ProconRulz - take admin action on triggers, e.g. weapon limit

ImportBot

Originally Posted by stuckmoto*:

It's the procon.doc that comes with every procon or every source.

Quick overview:

^0 Black

^1 Maroon (Error color)

^2 Medium Sea Green

^3 Dark Orange

^4 Royal Blue

^5 Cornflower Blue

^6 Dark Violet

^7 Deep Pink

^8 Red

^9 Grey

^b Bold

^n Normal

^i Italicized

^^ ^(Escape character)

So...when I put it in a PlayerSay they actually are seeing the ^#. The chat box is colored. How do you have them not see it?
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImportBot

Originally Posted by HelloKitty*:

Just want to report that bambam' s workaround for the missing grenade-code in vietnam is working as described on page 32.

Have setup a few rules to limit the grenade spam on Vantage Point Rush:

Code:

### Grenade Limit on map ###

#Anounce public in chat player was kicked for breaking grenade limit
On Kill;Map Vantage;MapMode Rush;Weapon HG-2;Team Attack;TeamCount 53; Say >>> %p% was kicked for breaking grenade limit;Kick breaking grenade limit
On Kill;Map Vantage;MapMode Rush;Weapon HG-2;TeamDefend;TeamCount 53; Say >>> %p% was kicked for breaking grenade limit;Kick breaking grenade limit

#Anounce public in chat player was killed for breaking grenade limit
On Kill;Map Vantage;MapMode Rush;Weapon HG-2;Team Attack;TeamCount 51; Say >>> %p% was killed for breaking grenade limit
On Kill;Map Vantage;MapMode Rush;Weapon HG-2;TeamDefend;TeamCount 51; Say >>> %p% was killed for breaking grenade limit

#Anounce public Yell team runs out of grenadekills
On Kill;Map Vantage;MapMode Rush;Weapon HG-2;Team Attack;TeamCount 45; Yell %pt% has %tc% grenadekills out of 50!
On Kill;Map Vantage;MapMode Rush;Weapon HG-2;TeamDefend;TeamCount 45; Yell %pt% has %tc% grenadekills out of 50!

#Anounce public in chat team has X grenadekills left
On Kill;Map Vantage;MapMode Rush;Weapon HG-2;Team Attack;TeamCount 26; Say >>> %pt% has %tc% grenadekills out of 50!
On Kill;Map Vantage;MapMode Rush;Weapon HG-2;TeamDefend;TeamCount 26; Say >>> %pt% has %tc% grenadekills out of 50!

#Anounce public Yell team has 25 grenadekills left
On Kill;Map Vantage;MapMode Rush;Weapon HG-2;Team Attack;TeamCount 25; Yell %pt% has %tc% grenadekills out of 50!
On Kill;Map Vantage;MapMode Rush;Weapon HG-2;TeamDefend;TeamCount 25; Yell %pt% has %tc% grenadekills out of 50!

# Announce public Yell grenade limit on 1st grenade kill
On Kill;Map Vantage;MapMode Rush;Weapon HG-2;Not ServerCount 1;Yell Only 50 grenade kills per team on this map!
... now waiting for the responses from players.

Originally Posted by bambam*:

cool HelloKitty... for completeness I guess it's correct that to get nade support with Procon in Vietnam mode also you did edit BFBC2.VIETNAM.def adding the row:

procon.protected.weapons.add None "HG-2" Auxiliary Explosive

Bambam

Originally Posted by Rapidorg*:

It has been a while since I was on the forum.. sorry for that.

We still experience problems with the connection of Procon with the se of proconrulz. When we turn Proconrulz off then the connections stays active but when Proconrulz is on then after a time we lose the connection. Is there a LOG file from procon somewhere?

Second, when the plugin is active and I have the Sniperrule on; On Spawn;Kit Recon 1;Kill this will kill almost everybody with an assault kit. Very strange... This is for a SQDM server

Rapidorg - ProconRulz v32 writes into the plugin log pretty much any time something unexpected happens, so if you don't see anything in there then ProconRulz thinks everything is normal. There's an exception trap on almost every routine, which is fairly unique for Procon plugins, but by now the v32 code detects all the 'unusual' events and handles them gracefully (e.g. you can get a player kill reported by BF from a player that doesn't exist on the player list from Battlefield, or a player can be killed with a weapon type of 'null'). Nevertheless a new unexpected glitch should be detected as a 'recoverable exception' in the plugin log.

Is it possible your rulz are generating a high number of messages (e.g. Log messages on all spawns and kills) which are being pumped through a layer server to a client procon instance on a slow connection? (I'm fishing here). Maybe that would be possible to cause stuff to back up.

