killed with same warning.

3. now change back to assault with shotgun but change specialization to something else, only then you can spawn without a warning.

So, you can disable this rule only by using the same kit and shotgun but changing specialization to something else - if you are changing Assault weapon to something else (example to M416 with red dot scope) and spawn you will be still killed with a warning.

Thanks Maxxximilian that seems a good description of what you're seeing. It's strange I can't get the same thing. If there's any possibility of trying it on your server when it's empty that might help because we could look at what ProconRulz thinks is happening. I've tested with just these 2 rules:

On Spawn;Spec sp_shotgun_s;Say %p% spawned as %k% WITH spec sp_shotgun_s %c%

On Spawn;Not Spec sp_shotgun_s;Say %p% spawned as %k% WITHOUT spec sp_shotgun_s %c%

Everything for me has been behaving normally, i.e. I see the 'WITH' message every time I spawn with the sabot rounds, and "WITHOUT" when I spawn as something else (e.g. medic without shotgun).

If you have an empty server, set ProconRulz 'trace rules' to 'Yes' with the two rules above as your *top* two rules (you don't have to delete the others, temporarily putting those top will use those for every spawn) and maybe the trace will tell us something in the plugins console window. It's possible the BFBC2 server is saying the player *still* has sabot rounds for some reason (i.e. a bug in BFBC2). 'Trace rules' spews out a lot of detail so you don't want to use it with other players on the server - the trick is just to see what it says when you spawn as e.g. Medic after having the Assault/shotgun. It'll be easier with the 'Say' rules above instead of 'kill', and look at the plugin console immediately after the say 'WITH' message appears in error.

thanks... Bambam

Yes there is certainly some bug.

Message as Assault with shotgun and 12 Gauge:

[20:41:33 28] ProconRulz: OnPlayerSpawned [Max-Est] weapons C4 Explosive, MP-412 REX, Neostead 2000 Combat

[20:41:33 29] ProconRulz: Item sp_shotgun_s added to counts. Now [Attackers(count 0): ] [Defenders(count 1): Max-Est]

[20:41:33 29] ProconRulz: [Any] Max-Est spawned. Kit Assault. Weapons [C4 Explosive, MP-412 REX, Neostead 2000 Combat]. Specs [12 Gauge Sabot Rounds, Magnum Ammunition, Alternate Weapon Package].

[20:41:33 30] ProconRulz: Scan_rules[Max-Est] with Event Spawn

[20:41:33 30] ProconRulz: scan_rules[Max-Est] [On Spawn;Spec sp_shotgun_s;Say %p% spawned as %k% WITH spec sp_shotgun_s %c%]

Now I did suicide, changed to Medic with MG3, with Red Dot:

[20:42:51 18] ProconRulz: OnPlayerSpawned [Max-Est] weapons Defibrillator, MP-412 REX, MG3

[20:42:51 19] ProconRulz: Item sp_shotgun_s added to counts. Now [Attackers(count 0): ] [Defenders(count 1): Max-Est]

[20:42:51 19] ProconRulz: [Any] Max-Est spawned. Kit Support. Weapons [Defibrillator, MP-412 REX, MG3]. Specs [12 Gauge Sabot Rounds, Magnum Ammunition, Alternate Weapon Package].

[20:42:51 20] ProconRulz: Scan_rules[Max-Est] with Event Spawn

[20:42:51 20] ProconRulz: scan_rules[Max-Est] [On Spawn;Spec sp_shotgun_s;Say %p% spawned as %k% WITH spec sp_shotgun_s %c%]

You see, there is not possible to wear 12 Gauge with MG3 but ProconRulz still seeing it such way.

Maxxximillian you are exactly right in highlighting the problem, and I've been able to create a few traces from ProconRulz, so don't worry.

The data ProconRulz is *receiving* from the BFBC2 server sometimes incorrectly says the player has the "sp_shotgun_s" specialization, even though they do not even have a shotgun. For whatever reason, once the server gives that error, the error will be repeated every time the player spawns as you describe. Your data at [20:41:33 29] and [20:42:51 19] are a straight listing of the data ProconRulz is receiving from BFBC2.

