ProconRulz - take admin action on triggers, e.g. weapon limit

ImportBot

Originally Posted by Rapidorg*:

Before you uploaded the plugin did you stopped the proconlayer? I had it once and the plugin didnt show up either. Stop the procon services for the server then upload en restart works great here.

Good to hear its working.. have fun with this nice piece of work

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImportBot

Originally Posted by wuyanxu*:

Many many thanks for fast responses.

E.g. "Damage (SniperRifle not including Weapon VSS) 3" - ProconRulz can't do that.

Same limitation as above. It's easy to *allow* VSS, but if you're checking 'Damage SniperRifle' then the player spawned with the VSS will count towards that. I.e. with a rule

On Spawn;Not Weapon VSS;Damage SniperRifle 3;Say %p% sniper limit;Kill

Player spawning with VSS will always be allowed, and SniperRifle count can be arbitrarily high as it will include the VSS players. But when a GOL player spawns he will be subject to the SniperRifle 3 count including the VSS players. Again not what you really want.

This is not ideal but will have to do it seems. The idea is to encourage medium to close recon support rather than to restrict recon class as a whole. VSS is the hardest to snipe at long range.

And if I understand it correctly, your ; is equal to AND? But what is Say and Kill doing in that statement? Can I have unlimited amount of test conditions between Spawn and Say? Finally, are phases such as "Kit Recon" or "Weapon M95" counters? It is compared with the number after itself?

Sorry, I am slightly confused here, "Not Weapon VSS" seems completely different to use of "Weapon GOL" in other statements. What data type is it exactly? Or am I trying too hard?

Originally Posted by bambam*:

wuyanxu you need to at least look at the info that's available;

which lists the usable weapon keys etc and also a which gives sample rulz for a variety of use cases (e.g. weapon limit, auto-teamkill kicks)

Originally Posted by trnapster*:

Would'nt that work to limit only Bolt Action Rifles:

Code:

On Spawn;Not Weapon VSS;Not Weapon SVU;Not Weapon QBU88;Damage Sniperrifle 3;Kill
For understanding:

On Spawn: EVENT/TRIGGER, When Player is spawning

Not Weapon: CONDITION, true if the listed weapon isnt equipped by the player

Damage: CONDITION, true if equipped weapon = listed type (for example Sniper); 3 = counter (if exceeded then true)

Kill; RESULT, if all conditions are true the player gets killed

Please BamBam correct me if I'm wrong, but this should work well.

nope - the issue is with the count on "Damage SniperRifle 3"... say 5 players before you have spawned with a VSS, no problem for them, the rule doesn't fire 'cos of the "Not Weapon VSS" condition. But you spawn with a GOL, the rule steps through all the "Not Weapon VSS" stuff until it reaches the "Damage SniperRifle 3" condition. At this point ProconRulz will check "How many players have spawned with a weapon that can do damage 'SniperRifle' and come up with the correct answer 6 (your GOL plus the 5 VSS players already spawned). So you get killed.

Each condition just does what it does, and the "Damage SniperRifle X" condition checks the current player has spawned with a weapon that can do damage 'SniperRifle' and counts how many other players on the team also have spawned with weapons that can do damage 'SniperRifle', and compares that count with the number in the rule.

You'd want some other condition to achieve a 3 (GOL+M95+... bolt-action snipers) limit. Or you hope the spawncounts in "Damage SniperRifle 3" would somehow take into account other conditions earlier in the rule, but this isn't how ProconRulz works. Or maybe there'd be a condition that checks "Of the players currently spawned, how many triggered this rule" - I reckon this is more the thing you need, but that isn't the "Damage SniperRifle N" condition.

Ups. I see :ohmy:

Maybe you could build in an OR function. The ; in between the Conditions act as AND but it would be nice to have a possibility to connect the Conditions with OR

Like:

Weapon GOL:Weapon M24:Weapon ...

Or maybe you change the syntax nearly like If (I know it is IF;THEN;ELSE but I mean ON;IF;THEN or sth like that):

Spawn;((Weapon VSS) or (Waepon SVU)) and (Spec sp_buldmplus);Kill

Maybe you could make an alternative Version with this Syntax and with or.