Have you confirmed it's the Procon that's died, or is it just the layer server that dies? If Procon dies then *it* will often write its exception state to DEBUG.txt so looking in there will be helpful.

You *could* try a test with all the rulz deleted and leave ProconRulz enabled, to see if Procon still dies...

re the snipers rule:

---------------------

The only possible reason I can think your Recon rule isn't working would be because some other rule higher up is killing Assaults, or your rule as typed isn't quite exact... can you cut-and-paste ALL your actual rulz and I'll have a look?

Meanwhile you could modify your Recon limit rule to:

On Spawn;Kit Recon 1;Kill;Log %p% %k% %pt% slayed by sniper limit

It will log something like "[OFc] bambam Recon Alpha slayed by sniper limit" and if there's the error you think there is it'll say "Fred Assault Bravo slayed by sniper limit" and then we definitely know there's something extremely wierd happening. If I was to guess, I suspect you're using the "TeamKit Recon 1" rule not "Kit Recon 1"... or maybe there's a rule higher up that also has a 'Kill' action. In general *any* rule with a Kill action should also have a comprehensive Log action with plenty of %p%, %k%, %pt%, %v%, %w% kind of crapola in it to log why the kill happened - an auto-kill of a player shouldn't be a high-frequency event...

Bambam

The debug file says constantly an exception:

Exception caught at:

G:\procon\src\PRoCon.Core\Remote\FrostbiteConnecti on.cs

Line 132

Method RaiseEvent

DateTime: zondag 31 juli 2011 20:25:45

Version: 1.0.0.2

Packet:

PRoCon.Core.Remote.PRoConClient ::: Void PRoConClient_ReservedSlotsList(PRoCon.Core.Remote. FrostbiteClient, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[system.String]) ::: ---PRoCon.Core.Remote.BFBC2Client---System.Collections.Generic.List`1[system.String]

Additional:

Het doel van een aanroep heeft een uitzondering veroorzaakt.

bij System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Objec t target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)

bij System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)

bij System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)

bij PRoCon.Core.Remote.FrostbiteConnection.RaiseEvent( Delegate[] a_delInvokes, Object[] a_objArguments) in G:\procon\src\PRoCon.Core\Remote\FrostbiteConnecti on.cs:regel 132

=======================================

So im looking. I tryed youre option to delete the rules. Only 20min running at this point so no crash yet. Ohw, it's locally connected trough a layer but I need to restart the whole procon for that specific server.

Here are my rules. Some line are typed in dutch.

# Uitleg staat bij details. Alles met # is een niet actieve regel.

# Tank Rules

On Kill; Damage VehicleHeavy;Say %p% has been kicked for using tank;Kick using tank

# Weapon kill Rules

#Rockets (RPG, CG en AT). Deze staan apart om verschil aan te brengen in rockets en tube:

On kill;Weapon RPG7;Count 2;Kick Overusing Rockets;Say %p% has been kicked for overusing Rockets

On kill;Weapon RPG7;Count 1;PlayerYell Last WARNING don't overuse Rockets

On kill;Weapon RPG7;Count 0;PlayerYell Don't overuse Rockets

On kill;Weapon M2CG;Count 2;Kick Overusing Rockets;Say %p% has been kicked for overusing Rockets

On kill;Weapon M2CG;Count 1;PlayerYell Last WARNING don't overuse Rockets

On kill;Weapon M2CG;Count 0;PlayerYell Don't overuse Rockets

On kill;Weapon M136;Count 2;Kick Overusing Rockets;Say %p% has been kicked for overusing Rockets

On kill;Weapon M136;Count 1;PlayerYell Last WARNING don't overuse Rockets

On kill;Weapon M136;Count 0;PlayerYell Don't overuse Rockets

#Noobtube:

On kill;Weapon 40mmgl;Count 4;Kick Overusing 40mm Grenade Laucnher;Say %p% has been kicked for overusing Noobtube

On kill;Weapon 40mmgl;Count 3;PlayerYell Last WARNING don't overuse 40mm Grenade Launcher

On kill;Weapon 40mmgl;Count 2;PlayerYell Don't overuse 40mm Grenade Launcher

# Mortars

On kill;Weapon MRTR-5;Count 4;Kick Overusing Mortars;Say %p% has been kicked for overusing Mortars

On kill;Weapon MRTR-5;Count 3;PlayerYell Last WARNING don't overuse Mortars

On kill;Weapon MRTR-5;Count 2;PlayerYell Don't overuse Mortars

# C4

On kill;Weapon DTN-4;Count 4;Kick Overusing C4;Say %p% has been kicked for overusing C4

