ProconRulz - take admin action on triggers, e.g. weapon limit

ImportBot

Originally Posted by Cain*:

as bambam said it is possible. But having a few rules that LOG or notify ingame admins generaly on high "kill rates" is indeed usefull. Once a high killrate is detected, an alerted admin can quickcheck the guy's stats (cheat-o-meter is my fav) and kick him manually if suspected.

I really like this idea!! My concern is folks with an insane K/D.... We are a Metabans server and really like it. I need to take a look at Cheat-o-meter.

Can some kind soul help me make a rule that would log, and also notify my admins ingame to take a look at the guy?

Many, many thanks!! And Bambam, thank you for the reply and this plugin !

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImportBot

Originally Posted by HelloKitty*:

Code:

## Notifys players on kill ratio above 15 Kp5M (Kills per 5 Minutes) if admins are online
# CurrentPlayer kills with any weapon AND rate is 15 Kp5M or higher ACTION SayToAll in chat
On Kill;Not Admins;Rate 15 300;Say >>> [%p%] has a high kill ratio. Available Admins please check him!

## Logs kill ratio above 15 Kp5M (Kills per 5 Minutes)
# CurrentPlayer kills with any weapon AND rate is 15 Kp5M or higher ACTION Log to serverchat
On Kill;Rate 15 300;Log ^8>>> [%p%] %h%kills [%v%] with %w% on %r%m range (high kill ratio #%c% Kp5M)
adjust the rate to your needs....

Originally Posted by bambam*:

As a suggestion, include the word hacker in your log message on the kill rate detect - I routinely search our chatlog for the word "hack" anyway, and that picks up both players accusing others of hacking and the auto-log messages.

Here's a chunk of our rulz - e.g. there's a 'say' text rule that prompts the user to give the player name (once) if they say anything including the string 'hack'. Other rulz included just FYI.

# TEAMKILL limits

On TeamKill;Weapon DEFIB;Rate 2 20;Say >>%p%

On Teamkill;Count 3;Admins;Say ProconRulz Protection System [%p%] multiple teamkills (#%c%)

On Teamkill;Count 3;Not Admins;Say >>%p%

On Teamkill;Damage SniperRifle;Say >>%p%

On Teamkill;Say >>%p%

# SAY Text rulz

On Say;Text forum;Admin;Yell Comments/Complaints to www.ofcgaming.com

On Say;Text admin;Admin;PlayerSay [%p%] is an admin on this server

On Say;Text admin;Not Admin;PlayerSay [%p%] is not an admin on this server - contact www.ofcgaming,com

On Say;Text protected;Protected;PlayerSay [%p%] is protected from kills/kicks

On Say;Text protected;Not Protected;PlayerSay [%p%] is not protected from kills/kicks

On Say;Text ts3;Say OFc Teamspeak 3 server is ts3.ofc-server.com:9987

On Say;Text teamspeak;Say OFc Teamspeak 3 server is ts3.ofc-server.com:9987

On Say;Text hack;PlayerFirst;PlayerSay %p% say the player name if you spot hacking and we'll look into it

# JOIN/LEAVE rulz

On Join;Admin;Yell Admin %p% joining

On Join;Admins;Protected;Log protected player %p% joined (Admins online)

On Join;Protected;Log protected player %p% joined (No admins online)

On Join;Admins;Not Protected;Log %p% joined (not protected, admins online)

On Join;Log %p% joined (not protected and no admins online)

On Leave;Log %p% just left the server

# WELCOME MESSAGE

On Spawn;PlayerOnce;PlayerSay %p% welcome to OFc. Say rulz to see our rules, ts3 for teamspeak info.

# SPAWN AND KILL LOGGING

On Spawn;Ping 300;Log %p% spawned with ping >= 300 (was %ping%) (Kit %k%. Weapons %w%. Damage %d%. Specs %spec%)

On Spawn;Log %p% spawned (ping %ping%) (Kit %k%. Weapons %w%. Damage %d%. Specs %spec%)

On Kill;Log ^2[%p%] %pt% %k% killed [%v%] %vt% %vk% with %w%, range %r% %h% (player kill #%c%, team #%tc%, server #%sc%)

On Suicide;Log >>%p%

# ROUND CHANGE

On Round;Log Map %m% %mm% loaded (teamsize is %n%)

FYI if you're checking cheats, the most reliable way is to check their stats. To test your judgement, see what cheat-o-meter tells you and see if you would have spotted that with the raw stats:

here's some useful links:

http://www.team-des-fra.fr/html/chea...=SirGeorge8600

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/SirGeorge8600

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/SirGeorge8600/

Sometime the K/D ratio is extreme, and that's obvious. The player above has an ok K/D but a stupid amount of headshots. Other times the players stats are just very unusual e.g. apparent leet gameplay but no use at all of many weapons. I'm yet to see a player with any kind of wierd stats who *wasn't* hacking.

The Procon CheaterAlert plugin uses a variety of kill-rate indicators to suggest hacking, and then automatically checks online stats to make a final judgement - it's the final step that makes all the difference.