Omg this would be a s**tload of work for sure if it is even possible. I just keep dreamin :ohmy:

sorry, when i clicked on it last night, the page didn't load, so i assumed it was a dead link.

very well documented. thank you developers.

looks like it's going to be straight forward. the NOT WEAPON VSS will be the best way to do it.

trnapster's idea is very nice, you've already built logical AND, can't you build in a logical OR? pleeeease :smile:

You can do an OR with

On Spawn;Weapon GOL;Kill

On Spawn;Weapon M95;Kill

is the same as

On Spawn;(Weapon GOL) OR (Weapon M95);Kill

It takes a bit more writing out, that's all.

Spawn;((Weapon VSS) or (Waepon SVU)) and (Spec sp_buldmplus);Kill

is

On Spawn;Weapon VSS;Spec sp_buldmplus;Kill

On Spawn;Weapon SVU;Spec sp_buldmplus;Kill

Your problem is with the counts, trust me...

exactly wuyanxu, full marks.

It's a tricky problem of how more general counts might be implemented. The requirement could include counts of a mix of weapons and damage types (e.g. spas12 + sniperrifle)

Originally Posted by Blackhand-Bonehead*:

bambam could you check if this is ok and let me know where I am wrong if poss. I want server to kick tk at 3 and ban at 6 when no admin. and can you show me how to stop helis like tanks until 6 v 6.

Cheers

#======Admin Anounce=====

On Join;Admin;Yell Admin %p% joining

#=====SNIPER RULZ=====

# =====No attacking snipers=====

Team Attack;Kit Recon 2;PlayerSay >>%p%

# No sniper rifle kills by non-Recon (prevents WeaponLimiter workaround)

On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;Not Kit Recon;Say >>%p%

#===== Limit snipers when small teams=====

Teamsize 3;Kit Recon;PlayerSay >>%p%

Teamsize 9;Kit Recon 1;PlayerSay >>%p%

# =====Normal sniper limits for full server=====

Kit Recon 8;Count 3;Say >>%p%

Kit Recon 8;Count 2;PlayerSay >>%p%

Kit Recon 8;PlayerSay >>%p%

#=====TEAMKILL RULZ=====

On TeamKill;Weapon DEFIB;Say >>%p%

On Teamkill;Count 3;Say >>%p%

On Teamkill;Damage SniperRifle;Say >>%p%

On Teamkill;Say >>%p%

#=====TEAMKILL RULZ NOT ADMIN=====

On Teamkill;Count 3;Not Admins;Kick Kicked for teamkills

On Teamkill;Count 6;Not Admins;Ban Banned for teamkilling

On Teamkill;Yell [%p%] teamkilled [%v%] with %w%, range %r% (teamkill #%c%)

#=====TANK RULZ=====

# On Kill;Teamsize 1;Damage VehicleHeavy;PlayerSay >>%p%

On Kill;Damage VehicleHeavy;Teamsize 6;Yell No Tank Kills Until More Than 6 Players Per Team;Kill

Been Reading is this right.

#=====AIR RULZ=====

On Kill;Damage VehicleAir;Teamsize 6;Yell No Helicopters Until More Than 6 Players Per Team;Kill

Originally Posted by cpt*:

I want to yell a message, when a tank kill is made and less than 5 players per team. But the message does not show up:

On Kill;Map Laguna Alta;Damage VehicleHeavy;Teamsize 4;yell No tank until 5 vs 5!

Whats wrong with that?

@cpt: looks ok to me. At a guess you have a rule higher up that is firing instead. Basic rule debug technique is comment out your other rulz with the same trigger (put a '#' as the first character), and use 'Log' (or Say) actions with a liberal dose of %x% substitution variables. E.g. to see if the rule is reached at all, try "On Kill;Log %p% reached the rule". To see if the map condition is doing what you think it should, extend the rule to "On Kill;Map Laguna Alta;Log %p% just killed on %m%". Then gradually extend the rule out with the same technique.

Note the map name is a partial match to anywhere in the actual map name OR the map file name (mp_006gr kind of thing). In general you have to be a bit careful because "Valparaiso" does NOT match the map you think it would (have a careful look at the spelling of the map next time you see it) so "Map Valpa" is safer (guess how I found that out). Having said that "Map Laguna Alta" actually looks ok.