There's nothing ProconRulz can do directly about the error in the data, but the following workaround should help: combine the "Spec sp_shotgun_s" condition with the "Damage shotgun" condition - this will force the rule to only apply to players with any of the shotguns. I can't be sure the BF server won't still send bad information, but this would limit the problem. I.e.

On Spawn;Damage shotgun;Spec sp_shotgun_s;PlayerSay %p% No shotgun slugs!!;Kill

As before, you can test this without the 'Kill' condition to make sure you're ok with it.

FYI this is certain to be the answer to a concern that was raised months ago with a similar attempt to limit shotgun slugs with the WeaponLimiter plugin - someone thought that had a problem but the cause was never identified.

Thanks for producing the trace, and thanks to my OFc clan buddies for swapping weapons/kits around a few times on our server while I took the log traces.

Thank you, now it is working.

Assault as shotgun with Sabot:

[21:04:04 62] ProconRulz: OnPlayerSpawned [Max-Est] weapons C4 Explosive, MP-412 REX, Neostead 2000 Combat

[21:04:04 62] ProconRulz: Item sp_shotgun_s added to counts. Now [Attackers(count 0): ] [Defenders(count 1): Max-Est]

[21:04:04 63] ProconRulz: [Any] Max-Est spawned. Kit Assault. Weapons [C4 Explosive, MP-412 REX, Neostead 2000 Combat]. Specs [12 Gauge Sabot Rounds, Magnum Ammunition, Alternate Weapon Package].

[21:04:04 63] ProconRulz: Scan_rules[Max-Est] with Event Spawn

[21:04:04 64] ProconRulz: scan_rules[Max-Est] [On Spawn;Damage shotgun;Spec sp_shotgun_s;PlayerSay %p% No shotgun slugs!!;Kill]

After kill I changed to Medic with MG3:

[21:04:25 37] ProconRulz: [Any] Max-Est spawned. Kit Support. Weapons [Defibrillator, MP-412 REX, MG3]. Specs [12 Gauge Sabot Rounds, Magnum Ammunition, Alternate Weapon Package].

[21:04:25 38] ProconRulz: Scan_rules[Max-Est] with Event Spawn

[21:04:25 38] ProconRulz: scan_rules[Max-Est] [On Spawn;Damage shotgun;Spec sp_shotgun_s;PlayerSay %p% No shotgun slugs!!;Kill]

[21:04:25 39] ProconRulz: test_rule[Max-Est] with event Spawn

[21:04:25 39] ProconRulz: Test spawn item [DAMAGE Shotgun] Not Found

And it didn't killed me any more so thank you very much!

@Legate - thanks very much for the detailed output. There's a definite bug in the 'Teamsize' condition, also confirmed with data from Morpheus's server. Your info confirms it affects both Rush and Conquest mode. I've identified the source of the error and will produce a fix in the next few days. In the meantime the Teamsize condition cannot be relied upon as it blips to zero as new players join the server. Apologies - the fix is written but is a comprehensive re-write of the affected code and needs testing.

thanks - Bambam

Excellent, I'll be waiting for the new version, in the meanwhile I'll be set the plugin to warning not to punish.

Thanks bambam

Here is a beta of an updated ProconRulz (version 31c) with the bugfix for the Teamsize condition. (edit: attachment removed as this code is now in the production version at the top of this thread)

This version has been tested over the past 48 hours without issues, and if nothing turns up in the next couple of days I'll post this version to the top of this thread.

The bug was simply that ProconRulz would incorrectly count the size of the smaller team when certain events occurred, so a rule such as "On Kill;Teamsize 4;Damage VehicleHeavy;Kill" might be applied in error when teams were *bigger* than 4.

To see the 'teamsize' being used by ProconRulz (the number of players in the *smaller* team), try the following rule:

On Spawn;Log %p% spawned on team %pt%, min teamsize is %n%

The output will appear in the Procon chat window (if you temporarily want this info to appear in-game, replace the 'Log' action with 'Say'.)

(ProconRulz FAQ is here*)

Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT)*:

Will test it out once I am back at home (proxy at works prevents me from connecting to my root :tongue:).

If you need to test it on Conquest too, the version on my layer will be updated in a few hours...

Up & running on my servers too.