On kill;Weapon DTN-4;Count 3;PlayerYell Last WARNING don't overuse C4

On kill;Weapon DTN-4;Count 2;PlayerYell Don't overuse C4

# Sniper rules

On Spawn;Damage SniperRifle 1;PlayerYell %p% only 1 sniper per squad;Log %p% sniper limit. Team: %pt%. Weapons: %w%. Damage: %d%;Kill

On Kill;Not Kit Recon;Damage SniperRifle;Say %p% no sniper rifle pickup;Kill

# Fun stuff (Kill streaks enz.)

On Kill; Weapon knv-1;Count 3; Say %p% is shanking all those noobs

#On Kill;Headshot;Count 3; Say %p% is shooting all of you through the eyes

On kill; Weapon DEFIB;Count 0; Say %p% electrocuted %v%

The last rule I already tryed to change to different things. Worked out great in the beta

thanks rapidorg - DEBUG.txt often has quite a few errors in it from Procon - are you actually sure the error you listed coincides with Procon crashing? The error you listed relates to processing of "reservedSlots" list events... when you say the log is full of those errors do they all refer to "PRoConClient_ReservedSlotsList(" as the one you copied does (I notice that one is quite old...). IF so, it will be worth checking your reserved slots list doesn't contain something wierd that is causing Procon to crash. ProconRulz *does* request the reserved slots list when the plugin is enabled and also at each round start, but that error looks like it's 'internal' to Procon, i.e. I don't think that error is directy caused by an error in a plugin.

Your 'green' sniper rule needs %k% in the log message somewhere to test your theory that Assaults are being killed (although you can guess from the %w% info...). Let me know what the log says.

Bambam

Let me know what the log says from the sniper rules -

@ Stuckmoto: There is a different count for Rockets and 40mm.

@ Bambam: I cleared the rules from ProconRulz but left it on. Still no crash of the layer. I have the 'Protect 'reserved slot' disabled but i dont know if that rules out proconrulz of reqeusting the slot list

I will add some log rules to see what happends

EDIT: Still no crash of proconlayer. Seems that it is somewhere in the rules? I'm gonna try to add the rules 1 by 1 and see when it crashes.

proconRulz automatically issues the "reservedSlots.list" admin command on startup and on each rond change, regardless of the 'protect reserved slots' settings. I guess it would be more efficient to only do that if the option is set but the data is negligible compared to the normal server events.

If you check the 'log events' checkbox in the console window, it might give a clue what's in there if Procon crashes - it'll record everything sent to and from the BF server.

When I'm diagnosing problems, I have the chat, plugin and console logs all open in Notepad++.

Bambam

Well it seems that something is happening when I put the Noobtube and Rocketrules as I described before in. I only have 2 rules running at this time. The sniper rule and the tank rule works good but adding more (rockets) rules will crash the layer.

Im gonna test tomorrow with the console logging.

Originally Posted by apok*:

I don't have time to read all the comments as this thread has grown pretty big.

Can you comment on the race condition that occurs on a server that has a 2-recon kit limit:

player a is playing as recon, player b joins and takes the 2nd recon slot.

player a dies, and is waiting to respawn

player c spawns as recon taking the 2nd slot

player a re-spawns and is killed for exceeding the recon limit

1) Is this possible at all?

Originally Posted by Valour*:

I'm going to sound like a newb, because I'm sure this has either already been answered, or not asked due to the level of tech knowledge here; however.

Great plugin, but is there a way to limit snipers, without limiting the weapons? I have this running, however a sniper dies, someone picks up his weapon, sniper spawns, server kills him because there are now more than two sniper rifles on his team. Not really fair is it?

I'll answer the above two posts together, as they are really the same.

I need to use the terms Kit and Weapon and Damage correctly to give a full answer.

Firstly, the answer to both questions is simple - if you want a player that ALREADY has a kit or weapon that is limited in a rule to 'reserve' that item for when they respawn, just select that option IN THE PROCONRULZ SETTINGS. Then the scenario you describe will not happen and player C will be prevented from spawning as Recon and player A will re-spawn as recon even though player C is temporarily alive as a Recon.

Note that players defined as 'protected' e.g. All admins plus reservedSlots players if you chose that option, will always keep whatever kit/ weapon they chose, so if they are player C then player A is shit-out-of-luck. This is easiest thought of as an admin can always take one of the 2 sniper slots if they want it.

Note that kits (recon), weapons (m95) and/ or damage(sniperrifle) can all be limited in rule so you are not just limited to recons.