@stuckmoto - thanks - phogue.net wiki is spammed periodically - I've rolled the page back to what it should be. I'll have a word with Phogue to change the permissions...

@Bonehead - hehe I can see you're on the way to becoming a ProconRulz guru... Your teamkill rulz *above* the ones you added will always fire before your new ones, because they have no 'Admins' conditions. If you want the first set to apply when Admins are online, and the second set when there are no Admins, see below. Your "Damage VehicleAir" rule looks fine.

YOUR RULZ AS NOW:

#=====TEAMKILL RULZ=====

On Teamkill;Say >>%p%THIS RULE WILL BLOCK ALL TEAMKILL RULZ BELOW

#=====TEAMKILL RULZ NOT ADMIN=====

On Teamkill;Count 3;Not Admins;Kick Kicked for teamkills

On Teamkill;Count 6;Not Admins;Ban Banned for teamkilling

On Teamkill;Yell [%p%] teamkilled [%v%] with %w%, range %r% (teamkill #%c%) Duplicate of rule above

MY SUGGESTION:

The easy way to separate two sets of rulz for the Admins vs Not Admins situation is put those conditions into every rule concerned (i.e. you added the Not Admins to the second set, but should have added "Admins" to the top set. I'm guessing the only difference between your "Admins" and "Not Admins" rulz is the ban after 6 TK's. If so, you could do this:

#=====TEAMKILL RULZ=====

On TeamKill;Not Admins;Count 6;Ban %p% Banned for teamkilling

On Teamkill;Yell >>%p%

Cheers for that. One last thought and it's not a nice one, If I am using these rules and streaming to metabans and using ban rules I am not banning anyone on metabans am I, Only want to ban local until Admins back online and can sortout what went on.

I don't know Boneh - I have meatbans as well but haven't yet triggered an auto-ban to see if that gets propagated up. It'd be logical that it *should* get propagated up with the current meatbans, even though that's not what most people would want. I think meatbans should have a way of providing 'local' and 'global' bans, so admins could be a bit more picky about how much they're screwing players they don't like... you can already see this issue with large followed sites have bans for 'disrespect' which probably shouldn't be included.

many thanks for fast replies.

MapModes string, are they Rush, Conquest and SQDM?

here are the settings im using, seems fine?

Code:

On Spawn;Not Weapon VSS;Not Weapon SVU;Not Weapon QBU88;Damage SniperRifle 4;PlayerSay >>%p%<< Bolt action sniper rifle limit hit, please use other weapon. ;Kill
On Kill;Not MapMode SQDM;Teamsize 4;Damage VehicleHeavy;PlayerSay >>%p%<< No Tank Kills when < 10 players;Kill

SERVER RULZ:
=== Max 4 Sniper Rifles per team === No Tank Kill when less than 10 players ===
=== Camping with a sniper rifle on the attacking side is NOT wanted here ===
sniper limit but only bolt-action is to encourage frontline recons.

also, could you have a victim variable please? i would like to stop using "Kill Tracker" plugin in favour of this one. but this it's missing the victim for messages such as "A embarrassed B using repair tool".

MapMode for sqdm can be displayed in:

On Round;Log Map %m% loaded in mode %mm%

just click the 'nextLevel' icon in Procon until a sqdm mp loads.

E.g. "Map Oasis loaded in mode Rush" or whatever it is for squad deathmatch.

I reckon you can match Squad Deathmatch with a condition "MapMode Deathmatch" (is 'sqdm' in all the file names? if so that's fine)

There is already a victim variable %v% for victim name, and you can write 'say' text that only the victim can see with the action 'VictimSay'. E.g.

for what you asked:

On Kill;Say %p% embarrassed %v% with %w%

or if you want it directed to the victim only (it is a GOOD thing to use PlayerSay and VictimSay, cus that cuts down the general chat traffic a LOT and BF has a bug that lags if there are >100 say messages in the client):

On Kill;VictimSay You were killed by %p% with %w% at range %r%

so %v% is victim? on documentation it says: %v% TeamKill|Suicide rules only)

is it possible to have PlayerBoth as in both Say and Yell to player? there is no PlayerYell commend either.

many thanks for full support. superb plugin, very flexible.