Will report back later, all 3 are empty atm.

If you need more Conquest-Testing, the login-data still stayed the same.

Log:

17:59:28] LaG* Foxik_Killer [sTG.77 AUG] Wiiguy21

[17:59:33] ProconRulz: pORDEX spawned on team Any, min teamsize is 10

[17:59:37] ProconRulz: Ionic spawned on team Any, min teamsize is 10

[17:59:39] ProconRulz: NYC DAVE JOHNSON spawned on team Any, min teamsize is 10

[17:59:40] ProconRulz: Wiiguy21 spawned on team Any, min teamsize is 10

[17:59:43] WarOfGun has joined the server..

[17:59:46] =Mad+Thing= [uZI] 0Pittbull0

[17:59:46] #FRG.net |QC| [C4 Explosive] LaG* Foxik_Killer

[17:59:46] arielus [uAV Missile] BluePaladin

[17:59:51] Wiiguy21 [M416] vodkamonkey

[17:59:57] ProconRulz: BluePaladin spawned on team Any, min teamsize is 0

[17:59:59] Dangerous Dave [XM8 LMG] deathchewy

[17:59:59] ProconRulz: 0Pittbull0 spawned on team Any, min teamsize is 0

[18:00:00] ProconRulz: Foxik_Killer spawned on team Any, min teamsize is 0

[18:00:03] ProconRulz: vodkamonkey spawned on team Any, min teamsize is 0

[18:00:12] ProconRulz: deathchewy spawned on team Any, min teamsize is 11

[18:00:13] Dangerous Dave [XM8 LMG] deathchewy

[18:00:16] TigerSmoke [XM8 Prototype] vodkamonkey

[18:00:16] 0Pittbull0 [GOL Sniper Magnum] TigerSmoke

[18:00:16] #FRG.net |QC| [G3] Dangerous Dave

Map: Valparaiso, 21/22 players

Legate - that looks like the bug from version 31b - teamsize temporarily goes to zero when a player joins. Can you check the ProconRulz details page and check it says 31c ?

Gracias - Bambam

ah, thanks Legate. Interesting... the player-tracking code in 31.c6 is completely re-written from 31b. I wonder what's going on - it's not as simple as a basic coding error. Maybe BFBC2 occasionally reports the player list as empty. I'll find out but it'll take a little bit of analysis. In the meantime the 'teamsize' condition is shagged.

thanks again. Bambam

Thanks Morpheus - I'm assuming 2 players is one on each team, so ProconRulz should be reporting a minimum teamsize of 1. Frickin thing ran on our servers all this weekend without having a problem once.

To fix it I'll have ProconRulz watch out for the issue occurring and cough up the input data at the time of the event. Wierd thing is I'm pretty sure WeaponLimiter is showing the same behaviour and ProconRulz is using independent code.

I've got a couple of ideas though.

Bambam

**edit** I linked to a beta copy of an updated ProconRulz here but for now I've got some good trace data of the 'teamsize' issue from Morpheus's server so will absorb that for a while...

Bambam

Originally Posted by Makovar*:

Hi.

Is it possible to detect with what weapon a player suicide. It would be cool to announce someone fail with c4 and kick him after 3 suicides with it. My server has limited weapons allowed and people are using c4 too often.

The next thing I tryed was rule about knife kills.

Something like that:

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Count 4;Log %p% has %c% knife kills

And it starts to display 4th kill and every next kill. How to make it to announce only 4th, 8th, 12th and so on?

And how about the "first knife" message? I can't find it in any of Procon plugins? Saw it only on BC2CC controlled servers.

Detecting the suicide weapon should be as usual:

On Suicide;Weapon DTN-4;Say %p% just suicided with C4

You can add a rule above that to detect the 3rd suicide with C4 (i.e. count more than 2).

On Suicide;Weapon DTN-4;Count 2;Say %p% suicided 3 times with C4 and was kicked;Kick excessive use of C4

On Suicide;Weapon DTN-4;Say %p% just suicided with C4

(is it just me? walk-in players on our server have started throwing C4 all over the place. It brings nade-spam to a new level.)

Note that the counts for that player will continue if they re-join the server, i.e. the next C4 suicide will be their 4th, so they'll get kicked again. Counts reset at round end.