Other players can PICK UP a dropped sniper weapon and you can set a rule that detects this. in this case the player may NOT have kit 'recon' so it is up to you if you actually care about the recon kit or the weapon.

@rapidorg - it sounds to me like you don't have problems with Assaults being killed by your Recon rulz as you mentioned earlier. Also if the layer server dies, but your plugins are running on the top-level procon, then I'd expect the plugins including ProconRulz to continue to run - I'm not sure of your situation. If you're generating a lot of traffic *downstream* of a layer server maybe we could see if that's the issue - I haven't found the layer server very robust at the best of times.

You can set the Procon console to log events (via 'events' checkbox in bottom right of 'Console' tab, plus enable Console logging). It might also be useful to put the Procon console into 'debug' mode although I've never needed to do that myself. ProconRulz can be set in 'Trace Rulz' mode (via the plugin settings, and also enable Procon 'plugin logging') but this should *ONLY* be done for a top-level Procon, because that *will* generate a lot of log traffic - not a problem at all on a top-level procon but I already know that will cause a downstream Procon to choke up.

If you PM me the logs I'll be happy to take a peek.

Bambam

Originally Posted by Cain*:

I'll answer the above two posts together, as they are really the same.

I need to use the terms Kit and Weapon and Damage correctly to give a full answer.

Firstly, the answer to both questions is simple - if you want a player that ALREADY has a kit or weapon that is limited in a rule to 'reserve' that item for when they respawn, just select that option IN THE PROCONRULZ SETTINGS. Then the scenario you describe will not happen and player C will be prevented from spawning as Recon and player A will re-spawn as recon even though player C is temporarily alive as a Recon.

Hi BamBam... I can confirm that at least on my server the recon limit does not work this way.

To test it, I selected Recon at the start of a map, played it fine until about 10 mins into the map, then I died and when I tried to respawn and I was killed over and over for having Recon, event though I had been recon the entire time. Perhaps something is not set correctly on my server? I do have that Player_reserves_item_until_respawn set.

Guys bitch about this constantly... "Hey WTH, I have been recon the whole map, now I'm getting killed for being recon!_!_"...

I'm hearing that several times nightly.

Thanks Cain I'll try it on our server (I'd better be quick because we're going BF3 and ditching BFBC2)... . I'm rarely a sniper so it's not an issue I'd personally spot quickly. Can you please list your sniper rulz, just for completeness -I'm not expecting that to indicate a problem. Can you PM me a chat log that has the recon being killed?

Can you check an admin/protected player hadn't spawned as recon in the meantime? A protected player will *always* steal a recon slot from a walk-in if they want it...

yeah I'm guessing that's what happened.

In simple terms, a 2-recon limit will always kill the most recent non-protected player to spawn as a recon if there are already 2 recons successfully spawned on the team (or sqdm squad). That's basically the point of the sniper limit. Any player that is auto-killed does *not* add to the count during the brief period they are alive so that has no effect on players that have reserved an item (by successfully grabbing it first...). A *protected* player (e.g. an Admin) will always get the item of their choice, but they *will* count towards the team limit. If an Admin spawns as Recon on a server already at the team recon limit, they will succeed so the team is temporarily *above* the limit, but the next Recon to die will not be able to re-spawn as Recon.

Admins just have to know that when they take a restricted weapon, it's not a freebie, they're potentially taking it off a walk-in player if the team is already at the limit. This isn't an issue in practice at the start of a round as then the Admins just effectively win the 'race' to get the sniper rifles if that's what they want.

The rule working that way means that an admin taking a sniper rifle is less likely to 'stack' their team with more snipers than the opposing side which would not seem fair to me if admin snipers were just in addition to the ones the team already had within the limit.

For OFc the general routine is to have the clan buy into the fact we want our server to be mostly rush/objectives based so if we put in sniper limits we don't have admins routinely ignore them (even though they could). We do have one (paying admin) player who always seems to go sniper regardless of the limits (although he does rush) but at least we see the log messages (GaySniperGuy protected from kill by ProconRulz) so we know which admin is closest to abusing the rulz.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by RasGhuL*:

@bambam

Can you write the script to restrict the use of tanks with less than 8 players total on server. Although the below line seems to be killing even when there is 10 people on the server. Help!

I'm currently using; (I may need to increase the Teamsize factor_)

# TANK RULZ

On Kill;Teamsize 7;Damage VehicleHeavy;PlayerSay >>%p%

Originally Posted by Legate*:

Not 100% sure, but Teamsize 7 = smallest team has 7 players (which would be 14 in total)

So you would probably want to use Teamsize 4?

You are right, the plugin counts by team no total players on server.