Originally Posted by Bertsinbad*:

The only thing I will say about our procon rulz cheat rules (cause I dont want to advertise how we are doing it..) is 60 additional bans for cheats over 12 servers in the last 4 weeks..

We are 100% sure over every single one of them too... :ohmy:

Cheat-o-meter is great btw but you need to think about every player and 'why' they show as a cheat...

Bam bam, Ive seen a few comments about it previously in the thread but;

Have you thought about adding a simple IF trigger

ie

IF; rule 1; rule 2; kick

This could dramaticaly improve our cheat and 'behaviour' rulz

@cain, we have a separate reporting system which I have set procon rulz to trigger, this informs any admins ingame and sends a report to our forums/admin webpages

mostly we review 'suspicious players' from these reports as the more obvious ones get auto-kicked by procon-rulz

you can use a action of "AdminSay " " in combination with the rule to inform admins ingame

for example (modified Hellokittys rule again thanks)

On Kill;Not Admins;Rate 15 300;AdminSay >>> [%p%] has a high kill ratio. Available Admins please check him!

------------------

+another 2 bans thanks to procon rulz since my last post 3 hours ago lol :smile:

@bert:

simple IF trigger

lol fek off you do it :smile:

Is the idea that you want an OR between conditions in the same rule? I'll certainly think about it but the syntax has to be thought through. I think the new feature would be to do with the CONDITIONS not the trigger...

So if the current rule format is T;C1;C2;C3;A1;A2;A3 where T is an "On" trigger, C's are conditions (any number, 3 illustrated), and A's are actions (any number, 3 illustrated) what's the format of a rule using an "IF" trigger?

I suspect the simplest thing we could do would be something like T;Ca1;Ca2;Ca3|Cb1;Cb2;Cb3;A1;A2;A3 where the Ca's and Cb's are alternative sets of conditions with the "|" meaning OR. I.e. the rule means "ON Trigger T, IF (conditions Ca1,Ca2 and Ca3 all succeed OR Cb1, Cb2 and Cb3 all succeed) THEN do actions A1, A2, A3.

BUT someone is bound to ask for a rule that's something like T;C1;(C2|C3);A1;A2, (if you see what I mean) and note that THAT syntax won't frickin work with the above syntax (we just invented brackets). To start parsing nested brackets is a bit of a pain in the ass - I end up writing the syntax analyzer of a full programming language.

I dunno, maybe I should just get on and think more about a more flexible rule format and get around to it (someone will ask for case statements and subroutine calls...). In the meantime, all should be aware T;C1;(C2|C3);A1;A2 *can* be done in ProconRulz if you spell it out with TWO rulz:

T;C1;C2;A1;A2

T;C1;C3;A1;A2

so it's not as pretty but it's not as if we're fuxed.

bert goes cross eyed trying to read T;Ca1;Ca2;Ca3|Cb1;Cb2;Cb3;A1;A2;A3

Yes that's exactly what I was thinking about, but I can see its not exactly a simple job for you to change it lol

How are things set for BF3, will you have a version of Rulz for that?

@cain, we have a separate reporting system which I have set procon rulz to trigger, this informs any admins ingame and sends a report to our forums/admin webpages

mostly we review 'suspicious players' from these reports as the more obvious ones get auto-kicked by procon-rulz

you can use a action of "AdminSay " " in combination with the rule to inform admins ingame

for example (modified Hellokittys rule again thanks)

On Kill;Not Admins;Rate 15 300;AdminSay >>> [%p%] has a high kill ratio. Available Admins please check him!

Hi Bert, I tried this last night, and while it did echo to the procon layer console none of my admins saw it...

Do they need to be actively logged in to Procon to see an Admin say message? Do I need to enable the in-game admin Procon plugin for this rule to work?

Thanks in advance!

hehe....Typo: "On Kill;Not Admins;Rate 15 300;AdminSay >>> [%p%] has a high kill ratio. Available Admins please check him!" this rule makes no sense at all. "Say to admins while no admins on the server"....

Bert meant: "On Kill;Admins;Rate 15 300;AdminSay >>> [%p%] has a high kill ratio. Available Admins please check him!"

but be aware to put that rule as much to bottom as you can - it will overide "On Kill" rules below...

You cannot get the Kill-Death ratio with RulZ. Only Kill per Time..

Originally Posted by stuckmoto*:

hehe....Typo: "On Kill;Not Admins;Rate 15 300;AdminSay >>> [%p%] has a high kill ratio. Available Admins please check him!" this rule makes no sense at all. "Say to admins while no admins on the server"....

Yea, I even picked up on that one... I pulled the "Not Admins" and changed the text a bit.

How are things set for BF3, will you have a version of Rulz for that?

Phogue is already in touch with the BF3 people, and Procon 1 is planned to support BF3 in the shortest reasonable time. ProconRulz has already had as much done to it as possible to prepare for BF3 (e.g. internal team sizes have been scaled up and assumptions on team names or map modes have all been removed) but we won't really know until we get a BF3 server spewing its event data into Procon and seeing if there's anything fundamental that needs new programming.