I've never needed to do it but the technique to limit a rule to only the FIRST time is to put a rule with the same conditions ABOVE it with a count of 1 so that always gets fired instead of the 'first' rule. E.g. for first knife kill:

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Count 1

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Say %p% first knife kill on %v% !!

(see? the first rule is a 'do nothing' if those conditions succeed more than once.)

to be clear though - counts are PER-PLAYER, which might not be what you want, i.e. 'first knife kill' will be first knife kill for that player. When that player gets a 2nd/3rd/4th knife kill, nothing will happen. But if another player gets a knife kill, that will be *their* first and another message will appear. You can see per-player counts make sense when you're trying to kick someone after 3 suicides, not kick whichever player happened to do the third suicide by anyone on the server... but if you want a message to appear for the first knife kill by any player in a round, but then no further messages I can't think of a way you could do that in ProconRulz currently.

I left the teamcheck-"rule" running for now, seems to be working currently.

Did you get any useful information earlier?

EDIT: I should have said it loud. Got the bug again. Will create a nice "compilation" of logs for you.

EDIT2: Sent it to you via PM cause the logfiles contain some GUIDs...

Originally Posted by Makovar*:

My english is poor. Hope you will understand what I'm going to say.

to be clear though - counts are PER-PLAYER, which might not be what you want, i.e. 'first knife kill' will be first knife kill for that player. When that player gets a 2nd/3rd/4th knife kill, nothing will happen. But if another player gets a knife kill, that will be *their* first and another message will appear. You can see per-player counts make sense when you're trying to kick someone after 3 suicides, not kick whichever player happened to do the third suicide by anyone on the server... but if you want a message to appear for the first knife kill by any player in a round, but then no further messages I can't think of a way you could do that in ProconRulz currently.

Ok, thanks for your answers. I tested it and now I know how it works.

It's not a big deal about this first knife of the round. Just had to ask is it possible or not.

So about 4th and 8th kills...

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Count 4

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Count 3;All %p% knifed %v% and has 4 knife kills now!

Can I make Count 7;Say %p% killed %v% and has 8 knife kills now! or Count 4 just brakes all another after it?

(is it just me? walk-in players on our server have started throwing C4 all over the place. It brings nade-spam to a new level.)

My servers is pistol only with c4 and grenades allowed so all assaults and recons are equipped with c4 and some people using it too much.

So now with this awesome rule if a player killing somebody with it and suicide himself - the victim can see that and say something like "noob" or "kamikaze". People like it.

Note that the counts for that player will continue if they re-join the server, i.e. the next C4 suicide will be their 4th, so they'll get kicked again. Counts reset at round end.

That's not a problem. One more time after this is enough I think.

Thanks again. I love it!

Yes, as you suggest, to announce a players 1st, 4th,8th and 12th knife kill just put those counts in rules higher up:

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Count 12

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Count 11;All %p% knifed %v% for 12th knife kill!

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Count 8

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Count 7;All %p% knifed %v% and has 8 knife kills now!

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Count 4

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Count 1

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;All %p% knifed %v% for knife kill #1!

Where you're using the 'all' action (say+yell+log) the alternatives are Yell, Say, PlayerSay (say only to the player that did the kill) and VictimSay (say only to the person that was killed). You can have multiple actions in one rule, so you can Say one thing and PlayerSay another. And if you 'PlayerSay', only the player that caused the event (i.e. a Kill) will see it, so you can use more of those than 'Say' which generates a lot of messages.

So here are your rules with some PlayerSay and VictimSay actions included:

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Count 12;PlayerSay Knife kill #%c%;VictimSay You were knifed by %p%

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Count 11;All %p% knifed %v% for 12th knife kill!

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Count 8;PlayerSay Knife kill #%c%;VictimSay You were knifed by %p%

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Count 7;All %p% knifed %v% and has 8 knife kills now!

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Count 4;PlayerSay Knife kill #%c%;VictimSay You were knifed by %p%

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;Count 1;PlayerSay Knife kill #%c%;VictimSay You were knifed by %p%

On Kill;Weapon knv-1;All %p% knifed %v% for knife kill #1!