%v% is the victim of any kill - sorry the wiki version of the documentation is cut/pasted from the actual plugin details page and it turns out the wiki chokes on '|' characters that appeared next to the %v% description - fixed on the wiki for now.

PlayerYell is in the 32m.8 beta that is posted higher up this thread, not in the current production version. If no-one flags up any issue by Monday that's going to be the next production release.

I have 'PlayerBoth' as a low priority because in the meantime you can "PlayerSay ;PlayerYell ;' so it's onlvy cut-and-paste. I never use Both or All because often the Yell text should be shorter than the Say anyway.

Originally Posted by VAM*:

Hi,

my wishlist ... can you help me?

my server: 16 slot (2x 8)

to be configured: each team max 4 recon with "one shot one kill" weapons. all other sniper rifles are allowed.

it this possible?

Originally Posted by Rapidorg*:

Short answer.. no.

BFBC2 doesn't know any "one shot one kill" weapons. You have manualy add them to the rules.

See just a few post above to your reply (little work for yourself)

On Spawn;Not Weapon VSS;Not Weapon SVU;Not Weapon QBU88;Damage SniperRifle 4;PlayerSay >>%p%

Originally Posted by millennicum*:

Hi Dev,

is there a major reason, that the BC2 Vietnam weapons, vehicles, maps... are not considered in this plugin?

In the FAQ is empty or i didn´t see it.

Another question to dev, is it possible to assamble this especially weapons... in the plugin?

Hope so.

bambam. Would you mind checking my ruleset and making sure it's ok. I have used your teamkill rules I have tried to increase snipers inline with players joining is that right also your spam sniper kit can that be applied to tanks and helis.

Attached Files:

Your Code:

Code:

On Teamkill;Count 3;Say >>%p%<< kicked for multiple team kills;Kick Kicked for teamkills
Why did you write after Kick Kicked for teamkills without say or anything?

Code:

#===== LIMIT SNIPERS WHEN SMALL TEAMS=====
 Teamsize 3;Kit Recon;PlayerSay >>%p%<< No Snipers if team < 4 players!;Kill 4000
Teamsize 7;Kit Recon 2;PlayerSay >>%p%<< Max 2 Sniper if team < 8 players!;Kill 4000
Teamsize 15;Kit Recon 4;PlayerSay >>%p%<< Max 4 Sniper if team < 16 players!;Kill 4000 
Teamsize 23;Kit Recon 6;PlayerSay >>%p%<< Max 6 Sniper if team < 24 players!;Kill 4000
# =====NORMAL SNIPER LIMITS WHEN SERVER IS FULL=====
Kit Recon 8;Count 3;Say >>%p%<< spamming sniper limit! (#%c%);Kick Spamming the sniper limit
Kit Recon 8;Count 2;PlayerSay >>%p%<< stop spamming sniper limit!
Kit Recon 8;PlayerSay >>%p%<< Max 2 Snipers!;Kill 4000
You need a trigger like on spawn in front of every line

New Rule Set

#======Admin Anounce=====

On Join;Admin;Yell Admin %p% joining...

#=====TANK RULZ=====

On Kill;Damage VehicleHeavy;Teamsize 6;Yell No Tank Until Sides Are 6 v 6;Kill

#=====AIR RULZ=====

On Kill;Damage VehicleAir;Teamsize 6;Yell No Helicopters Until Sides Are 6 v 6;Kill

#=====TEAMKILL RULZ=====

Code:

Reason I belive if defenders have a Sniper he could stop a whole Attacking Team from Getting to Bombs So an Attacking Sniper Would Take Him Out.
 Reason prevents WeaponLimiter workarond)
You have to write a # in every line that doesnt contain code. Like you did in your headers.

All in all your code looks a bit messy :ohmy:

Originally Posted by stuckmoto*:

@bambam I'm using PlayerYell for pubs joining and they are not seeing it. Don't know if the delay is long enough...