My guess is we'll have a Procon/ProconRulz solution for BF3 quite quickly for things that made sense in previous versions of Battlefield (like a sniper limit) but there could be new capabilities (like maybe new events like "mcom armed" or "vehicle destroyed") which will need an updated version of ProconRulz to support.

Bambam

Originally Posted by stuckmoto*:

Anyone else seeing people getting yell/say at - due to "ProjectileExplosive" rules when they are also using grenades?

Here are my rulz:

#######EXPLOSIVES

# ------Kicks player and says in chat on killratio > 10 in 10 mins------

On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Rate 10 600;Say %p% is kicked for spamming Explosive kills;Kick EXPLOSIVE SPAMMING - BYE BYE

# ------Kills player and yells private to stop explosive spamming on killratio > 8 in 10 mins------

On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Rate 8 600;PlayerYell Do not spam EXPLOSIVES! You will be kicked!;Kill 3000

# ------Yells private to stop spamming explosives on killratio > 6 in 10 mins -----

On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Rate 6 600;PlayerYell EXCESSIVE EXPLOSIVES NOT ALLOWED

On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Log %p% with EXPLOSIVES killed %v% - ^1(kill #%c%)

Twice I've seen a player being yelled at and the count shows 2 or 3 "ProjectileExplosives", so I check the event log and see they have numerous grenade kills in the same period. Grenade is just "explosive" damage right? Is the condition picking up the both key words?

Strange. According to the Wiki description grenades are "simple" Explosives and should not trigger your rules which are correct as it seems to me. Bambam will have a better awnser but as quick workaround you could put a simple log-GrenadeRulz-rate above which prevents checking the ProjectileExplosives.

Hi Bert, I tried this last night, and while it did echo to the procon layer console none of my admins saw it...

Do they need to be actively logged in to Procon to see an Admin say message? Do I need to enable the in-game admin Procon plugin for this rule to work?

Thanks in advance!

Guys I have an oddball problem, I'd appreciate any help with...

This works perfectly and all my Admins see the AdminSay messages i the game ... except for me!! I have every single Procon access checked and full Procon access, but for some unknown reason I do not see these messages in-game, while they see them....

Any suggestions I'd appreciate........

Cain you can test whether ProconRulz thinks you're an admin with the rule:

On Say;Text test_admin;Admin;PlayerSay Confirmed %p% is an ADMIN

On Say;Text test_admin;Not Admin;PlayerSay %p% is NOT an ADMIN

And then chat "test_admin".

@stuckmoto:

Yeah I'm pretty sure hand-thrown grenades are damage Explosive, you can confirm by modifying your log rule:

On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Log %p% with EXPLOSIVES (weapon %w%, damage %d%) killed %v% - ^1(kill #%c%)

HEY you guys can help me out... where's the documentation that says what at the ^1, ^2.. codes mean in text that's written to the log windows? I've used the codes but only trial-and-error..

Bambam

Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT)*:

HEY you guys can help me out... where's the documentation that says what at the ^1, ^2.. codes mean in text that's written to the log windows? I've used the codes but only trial-and-error..

It's the procon.doc that comes with every procon or every source.

Quick overview:

^0 Black

^1 Maroon (Error color)

^2 Medium Sea Green

^3 Dark Orange

^4 Royal Blue

^5 Cornflower Blue

^6 Dark Violet

^7 Deep Pink

^8 Red

^9 Grey

^b Bold

^n Normal

^i Italicized

^^ ^(Escape character)

Quick overview:

^0 Black

^1 Maroon (Error color)

^2 Medium Sea Green

^3 Dark Orange

^4 Royal Blue

^5 Cornflower Blue

^6 Dark Violet

^7 Deep Pink

^8 Red

^9 Grey

^b Bold

^n Normal

^i Italicized

^^ ^(Escape character)

awesome thanks Morpheus...

Bambam

Cain you can test whether ProconRulz thinks you're an admin with the rule:

On Say;Text test_admin;Admin;PlayerSay Confirmed %p% is an ADMIN

On Say;Text test_admin;Not Admin;PlayerSay %p% is NOT an ADMIN

And then chat "test_admin".

Bambam

Well, that was enlightening !! turns out I was not an Admin in my own server , LOL !! Thx BamBam...

It's the procon.doc that comes with every procon or every source.

Quick overview:

^0 Black

^1 Maroon (Error color)

^2 Medium Sea Green

^3 Dark Orange

^4 Royal Blue

^5 Cornflower Blue

^6 Dark Violet

^7 Deep Pink

^8 Red

^9 Grey

^b Bold

^n Normal

^i Italicized

^^ ^(Escape character)

So, we can make colored chat messages from ProconRulz, and Procon?

Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT)*:

So, we can make colored chat messages from ProconRulz, and Procon?

If you add one of those "codes" to a message in procon, it will be displayed in color. This doesn't work ingame though.