Originally Posted by Blackhand-Bonehead*:

Hi Bambam could you check these rules over please. I have installed latest update put these rules in but nothing seems to trigger players can spawn on empty server and pick up sniper kit. Also I have used the new rule vehicle kill rate is that right.

My Rules Below

#======Admin Anounce=====

On Join;Admin;Yell Admin %p% joining...

#=====TANK RULZ=====

On Kill;Not Admins;Damage VehicleHeavy;Count 6;Ban %p% Banned for repeated Tank killing

On Kill;Damage VehicleHeavy;Teamsize 6;Count 3;Log %p% kicked for tank kills;Kick kicked for repeated Tank killing

On Kill;Damage VehicleHeavy;Teamsize 5;Yell No Tank Until Sides Are 6 v 6;Kill

#=====AIR RULZ=====

On Kill;Not Admins;Damage VehicleHeavy;Count 6;Ban %p% Banned for repeated Helicopter killing

On Kill;Damage VehicleAir;Teamsize 5;Count 3;Log %p% kicked for Helicopters kills;Kick kicked for repeated Helicopter killing

On Kill;Damage VehicleAir;Teamsize 5;Yell No Helicopters Until Sides Are 6 v 6;Kill

#===== Limit Vehiclekills=====

On Kill;Damage VehicleAir;PlayerCount 30;Say %p% no more chopper kills for you!;Kill

On Kill;Damage VehicleAir;PlayerCount 28;Say %p% you will get punished if you dont leave the chopper!

On Kill;Damage VehicleAir;PlayerCount 26;Say %p% Let someone else get the chopper! Stop Hogging it.

#=====TEAMKILL RULZ=====

On TeamKill;Not Admins;Count 6;Ban %p% Banned for teamkilling

On Teamkill;Count 3;Say >>%p%

On TeamKill;Weapon DEFIB;Say >>%p%

On Teamkill;Damage SniperRifle;Say >>%p%

On Teamkill;Yell >>%p%

#=====SNIPER RULZ=====

# =====NO KILLS BY NON SNIPER KITS=====

# Reason prevents WeaponLimiter workaround)

On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;Not Kit Recon;Say >>%p%

#===== LIMIT SNIPERS WHEN SMALL TEAMS=====

On Spawn;Teamsize 10;Kit Recon 8;PlayerSay >>%p%

# =====NORMAL SNIPER LIMITS WHEN SERVER IS FULL=====

#==Kit Recon 8;Count 3;Say >>%p%

#==Kit Recon 8;Count 2;PlayerSay >>%p%

#==Kit Recon 8;PlayerSay >>%p%

Can you put in a rule that makes snipers even on teams IE 4 per side. I am getting reports that one side is getting all the sniper kits which is a bit unfair. I would prefere to even it out 4 per team.

Originally Posted by SamTyler*:

The sniper problem is:

On Spawn;Teamsize 10;Kit Recon 8;PlayerSay >>%p%

Teamsize 10 means smaller or equal to 10 in the current team, less or equal 10 at each side...

Kit Recon 8 means more than 8 Recon at each side

To limit it to 4 at each side try

On Spawn;Teamsize 10;Kit Recon 4;PlayerSay >>%p%

And the problem with picking up sniper kit is:

On Teamkill;Damage SniperRifle;Say >>%p%

It works only for an teamkill and you have to limit it - see rule below.

#=====SNIPER RULZ=====

# No sniper rifle kills by non-Recon (prevents WeaponLimiter workaround)

On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;Not Kit Recon;Say >>%p%

Kills the player if taken a sniper kit but has no Recon kit and kills someone (taken from this thread some more pages ago ;-)).

Originally Posted by Bertsinbad*:

#=====AIR RULZ=====

On Kill;Not Admins;Damage VehicleHeavy;Count 6;Ban %p% Banned for repeated Helicopter killing

On Kill;Damage VehicleAir;Teamsize 5;Count 3;Log %p% kicked for Helicopters kills;Kick kicked for repeated Helicopter killing

On Kill;Damage VehicleAir;Teamsize 5;Yell No Helicopters Until Sides Are 6 v 6;Kill

AIR RULZ - ban rule is for tanks not heli (but it wont trigger anyway because of previous rulz)

TANK RULZ - you want to ban anyone who gets more than 6 tank kills in a round?

Originally Posted by Blackhand-Bonehead*:

AIR RULZ - ban rule is for tanks not heli (but it wont trigger anyway because of previous rulz)

TANK RULZ - you want to ban anyone who gets more than 6 tank kills in a round?

Spotted air rule problem I hope. If you read tank rule it's to stop tank abuse when no admins on server. We don't allow tanks under 6 v 6