On Join;PlayerYell Hello %p% - Type RULZ for server rules

Also...when we put the "tank rule" in it still announces, but doesn't kill @ 6 v 6

On Kill;Damage VehicleHeavy;Teamsize 6;Yell No tank kills until more than 6 players per team;Kill

FYI using the beta32

I don't know Boneh - I have meatbans as well but haven't yet triggered an auto-ban to see if that gets propagated up. It'd be logical that it *should* get propagated up with the current meatbans, even though that's not what most people would want. I think meatbans should have a way of providing 'local' and 'global' bans, so admins could be a bit more picky about how much they're screwing players they don't like... you can already see this issue with large followed sites have bans for 'disrespect' which probably shouldn't be included.

I think it indeed dose I have 2 bans on list and I don't think I put them their will look into it further and let you know.

@Boneh your rulz look ok, I get the 'allow attackers 2 snipers' idea if you allow many snipers on defence... I assume you now to put '#' as teh first char on any line that's a comment. One major problem: your teamsizes are the wrong way round limiting snipers (put largest first) and also the TEAM size is the size of the smallest team, not the total number of players on the server, so you can't have Teamsize 23 unless you have 46 players on teh server. I'm guessing you want teamsizes of half the number you put (e.g. with 10 players on the server, the smallest team can't be bigger than 5). I added "On Spawn" triggers to make trnapster happy, although that is actually the default trigger if you don't have one. So:

#===== LIMIT SNIPERS WHEN SMALL TEAMS=====

On Spawn;Teamsize 12;Kit Recon 6;PlayerSay >>%p%

On Spawn;Teamsize 8;Kit Recon 4;PlayerSay >>%p%

On Spawn;Teamsize 4;Kit Recon 2;PlayerSay >>%p%

On Spawn;Teamsize 2;Kit Recon;PlayerSay >>%p%

I don't think you need to worry too much about players spamming the anti-heli/tank rulz because you already KILL them on every offence which doesn't leave a lot of room for further punishment. If you wanted to kick them after 4 tanks kills it'd be:

On Kill;Damage VehicleHeavy;Teamsize 6;Count 4;Log %p% kicked for tank kills;Kick kicked for tank kills

On Kill;Damage VehicleHeavy;Teamsize 6;Yell No Tank Until Sides Are 6 v 6;Kill

@trnapster the "Kick" and "Ban" actions both have a message that goes to the affected player. Of course the banned player wouldn't see a normal Say message as they are being booted off the server. ALSO the message gets written to the log so it's sometimes helpful checking up on who got screwed, ESPECIALLY with Ban actions because the banlist will only contain their EA_ID. So use "Ban %p% auto-banned, appeal at 1-800-fuckyou" and then the log will contain the ban message including their player name...

@millenicum: Vietnam is supported - a different weapon loadout is configured when a vietnam map is loaded, see the details tab of the ProconRulz plugin. The version of the details tab online is for bfbc2 vanilla. As always, the definitive version is the one you see on teh plugin details tab.

@stuckmoto & trnapster: joining players won't see a Say or Yell message triggered On Join - it's too early. Instead trigger the Yell on their first spawn only (i.e. use condition "Not Count 1" which succeeds when the count of the number of times they've triggered the rule is not bigger than one - this only succeeds when the count IS one, i.e. the first time. Neat eh.

On Spawn;Not Count 1;PlayerYell %p% welcome to the server

stuckmoto I didn't understand your comment:

Also...when we put the "tank rule" in it still announces, but doesn't kill @ 6 v 6

On Kill;Damage VehicleHeavy;Teamsize 6;Yell No tank kills until more than 6 players per team;Kill

You mean you see the Yell "No tank kills..." but then the player isn't killed? The rule is ok. Check the chat log to see what's in there, maybe the player was protected.

Didn't know that. I also wonder what the ban list will say in case of an autoban ^^

Ok will try the Welcome Message when you release the next update. I hope in this week :ohmy:

Till now I still have the WelcomeMassages PlugIn running. I try to replace as many plugins as possible with ProconRulz Code.

I have:

Insane Balancer

Admin and Reserved Slots

Custom Warning Builder

Mixed Spambot

Any suggestions how to replace them?